Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Farm the Fairgrounds
1 2 3 4
Gosh darnit you've done it again. You can't blame yourself, though...I mean, that apparel was so dang sparkly! And those Swipp familiars are so rare and pretty!

But it burns down to the fact you're broke. Again.

You need cash. Better check the Guides forum to see how to do so.

They all say "Farm the coliseum" or "sell rares". One, the Coliseum is a terrible way of making money, imo, unless you're high-leveled and you have a good build and some ambush + eliminate stones. Two, you have no rares because you have no treasure! It's a vicious cycle. Plus, all the guides just say how to make money; they don't say how to have fun while doing it. Sure, grinding Shock Switch for two hours makes a lot of $$, but it is so excruciatingly boring that who would even bother?

Your only other choice is the Fairgrounds. Uggggggh this place is so BORING. How do I make money off this place??

Well, here is a guide to farming the fairgrounds!

\\\\\0/////

Okay, to make this easier, lets just say you have 0 treasure. Totally, absolutely, hopelessly broke.

Step One: Visit the Fairgrounds. Pick Shock Switch.

Step Two: Pick Very Easy, Easy, or Normal.

Step Three: Once in the game, right-click/spacebar/hit the arrow about four-five times, then madly click everywhere on the blocks. This will rack up points and make the energy bar shoot up. If you repeat this, you can fill up the bar in 5 minutes, no problem.

Step Four: Fill the Shock Switch Gauge.

Step Five: Now that it's full, carefully fill the spaces so the blocks are perfectly flat. This may take a little while. Start hitting spacebar/rightclicking/hitting the arrow until you're juuuuuuuust about to lose the game, then SLAM S! You should erase 66 blocks. After this, you can continue, but since I'm impatient I end the game here.

Step Six: You will make a bit over 5kt from doing that. Good job. Now for the rest. Pick Runestones of the Arcanist or Tidal Trouble (I personally like Runestones better than TT, but hey.)

Step Seven: If you pick Runestones, play until Level 8, then refresh. Anything past Level 8 isn't really worth the effort. If you pick Tidal Trouble, keep on playing; the treasure payout increases as the puzzles go on.

Step Eight: Play until you have 8.5kt.

Step Nine: Finally, play Jigsaw. EASY MODE. The other modes are not worth the effort unless you're really good at puzzles. Easy Mode will give you about 1.5kt, and it only takes three minutes. Jigsaw can be boring, unless you time yourself. Timing yourself makes it 10x more fun. I swear.

Step Ten: Congratulations, you earned 10kt! Rinse and repeat until you're too bored to go on or you've reached the Lucky Streak.

Sick of Runestones, TT, and Jigsaw? Higher or Lower can net you a fair amount of money if you don't feel like doing the other games.

Then, you can do what you want with the treasure. Look for cheap things to re-sell, talk to Swipp a lot (but be VERY VERY careful with Swipp! Use a calculator to see if it's a good idea to do business with him!)

Also, scavenge every day to find Unhatched Eggs. You can make one heck of a sum on those things!

Thats it, tell me if I should add anything! :)
Gosh darnit you've done it again. You can't blame yourself, though...I mean, that apparel was so dang sparkly! And those Swipp familiars are so rare and pretty!

But it burns down to the fact you're broke. Again.

You need cash. Better check the Guides forum to see how to do so.

They all say "Farm the coliseum" or "sell rares". One, the Coliseum is a terrible way of making money, imo, unless you're high-leveled and you have a good build and some ambush + eliminate stones. Two, you have no rares because you have no treasure! It's a vicious cycle. Plus, all the guides just say how to make money; they don't say how to have fun while doing it. Sure, grinding Shock Switch for two hours makes a lot of $$, but it is so excruciatingly boring that who would even bother?

Your only other choice is the Fairgrounds. Uggggggh this place is so BORING. How do I make money off this place??

Well, here is a guide to farming the fairgrounds!

\\\\\0/////

Okay, to make this easier, lets just say you have 0 treasure. Totally, absolutely, hopelessly broke.

Step One: Visit the Fairgrounds. Pick Shock Switch.

Step Two: Pick Very Easy, Easy, or Normal.

Step Three: Once in the game, right-click/spacebar/hit the arrow about four-five times, then madly click everywhere on the blocks. This will rack up points and make the energy bar shoot up. If you repeat this, you can fill up the bar in 5 minutes, no problem.

Step Four: Fill the Shock Switch Gauge.

Step Five: Now that it's full, carefully fill the spaces so the blocks are perfectly flat. This may take a little while. Start hitting spacebar/rightclicking/hitting the arrow until you're juuuuuuuust about to lose the game, then SLAM S! You should erase 66 blocks. After this, you can continue, but since I'm impatient I end the game here.

Step Six: You will make a bit over 5kt from doing that. Good job. Now for the rest. Pick Runestones of the Arcanist or Tidal Trouble (I personally like Runestones better than TT, but hey.)

Step Seven: If you pick Runestones, play until Level 8, then refresh. Anything past Level 8 isn't really worth the effort. If you pick Tidal Trouble, keep on playing; the treasure payout increases as the puzzles go on.

Step Eight: Play until you have 8.5kt.

Step Nine: Finally, play Jigsaw. EASY MODE. The other modes are not worth the effort unless you're really good at puzzles. Easy Mode will give you about 1.5kt, and it only takes three minutes. Jigsaw can be boring, unless you time yourself. Timing yourself makes it 10x more fun. I swear.

Step Ten: Congratulations, you earned 10kt! Rinse and repeat until you're too bored to go on or you've reached the Lucky Streak.

Sick of Runestones, TT, and Jigsaw? Higher or Lower can net you a fair amount of money if you don't feel like doing the other games.

Then, you can do what you want with the treasure. Look for cheap things to re-sell, talk to Swipp a lot (but be VERY VERY careful with Swipp! Use a calculator to see if it's a good idea to do business with him!)

Also, scavenge every day to find Unhatched Eggs. You can make one heck of a sum on those things!

Thats it, tell me if I should add anything! :)
gummy_by_kimikohi-d7nlzrf.gif
@Gummysaur

I decided to do some research on treasure : time ratios on the Fairground for 2 minutes each.

Runestones of the Arcanist
Pros: Upbeat and easy to pick up, not terribly boring
Cons: Higher levels are just utterly annoying, the cards are so tiny! Can get monotonous

Treasure payout after 2 minutes: ~1500 treasure

Shock Switch (beta)
Pros: Highest treasure : time ratio
Cons: Gets. So. BORING

Treasure payout is unaffected by difficulty. Duration matters, not difficulty.

Treasure payout after 2 minutes: ~1750 treasure

Tidal Trouble
Pros: Great music, fun concept
Cons: Very inconsistent with treasure because some of the user-made puzzles are very
awkward, and if you get unlucky and get every color except the color you need,
then you can lose based on pure unluckiness

Treasure payout after 2 minutes: ~1450 treasure

Jigsaw
Pros: Great for puzzle fanatics
Cons: Lowest treasure : time payout, normal and hard levels aren't worth it

Treasure payout after 2 minutes: My fastest completion time is 3 minutes, 5 seconds

Treasure payout after 3 minutes: 1250 treasure
@Gummysaur

I decided to do some research on treasure : time ratios on the Fairground for 2 minutes each.

Runestones of the Arcanist
Pros: Upbeat and easy to pick up, not terribly boring
Cons: Higher levels are just utterly annoying, the cards are so tiny! Can get monotonous

Treasure payout after 2 minutes: ~1500 treasure

Shock Switch (beta)
Pros: Highest treasure : time ratio
Cons: Gets. So. BORING

Treasure payout is unaffected by difficulty. Duration matters, not difficulty.

Treasure payout after 2 minutes: ~1750 treasure

Tidal Trouble
Pros: Great music, fun concept
Cons: Very inconsistent with treasure because some of the user-made puzzles are very
awkward, and if you get unlucky and get every color except the color you need,
then you can lose based on pure unluckiness

Treasure payout after 2 minutes: ~1450 treasure

Jigsaw
Pros: Great for puzzle fanatics
Cons: Lowest treasure : time payout, normal and hard levels aren't worth it

Treasure payout after 2 minutes: My fastest completion time is 3 minutes, 5 seconds

Treasure payout after 3 minutes: 1250 treasure
@foxwaffles thank you! :D
@foxwaffles thank you! :D
@Gummysaur
No problem ^_^ I find if I play in 5 minute stints for each game and circuit through them (pun unintended) then it feels less monotonous.
@Gummysaur
No problem ^_^ I find if I play in 5 minute stints for each game and circuit through them (pun unintended) then it feels less monotonous.
@Gummysaur: Shock switch is not time based.
Each difficulty has a different multiplier when you match 3 and additionally has a different conversion ratio from points to treasure. The way to rack up points fast is to make combos especially falling combos.

How to play shock swtich:
  1. Select very easy.
  2. Space bar until the page is nearly full.
  3. Make matches at the very bottom of the screen. Increases likelihood of combos.
  4. Repeat.
  5. Kill the game when you get to ~15min. The speed means you can't fill the page effectively any more and the time to treasure ratio drops.

In 10min you can make 10k+ in treasure.
@Gummysaur: Shock switch is not time based.
Each difficulty has a different multiplier when you match 3 and additionally has a different conversion ratio from points to treasure. The way to rack up points fast is to make combos especially falling combos.

How to play shock swtich:
  1. Select very easy.
  2. Space bar until the page is nearly full.
  3. Make matches at the very bottom of the screen. Increases likelihood of combos.
  4. Repeat.
  5. Kill the game when you get to ~15min. The speed means you can't fill the page effectively any more and the time to treasure ratio drops.

In 10min you can make 10k+ in treasure.
To help with boredom find a show, podcast or music to listen to.

I also add coli to cycling through things. I'll do SS for a few minutes, pause it; play one or two games of TT; visit the forums; visit Crim; play a few rounds in the coli; go back to SS. I don' t do Runestones or puzzles much, rather burnt out on them when they were all that worked.
To help with boredom find a show, podcast or music to listen to.

I also add coli to cycling through things. I'll do SS for a few minutes, pause it; play one or two games of TT; visit the forums; visit Crim; play a few rounds in the coli; go back to SS. I don' t do Runestones or puzzles much, rather burnt out on them when they were all that worked.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@Kyandiikane Thank you! I know the game isn't exactly time-based so I just said to fill the Gauge once. I have really little patience and so I tend only to play for 5 minutes :p

@Lightning good idea! c: There are definitely better ways to make money, but I'm just pointing out the way to use the Fairgrounds alone without any other helpers.
@Kyandiikane Thank you! I know the game isn't exactly time-based so I just said to fill the Gauge once. I have really little patience and so I tend only to play for 5 minutes :p

@Lightning good idea! c: There are definitely better ways to make money, but I'm just pointing out the way to use the Fairgrounds alone without any other helpers.
@Gummysaur: Playing short games is the way to go!

Edit: I just went to experiment with the shock gauge, which gives 10k points when used. However it always gives 10k no matter how many blocks are on the screen.
@Gummysaur: Playing short games is the way to go!

Edit: I just went to experiment with the shock gauge, which gives 10k points when used. However it always gives 10k no matter how many blocks are on the screen.
@Gummysaur

Ahh, thank you--makes sense!
I've been grinding Shockwave and its safe to say that the short games keeps the boredom away. X'D
@Gummysaur

Ahh, thank you--makes sense!
I've been grinding Shockwave and its safe to say that the short games keeps the boredom away. X'D
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
@Gummysaur

Personally my strat for Shock Switch is pick the hardest mode, grind it for about two minutes, and quit. Rinse and repeat - it gets me about 1600-1700t per run. I can play for four minutes and I only get 2300ish t, so quitting and restarting to get 3200ish t per four minutes (in two minute bursts) is significantly more efficient than just playing for ages.

Very Hard is also less mind-numbingly boring than the easier modes. I can't deal with it when I'm not engaged with/suitably challenged by a game. ':D
@Gummysaur

Personally my strat for Shock Switch is pick the hardest mode, grind it for about two minutes, and quit. Rinse and repeat - it gets me about 1600-1700t per run. I can play for four minutes and I only get 2300ish t, so quitting and restarting to get 3200ish t per four minutes (in two minute bursts) is significantly more efficient than just playing for ages.

Very Hard is also less mind-numbingly boring than the easier modes. I can't deal with it when I'm not engaged with/suitably challenged by a game. ':D
2WbApPz.png
has Brain Slime and sucks at being active
1 2 3 4