Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Last Two Ancients Predictions?
1 2 3
[quote name="vihuff" date="2024-04-29 20:52:05" ] I just wanted to point out that ancients won't stop being made once every flight has one. Phrasing it like that might make people think we won't get anymore ancients. [/quote] Sorry, you're right! I'm talking about the current and first round of ancients, which probably has to be the most important in terms of putting your best foot forward for first impressions/setting a strong foundation for what's to come. c:
vihuff wrote on 2024-04-29 20:52:05:
I just wanted to point out that ancients won't stop being made once every flight has one. Phrasing it like that might make people think we won't get anymore ancients.

Sorry, you're right! I'm talking about the current and first round of ancients, which probably has to be the most important in terms of putting your best foot forward for first impressions/setting a strong foundation for what's to come. c:
1a0a47cfdf486c608637ee64935e48ae69fe8ecb.png
> DRAGON SALES
> AVATAR
> FR + 3
i hope the light ancient is super scary-looking :)
i hope the light ancient is super scary-looking :)

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
I wouldn't be surprised if the wind ancient looks a bit like a hot air balloon or a zeppelin. Wind does have balloons as part of its general design after all. Same sort of goes for wind instruments and bamboo but those largely seem more suitable for terts. That being said, a dragon that outfits itself in bamboo would be cool. It would be funny if a wingless ancient was from wind. As for Light.. probably something from the undead. Or just undead. Knowing the dubious aspect of light lore (like they're scholarly and philosophical yet they got skeletons in their closets. And it's definitely large, or larger than the veilspun. They have to be scared of something, judging by the lore: [quote=Scared Veilspun]“Do you younger breeds have any idea what you’ve done?! You couldn’t leave well enough alone, could you? You just had to go and fix that blasted portal!”[/quote] Whatever's on the other side of the portal (light's side), it has to be something scary.
I wouldn't be surprised if the wind ancient looks a bit like a hot air balloon or a zeppelin. Wind does have balloons as part of its general design after all. Same sort of goes for wind instruments and bamboo but those largely seem more suitable for terts.

That being said, a dragon that outfits itself in bamboo would be cool. It would be funny if a wingless ancient was from wind.

As for Light.. probably something from the undead. Or just undead. Knowing the dubious aspect of light lore (like they're scholarly and philosophical yet they got skeletons in their closets. And it's definitely large, or larger than the veilspun. They have to be scared of something, judging by the lore:
Scared Veilspun wrote:
“Do you younger breeds have any idea what you’ve done?! You couldn’t leave well enough alone, could you? You just had to go and fix that blasted portal!”
Whatever's on the other side of the portal (light's side), it has to be something scary.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
My controversial opinion: I want the next ancients to look like dragons. Wait until we all have one breed before throwing in the real weird things! That said, if we got the swiftwings as wind ancient I'd be super happy, provided they got a bit of an art update of course
My controversial opinion: I want the next ancients to look like dragons. Wait until we all have one breed before throwing in the real weird things! That said, if we got the swiftwings as wind ancient I'd be super happy, provided they got a bit of an art update of course
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
I want the wind ancient to be fluffy and cloud-like,,,sorta like a sheep but..dragon. I think multiple MASSIVE wings would be really cool. like half of the dragon is wing. so cool.
I want the wind ancient to be fluffy and cloud-like,,,sorta like a sheep but..dragon. I think multiple MASSIVE wings would be really cool. like half of the dragon is wing. so cool.
< using my brain powers to get you to buy for 850g MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
about me
93641105.png
[quote name="eeep" date="2024-04-29 20:50:51" ] I'm hoping for something akin to a Kirin for the Light Ancient!! [/quote] [color=2d237a]Pearlcatchers are already based on kirin, with the pearl being drawn from other legends. I don't think devs would really want to make Pearlcatchers 2: Brightshine Boogaloo.[/color]
eeep wrote on 2024-04-29 20:50:51:
I'm hoping for something akin to a Kirin for the Light Ancient!!

Pearlcatchers are already based on kirin, with the pearl being drawn from other legends. I don't think devs would really want to make Pearlcatchers 2: Brightshine Boogaloo.
___Art Heap!

___Avatar derg!
___P7Z02K1.gif ___50406.png
Chicken or Corgi dragon for Wind. I'd love to see it.

Edit: I'd also like a Unicorn dragon for Light.
Chicken or Corgi dragon for Wind. I'd love to see it.

Edit: I'd also like a Unicorn dragon for Light.
FeIiZnO.png
i DEFINITELY want the light ancient to lean towards odd and intimidating, maybe even akin to a biblically accurate angel in some aspects; really [i]be not afraid[/i] type vibes! if the lightweaver regrets the imperials, i definitely want them to lean into that with her first draft! as for wind, i'd LOVE to see a pterosaur of some kind <: especially something quetzalcoatlus-esque [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dinosaurs/images/5/58/QuetzalcoatlusReal.jpg[/img]
i DEFINITELY want the light ancient to lean towards odd and intimidating, maybe even akin to a biblically accurate angel in some aspects; really be not afraid type vibes! if the lightweaver regrets the imperials, i definitely want them to lean into that with her first draft!

as for wind, i'd LOVE to see a pterosaur of some kind <: especially something quetzalcoatlus-esque

QuetzalcoatlusReal.jpg
7979e7990c935401ea870817577cea0a6aea04da.png
experience the feeling of being "bited." // bio // hatchery
[quote name="2Blue2BTrue" date="2024-04-30 09:09:42" ] As for Light.. probably something from the undead. Or just undead. Knowing the dubious aspect of light lore (like they're scholarly and philosophical yet they got skeletons in their closets. And it's definitely large, or larger than the veilspun. They have to be scared of something, judging by the lore: [quote=Scared Veilspun]“Do you younger breeds have any idea what you’ve done?! You couldn’t leave well enough alone, could you? You just had to go and fix that blasted portal!”[/quote] Whatever's on the other side of the portal (light's side), it has to be something scary. [/quote] I'm not sure on the undead aspect, since I think that's encroaching on Emperors way too much and in actual play would be incredibly dark for this sites standards, but now that you've pointed that out - I do wonder if they'll go for a slightly scarier route for Light.... If Veilspun have been hiding in the Tangled Woods for an age, then surely it wouldn't be a Modern Light breed they're scared of and that acted as the reason for the portals closure. It could be cool if Light got a wingless breed - see, they can't fly over the twisting brambles keeping Shadow contained from the other Flights and so they need these portals to travel there. The opening of it means they can finally face their old enemies.
2Blue2BTrue wrote on 2024-04-30 09:09:42:
As for Light.. probably something from the undead. Or just undead. Knowing the dubious aspect of light lore (like they're scholarly and philosophical yet they got skeletons in their closets. And it's definitely large, or larger than the veilspun. They have to be scared of something, judging by the lore:
Scared Veilspun wrote:
“Do you younger breeds have any idea what you’ve done?! You couldn’t leave well enough alone, could you? You just had to go and fix that blasted portal!”
Whatever's on the other side of the portal (light's side), it has to be something scary.

I'm not sure on the undead aspect, since I think that's encroaching on Emperors way too much and in actual play would be incredibly dark for this sites standards, but now that you've pointed that out - I do wonder if they'll go for a slightly scarier route for Light.... If Veilspun have been hiding in the Tangled Woods for an age, then surely it wouldn't be a Modern Light breed they're scared of and that acted as the reason for the portals closure.
It could be cool if Light got a wingless breed - see, they can't fly over the twisting brambles keeping Shadow contained from the other Flights and so they need these portals to travel there. The opening of it means they can finally face their old enemies.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[img]https://i.ibb.co/Zh0qpq8/Untitled4016-20240430144351.png[/img] kiteboy
Untitled4016-20240430144351.png

kiteboy
1 2 3