Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | About Earthflight
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
*[i]Walking onto the thread is a Seafoam Tundra, looking as proper as a clown can. Sitting all pretty, he gathers himself up to address the masses. He has put on his best tunic, and most elegant Fez, adjusting his monocle before speaking.[/i]* [color=white]-[/color] [center]"Greetings all who cross this thread. Welcome!"[/center] In case anyone out there is curious about what Earthflight is about, I, Jouradyi have come to spread the message of Earthshaker! *[i]Holding the pose, he held it for a bit before collapsing into laughter.[/i]* Snrk, sorry sorry. But here in Earth we are not all that formal. Actually, some say that we are [i]down to earth[/i] XD And a bit punny at times. Anyone thinking about shifting flights might want to know what Earthflight is all about, so I have come to let you guys know about us straight from the tundra's mouth! [center]----[/center] [b]Eyes: [/b] While some people might be concerned about the look of Earthies eyes, the brown coloring has it's advantages. Unless you are breeding bright pink, the eyes shouldn't be a major detraction. While they aren't a vibrant as others, they allow the rest of the dragon's colorings to shine through. [quote=takora]Brown is a very neutral color, and does in my view not really clash with anything. I heard from several non-earth people they like the brown earth eyes because they are subtle and don't draw attention away from a dragon, also they do not ruin a dragon like red or pink eyes would etc.[/quote] [b]Community:[/b] I might be a bit bias, but I think Earthflight has the best community on FR. Well, if you like that sort of thing. We try to welcome anyone who chats on the forums. We have many threads with a range of topics; from giveaway threads, to rants and raves. Silly gifs and sale threads, and even flight events and debates on ideas. There isn't too much conflict, though different opinions are always welcome! We just try to be level headed about discussions and debating on sides rather then making any drama over it. Though we do have a tendency to stay within our own flight for talking. So we are less known to anyone outside of our group. And we tend to be very giving, helping those in need. Rallying together to help and lend aid where needed. Though open to help anyone, regardless of their flight. [quote=takora] Earth is a small, but very lovely flight! It is like a small village where everyone knows everybody and greets each other on the street and asks everyone what they did and stuff. :) Also we are very helpful when someone needs help! One time I ran out of lair space and moped a bit about it in the rant thread we have, and a hour later i had like the 150k treasure expansion sitting in my inbox and I was just floored because they said it was okay and I was literally nearly crying over that generosity ;_; Also everyone is super helpful in the forums, let it be with food, lairspace, dragon lending, battle help or other things![/quote] [quote]Earth is mainly about family. A sense of community and enjoying each others company. We like to help each other out, and chat often. We try to cheer people up if they are having a bad day, and celebrate when someone had a personal victory. We can be very kind, and sometimes a bit hyper or silly. [/quote] Earthflight is also home to many gifting dragons, wandering FR looking for people to surprise and brighten their day! [b]Dominance:[/b] While we are the smallest flight([i]at the moment[/i]) we have the largest advantage for getting dominance. Though we don't push often, when we do it tends to be a mighty force! Though, we have not always won in a Dom push, having been defeated before. But it's not a major factor for most Earthflight members. We are willing to rally when we want, but also like helping friends in other flights when they are making a push as well. [quote=takora]When Earth is pushing for dom, we are doing that rock hard, FULL THROTTLE; NEVER STOP. Like an avalanche. The whole flight just pushes together everything they have through the door. [/quote] [b]EarthShaker:[/b] He's number 1... literally. XD He's the first God you can find in all of FR. So he's that awesome! Though he spends most of his time in slumber, he's a guiding force for most of us. Representing the ideals of brotherhood and remembrance for what had been, and what might be. His love for lore is as thick as his mighty beard, and his sorrow for losing his siblings is felt by all Earthies. Which makes us tend to want to help others regardless of where they might have started or are now. He's also an amazing God when he speaks! [quote=Earthshaker]Children of the Stone, I commend you. This day the Earth Flight has triumphed, the memory of which shall be etched forever in the tunnels of Dragonhome. The Earth Flight ever endures. Our will to survive will not be eroded.[/quote] [quote=Earthshaker]The Earthshaker woke from his vigil beneath The Pillar and blinked his eyes slowly. "Something has changed." He rose gradually, shaking off a multitude of rocks and small trees. "I think that- yes. We've done it! The Earth Flight has risen supreme! This is truly a joyous day. Soon the other flights shall come together and we shall be as one! Congratulations to those valiant craftsdragons, warriors, and diplomats that have made this possible!" An earth sprite scuttled up his flank and made its way to his ear to whisper respectfully, "My Lord, I regret to inform you that this information is several weeks old. It is the Windsinger's brood that currently holds sway. And Arcane before that, and plague before-" "Oh." The behemoth let out a long, guttering sigh. "That is sad..." The Earthshaker went back to sleep. [/quote] I mean come on... [quote]There was no stopping them now. One by one, the Earthshaker watched his kin recede from the landscape, abandoning the post that had solidified their alliance for so many millennia. The Tidelord rumbled darkly about impending strife and the splintering of friendships before slipping into a murky lake. The Flamecaller left without a word at all, though the earth rumbled and issued hot jets of smoke in her wake. By nightfall, the stone guardian was completely alone, staring at the shattered column. The evening air howled; a solemn noise that reminded him just how deserted this landscape was. Dust moved in combating vortices, blotting out the glow of the moon, and encrusting the great dragon in gravels and sands. He did not move for several months, addled by sorrow and lethargy. From this resting place, the years passed him by, calcifying his body into a heap of boulders. [/quote] How can you not want to go and hug the big guy for that? ^^^ ----- So overall, that is a few things about Earthflight. If you decide to come join us, we will welcome you with open arms and cover you in tundra fluffs and piles of kindness. If not, I hope you enjoy where you are, or have a wonderful journey to somewhere else! [b]Safe travels![/b] *[i]Waving to all, the Fluffy Clown makes sure to greet and say goodbye to anyone who passes. He is later joined by a small crew that had joined him to greet the others. Leading the small group was a Snapper. Another clown, the Obsidian girl had become one of Jouradyi's Apprentices. Joining [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=17407&tab=dragon&did=827297]Bloodscale[/url], was her two lair sibs, a Ridgeback and a Spiral. The added to the Earthie pile to welcome anyone who passed through.[/i]* ------------------------- [center] [b]To sum up Earthflight ...[/b] [img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx2xlpun0z1qgtvz7.gif[/img] XD[/center]
*Walking onto the thread is a Seafoam Tundra, looking as proper as a clown can. Sitting all pretty, he gathers himself up to address the masses. He has put on his best tunic, and most elegant Fez, adjusting his monocle before speaking.*
-
"Greetings all who cross this thread. Welcome!"

In case anyone out there is curious about what Earthflight is about, I, Jouradyi have come to spread the message of Earthshaker!

*Holding the pose, he held it for a bit before collapsing into laughter.*

Snrk, sorry sorry. But here in Earth we are not all that formal. Actually, some say that we are down to earth XD And a bit punny at times.

Anyone thinking about shifting flights might want to know what Earthflight is all about, so I have come to let you guys know about us straight from the tundra's mouth!
----

Eyes:
While some people might be concerned about the look of Earthies eyes, the brown coloring has it's advantages. Unless you are breeding bright pink, the eyes shouldn't be a major detraction. While they aren't a vibrant as others, they allow the rest of the dragon's colorings to shine through.
takora wrote:
Brown is a very neutral color, and does in my view not really clash with anything. I heard from several non-earth people they like the brown earth eyes because they are subtle and don't draw attention away from a dragon, also they do not ruin a dragon like red or pink eyes would etc.

Community:
I might be a bit bias, but I think Earthflight has the best community on FR. Well, if you like that sort of thing. We try to welcome anyone who chats on the forums. We have many threads with a range of topics; from giveaway threads, to rants and raves. Silly gifs and sale threads, and even flight events and debates on ideas. There isn't too much conflict, though different opinions are always welcome! We just try to be level headed about discussions and debating on sides rather then making any drama over it. Though we do have a tendency to stay within our own flight for talking. So we are less known to anyone outside of our group. And we tend to be very giving, helping those in need. Rallying together to help and lend aid where needed. Though open to help anyone, regardless of their flight.
takora wrote:
Earth is a small, but very lovely flight! It is like a small village where everyone knows everybody and greets each other on the street and asks everyone what they did and stuff. :)

Also we are very helpful when someone needs help! One time I ran out of lair space and moped a bit about it in the rant thread we have, and a hour later i had like the 150k treasure expansion sitting in my inbox and I was just floored because they said it was okay and I was literally nearly crying over that generosity ;_; Also everyone is super helpful in the forums, let it be with food, lairspace, dragon lending, battle help or other things!
Quote:
Earth is mainly about family. A sense of community and enjoying each others company. We like to help each other out, and chat often. We try to cheer people up if they are having a bad day, and celebrate when someone had a personal victory. We can be very kind, and sometimes a bit hyper or silly.

Earthflight is also home to many gifting dragons, wandering FR looking for people to surprise and brighten their day!

Dominance:
While we are the smallest flight(at the moment) we have the largest advantage for getting dominance. Though we don't push often, when we do it tends to be a mighty force! Though, we have not always won in a Dom push, having been defeated before. But it's not a major factor for most Earthflight members. We are willing to rally when we want, but also like helping friends in other flights when they are making a push as well.
takora wrote:
When Earth is pushing for dom, we are doing that rock hard, FULL THROTTLE; NEVER STOP. Like an avalanche. The whole flight just pushes together everything they have through the door.

EarthShaker:
He's number 1... literally. XD He's the first God you can find in all of FR. So he's that awesome! Though he spends most of his time in slumber, he's a guiding force for most of us. Representing the ideals of brotherhood and remembrance for what had been, and what might be. His love for lore is as thick as his mighty beard, and his sorrow for losing his siblings is felt by all Earthies. Which makes us tend to want to help others regardless of where they might have started or are now. He's also an amazing God when he speaks!
Earthshaker wrote:
Children of the Stone, I commend you. This day the Earth Flight has triumphed, the memory of which shall be etched forever in the tunnels of Dragonhome.

The Earth Flight ever endures. Our will to survive will not be eroded.
Earthshaker wrote:
The Earthshaker woke from his vigil beneath The Pillar and blinked his eyes slowly. "Something has changed."

He rose gradually, shaking off a multitude of rocks and small trees. "I think that- yes. We've done it! The Earth Flight has risen supreme! This is truly a joyous day. Soon the other flights shall come together and we shall be as one! Congratulations to those valiant craftsdragons, warriors, and diplomats that have made this possible!"

An earth sprite scuttled up his flank and made its way to his ear to whisper respectfully, "My Lord, I regret to inform you that this information is several weeks old. It is the Windsinger's brood that currently holds sway. And Arcane before that, and plague before-"

"Oh." The behemoth let out a long, guttering sigh.

"That is sad..."

The Earthshaker went back to sleep.

I mean come on...
Quote:
There was no stopping them now. One by one, the Earthshaker watched his kin recede from the landscape, abandoning the post that had solidified their alliance for so many millennia. The Tidelord rumbled darkly about impending strife and the splintering of friendships before slipping into a murky lake. The Flamecaller left without a word at all, though the earth rumbled and issued hot jets of smoke in her wake. By nightfall, the stone guardian was completely alone, staring at the shattered column.

The evening air howled; a solemn noise that reminded him just how deserted this landscape was. Dust moved in combating vortices, blotting out the glow of the moon, and encrusting the great dragon in gravels and sands.

He did not move for several months, addled by sorrow and lethargy. From this resting place, the years passed him by, calcifying his body into a heap of boulders.
How can you not want to go and hug the big guy for that? ^^^

So overall, that is a few things about Earthflight.

If you decide to come join us, we will welcome you with open arms and cover you in tundra fluffs and piles of kindness. If not, I hope you enjoy where you are, or have a wonderful journey to somewhere else!

Safe travels!

*Waving to all, the Fluffy Clown makes sure to greet and say goodbye to anyone who passes. He is later joined by a small crew that had joined him to greet the others. Leading the small group was a Snapper. Another clown, the Obsidian girl had become one of Jouradyi's Apprentices. Joining Bloodscale, was her two lair sibs, a Ridgeback and a Spiral. The added to the Earthie pile to welcome anyone who passed through.*

To sum up Earthflight

tumblr_lx2xlpun0z1qgtvz7.gif
XD
UbEcJMn.png
Oh! And feel free to ask Questions! I would love to answer them!

*Jouradyi sits his fluffy butt down and waits for company*
Oh! And feel free to ask Questions! I would love to answer them!

*Jouradyi sits his fluffy butt down and waits for company*
UbEcJMn.png
Oh hi there! You're the tundra with the magical never-fall-off fez, right?
Anyway, i'm not looking to change flights but this is a pretty cool thread you got here. Perfect for people looking for more info. :D

Does it ever get depressing being so close to the remains of the pillar?
Oh hi there! You're the tundra with the magical never-fall-off fez, right?
Anyway, i'm not looking to change flights but this is a pretty cool thread you got here. Perfect for people looking for more info. :D

Does it ever get depressing being so close to the remains of the pillar?

What is dead may never die
^_^ Hi Hi @Vissivius

Nope, we try to move our lairs to the Pillar, so we can be close to EarthShaker and cheer him up. Plus it's an important piece of history, so it at least drives my lair to help others and try to bring back the peace that once was held in that Pillar.
^_^ Hi Hi @Vissivius

Nope, we try to move our lairs to the Pillar, so we can be close to EarthShaker and cheer him up. Plus it's an important piece of history, so it at least drives my lair to help others and try to bring back the peace that once was held in that Pillar.
UbEcJMn.png
We try our best to see *all* players of Flight Rising as 'lost' family members, so we try to focus more on reaching out to them. The Pillar is a place of vigil. Plus it's where Daddy Earthshaker is, and how can we be sad around him?
We try our best to see *all* players of Flight Rising as 'lost' family members, so we try to focus more on reaching out to them. The Pillar is a place of vigil. Plus it's where Daddy Earthshaker is, and how can we be sad around him?
dR1OCbi.png
Once you go Snap you never go back
I am so torn between going to Earth or Fire. Earth because the community there seems amazing (not that I'm at all ever active...) and Fire mainly just because of eye color. I just don't know. Earth has more pros for me than Fire does. *ponders more* I'll probably end up just staying in Lightning because I can't make up my mind. |D Decisions, decisions.
I am so torn between going to Earth or Fire. Earth because the community there seems amazing (not that I'm at all ever active...) and Fire mainly just because of eye color. I just don't know. Earth has more pros for me than Fire does. *ponders more* I'll probably end up just staying in Lightning because I can't make up my mind. |D Decisions, decisions.
Well, if you ever decide to change to Earth @Cheese , Come say hi at least! We do have a few lurkers in the back ground. So you won't be the only one XD
Well, if you ever decide to change to Earth @Cheese , Come say hi at least! We do have a few lurkers in the back ground. So you won't be the only one XD
UbEcJMn.png
@Demos
Tomorrow will be my final deciding hour because I have eggs in my nests at the moment. xD If I do go to Earth, I'll try to be active because talking to people makes the game more fun. :p
@Demos
Tomorrow will be my final deciding hour because I have eggs in my nests at the moment. xD If I do go to Earth, I'll try to be active because talking to people makes the game more fun. :p
@Demos; Just out of curiosity, does Earth have any coliseum related interests?
@Demos; Just out of curiosity, does Earth have any coliseum related interests?
Wrath. Is. Back.
If I ever were to permanently leave Light, I would join Earth.
I'm not, but some day I may take a 6 month vacation to Dragonhome just to give The Earthshaker a hug. Every day.

His lore just...
"The Earthshaker stood alone at the plinth, alone at his altar, a singular figure to match the Pillar he was charged to maintain. Yet not to his task did he watch, for his moist eyes saw only the diminishing shapes of his siblings, gone, on the southern horizon, never to return..."

;_;
If I ever were to permanently leave Light, I would join Earth.
I'm not, but some day I may take a 6 month vacation to Dragonhome just to give The Earthshaker a hug. Every day.

His lore just...
"The Earthshaker stood alone at the plinth, alone at his altar, a singular figure to match the Pillar he was charged to maintain. Yet not to his task did he watch, for his moist eyes saw only the diminishing shapes of his siblings, gone, on the southern horizon, never to return..."

;_;
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24