Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | We’ve gotten to our resting point
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
… but I’m not really understanding how long the rest period is..? Is it all of today?
… but I’m not really understanding how long the rest period is..? Is it all of today?
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png
It sounds like the resting phase will last all of today and the next stage will start tomorrow morning.
It sounds like the resting phase will last all of today and the next stage will start tomorrow morning.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
Quote:
Event Pacing
Each active phase will run until the sitewide goals for item turn-ins have been completed, at which point the divers will enter a rest phase. If this milestone is reached before 14:00 server time, then the following active phase will kick off the following morning. If the milestone is not reached until after 14:00 server time, then the rest phase will last through the remainder of that day and the full following day. This is to permit everyone as much time as possible to participate and earn each milestone's rewards before moving forward.

I'm not really sure when we completed the objective.... but it must've been well after 14:00 server time yeah? It was still going after I'd gone to bed at 12am (est).... so I'm going to interpret it as yeah probably all day today at least. (Since it's the weekend it let's staff have their time off)
Quote:
Event Pacing
Each active phase will run until the sitewide goals for item turn-ins have been completed, at which point the divers will enter a rest phase. If this milestone is reached before 14:00 server time, then the following active phase will kick off the following morning. If the milestone is not reached until after 14:00 server time, then the rest phase will last through the remainder of that day and the full following day. This is to permit everyone as much time as possible to participate and earn each milestone's rewards before moving forward.

I'm not really sure when we completed the objective.... but it must've been well after 14:00 server time yeah? It was still going after I'd gone to bed at 12am (est).... so I'm going to interpret it as yeah probably all day today at least. (Since it's the weekend it let's staff have their time off)

Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
actuallyadinosaur a tiny doodle of a small goose like dinosaur with yellow beak white feathers and red eyes
From how I understand it, since it was completed at around 7:00 server time, it's gonna start up again tommorow morning.

Now does morning mean after next rollover or at around 8:00~ ish? I don't know, I'm assuming the latter
From how I understand it, since it was completed at around 7:00 server time, it's gonna start up again tommorow morning.

Now does morning mean after next rollover or at around 8:00~ ish? I don't know, I'm assuming the latter
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-06-09 07:10:50" ]I'm not really sure when we completed the objective.... but it must've been well after 14:00 server time yeah? It was still going after I'd gone to bed at 12am (est).... so I'm going to interpret it as yeah probably all day today at least. (Since it's the weekend it let's staff have their time off) [/quote] yeah it was not completed even a few hours ago (i checked at like 4:00 server time) the uncertainty is *which day they meant.* 14:00 server on june 8th, we definitely didn't hit. 14:00 server on june 9th we have literal hours to spare. i don't THINK they would make it 14:00 server on the literal day the event launched but we did get far enough prior to 14:00 on the 8th that i could sort of see, potentially, a TPC-style* overestimation of how many people would hardcore grind versus turn in what they got from dailies. (*TPC, during a particular pokemon generation, tied some rewards to completing a set number of raids in a set amount of time. they overestimated people's ability & willingness to grind that particular raid--mewtwo--and the event failed worldwide. not saying the Odyssey has a fail condition in the same way, just that there is [i]POSSIBLY[/i] some room for that level of setting the bar based on how absolutely bonkers the community sometimes goes for things.)
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2024-06-09 07:10:50:

yeah it was not completed even a few hours ago (i checked at like 4:00 server time)

the uncertainty is *which day they meant.* 14:00 server on june 8th, we definitely didn't hit. 14:00 server on june 9th we have literal hours to spare. i don't THINK they would make it 14:00 server on the literal day the event launched but we did get far enough prior to 14:00 on the 8th that i could sort of see, potentially, a TPC-style* overestimation of how many people would hardcore grind versus turn in what they got from dailies.

(*TPC, during a particular pokemon generation, tied some rewards to completing a set number of raids in a set amount of time. they overestimated people's ability & willingness to grind that particular raid--mewtwo--and the event failed worldwide. not saying the Odyssey has a fail condition in the same way, just that there is POSSIBLY some room for that level of setting the bar based on how absolutely bonkers the community sometimes goes for things.)
I can help clarify!

The 14:00 server time barrier was only relevant yesterday, when the first dive started. Because the item turn-ins were not completed by that time yesterday, the effort will remain in a resting state until 6:00 server time tomorrow, when Dive 2 will commence.

Extrapolated out, these conditional milestone related rules will also apply to Dive 2, and Dive 3, relative to when they begin, which will always be at 6:00 server.
I can help clarify!

The 14:00 server time barrier was only relevant yesterday, when the first dive started. Because the item turn-ins were not completed by that time yesterday, the effort will remain in a resting state until 6:00 server time tomorrow, when Dive 2 will commence.

Extrapolated out, these conditional milestone related rules will also apply to Dive 2, and Dive 3, relative to when they begin, which will always be at 6:00 server.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Lots of time to gather new resources, in that case.
XW2PxEW.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2024-06-09 07:54:27" ] I can help clarify! The 14:00 server time barrier was only relevant yesterday, when the first dive started. Because the item turn-ins were not completed by that time yesterday, the effort will remain in a resting state until 6:00 server time tomorrow, when Dive 2 will commence. Extrapolated out, these conditional milestone related rules will also apply to Dive 2, and Dive 3, relative to when they begin, which will always be at 6:00 server. [/quote] [emoji=spiral happy size=1] thank you for the clarification xhaztol!
Xhaztol wrote on 2024-06-09 07:54:27:
I can help clarify!

thank you for the clarification xhaztol!
Glad to see we got official clarification! I asked a similar question in the announcement thread but didn't get the answer. But now we know! :D
Glad to see we got official clarification! I asked a similar question in the announcement thread but didn't get the answer. But now we know! :D
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
[quote name="BrightIce" date="2024-06-09 07:56:17" ] Lots of time to gather new resources, in that case. [/quote] Always happy to flood Merrigan's crew with items, ahah!
BrightIce wrote on 2024-06-09 07:56:17:

Always happy to flood Merrigan's crew with items, ahah!
A blue lantern with yellow glass swings left to right as rainbow dust swirls around it. Clicking this will bring you to the creator's profile. ___ « Ash (21)
« Clan Lore
« F2U Pixels
« Art Shop
« FAQ/Wishlist
_____
pmCmV6u.pngWjoRtbD.pngDWI9puz.pnge2wlrBb.pnggtSdXdC.pngQoMzhWb.png5rXrC4x.pngnxZGTXG.png8UYUyIT.png
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page