Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A question that really needs to be asked
1 2 3 4 5
I feel what's saddening about people blocking ads and not buying gems but continuing to play is that they will add to the server load without actually generating revenue.

High server load + reduced income = less for the game in the long run.

Do what you feel you must, just don't be surprised if features are slow to come out, hardware slow to upgrade, etc.

edit: words
I feel what's saddening about people blocking ads and not buying gems but continuing to play is that they will add to the server load without actually generating revenue.

High server load + reduced income = less for the game in the long run.

Do what you feel you must, just don't be surprised if features are slow to come out, hardware slow to upgrade, etc.

edit: words
coffee. need coffee.
[quote name="Suica" date="2013-07-19 16:52:32" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=2&id=610552#612185"] @Skeleton I'm just saying it's hyprocritical to stop supporting something you like and enjoy, when pretty much everything else you do in life, necessary or not, also supports people with the same views. Yes, my examples were necessary things. What about not so necessary things? Do you ever go to the movies? You're supporting actors, producers, cinema owners, and all the people behind a movie who might or might not have views you do not agree with. What about cosmetics, do you ever buy those? I bet that too supports someone with these views. Basically by being part of the economy, by working to earn money and buying things at all you are to some extent supporting these views.[/quote] @Suica So you're basically saying I should just give up, accept that life is utterly hopeless and miserable, and all my opinions are moot as my money will inevitably end up in the hands of someone I disagree with, and any effort i make, no matter how small, is pointless. Ah yes, I see.

@Skeleton
I'm just saying it's hyprocritical to stop supporting something you like and enjoy, when pretty much everything else you do in life, necessary or not, also supports people with the same views.

Yes, my examples were necessary things. What about not so necessary things? Do you ever go to the movies? You're supporting actors, producers, cinema owners, and all the people behind a movie who might or might not have views you do not agree with. What about cosmetics, do you ever buy those? I bet that too supports someone with these views.

Basically by being part of the economy, by working to earn money and buying things at all you are to some extent supporting these views.

@Suica

So you're basically saying I should just give up, accept that life is utterly hopeless and miserable, and all my opinions are moot as my money will inevitably end up in the hands of someone I disagree with, and any effort i make, no matter how small, is pointless.

Ah yes, I see.
sQcTGLI.gif
@Skeleton

Nope, not saying you should do that (although, what you're saying about the state of life and the world is pretty much true.)

I'm just saying, don't let this stop you from supporting and further enjoying this site. Everyone needs distractions from this hopeless, corrupt, intolerant, effed up world and FR is a pretty good distraction. I would be sad to see it crumble to pieces because people played it but didn't support it.
@Skeleton

Nope, not saying you should do that (although, what you're saying about the state of life and the world is pretty much true.)

I'm just saying, don't let this stop you from supporting and further enjoying this site. Everyone needs distractions from this hopeless, corrupt, intolerant, effed up world and FR is a pretty good distraction. I would be sad to see it crumble to pieces because people played it but didn't support it.
@Suica

I have financial priorities in life, so a pet site is not very high up on the list. I thank anyone who supports it, but please please please respect the fact that my choice (and other's choices) to not support it is also valid.

You would probably understand if Thrage's comments affected you in any form, but I'm assuming they did not.
@Suica

I have financial priorities in life, so a pet site is not very high up on the list. I thank anyone who supports it, but please please please respect the fact that my choice (and other's choices) to not support it is also valid.

You would probably understand if Thrage's comments affected you in any form, but I'm assuming they did not.
sQcTGLI.gif
@Suica I think the point is that if one disagrees with the money going towards people with certain views/practices, then given that knowledge one has the option of not supporting it with your own money. There are whole businesses built upon this logic here in the UK (fairtrade, organic, free range etc), not sure about elsewhere in the world, so its seems perfectly reasonable to me.

For example, I like eating and cooking/baking with eggs. BUT I do not agree with battery hen practices (as a zoologist who's job used to be in maintaining animal welfare standards in farms). So I choose not to buy those eggs, and choose to spend more on getting free range/organic eggs when I can't get eggs from friends who raise their own chickens in their gardens.

I am unable to completely avoid supporting battery hen practices because alot of the eggs from them are used in ready made products like cakes/baked goods in supermarkets. BUT given a choice, I will not support them by buying their products =)

see the difference? =)
@Suica I think the point is that if one disagrees with the money going towards people with certain views/practices, then given that knowledge one has the option of not supporting it with your own money. There are whole businesses built upon this logic here in the UK (fairtrade, organic, free range etc), not sure about elsewhere in the world, so its seems perfectly reasonable to me.

For example, I like eating and cooking/baking with eggs. BUT I do not agree with battery hen practices (as a zoologist who's job used to be in maintaining animal welfare standards in farms). So I choose not to buy those eggs, and choose to spend more on getting free range/organic eggs when I can't get eggs from friends who raise their own chickens in their gardens.

I am unable to completely avoid supporting battery hen practices because alot of the eggs from them are used in ready made products like cakes/baked goods in supermarkets. BUT given a choice, I will not support them by buying their products =)

see the difference? =)
RoFhatchlingbanner1_zps7e29e49b.jpg
I'm still not giving a cent to this site, ads or otherwise, until I know none of it is going to him.

ESPECIALLY since his response to everything last night, was not to take back his hate speech or see ANYTHING wrong with his behaviour, but instead try to JUSTIFY his hate speech and basically show all of us, yes, he still stands by every disgusting word he said, and doesn't feel bad about any of it, because he doesn't see any of it as wrong.

Yeah no I'm not giving a penny to a company that will continue to financially support him, sorry.

In before uneducated ignorant children cry about this being about '~*~opinions~*~' and how we shouldn't stand up for ourselves or speak out against hate speech targeted towards us.

So sick of this crap.
I'm still not giving a cent to this site, ads or otherwise, until I know none of it is going to him.

ESPECIALLY since his response to everything last night, was not to take back his hate speech or see ANYTHING wrong with his behaviour, but instead try to JUSTIFY his hate speech and basically show all of us, yes, he still stands by every disgusting word he said, and doesn't feel bad about any of it, because he doesn't see any of it as wrong.

Yeah no I'm not giving a penny to a company that will continue to financially support him, sorry.

In before uneducated ignorant children cry about this being about '~*~opinions~*~' and how we shouldn't stand up for ourselves or speak out against hate speech targeted towards us.

So sick of this crap.
We respect your decision to not financially support the site. I won't say that were happy about it but I do understand. Thank you playing our game. I will be liking this thread as the question has been answered.
We respect your decision to not financially support the site. I won't say that were happy about it but I do understand. Thank you playing our game. I will be liking this thread as the question has been answered.
@Undel thank you for the response and thank you for the work you've all been doing for this.

While I myself can't continue to support this financially if my money will go to thrage, I will continue to use this site as I do love the community here. Thank you again for all your work and voice on this matter, and for not treating us like our concerns are unjust, as so many users seem so quick to do.

Thank you for treating this with the severity and seriousness that it deserves, it really means a lot to us.
@Undel thank you for the response and thank you for the work you've all been doing for this.

While I myself can't continue to support this financially if my money will go to thrage, I will continue to use this site as I do love the community here. Thank you again for all your work and voice on this matter, and for not treating us like our concerns are unjust, as so many users seem so quick to do.

Thank you for treating this with the severity and seriousness that it deserves, it really means a lot to us.
Thank you @Undel , your professionalism is greatly appreciated.
Thank you @Undel , your professionalism is greatly appreciated.
sQcTGLI.gif
Whoops. Response went through 4 times. Mobile-modding at its finest.

I'm locking the thread for real now. I hope everyone has a pleasant evening.
Whoops. Response went through 4 times. Mobile-modding at its finest.

I'm locking the thread for real now. I hope everyone has a pleasant evening.
1 2 3 4 5