Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinions on the new breed?
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25
[quote name="bulrush" date="2024-04-17 11:00:14" ] im not saying anything until at least a day passes, i've had my opinions flip completely on breeds. i'd be really curious to know if the complaints about this breed being too smooth/rounded/cutesy would also be stated if they were based on isopods rather than pangolins/moles it seems? isopods are considered by even people who have phobias of bugs to be cute, though with how round the breed is i do get an isopod vibe from them. [/quote] i don't think that would fix it tbh, mostly because the general sentiment that it's yet another short snout cutesy breed in general is already there, and also because despite isopods being cute you could still get some freaky design out of that as inspo, or at least should be adding enough elements to make it really feel like a dragon, and there's the issue that if you put this breed side to side with everything else on site it still feels incredibly incomplete and unfinished as a design.
bulrush wrote on 2024-04-17 11:00:14:
im not saying anything until at least a day passes, i've had my opinions flip completely on breeds. i'd be really curious to know if the complaints about this breed being too smooth/rounded/cutesy would also be stated if they were based on isopods rather than pangolins/moles it seems? isopods are considered by even people who have phobias of bugs to be cute, though with how round the breed is i do get an isopod vibe from them.

i don't think that would fix it tbh, mostly because the general sentiment that it's yet another short snout cutesy breed in general is already there, and also because despite isopods being cute you could still get some freaky design out of that as inspo, or at least should be adding enough elements to make it really feel like a dragon, and there's the issue that if you put this breed side to side with everything else on site it still feels incredibly incomplete and unfinished as a design.
Fae/ they-them / +2hrs fr time
they feel like if someone smoothed a sandsurge [emoji=obelisk confused size=1] a sandsmooth... also yeah they basically have a modern dragon body plan, i was hoping for something wackier. the genes are nice though
they feel like if someone smoothed a sandsurge a sandsmooth...

also yeah they basically have a modern dragon body plan, i was hoping for something wackier. the genes are nice though
I'm so so with them. Don't hate them but not going to be hunting for them unless I see a dragon with colours I love.

I will say I love the Parade and Display genes. Would like to see them on other dragons in the future.
I'm so so with them. Don't hate them but not going to be hunting for them unless I see a dragon with colours I love.

I will say I love the Parade and Display genes. Would like to see them on other dragons in the future.
ji7Ja69.png______________MbQpXUR.gifA8YwNGs.gif______________ODwPvZt.png
angry.

There's zero reason this couldn't have been a modern, and likewise, this would have been an incredibly easy breed to give a very unique bodyplan to and even make completely wingless for once. It's the 4th breed in a row to have that same flat cat face. It's not even that fat. There aren't enough genes affecting their tail, the biggest part of their design. Why is Earth getting a third breed before Wind and Light when it got the last Modern relatively recently.
I don't like them. I'm beginning to realise Ancient's aren't going to be as unique as I assumed they rightfully should be and sympathize with everyone who hasn't liked them this entire time.
angry.

There's zero reason this couldn't have been a modern, and likewise, this would have been an incredibly easy breed to give a very unique bodyplan to and even make completely wingless for once. It's the 4th breed in a row to have that same flat cat face. It's not even that fat. There aren't enough genes affecting their tail, the biggest part of their design. Why is Earth getting a third breed before Wind and Light when it got the last Modern relatively recently.
I don't like them. I'm beginning to realise Ancient's aren't going to be as unique as I assumed they rightfully should be and sympathize with everyone who hasn't liked them this entire time.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I don't know how to feel about them. They're... delightfully derpy? I don't know if I'll go as whole ham on them as I have on previous breeds.... Bald. I'm not used to the bald. lol Or rather the lack of ears? I think it's that that's throwing me. I'll need to play around with them some more. I got taken aback with yet another set of eggs instead of scrolls so my plans are out of whack. (I need space!)

BUT they came with some very lovely genes, I love all of their exclusives. Display/parade are gorgeous as are petrified/lode. Very very pretty. I LOVE veil. And don't think I didn't notice Pachy. Antlers is a very unique choice.

All in all they feel like they'd make for good mohun dragons.
I don't know how to feel about them. They're... delightfully derpy? I don't know if I'll go as whole ham on them as I have on previous breeds.... Bald. I'm not used to the bald. lol Or rather the lack of ears? I think it's that that's throwing me. I'll need to play around with them some more. I got taken aback with yet another set of eggs instead of scrolls so my plans are out of whack. (I need space!)

BUT they came with some very lovely genes, I love all of their exclusives. Display/parade are gorgeous as are petrified/lode. Very very pretty. I LOVE veil. And don't think I didn't notice Pachy. Antlers is a very unique choice.

All in all they feel like they'd make for good mohun dragons.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I adore how they look, I love the bald heads and the tert add-ons are great if you don't! Antlers, veil, pachy and spore are INCREDIBLE! Exclusives are all really, really good.

However, I am really disappointed with the other genes and that I'm going to have to wait a year for a possible expansion. No glimmer, capsule, flaunt and flair, pymorph, poitox, chrysmal, cryface, metalloy, firefly, scales, lion and nox, koi, pharsar etc etc.

The gene list looks so small and I get that genes are preference but it was weird to see them skip over so many good ones. I hope that the gene expansions are released sooner than usual or they take more time to flesh out the list between releases, because it's sad seeing a new breed and then having to put a bunch of projects on the backburner and wait!
I adore how they look, I love the bald heads and the tert add-ons are great if you don't! Antlers, veil, pachy and spore are INCREDIBLE! Exclusives are all really, really good.

However, I am really disappointed with the other genes and that I'm going to have to wait a year for a possible expansion. No glimmer, capsule, flaunt and flair, pymorph, poitox, chrysmal, cryface, metalloy, firefly, scales, lion and nox, koi, pharsar etc etc.

The gene list looks so small and I get that genes are preference but it was weird to see them skip over so many good ones. I hope that the gene expansions are released sooner than usual or they take more time to flesh out the list between releases, because it's sad seeing a new breed and then having to put a bunch of projects on the backburner and wait!
Heart.gif
tbh i love them!!! :) such cute critters with their bald heads
tbh i love them!!! :) such cute critters with their bald heads
JrZGMGx.png
4SzSxLW.png
UqlBGwo.png
i love when tragedies are like “the love was there. it didnt change anything.
it didnt save anyone. there were just too many forces against it.
but it still matters that the love was there.”
keelah se'lai
They're not bad and I think they'll grow on me further. I like the male pose, and some of the genes are gorgeous. I do wish the wings had been... different. And the snout feels too short. I'd be happy with a longer one, but honestly? A snout like a star-nosed mole. It looks weird, but for a burrowing breed, I feel like that could definitely help it look more unique?
They're not bad and I think they'll grow on me further. I like the male pose, and some of the genes are gorgeous. I do wish the wings had been... different. And the snout feels too short. I'd be happy with a longer one, but honestly? A snout like a star-nosed mole. It looks weird, but for a burrowing breed, I feel like that could definitely help it look more unique?
GujRVNB.gif
Rambling alert

I was more hyped when I was first looking at them, and while I do like them I can’t help but feel a little disappointed.

I like that they are bald and that a lot of the linebreakers focus on their head. BUT the head feels incomplete, like it NEEDS a line breakers. The secondary is also too sparse/unbalanced, even just putting it on the spikes would help so much.

Speaking of the spikes, the tail looks like it belongs to a different creature than the rest of the dragon. if the spikes/plating from the tail were added onto say, the neck for example, it would probably help it look more cohesive. I know there’s probably a few people that dislike them having wings, but I like them and they look like a natural part of the design (ignoring the issues with the secondary I mentioned before). But while I like the wings, they are apart of a problem.

Normally i disagree/don’t see it when people say “it could have/looks like been a modern” towards most ancient dragons and feel like they’re over exaggerating (though I agree that ancients should be pushing variety in anatomy much more), in this case it doesn’t really look like an ancient at all in base design. It looks just like a modern.

Love the genes though.
Rambling alert

I was more hyped when I was first looking at them, and while I do like them I can’t help but feel a little disappointed.

I like that they are bald and that a lot of the linebreakers focus on their head. BUT the head feels incomplete, like it NEEDS a line breakers. The secondary is also too sparse/unbalanced, even just putting it on the spikes would help so much.

Speaking of the spikes, the tail looks like it belongs to a different creature than the rest of the dragon. if the spikes/plating from the tail were added onto say, the neck for example, it would probably help it look more cohesive. I know there’s probably a few people that dislike them having wings, but I like them and they look like a natural part of the design (ignoring the issues with the secondary I mentioned before). But while I like the wings, they are apart of a problem.

Normally i disagree/don’t see it when people say “it could have/looks like been a modern” towards most ancient dragons and feel like they’re over exaggerating (though I agree that ancients should be pushing variety in anatomy much more), in this case it doesn’t really look like an ancient at all in base design. It looks just like a modern.

Love the genes though.
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
They're quite charming. They're definitely unique! And it has been a long while since we last got a stocky dragon.
They're quite charming. They're definitely unique! And it has been a long while since we last got a stocky dragon.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25