Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Does your lair have a theme?
1 2 3 4 5
I generally name my dragons after something that has to do with their element.
Most earth dragons will be named after minerals.
I generally name my dragons after something that has to do with their element.
Most earth dragons will be named after minerals.
~
I got an odd lair theme.... all of my draongs match my favorite pets in World of Warcraft :P

so my lair is very diverse but there is a greater meaning to the madness ;)
I got an odd lair theme.... all of my draongs match my favorite pets in World of Warcraft :P

so my lair is very diverse but there is a greater meaning to the madness ;)
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
No real theme yet. Most of my dragons are named after characters of mine however, with the exception of Rogue who was just a throw back to an old username I used to use.
No real theme yet. Most of my dragons are named after characters of mine however, with the exception of Rogue who was just a throw back to an old username I used to use.
I'm not going for a visual theme of any sort—just colors I think look pretty on that dragon at that time, aherp. Being any sort of "breeder" isn't really a goal of mine so generally speaking it doesn't bother me that most of their offspring possibilities either span a solid half the color wheel or fall distressingly into the "oops no one likes pink/these shades of green and blue" spectrum (though I do have a few options for more controlled/pretty breeding should I need it). :) I do want to have an unrelated male and female of each species as permadragons, though; we'll see what else I accumulate from there, but that's all I really want for now.

Namewise? Dinosaurs. All dinosaurs. Everything is dinosaurs. Granted most of them are fairly obscure dinosaurs, but you get more interesting names when you veer away from Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops and all the other ones everybody knows! Even I'd never heard of Talenkauen before I dug further into the list on Wikipedia but damn if it don't make a fine name!
I'm not going for a visual theme of any sort—just colors I think look pretty on that dragon at that time, aherp. Being any sort of "breeder" isn't really a goal of mine so generally speaking it doesn't bother me that most of their offspring possibilities either span a solid half the color wheel or fall distressingly into the "oops no one likes pink/these shades of green and blue" spectrum (though I do have a few options for more controlled/pretty breeding should I need it). :) I do want to have an unrelated male and female of each species as permadragons, though; we'll see what else I accumulate from there, but that's all I really want for now.

Namewise? Dinosaurs. All dinosaurs. Everything is dinosaurs. Granted most of them are fairly obscure dinosaurs, but you get more interesting names when you veer away from Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops and all the other ones everybody knows! Even I'd never heard of Talenkauen before I dug further into the list on Wikipedia but damn if it don't make a fine name!
Most of mine are from things I like or used to like, none of them are obscure but there is no correlation between them as a whole.
Most of mine are from things I like or used to like, none of them are obscure but there is no correlation between them as a whole.
Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
for the most part mine is just names I like, however I have started naming mine after transformers. I may continue with this...
for the most part mine is just names I like, however I have started naming mine after transformers. I may continue with this...
I'm trying to breed blue/red (though it's kind of hard to see just now), and almost all of my names are Inuit.
I'm trying to breed blue/red (though it's kind of hard to see just now), and almost all of my names are Inuit.
My naming theme isn't very glamorous. I started naming the dragons after symptoms of mental illness and atypical neurobiology, and then recently expanded into diseases. I'm loyal to the Plague Flight though so... I suppose there's a certain meaning or grace behind it?

I have no visual theme. I just buy dragons with colors I fancy or color combinations that strike me as ascetically appealing. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, if I acquired an orange dragon I would have every color of the rainbow. I suppose that means I fancy all the colors... except orange?

Writing this post has revealed my theme to me:

The Rainbow of Illness
My naming theme isn't very glamorous. I started naming the dragons after symptoms of mental illness and atypical neurobiology, and then recently expanded into diseases. I'm loyal to the Plague Flight though so... I suppose there's a certain meaning or grace behind it?

I have no visual theme. I just buy dragons with colors I fancy or color combinations that strike me as ascetically appealing. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, if I acquired an orange dragon I would have every color of the rainbow. I suppose that means I fancy all the colors... except orange?

Writing this post has revealed my theme to me:

The Rainbow of Illness
IiQiWPn.pngbfEyFxs.pngkqf9y5Z.pngGZlWKfO.pngCWIUaHz.png43xqIhP.pngmdKE3mR.png0WN7RG0.pngfpCIsza.pngS8TNA1X.pngwZbURwQ.png
1 2 3 4 5