Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1 Egg nests
1 2 3 4
I've had a rash of 1 egg nests lately and I'm getting kind of bummed since I'm trying to breed for genes. I'm sitting on 2 1 egg nests right now, a friend is sitting on another, and I know of at least 2-3 of my other friends that have been getting nothing but 1 egg nests lately.

I know there's a statistical configuration for this, but I gotta tell you, I'm a little sick of waiting through these half-month cool down times to breed something and getting one egg out of it. It's a bummer. Especially if I'm borrowing a friend's dragon for the color spread and we have to do a coin toss to see who gets the sole egg. This wouldn't be an issue if it didn't happen ALL THE TIME.
I've had a rash of 1 egg nests lately and I'm getting kind of bummed since I'm trying to breed for genes. I'm sitting on 2 1 egg nests right now, a friend is sitting on another, and I know of at least 2-3 of my other friends that have been getting nothing but 1 egg nests lately.

I know there's a statistical configuration for this, but I gotta tell you, I'm a little sick of waiting through these half-month cool down times to breed something and getting one egg out of it. It's a bummer. Especially if I'm borrowing a friend's dragon for the color spread and we have to do a coin toss to see who gets the sole egg. This wouldn't be an issue if it didn't happen ALL THE TIME.
I've only had a single one egg nest so far, but it happened to be the most beautiful hatchling. A mixed experience!
I've only had a single one egg nest so far, but it happened to be the most beautiful hatchling. A mixed experience!
My last single egg hatch was horrible and I exalted them right away. I'm totally happy for you if you've had a good experience with yours, but when I think about 50% (if not more) of my nests have been single eggs? I'm a little ****** about it. I had high hopes for my double gened guardians that I've been wanting to do a bunch of interbreeding with, but if all I'm going to get are single egg nests, I'm kind of screwed. I've had a couple 3 egg nests and a few 2 egg ones, but the majority has been singles. It's a little depressing, especially when I can't sell any of the babies on the market with the way it is and I get bare bones for exalting.
My last single egg hatch was horrible and I exalted them right away. I'm totally happy for you if you've had a good experience with yours, but when I think about 50% (if not more) of my nests have been single eggs? I'm a little ****** about it. I had high hopes for my double gened guardians that I've been wanting to do a bunch of interbreeding with, but if all I'm going to get are single egg nests, I'm kind of screwed. I've had a couple 3 egg nests and a few 2 egg ones, but the majority has been singles. It's a little depressing, especially when I can't sell any of the babies on the market with the way it is and I get bare bones for exalting.
One egg nests are a bummer~ I've had more than my fair share of em. It's even worse when it's two dragons on a month long cool down :B

But, it's necessary to control population... and in a messed up way, it makes 4 and 5 egg nests even more exciting~
One egg nests are a bummer~ I've had more than my fair share of em. It's even worse when it's two dragons on a month long cool down :B

But, it's necessary to control population... and in a messed up way, it makes 4 and 5 egg nests even more exciting~
Looking to buy Plague themed items, skins, accents and dragons!

plague_banner.png
Ah, but that would imply I GET four-five egg nests. I guess I'm just feeling like I'm getting a little screwed over, especially when I'm trying to get nests that have enough of a payout for me to cover what's being loaned to me.

Fortunately I don't have dragons with that long of a cool down, but even half a month is still a pain in the tuccus.
Ah, but that would imply I GET four-five egg nests. I guess I'm just feeling like I'm getting a little screwed over, especially when I'm trying to get nests that have enough of a payout for me to cover what's being loaned to me.

Fortunately I don't have dragons with that long of a cool down, but even half a month is still a pain in the tuccus.
My obsidian/obsidian gembond skydancers only produced one egg...and they were expensive! I got a nice trade from the resulting baby though.

One egg clutches are disappointing, especially when they come from dragons you invested a lot of money in, but at least you can breed them as many times as you want. Moment of silence for anyone who has gotten a one egg clutch from two wildclaws, though...
My obsidian/obsidian gembond skydancers only produced one egg...and they were expensive! I got a nice trade from the resulting baby though.

One egg clutches are disappointing, especially when they come from dragons you invested a lot of money in, but at least you can breed them as many times as you want. Moment of silence for anyone who has gotten a one egg clutch from two wildclaws, though...
There has very rarely been a time where I was like "I really just need ANYTHING more than 1 egg".

Both my Imp x WC pair that just bred got only 1 egg. I planned to use the baby as a Festival prize, so I had hoped for 2 (1 as a prize and 1 for me to keep), as it was the first time this pair had bred. Buttt I didn't *need* two babies.

When I needed two babies was with my Sky Dancer. Scrolls were/are selling so fast that I couldn't get one myself, so I accepted someone offer to snipe one for me. Now I just needed a mate. I put up an add for a mate in the Dragon Wanted thread, with the explanation that I only needed a single egg and the female's player/owner could keep any extras. The 1 baby was to be used, again, as a Festival prize.

Found a player to agree, they sent their lady over.
1 egg.

I have never wanted to strangle a pixel dragon so badly. I'm comping the female's player with his pick of an Imperial from some future clutches in return for the hatchling, but I still feel terrible that there was only 1 egg.

If I ever find that Dragon Shaming thread again, my boy Requiem is going up in an instant. Every time I see that smug little Dancer grin on him I want to smack the cookies out of him.
There has very rarely been a time where I was like "I really just need ANYTHING more than 1 egg".

Both my Imp x WC pair that just bred got only 1 egg. I planned to use the baby as a Festival prize, so I had hoped for 2 (1 as a prize and 1 for me to keep), as it was the first time this pair had bred. Buttt I didn't *need* two babies.

When I needed two babies was with my Sky Dancer. Scrolls were/are selling so fast that I couldn't get one myself, so I accepted someone offer to snipe one for me. Now I just needed a mate. I put up an add for a mate in the Dragon Wanted thread, with the explanation that I only needed a single egg and the female's player/owner could keep any extras. The 1 baby was to be used, again, as a Festival prize.

Found a player to agree, they sent their lady over.
1 egg.

I have never wanted to strangle a pixel dragon so badly. I'm comping the female's player with his pick of an Imperial from some future clutches in return for the hatchling, but I still feel terrible that there was only 1 egg.

If I ever find that Dragon Shaming thread again, my boy Requiem is going up in an instant. Every time I see that smug little Dancer grin on him I want to smack the cookies out of him.
@Aria

Smack the cookies out of him... *laughs*

I remember that dragon shaming thread. It was awhile back. I tried searching the first 25 pages. Nothing. :C Oh well. I tried.
@Aria

Smack the cookies out of him... *laughs*

I remember that dragon shaming thread. It was awhile back. I tried searching the first 25 pages. Nothing. :C Oh well. I tried.
Please ping me if you want me to read something.
Light's Baldwin Trading Thread
ColiforLife_zpscbfcm2si.jpg
@Aria

Man, do I feel you. I too could only afford one scroll initially, and then I had a ***** of a time trying to pick which one to change. Who would look best? Who would give the prettiest looking babies? In the end I went one of the dragons I'd found in the Coliseum. I figured, hey. That was pretty good luck wasn't it? Plus, she was one of the only RTB *right then.* I spent a ton more money scrolling her, both treasure and gems, and then found a decent stud and...

one egg.

ONE EGG.

And now we can't seem to sell the baby to save our skins, even though he's very charming. /sigh
@Aria

Man, do I feel you. I too could only afford one scroll initially, and then I had a ***** of a time trying to pick which one to change. Who would look best? Who would give the prettiest looking babies? In the end I went one of the dragons I'd found in the Coliseum. I figured, hey. That was pretty good luck wasn't it? Plus, she was one of the only RTB *right then.* I spent a ton more money scrolling her, both treasure and gems, and then found a decent stud and...

one egg.

ONE EGG.

And now we can't seem to sell the baby to save our skins, even though he's very charming. /sigh
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
@ChibiEnvyChan -- yeahhh that thread disappeared somewhere in the many pages of the Discussion forum. But I really do want to smack his ever-smug face into that thread.

@Ilium -- yep. Sounds about right. And the economy's about as dry as a fishbone in a dessert right now. I've mostly stopped breeding my dragons at this point, except for the Imperials.
@ChibiEnvyChan -- yeahhh that thread disappeared somewhere in the many pages of the Discussion forum. But I really do want to smack his ever-smug face into that thread.

@Ilium -- yep. Sounds about right. And the economy's about as dry as a fishbone in a dessert right now. I've mostly stopped breeding my dragons at this point, except for the Imperials.
1 2 3 4