Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i don't know how to play this game
A few years ago I was obsessed with everything about FR. Breeding cute dragons, coli, art sales, collecting skins and pretty dragons, hatching g1s for special colors!

But now, I don't know what is keeping me here. Don't get me wrong, I do love the dragons I have, but I am far from accomplishing anything I really want to. Relying on RNG for maybe a dream g1 or saving up for expensive apparel that I won't decide who to put it on. It's really just saving for stuff at this point.

I always loved to do art for people on this game but I can't even seem to do that either, as much as I can get gems for the few project dragons in my lair that have been there for months, I just can't. It's either genes or hatching g1 eggs. Don't get me wrong, I do love gambling, but even then I get doubles that are uninteresting to me and I don't feel excited. I remember when I got my first primal-eyed dragon and was obsessed over scattering that bad boy and viola, I landed on an amazing xxy.

But what do I do now? I have a severe lack of any new dragons; not that I don't like them but I just don't have the same inspiration or connection to dragons that I used to have.

Rant over; feel free to discuss FR burnout with me :)
A few years ago I was obsessed with everything about FR. Breeding cute dragons, coli, art sales, collecting skins and pretty dragons, hatching g1s for special colors!

But now, I don't know what is keeping me here. Don't get me wrong, I do love the dragons I have, but I am far from accomplishing anything I really want to. Relying on RNG for maybe a dream g1 or saving up for expensive apparel that I won't decide who to put it on. It's really just saving for stuff at this point.

I always loved to do art for people on this game but I can't even seem to do that either, as much as I can get gems for the few project dragons in my lair that have been there for months, I just can't. It's either genes or hatching g1 eggs. Don't get me wrong, I do love gambling, but even then I get doubles that are uninteresting to me and I don't feel excited. I remember when I got my first primal-eyed dragon and was obsessed over scattering that bad boy and viola, I landed on an amazing xxy.

But what do I do now? I have a severe lack of any new dragons; not that I don't like them but I just don't have the same inspiration or connection to dragons that I used to have.

Rant over; feel free to discuss FR burnout with me :)
Sounds like you need a bit of a break, to me. It's not like your dragons're gonna go anywhere- you take care of you, eh?
Sounds like you need a bit of a break, to me. It's not like your dragons're gonna go anywhere- you take care of you, eh?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, if you have a response to what I said!
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

The same things happen to me. I'll just refresh the Trading Post page a few times, mindlessly scroll through the forums, go to my lair, just switch tabs without doing anything. Find some of your favourite new things: Genes, breeds, apparel, whatever you like and make it interesting again. Art is also a good way to engage yourself with both the gameplay and the community.
The same things happen to me. I'll just refresh the Trading Post page a few times, mindlessly scroll through the forums, go to my lair, just switch tabs without doing anything. Find some of your favourite new things: Genes, breeds, apparel, whatever you like and make it interesting again. Art is also a good way to engage yourself with both the gameplay and the community.
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
Nothing Fancy Hatchery Raffle!
I don't have many projects anymore either and the few I have are too expensive for me to have energy to grind the gems necessary for it and yeah, no motivation haha on the other hand I LOVE writing lore to my dragons and the clan and seeing the way it evolved compared when I begun is amazing, even if it's something me and like two other people saw as I added and evolved my clan's lore over the years lol it's very personal and satisfying to me haha so I think there's no need to HAVE a goal, as long as you have something here that makes you happy is worth keep playing :)
I don't have many projects anymore either and the few I have are too expensive for me to have energy to grind the gems necessary for it and yeah, no motivation haha on the other hand I LOVE writing lore to my dragons and the clan and seeing the way it evolved compared when I begun is amazing, even if it's something me and like two other people saw as I added and evolved my clan's lore over the years lol it's very personal and satisfying to me haha so I think there's no need to HAVE a goal, as long as you have something here that makes you happy is worth keep playing :)
SIG-02.png
I usually do a Nuzlocke or try another challenge when I get bored and if that doesn't work I quit awhile and then come back when I remember FR exists lol.

(I have never known what I'm doing here though. Aimless as can be :P)
I usually do a Nuzlocke or try another challenge when I get bored and if that doesn't work I quit awhile and then come back when I remember FR exists lol.

(I have never known what I'm doing here though. Aimless as can be :P)
i've taken several hiatuses during my time on this website, so much so to the point where this account is 7 years old and i still havent experienced all the events yet :'] but i think the main thing that's kept me coming back this time around is that im trying to complete a breeding project for a fandragon of a character that i love, and subsequently the other characters from which the piece of media they all came from

another thing i love doing recently is collecting umas and putting them on 1st gen dragons. flight rising users are so talented and i adore the different art styles and ways people will find to put a spin on painting on top of dragons

but i do often find myself in that loop of just clicking random pages to pass the time aha
i've taken several hiatuses during my time on this website, so much so to the point where this account is 7 years old and i still havent experienced all the events yet :'] but i think the main thing that's kept me coming back this time around is that im trying to complete a breeding project for a fandragon of a character that i love, and subsequently the other characters from which the piece of media they all came from

another thing i love doing recently is collecting umas and putting them on 1st gen dragons. flight rising users are so talented and i adore the different art styles and ways people will find to put a spin on painting on top of dragons

but i do often find myself in that loop of just clicking random pages to pass the time aha
o1jrXWY.png
I'll echo the previous posters and suggest a break. I've been here for 7-ish years and although it's been very enjoyable, I've noticed myself getting periodically 'oversaturated' or not in the right mindset to enjoy the site's format. When that happens, I either consciously or unconsciously shift my attention onto other hobbies or obligations in my spare time.

I think it's totally normal to have an on-and-off playstyle. Our dragons having 'digital immortality' totally supports it, haha.
I'll echo the previous posters and suggest a break. I've been here for 7-ish years and although it's been very enjoyable, I've noticed myself getting periodically 'oversaturated' or not in the right mindset to enjoy the site's format. When that happens, I either consciously or unconsciously shift my attention onto other hobbies or obligations in my spare time.

I think it's totally normal to have an on-and-off playstyle. Our dragons having 'digital immortality' totally supports it, haha.
PBPmTME.gifON4Butw.pngWoC6Dod.gif