Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do dragon lairs look like?
Okay so.

This is kind of random especially given the fact that Dusthides just released, and the answer to this question might as well be part of some lore that I haven't dug up yet, but what do y'all think dragon lairs physically look like?

Based on all the complex structures we see on the world map, dragons seem to be able to construct some really rad buildings. So what kinds of buildings would they have as homes?

Feel free to comment your ideas! :D
Okay so.

This is kind of random especially given the fact that Dusthides just released, and the answer to this question might as well be part of some lore that I haven't dug up yet, but what do y'all think dragon lairs physically look like?

Based on all the complex structures we see on the world map, dragons seem to be able to construct some really rad buildings. So what kinds of buildings would they have as homes?

Feel free to comment your ideas! :D
Nox, your local doofus
i think a lot of dragon breed encyclopedia entries have details of what kinds of lairs they like to build, but i am very curious about how those styles would mesh in a multi-breed lair :0
i think a lot of dragon breed encyclopedia entries have details of what kinds of lairs they like to build, but i am very curious about how those styles would mesh in a multi-breed lair :0
they/them
The traditional lairs described in the breed articles are pretty different from the much more human-like buildings we have in scenes and on the world map. Maybe they're sort of a blend between different animal nests and real-world houses?
The traditional lairs described in the breed articles are pretty different from the much more human-like buildings we have in scenes and on the world map. Maybe they're sort of a blend between different animal nests and real-world houses?
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
This has always been kind of a sticking point to me. The buildings on the world map almost seem to contradict the species lore as there are some dragon communities that have just built whole cities and buildings, whereas the encylopedia gives the impression that most dragons dig out holes in the ground to live in. So like, do they live in small communities underground or do they construct whole cities to live in?

I've sort of went for the latter in my world. So I imagine a lot of dragons live in towns and villages with human like buildings. But I guess even then, you could have some buildings be like a tree that faes have carved out to live in like an apartment.

That's a cool idea. I might just adopt that now that I think about it.
This has always been kind of a sticking point to me. The buildings on the world map almost seem to contradict the species lore as there are some dragon communities that have just built whole cities and buildings, whereas the encylopedia gives the impression that most dragons dig out holes in the ground to live in. So like, do they live in small communities underground or do they construct whole cities to live in?

I've sort of went for the latter in my world. So I imagine a lot of dragons live in towns and villages with human like buildings. But I guess even then, you could have some buildings be like a tree that faes have carved out to live in like an apartment.

That's a cool idea. I might just adopt that now that I think about it.
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.