Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Tool] Food Point Converter
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
A lot of people sell food in the forums. I looked for something like this, but the only things I found were overly large and cumbersome. So I couldn't sleep and I taught myself to code this.

To use this go to "File" and click "Make a Copy" or else you won't be able to use it. The main file is locked so only I can edit it (that way it stays how it's supposed to be and no one tries to pull a practical joke).

FOODPOINT CONVERTER LINK CLICK THIS

Anyways here's the gist of it.

Column A is the name of the food.
Column B is how many foodpoints each piece of food has.
Both of those should remain unchanged. Seriously don't touch them XD

Column C is how many you have.
Column D is how many food points of that item you have.
You should only EVER enter numbers in column C. D autofigures by itself.

Insects Row 118D, Meat Row 117D, Seafood Row 113D, and Plant Row117D are the total foodpoints you have.

Insect Row 121C is how much you charge per food point. This is the number you change (according to how much you charge) for figuring out how much networth in food you have.

There are two main ways to use this sheet.

1. You can use this tool SOLEY for when your selling. Make a copy and enter numbers in until you get the right amount based on what you have and sell the order. Then delete the copy and make a new one for each order (that way you don't have to erase everything)

Example: Bob buys 3421 Food points. Now you don't have to finnegle with a calculator. You just enter in what you have until you figure out the best way to achieve that number.

2. You can keep track of what you have in you hoard. Make a Copy and Title it something like "Hoard Food Point Tracker". This one you keep so you know what you're running short on. You won't delete this one, but keep it and update it.

Some things to know:

As of 6:04 PM EST on 9/15/2014 this sheet is correct.

I will update it when new food is added.

The first items on each sheet are from the coliseum. These items are listed in order of the areas in which they first appear. Since this is where you find most of your food to sell, they are first on the list. (Insect Row 36, Meat Row 49, Seafood Row 40, and Plant Row 40 are the last item(s) in the coliseum). The ones after that are rated by how many stars they have. I pulled the info from two guides which I'm crediting at the bottom.

You may notice some items are missing. There are two reasons for that.
1. I missed them. I'm human, it happens (or maybe I'm not human.)
2. They are expensive and I didn't list them as a gentle reminder that you don't want to sell those that cheap! No really!

Next post will be a log data to show when I've updated it. I'll also post when I do.

I used the following guides to make sure I had all the food in this tool
Maki's Text Only Coliseum Drops
JinxMagic Guide to Coliseum Drops
Azophel Gathering Reference Guide
@Nevele For giving me the idea
A lot of people sell food in the forums. I looked for something like this, but the only things I found were overly large and cumbersome. So I couldn't sleep and I taught myself to code this.

To use this go to "File" and click "Make a Copy" or else you won't be able to use it. The main file is locked so only I can edit it (that way it stays how it's supposed to be and no one tries to pull a practical joke).

FOODPOINT CONVERTER LINK CLICK THIS

Anyways here's the gist of it.

Column A is the name of the food.
Column B is how many foodpoints each piece of food has.
Both of those should remain unchanged. Seriously don't touch them XD

Column C is how many you have.
Column D is how many food points of that item you have.
You should only EVER enter numbers in column C. D autofigures by itself.

Insects Row 118D, Meat Row 117D, Seafood Row 113D, and Plant Row117D are the total foodpoints you have.

Insect Row 121C is how much you charge per food point. This is the number you change (according to how much you charge) for figuring out how much networth in food you have.

There are two main ways to use this sheet.

1. You can use this tool SOLEY for when your selling. Make a copy and enter numbers in until you get the right amount based on what you have and sell the order. Then delete the copy and make a new one for each order (that way you don't have to erase everything)

Example: Bob buys 3421 Food points. Now you don't have to finnegle with a calculator. You just enter in what you have until you figure out the best way to achieve that number.

2. You can keep track of what you have in you hoard. Make a Copy and Title it something like "Hoard Food Point Tracker". This one you keep so you know what you're running short on. You won't delete this one, but keep it and update it.

Some things to know:

As of 6:04 PM EST on 9/15/2014 this sheet is correct.

I will update it when new food is added.

The first items on each sheet are from the coliseum. These items are listed in order of the areas in which they first appear. Since this is where you find most of your food to sell, they are first on the list. (Insect Row 36, Meat Row 49, Seafood Row 40, and Plant Row 40 are the last item(s) in the coliseum). The ones after that are rated by how many stars they have. I pulled the info from two guides which I'm crediting at the bottom.

You may notice some items are missing. There are two reasons for that.
1. I missed them. I'm human, it happens (or maybe I'm not human.)
2. They are expensive and I didn't list them as a gentle reminder that you don't want to sell those that cheap! No really!

Next post will be a log data to show when I've updated it. I'll also post when I do.

I used the following guides to make sure I had all the food in this tool
Maki's Text Only Coliseum Drops
JinxMagic Guide to Coliseum Drops
Azophel Gathering Reference Guide
@Nevele For giving me the idea
tumblr_niajzvn5n21tfzajgo1_400.gif
EDIT/UPDATE LOG

9/15/2014 (6:07PM EST) Put out the link. Updated at this point
9/16/2014 (1:10AM EST) Fixed the total treasure multiplier. It was dividing instead of multiplying
EDIT/UPDATE LOG

9/15/2014 (6:07PM EST) Put out the link. Updated at this point
9/16/2014 (1:10AM EST) Fixed the total treasure multiplier. It was dividing instead of multiplying
Yay! I played around with it and totaled up the food in my hoard, and it's way more convenient than doing it all by hand.

My only suggestion would be that it would be nice if the foods were listed in the same order they appear in my hoard. I'm not sure how that works, but I assume there's some kind of item ID that determines how they're sorted? It would make it even quicker to input everything (:

Thanks for making this, I'll definitely be using it in the future.
Yay! I played around with it and totaled up the food in my hoard, and it's way more convenient than doing it all by hand.

My only suggestion would be that it would be nice if the foods were listed in the same order they appear in my hoard. I'm not sure how that works, but I assume there's some kind of item ID that determines how they're sorted? It would make it even quicker to input everything (:

Thanks for making this, I'll definitely be using it in the future.
emeOzA6.png
@Nevele

I was just looking at that. the only problem is I havent found anywhere the food are listed in ID order, so I'm going to have to wing it and make myself a little icon posts so I can see the numbers and food type. and delete as I put them in order.

So I'll probably work on that in a spare copy and then put it out in a week-ish. Just depending on how long it takes.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like it ^_^
@Nevele

I was just looking at that. the only problem is I havent found anywhere the food are listed in ID order, so I'm going to have to wing it and make myself a little icon posts so I can see the numbers and food type. and delete as I put them in order.

So I'll probably work on that in a spare copy and then put it out in a week-ish. Just depending on how long it takes.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like it ^_^
@Nyxidos

Hmm, yeah, that sounds like a lot of work!

It looks like the Super Hoard Organizer has them listed in ID order, and it seems to be up-to-date. Maybe the people who have been working on it would let you borrow their data? (Link to thread.)
@Nyxidos

Hmm, yeah, that sounds like a lot of work!

It looks like the Super Hoard Organizer has them listed in ID order, and it seems to be up-to-date. Maybe the people who have been working on it would let you borrow their data? (Link to thread.)
emeOzA6.png
For reference, the super hoard organizer goes by image number-- so if you were to open the image in another tab, it'd say 001, 002, and so on and so forth.

Either sorting by that or alphabetical order might make it a bit easier...
For reference, the super hoard organizer goes by image number-- so if you were to open the image in another tab, it'd say 001, 002, and so on and so forth.

Either sorting by that or alphabetical order might make it a bit easier...
021_zpswugdkw7b.png

rafflegif_zps1lbgfahm.gif
Thanks guys! I'm actually working on updating it and organizing it into image order. I'm hoping to be done with it early next week!
Thanks guys! I'm actually working on updating it and organizing it into image order. I'm hoping to be done with it early next week!
HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO DANG HELPFUL THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH OP
now i dont have to sit there with my calculator hoping to god i dont lose my place or mess up
HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO DANG HELPFUL THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH OP
now i dont have to sit there with my calculator hoping to god i dont lose my place or mess up
1186.png1185.pngexport.png export.png export.png1187.png1188.png
Nice work, Nyxidos! I'll definitely be using this in the future, holy moly.
Nice work, Nyxidos! I'll definitely be using this in the future, holy moly.
tumblr_nnedqo54LB1s6fg0ro1_100.png irdglOm.gif SmallVerticalDivider.png
SmallVerticalDivider.png
SmallVerticalDivider.png
SmallVerticalDivider.png
Hoping to see this updated with the new foods
Hoping to see this updated with the new foods
Leezpunk
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page