Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What features have gone under your radar
i thought the familiar thing was just an indicator to say that the thing on the right was, in fact, a familiar. i clicked something to the right of that on accident and was shook by the realization that i could actually name it.

so now one of them is named steve (all lowercase) and bob (all lowercase) and the others on my permanent dragons are getting names as well.

what other things have you just never seen before for the longest time up until recently, despite being around for a while?

(edit: further clarification)
i thought the familiar thing was just an indicator to say that the thing on the right was, in fact, a familiar. i clicked something to the right of that on accident and was shook by the realization that i could actually name it.

so now one of them is named steve (all lowercase) and bob (all lowercase) and the others on my permanent dragons are getting names as well.

what other things have you just never seen before for the longest time up until recently, despite being around for a while?

(edit: further clarification)
"We may have taken a piece of the Hoverview Vale since I cannot seem to put it back in its original position. I'm sorry if this causes any distress."

- Sylphaeri
6216044p.png
In the game database, in the skin tab, I didn't know you could filter by site skin or player skin with the "Type" dropdown. My brain automatically thought Type would refer to "Accent" or "Skin", and I never personally feel compelled to differentiate between those two things when buying skins or dressing my dragons.

Accent vs Skin is in the "Category" dropdown, which I also never used because.. I'm not sure? I feel like at some point, I must've clicked on it, saw the choices were Accent or Skin, went "oh that's irrelevant to me", and then mentally conflated Category and Type as being the same exact thing, never really processing they were two separate dropdowns. Just like, mental autopilot, if that makes sense? The most relevant search filters for skins otherwise is breed and gender, so that's where I always head straight to when I want to look for something.

So this whole time, I thought there was no way to filter out UMAs in order to just see fest/coli/etc skins, and I felt so frustrated having to sift through all the UMAs. Until one day my sister was like, oh yeah you can filter those out in the game database search. And even when I looked at it later, the gears in my brain just jammed up for a moment as I stared at the screen and thought "where??" before finally just opening all the dropdowns and feeling like an idiot for glossing over something right in front of my face.
In the game database, in the skin tab, I didn't know you could filter by site skin or player skin with the "Type" dropdown. My brain automatically thought Type would refer to "Accent" or "Skin", and I never personally feel compelled to differentiate between those two things when buying skins or dressing my dragons.

Accent vs Skin is in the "Category" dropdown, which I also never used because.. I'm not sure? I feel like at some point, I must've clicked on it, saw the choices were Accent or Skin, went "oh that's irrelevant to me", and then mentally conflated Category and Type as being the same exact thing, never really processing they were two separate dropdowns. Just like, mental autopilot, if that makes sense? The most relevant search filters for skins otherwise is breed and gender, so that's where I always head straight to when I want to look for something.

So this whole time, I thought there was no way to filter out UMAs in order to just see fest/coli/etc skins, and I felt so frustrated having to sift through all the UMAs. Until one day my sister was like, oh yeah you can filter those out in the game database search. And even when I looked at it later, the gears in my brain just jammed up for a moment as I stared at the screen and thought "where??" before finally just opening all the dropdowns and feeling like an idiot for glossing over something right in front of my face.
ePOliyb.pnglAvpyOQ.png5hF3FGk.png
oh man i need to start using that feature more.. the great part is you can rename them as many times as you like!!
oh man i need to start using that feature more.. the great part is you can rename them as many times as you like!!
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
In all fairness, naming familiars has only been a thing within the past few years.

I remember finding out fairly recently that you can consolidate items into the lowest possible stack. Again, I feel like that's probably been a thing since the hoard revamp a few years ago, but I didn't really know about it until I tried it out.
In all fairness, naming familiars has only been a thing within the past few years.

I remember finding out fairly recently that you can consolidate items into the lowest possible stack. Again, I feel like that's probably been a thing since the hoard revamp a few years ago, but I didn't really know about it until I tried it out.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
i always forget the which waystone exists... i think the only time i ever had it enabled was when they did that april fool's prank based around it lol.
i always forget the which waystone exists... i think the only time i ever had it enabled was when they did that april fool's prank based around it lol.
~ Ux2iSVM.png ezgoIF2.png ~ywrA5FE.png mQ0CvT6.png ZlHPBW0.png
~~» code shop
~~» mass hatch
~~» gen1 sales
~~» accent sales
For awhile I was oblivious to the fact you could just click the "scene" text and it'd take you to the scene selection page... which I really should have known considering I use the apparel or skin text to dress up my dragons.

Another one that I didn't know for years was that clicking your treasure amount takes you to your hoard!

This one is a little embarrassing but it took me like a month or two to find the pursuit section of achievements lmao. I thought you were just bound to run out of the achievement points once you got all the achievements.
For awhile I was oblivious to the fact you could just click the "scene" text and it'd take you to the scene selection page... which I really should have known considering I use the apparel or skin text to dress up my dragons.

Another one that I didn't know for years was that clicking your treasure amount takes you to your hoard!

This one is a little embarrassing but it took me like a month or two to find the pursuit section of achievements lmao. I thought you were just bound to run out of the achievement points once you got all the achievements.
The AH letting you feed dragons that are low on food!

Never knew that was a thing until I bought a dragon the day after we got the newest den expansions and it gave me that option! It's great, now I don't have to worry about forgetting to feed a new dragon before I den them.
The AH letting you feed dragons that are low on food!

Never knew that was a thing until I bought a dragon the day after we got the newest den expansions and it gave me that option! It's great, now I don't have to worry about forgetting to feed a new dragon before I den them.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="Stellori" date="2024-05-26 03:32:01" ] the day after we got the newest den expansions [/quote] The newest den expansions have! *runs off to claim them*
Stellori wrote on 2024-05-26 03:32:01:
the day after we got the newest den expansions

The newest den expansions have! *runs off to claim them*
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="Asteraoth" date="2024-05-26 01:15:32" ] For awhile I was oblivious to the fact you could just click the "scene" text and it'd take you to the scene selection page... which I really should have known considering I use the apparel or skin text to dress up my dragons. Another one that I didn't know for years was that clicking your treasure amount takes you to your hoard! This one is a little embarrassing but it took me like a month or two to find the pursuit section of achievements lmao. I thought you were just bound to run out of the achievement points once you got all the achievements. [/quote] ...THAT'S A THING? I've just been going through customise for who knows HOW long and I could have just been pressing the apparel/skin/scene button???
Asteraoth wrote on 2024-05-26 01:15:32:

...THAT'S A THING? I've just been going through customise for who knows HOW long and I could have just been pressing the apparel/skin/scene button???
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
Hibden. I never used it and ignored it until very recently, honestly.
Hibden. I never used it and ignored it until very recently, honestly.
097fe9bb15c36a1f4509e52d9751380acc01514f.gif