Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | And you are dead [Aura Lore Update]
It's great. I didn't find the original version to be problematic, but this version is so much better. Instead of just speaking in halting/broken draconic, the auraboas clearly have a fundamentally alien perspective, which is cool.
It's great. I didn't find the original version to be problematic, but this version is so much better. Instead of just speaking in halting/broken draconic, the auraboas clearly have a fundamentally alien perspective, which is cool.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
It’s overall better quality (even giving the old version the benefit of the doubt by not counting any unfortunate implications, although the original wasn’t necessarily all that bad quality wise.)

I will admit it’s very long for a breed story though, and it leans more into the “mystic/enlighted native” trope way more than before.
It’s overall better quality (even giving the old version the benefit of the doubt by not counting any unfortunate implications, although the original wasn’t necessarily all that bad quality wise.)

I will admit it’s very long for a breed story though, and it leans more into the “mystic/enlighted native” trope way more than before.
RSUsSvx.png
There's nothing particularly enlightened about them though.
The entire point is the world of difference in communication with its own strengths - normal dragons process linearity, cause and effect, and can stop to analyze the little events that lead to bigger things; while elder Auras missed something as simple as other breeds sleeping because they process so much at once, even if it allows them a more united community.
There's nothing particularly enlightened about them though.
The entire point is the world of difference in communication with its own strengths - normal dragons process linearity, cause and effect, and can stop to analyze the little events that lead to bigger things; while elder Auras missed something as simple as other breeds sleeping because they process so much at once, even if it allows them a more united community.
QYzhmAi.png
I've read the previous lore and skimmed over this one (reading in bus is hard). it's good! clover is such an icon for picking their name tbh
I've read the previous lore and skimmed over this one (reading in bus is hard). it's good! clover is such an icon for picking their name tbh
[bold] bbcode is my passion. a really small and badly drawn frog, cheering at the viewer.

june | she/they | fr+10 || pings ok! || say hi to otto and synopsis || bQKtPA9.png

I can't really find the words to express the glee I have over the revised story. It being longer and having new eyes on it really helps it shine by giving more room for elaboration- I don't know if the Dusthide story will be nearly as long, but I've got nice hopes for it now!

Clover's definitely a standout here. I keep going back to the part where they insist names should be chosen by a dragon themselves. They're so real for that lol
I can't really find the words to express the glee I have over the revised story. It being longer and having new eyes on it really helps it shine by giving more room for elaboration- I don't know if the Dusthide story will be nearly as long, but I've got nice hopes for it now!

Clover's definitely a standout here. I keep going back to the part where they insist names should be chosen by a dragon themselves. They're so real for that lol
Exusiai from Arknights, lying face-first on the ground. Her halo is a distance away from her. Bolt/Azzy/Nia
she/they | fr + 2 | avatar | custom shop
I wish I could Lorem Ipsum my way through life like people Lorem Ipsum through their dragon bios. (picture source)
[quote name="JadeJester22" date="2024-10-02 09:35:48" ] It’s overall better quality (even giving the old version the benefit of the doubt by not counting any unfortunate implications, although the original wasn’t necessarily all that bad quality wise.) I will admit it’s very long for a breed story though, and it leans more into the “mystic/enlighted native” trope way more than before.[/quote] The reason it's far longer than the other stories is directly tied to the feedback FR's team received about the content they originally cut for word length purposes. Folks didn't like that. As for the "mystic native" trope: there was always going to be a risk of that when the concept for non-linear time dragons got paired with the Nature flight. I can see some concerns there still, but not so much that it tarnishes the story.
JadeJester22 wrote on 2024-10-02 09:35:48:

The reason it's far longer than the other stories is directly tied to the feedback FR's team received about the content they originally cut for word length purposes. Folks didn't like that.

As for the "mystic native" trope: there was always going to be a risk of that when the concept for non-linear time dragons got paired with the Nature flight. I can see some concerns there still, but not so much that it tarnishes the story.
Dom-Shop-Link.png?rlkey=ts1tscej29cs0kt4g6wt9c37d&dl=0.png 1428_150px_istoki_by_miirshroom-dbzlzj5.png Lore-Thread-Link.png?rlkey=clnaiehtq32jzyvwmgq07ek0n&dl=0.png
Eh. I'm not satisfied. That's all I'm going to say. I will continue ignoring all lore.
Eh. I'm not satisfied. That's all I'm going to say. I will continue ignoring all lore.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
loreaboa!!!!! i'm super happy about this and while i can't speak to how well it addressed/remedied the issues with the first version, i can definitely tell how much work went into this updated version. i'm very happy about the length: more dragon words for me to put into my brain! yay! also i'm a nature girl and like it when we get focus, ehehe. i like the idea that most of the ancients being discovered was like godzilla being reawakened or king arthur showing up or something and then the nature dragons were just like ? oh yeah those guys? yeah theyve been here the whole time. we just minded our business and let them do their thing, idk.
also canon nonbinary dragon rep <33
now i kinda want auraboa dragons in my lair so i can play with their lore... i think it would be fun....
loreaboa!!!!! i'm super happy about this and while i can't speak to how well it addressed/remedied the issues with the first version, i can definitely tell how much work went into this updated version. i'm very happy about the length: more dragon words for me to put into my brain! yay! also i'm a nature girl and like it when we get focus, ehehe. i like the idea that most of the ancients being discovered was like godzilla being reawakened or king arthur showing up or something and then the nature dragons were just like ? oh yeah those guys? yeah theyve been here the whole time. we just minded our business and let them do their thing, idk.
also canon nonbinary dragon rep <33
now i kinda want auraboa dragons in my lair so i can play with their lore... i think it would be fun....
A brown Xenopus frog looking up with cute green eyes, accented with 'Lil Bud' in green text and a tiny green heart. Agender (Agender flag)
Any Pronoun (Agender flag)
Pan (Pan flag)
Polyamorous (Polyamorous flag)
Queerplatonic (Queerplatonic flag)
ADHD (ADHD flag)
System (Ampersand symbol)
Blaseball (baseball image)
Seedling (nature icon)
I did not read the original version, but I read the new one and I enjoyed it! Definitely one of the top Ancient lores, now!
I did not read the original version, but I read the new one and I enjoyed it! Definitely one of the top Ancient lores, now!
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
It's definitely an improvement. I continue to maintain that I do not think the PR person should ever also be a primary author (or artist, or coder, or anything else but PR), but that's purely an optics standpoint, not a judgement on Aequorin's writing specifically. I do hope we see more of Romion going forwards.
It's definitely an improvement. I continue to maintain that I do not think the PR person should ever also be a primary author (or artist, or coder, or anything else but PR), but that's purely an optics standpoint, not a judgement on Aequorin's writing specifically. I do hope we see more of Romion going forwards.
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png