Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [ArcDom] Enchanted Library OOF Hub
1 2
[center][size=5][b][i]Day Five: Destruction and Discord[/b][/i][/size] by @CatOnAQuest[/center] It started with some rumbling in the distance, although soon small rocks started falling from the ceiling. Still, when the first tunnel collapsed it felt like a bomb had gone off. Everyone panicked and unfortunately the teams got cut off from each other for a few hours. During the time they were apart, a few more tunnels collapsed and the Sanctum Survey Squad quickly found their route cut off as well. Luckily Vex used their sensitive fans and managed to give them a little heads up. So no one got injured at least. “Well it seems we have no choice but to dig!” Stella exclaimed. [center][item=pickaxe][/center] Eventually both teams managed to meet up again. Though of course Stella and Marjorie immediately got on each other's nerves and started squabbling again. “Aha, there they are!” Marjorie exclaimed. “Looks like your team isn’t totally incompetent after all. Did you finally figure out the right direction?” “Yeah, no thanks to you. If you didn’t use the Fluorescent Radiance Spell none of this would have happened anyway,” Stella accused Marjorie. “The Radiance Spell!? Are you kidding me? That spell doesn’t trigger anything. It’s your fault. One of those Arcane spells of yours must have triggered Luminax!” Marjorie shot back. “Luminax!? Don’t go blaming the Emperor Dragon for your faulty spellwork,” Stella responded angrily. With a huff the two team leaders turned away from each other. Both team leaders were frazzled after their vigorous argument and their team members started complaining. Sure, they got that everyone was tired and hungry, but they were so close! Marjorie’s team had a breakthrough when they were separated. The Sanctum Survey Squad did not want to be left behind. Sure it was a ‘friendly competition’ and all but everyone hates losing. The rumbling warned them another tunnel had collapsed. “Argh! Not another. Why do the tunnels keep collapsing?!” Vex cried. They were really getting frustrated with all these safety hazards. They questioned Stella: “And you’re quite sure those enchantments you’re using are safe?” Unfortunately, they were not the only one on their last nerve. “YES! For the umpteenth time!” Stella yelled. “I’ve been using them for years and they’ve never caused any safety issues.” “I’m sorry, it’s just nothing is up to code and you all keeping using these unknown methods and spells I’m[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]quite[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]sure[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]they[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]are[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]untested[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]and[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]I’m[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]tired[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]and[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]hungry[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]and[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]all[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]these[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]collapsing[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]tunnels[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]are[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]making[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]me[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]really[size=1][size=1]-[/size][/size]nervous!” Vex muttered and almost spat out the words with how fast they were talking. “Hold on. I didn’t catch that last part. Can you repeat that?” Winnie asked. Vex calmed down a little before repeating: “I’m just quite tired and hungry, plus all these tunnels collapsing is really making me anxious.” “I’m sorry I yelled, Vex,” Stella apologised, “I am also really frustrated right now. Can you believe that Marjorie blamed Luminax for the collapsed tunnels?! Ugh, I just can’t with her.” “Luminax, hmm?” Vex looked thoughtful. “You know that might not be so far fetched. Anyway -” “[i]STOP THAT!!![/i]” A loud yell from Edward interrupted them. “WHAT IN THE LIGHTWEAVER’S NAME DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?! THOSE ARE PRECIOUS DOCUMENTS!!!” [center][item=tattered parchment][/center]
Day Five: Destruction and Discord
by @CatOnAQuest

It started with some rumbling in the distance, although soon small rocks started falling from the ceiling.

Still, when the first tunnel collapsed it felt like a bomb had gone off.

Everyone panicked and unfortunately the teams got cut off from each other for a few hours. During the time they were apart, a few more tunnels collapsed and the Sanctum Survey Squad quickly found their route cut off as well. Luckily Vex used their sensitive fans and managed to give them a little heads up. So no one got injured at least.

“Well it seems we have no choice but to dig!” Stella exclaimed.
Pickaxe
Eventually both teams managed to meet up again. Though of course Stella and Marjorie immediately got on each other's nerves and started squabbling again.

“Aha, there they are!” Marjorie exclaimed. “Looks like your team isn’t totally incompetent after all. Did you finally figure out the right direction?”

“Yeah, no thanks to you. If you didn’t use the Fluorescent Radiance Spell none of this would have happened anyway,” Stella accused Marjorie.

“The Radiance Spell!? Are you kidding me? That spell doesn’t trigger anything. It’s your fault. One of those Arcane spells of yours must have triggered Luminax!” Marjorie shot back.

“Luminax!? Don’t go blaming the Emperor Dragon for your faulty spellwork,” Stella responded angrily. With a huff the two team leaders turned away from each other.

Both team leaders were frazzled after their vigorous argument and their team members started complaining. Sure, they got that everyone was tired and hungry, but they were so close!

Marjorie’s team had a breakthrough when they were separated. The Sanctum Survey Squad did not want to be left behind. Sure it was a ‘friendly competition’ and all but everyone hates losing.

The rumbling warned them another tunnel had collapsed. “Argh! Not another. Why do the tunnels keep collapsing?!” Vex cried. They were really getting frustrated with all these safety hazards. They questioned Stella: “And you’re quite sure those enchantments you’re using are safe?”

Unfortunately, they were not the only one on their last nerve. “YES! For the umpteenth time!” Stella yelled. “I’ve been using them for years and they’ve never caused any safety issues.”

“I’m sorry, it’s just nothing is up to code and you all keeping using these unknown methods and spells I’m-quite-sure-they-are-untested-and-I’m-tired-and-hungry-and-all-these-collapsing-tunnels-are-making-me-really-nervous!” Vex muttered and almost spat out the words with how fast they were talking.

“Hold on. I didn’t catch that last part. Can you repeat that?” Winnie asked.

Vex calmed down a little before repeating: “I’m just quite tired and hungry, plus all these tunnels collapsing is really making me anxious.”

“I’m sorry I yelled, Vex,” Stella apologised, “I am also really frustrated right now. Can you believe that Marjorie blamed Luminax for the collapsed tunnels?! Ugh, I just can’t with her.”

“Luminax, hmm?” Vex looked thoughtful. “You know that might not be so far fetched. Anyway -”

STOP THAT!!!” A loud yell from Edward interrupted them. “WHAT IN THE LIGHTWEAVER’S NAME DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?! THOSE ARE PRECIOUS DOCUMENTS!!!”
Tattered Parchment
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[center][size=5][b][i]Day Six: A Discovery Awaits![/b][/i][/size] by @CatOnAQuest & @Lundlaeva[/center] “WHAT IN THE LIGHTWEAVERS NAME DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?! THOSE ARE PRECIOUS DOCUMENTS!!!” Edward yelled out. The snapper sounded furious and both teams looked at him alarmed. They all saw him storming at R0seth0rn, who had in both their claws a stack of paper. R0seth0rn chewed quickly and swallowed, but everyone could still clearly see a bit of paper stuck between their teeth. “I’M SO SORRY,” R0seth0rn apologised profusely, but Edward was furious. “How could you! Don’t you know everything here is valuable information! I know Aethers have these urges but what kind of researcher are you if you can’t even understand this!” Although Edward was around the same height as R0seth0rn he seemed to tower over them. He was so angry, the words got stuck in his mouth and his face started turning red. Mina stepped forward and with their presence a calm seemed to settle over the crowd. “Your energies are disrupted. You need to calm down.” Her claws seemed to touch something invisible to the naked eye and with her movement all the tension drained from Edward. “I apologise for using a little charm to calm you down, but I did not want you to work yourself up any further.” Their claws slowly lowered and Edward seemed to shudder slightly. His eyes cleared and he looked a lot calmer. Now that everyone had calmed down again, Winnie and Alwyn tried to piece together the leftover bits of the paper. “Look! We’ve managed to put together this page.” Alwyn spoke. Winnie flared her frills. “I think it’s giving a good clue as to where a special artefact is kept.” Both look at each other with renewed enthusiasm. This could be a great breakthrough. They looked over the page carefully. It said: [center][spoiler]xxxxxxx[/spoiler]idden in wisdom o[spoiler]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/spoiler] [spoiler]x[/spoiler]ound in Mar[spoiler]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/spoiler]ony both Small in stat[spoiler]xxxxxxxxxxx[/spoiler] in character [spoiler]xxxx[/spoiler] in place for [spoiler]xxxxxxxxx[/spoiler]o find Only un[spoiler]xxxxxxxxxx[/spoiler] synergy Sorn[spoiler]xxxxxx[/spoiler] opposites att[spoiler]ract[/spoiler][/center] “Hey Winnie, look. What do you think it says?” Alwyn asked, their frills flapping curiously. “Hmm, maybe an H is missing here?” Winnie pointed a finger at the top of the page. Alwyn pointed to the next sentence: “And this one could be found, or maybe… bound?” “Yeah, maybe, but the middle is missing too much. I don’t think we can fill that in.” The Fae looked at R0seth0rn. “I think that piece might be lost.” Alwyn and Winnie shared a look. [center][item=tattered parchment][/center] Eventually Winnie and Alwyn had figured out all they could and called Marjorie and Stella over. “Hey boss, look at this.” Alwyn and Winnie held up the piece of paper they stuck together. Stella and Marjorie looked at the paper curiously. “This might be good for our research paper,” Stella commented. “[i]Your[/i] research paper? You still think you won’t be a footnote in [i]our[/i] paper?” Marjorie argued back. But before they could start arguing again Winnie held up her claws. “Hold up please, I think …” she shared a look with Alwyn, “[i]We[/i] think we have to work together.” “I propose Winnie and I switch positions,” Alwyn offered. Winnie added: “I think we can all agree that you two working together is unlikely. So this might work the best.” Marjorie looked at Alwyn: “Are you sure?” Alwyn gave a firm nod. “I think it’s the only way.” Stella and Winnie just shared a look and Stella noticed Winnie’s frills expressed determination. “Alright then, you …” She pointed at Alwyn. “Alwyn, right? With me, this way please,” she said as she walked back to her Squad members. Marjorie looked at Winnie and gave her a quick lookover. “You an intern as well right? Like Alwyn?” she asked. “Yeah I am. Looking forward to working with you, Ma’am.” Winnie politely said. “Well come along then,” and Marjorie guided Winnie to the Lamplight Expedition members. [center][emoji=arcane rune size=1][emoji=light rune size=1] [emoji=pick axe size=1] [emoji=light rune size=1][emoji=arcane rune size=1][/center] After both teams were briefed, they all got back to work. But now Alwyn was helping out the members of the Sanctum Survey Squad, and their contribution quickly became evident. “There’s a symbol right here.” They pointed to a spot on a seemingly normal rock. “It is pointing to the Nordwest.” The Squad could not see the symbol but Alwyn seemed sincere. “Alrighty then.” Graceful said, grateful for the new direction, and lumbered in the direction Alwyn pointed to. Alwyn followed Grace and one after the other the Squad members followed suit. Stella lingered behind a little and gave the rock a good look, but she eventually shrugged and followed the others. R0seth0rn used a SpellScry in the area that Alwyn had pointed them to - and eureka! A result! There was an enchantment to prevent the torches in the area from being lit. Stella and R0seth0rn worked together to dismantle the enchantment. With the torches now in working order the area was much brighter and Alwyn sucked in a sharp breath. “This might be it, but the message is incomplete. Maybe you can use another one of your spell thingies,” they said. “Here in this area something is missing, and here as well.” As they pointed at a few spots, Stella used her SpellScry to reveal the hidden enchantments. These enchantments were odd and revealed some glowing arrows. Alwyn quickly grabbed a piece of paper from her pack and sketched out the incomplete directions they had seen on the wall. After they were done Stella added the arrows in the spots Alwyn indicated. “It’s still incomplete,” Stella looked frustrated at the results. “Maybe Marjorie has the rest?” “Alright guys take five. I’m gonna try and see what Marjorie has.” Stella addressed her team members. They all were tired and took the chance to take a break with no complaints. “Alright, Alwyn, let's go see your boss.” The Fae said and left with Alwyn to go find Marjorie. In the meantime the Lamplight Expedition Co. was also gaining ground. Winnie’s magic revealed parts for them, they could not find before. “We’re still missing something though.” Cassius, one of their researchers, was looking at all the information they found. “I think it’s time for a break again,” Marjorie said. “Can you take stock of our equipment Mina?” “Sure thing, boss.” Mina diligently started laying out the equipment and checking everything for defaults and fail points. “We’ll go check in with Stella in the meantime,” Marjorie pointed at Winnie. “You’re with me.” [center][emoji=arcane rune size=1][emoji=light rune size=1] [emoji=pick axe size=1] [emoji=light rune size=1][emoji=arcane rune size=1][/center] The heads of both teams (and their assistants) met up at roughly the spot where they had parted ways, where R0seTh0rn had been spotted munching on the parchment. “There you are!” Stella said, and addressed Winnie, “Have you discovered anything while working with the Light team?” “[i]We[/i] have discovered plenty!” Marjorie said pointedly. “Take a look at this.” Stella gasped as she examined the piece of paper the Guardian held up, but it was Alwyn who piped up with the answer: “It’s the other half of the directions!” he cried, snatching the parchment from Stella so he could show his team leader and compare the two. “Look, they would fit together perfectly into a map.” “I wonder where it leads?” Winnie asked, looking between the two team leaders. There was only one way to find out. Both Stella and Marjorie acted at once: they grabbed their assistants and rushed back towards their group, calling for the Sanctum Survey Squad (or Lamplight Expedition Co.) to grab their things and try to keep up! They rushed through the corridors, both teams neck-and-neck, following the instructions they had seen on the two pieces of parchment. At last, they burst into a room in the depths that looked like it hadn’t been touched in aeons, with a thick layer of dusty dirt blanketing the floor. The two teams skidded to a halt in the darkness. Despite being out of breath, Vex hurried forwards. “Okay, everyone, let’s be careful - this is an unknown space and we need to be cautious!” “This is no time for being cautious,” Stella cried. “Someone set up some lights and get the excavation equipment - this is where we need to dig!” “Well, don’t just stand there!” Marjorie was shouting to her own team, “You’re not going to let the Arcanites get a head start on us, are you? There’s archeology to be done, snap to it!” Both teams whirled into action, setting up lights and casting exploratory spells to identify the best spot to dig. The Light team followed their Spectrum Scan from the right, while the Arcanites used a SpellScry starting on the left, and they swept across the floor in a spiralling pattern, following the readings closer and closer until - “[i]THERE![/i]” cried R0seTh0rn and Cassius at once. Both divining methods had led them to the exact same spot! “Quick, quick!” Stella cried, fans flapping with excitement. “Hurry, everyone!” Marjorie bellowed. Both teams descended on the same dig site with enthusiasm, working from either end. Which group would be the first to uncover the artefact hidden within …?
Day Six: A Discovery Awaits!
by @CatOnAQuest & @Lundlaeva

“WHAT IN THE LIGHTWEAVERS NAME DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?! THOSE ARE PRECIOUS DOCUMENTS!!!” Edward yelled out. The snapper sounded furious and both teams looked at him alarmed.

They all saw him storming at R0seth0rn, who had in both their claws a stack of paper. R0seth0rn chewed quickly and swallowed, but everyone could still clearly see a bit of paper stuck between their teeth.

“I’M SO SORRY,” R0seth0rn apologised profusely, but Edward was furious.

“How could you! Don’t you know everything here is valuable information! I know Aethers have these urges but what kind of researcher are you if you can’t even understand this!”

Although Edward was around the same height as R0seth0rn he seemed to tower over them. He was so angry, the words got stuck in his mouth and his face started turning red.

Mina stepped forward and with their presence a calm seemed to settle over the crowd. “Your energies are disrupted. You need to calm down.” Her claws seemed to touch something invisible to the naked eye and with her movement all the tension drained from Edward. “I apologise for using a little charm to calm you down, but I did not want you to work yourself up any further.”

Their claws slowly lowered and Edward seemed to shudder slightly. His eyes cleared and he looked a lot calmer.

Now that everyone had calmed down again, Winnie and Alwyn tried to piece together the leftover bits of the paper.

“Look! We’ve managed to put together this page.” Alwyn spoke. Winnie flared her frills. “I think it’s giving a good clue as to where a special artefact is kept.” Both look at each other with renewed enthusiasm. This could be a great breakthrough.

They looked over the page carefully. It said:
xxxxxxxidden in wisdom oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xound in Marxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxony both

Small in statxxxxxxxxxxx in character

xxxx in place for xxxxxxxxxo find

Only unxxxxxxxxxx synergy

Sornxxxxxx opposites attract
“Hey Winnie, look. What do you think it says?” Alwyn asked, their frills flapping curiously.

“Hmm, maybe an H is missing here?” Winnie pointed a finger at the top of the page.

Alwyn pointed to the next sentence: “And this one could be found, or maybe… bound?”

“Yeah, maybe, but the middle is missing too much. I don’t think we can fill that in.”

The Fae looked at R0seth0rn. “I think that piece might be lost.”

Alwyn and Winnie shared a look.
Tattered Parchment
Eventually Winnie and Alwyn had figured out all they could and called Marjorie and Stella over.

“Hey boss, look at this.” Alwyn and Winnie held up the piece of paper they stuck together. Stella and Marjorie looked at the paper curiously.

“This might be good for our research paper,” Stella commented.

Your research paper? You still think you won’t be a footnote in our paper?” Marjorie argued back.

But before they could start arguing again Winnie held up her claws. “Hold up please, I think …” she shared a look with Alwyn, “We think we have to work together.”

“I propose Winnie and I switch positions,” Alwyn offered.

Winnie added: “I think we can all agree that you two working together is unlikely. So this might work the best.”

Marjorie looked at Alwyn: “Are you sure?”

Alwyn gave a firm nod. “I think it’s the only way.”

Stella and Winnie just shared a look and Stella noticed Winnie’s frills expressed determination.

“Alright then, you …” She pointed at Alwyn. “Alwyn, right? With me, this way please,” she said as she walked back to her Squad members.

Marjorie looked at Winnie and gave her a quick lookover. “You an intern as well right? Like Alwyn?” she asked.

“Yeah I am. Looking forward to working with you, Ma’am.” Winnie politely said.

“Well come along then,” and Marjorie guided Winnie to the Lamplight Expedition members.
After both teams were briefed, they all got back to work. But now Alwyn was helping out the members of the Sanctum Survey Squad, and their contribution quickly became evident.

“There’s a symbol right here.” They pointed to a spot on a seemingly normal rock. “It is pointing to the Nordwest.” The Squad could not see the symbol but Alwyn seemed sincere.

“Alrighty then.” Graceful said, grateful for the new direction, and lumbered in the direction Alwyn pointed to. Alwyn followed Grace and one after the other the Squad members followed suit. Stella lingered behind a little and gave the rock a good look, but she eventually shrugged and followed the others.

R0seth0rn used a SpellScry in the area that Alwyn had pointed them to - and eureka! A result! There was an enchantment to prevent the torches in the area from being lit. Stella and R0seth0rn worked together to dismantle the enchantment.

With the torches now in working order the area was much brighter and Alwyn sucked in a sharp breath. “This might be it, but the message is incomplete. Maybe you can use another one of your spell thingies,” they said. “Here in this area something is missing, and here as well.”

As they pointed at a few spots, Stella used her SpellScry to reveal the hidden enchantments. These enchantments were odd and revealed some glowing arrows.

Alwyn quickly grabbed a piece of paper from her pack and sketched out the incomplete directions they had seen on the wall. After they were done Stella added the arrows in the spots Alwyn indicated.

“It’s still incomplete,” Stella looked frustrated at the results. “Maybe Marjorie has the rest?”

“Alright guys take five. I’m gonna try and see what Marjorie has.” Stella addressed her team members. They all were tired and took the chance to take a break with no complaints.

“Alright, Alwyn, let's go see your boss.” The Fae said and left with Alwyn to go find Marjorie.

In the meantime the Lamplight Expedition Co. was also gaining ground. Winnie’s magic revealed parts for them, they could not find before.

“We’re still missing something though.” Cassius, one of their researchers, was looking at all the information they found.

“I think it’s time for a break again,” Marjorie said. “Can you take stock of our equipment Mina?”

“Sure thing, boss.” Mina diligently started laying out the equipment and checking everything for defaults and fail points.

“We’ll go check in with Stella in the meantime,” Marjorie pointed at Winnie. “You’re with me.”
The heads of both teams (and their assistants) met up at roughly the spot where they had parted ways, where R0seTh0rn had been spotted munching on the parchment.

“There you are!” Stella said, and addressed Winnie, “Have you discovered anything while working with the Light team?”

We have discovered plenty!” Marjorie said pointedly. “Take a look at this.”

Stella gasped as she examined the piece of paper the Guardian held up, but it was Alwyn who piped up with the answer: “It’s the other half of the directions!” he cried, snatching the parchment from Stella so he could show his team leader and compare the two. “Look, they would fit together perfectly into a map.”

“I wonder where it leads?” Winnie asked, looking between the two team leaders.

There was only one way to find out. Both Stella and Marjorie acted at once: they grabbed their assistants and rushed back towards their group, calling for the Sanctum Survey Squad (or Lamplight Expedition Co.) to grab their things and try to keep up! They rushed through the corridors, both teams neck-and-neck, following the instructions they had seen on the two pieces of parchment.

At last, they burst into a room in the depths that looked like it hadn’t been touched in aeons, with a thick layer of dusty dirt blanketing the floor.

The two teams skidded to a halt in the darkness. Despite being out of breath, Vex hurried forwards. “Okay, everyone, let’s be careful - this is an unknown space and we need to be cautious!”

“This is no time for being cautious,” Stella cried. “Someone set up some lights and get the excavation equipment - this is where we need to dig!”

“Well, don’t just stand there!” Marjorie was shouting to her own team, “You’re not going to let the Arcanites get a head start on us, are you? There’s archeology to be done, snap to it!”

Both teams whirled into action, setting up lights and casting exploratory spells to identify the best spot to dig. The Light team followed their Spectrum Scan from the right, while the Arcanites used a SpellScry starting on the left, and they swept across the floor in a spiralling pattern, following the readings closer and closer until -

THERE!” cried R0seTh0rn and Cassius at once. Both divining methods had led them to the exact same spot!

“Quick, quick!” Stella cried, fans flapping with excitement.

“Hurry, everyone!” Marjorie bellowed.

Both teams descended on the same dig site with enthusiasm, working from either end. Which group would be the first to uncover the artefact hidden within …?
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[center][size=5][b][i]Day Seven: Revelation and Restoration[/b][/i][/size] by @Draco981[/center] To say that the dragons of the Lamplight Expedition Co. and the Sanctum Survey Squad were at the end of their ropes would be a vast understatement. The lack of fresh equipment was making progress increasingly and agonizingly slower. The dwindling food supplies meant everyone was getting cranky and irritable, more so than they had already been with each other. The constant rumbling coming from Luminax’s footsteps above kept everyone on edge, even with the library’s safety features, and also meant that little sleep was had by anyone. Even the Arcane dragons, who may have been used to going sleepless, were showing signs of being worn out due to exhaustion. That being said, the leaders of both teams were still determined to outdo each other. Unfortunately, they were both focused on the same artifact, and the struggles between a Guardian and a Fae working on the same thing could not have been more present. “It’s a string of stone beads, alternating pink and white, hardly large enough for either the Arcanist or the Lightweaver to use. Its size makes it large enough for perhaps only the smallest of breeds to use as jewelry, if that’s even what this is,” Stella muttered out loud. “There isn’t anyone blind here,” Marjorie said dismissively and condescendingly. “I can tell the pink stones are chalcedony, perhaps signaling the role of the Arcanist in this place,” Stella continued, thankful that her monotone voice was hiding her contempt. “The white beads are evidently calcium-based, but what are they…?” Her voice trailed off, and she started reaching for a device to allow her to identify the stone. Marjorie chuckled, bringing the necklace up with one talon, taking Stella by surprise: “How do you not know marble when you see it? And these pieces are exquisite! Almost as if -” The Guardian was caught off guard as she looked toward the string of beads. The two team leaders watched in awe as the string and every bead seemed to grow in size steadily and silently until it was large enough to fit around Marjorie’s forearm. A gasp was heard and the two team leaders turned to see Winnie and Alwyn both standing nearby, both clearly having seen the event that just transpired. “Fetch the other team members and bring them here now!” Marjorie ordered Alwyn quickly. “You too!” Stella added. Both young dragons nodded and quickly ventured off to find the rest of their teams, leaving the two to ponder the implications of the find. “The Lightweaver and the Arcanist were the only two who had access to this place,” Stella began. “And the two types of stone present in the chain imply they both had a hand in its creation,” Marjorie continued, adding her own line of thinking. “This would mean that -” “They worked together on this object!” Stella chimed in. Marjorie thought a few moments further, “Come to think of it, nearly everything here was made by both deities. If one began, the other finished, and vice versa. That’s an incredible feat of collaboration, they would have had to have developed an immense bond for it,” the Guardian looked back at the beaded chain. “So perhaps that could mean -” “This was made for that bond!” Stella joined, finishing the thought with Marjorie. The two looked at each other and shared a brief smile. “OK, but, what is it?” said a new voice. The two team leaders looked up to see that the rest of both of their teams had arrived and were awaiting their word. “Isn’t it obvious?” Marjorie asked. “It is clearly sacred jewelry used for ritualistic purposes.” “What kind of rituals?” “Rituals to strengthen the bond between the Arcanist and Lightweaver,” Stella answered this time. Mina let out a small laugh. “So it’s a friendship bracelet?” “No!” Marjorie corrected with a small laugh of her own. “This jeweled band was created in tandem by the Arcanist and Lightweaver as an expression of their mutual trust, support, and affection for one another.” “...So it’s a friendship bracelet,” Mina concluded. Stella groaned. “Fine, it’s a friendship bracelet. You happy, you simple-minded beast?” Marjorie turned back to the Fae and gave a low growl. “I know you didn’t just say that.” Stella stared straight into Marjorie’s eyes, “I wouldn’t have said it if it weren’t true.” This statement was met with several growls from the Lamplight Expedition Co. “Do I need to remind you which member of your team [i]ate an important historical document?[/i]” Marjorie said threateningly. R0seth0rn looked guiltily at the floor. “And how about this one?” Cassius snapped, pointing at Grace, “Always fumbling about and nearly breaking everything they touch!” “You leave Grace alone!” Winnie warned. More growls soon erupted from the dragons of both teams, the tension in the room was growing exponentially. “Can’t keep your team in line, can you?” Marjorie taunted Stella, setting the bracelet down. This soon became a mistake, as it directly led into a massive shouting match between every dragon present. The volume in the room was so great it even drowned out the rumblings of the footsteps from Luminax above. Then, at some point, every dragon in the room heard a sound that brought all of them to alertness and fear. It was the sound of a spell being cast. A beam of magic, pure white and without a clear element began streaking around the room. No one knew who cast it. The beam abruptly shot across the room and struck the bracelet, launching it into the air. Vex dove over and snatched the bracelet before any more potential damage could be done to it. The dragons of both teams almost immediately went back to furiously arguing with each other, now blaming the others for nearly destroying the sacred artifact. “Oh, will you all quit it!” Vex shouted suddenly at the top of their lungs. The squabbling teams paused momentarily and looked at the Sandsurge. Vex seized this brief moment of their attention that they had. “Look at this!” They shouted, holding up the bracelet in their claw. “This was meant to symbolize and strengthen the bonds of friendship and trust between the Arcanist and the Lightweaver! Now look at all of you. How well do you think you are representing this bond between them?” The weight of their words quickly sunk in as the two teams gave long looks at each other, reflecting on their actions. “Why are we even competing like this?” Vex continued. “This place was made entirely as a collaborative effort between our deities, neither of them was trying to outdo the other.” “I agree,” Mina said, “I know that our influx of supplies and food being cut off has made our progress slow and put all of us on edge, but I think this element of competition between us has made this entire experience not worth it.” Most of the dragons of both teams nodded in agreement, but Stella and Marjorie stood shocked at the Skydancer’s words. “How could you say something like that?!” Marjorie asked, appalled. “Don’t you want to be the one to make the discoveries here?” Stella added. “Well, yes,” Grace began, “But the way we’ve been doing this seems to directly contradict what our gods had in mind.” “Yes,” Edward agreed, “The Lightweaver and the Arcanist, [i]both of our flights,[/i] were both motivated by the discovery of what they didn’t already know, that pursuit of unheld knowledge, that was why they worked together to make this place; to continue that pursuit together.” The two team leaders looked skeptical of what they were hearing. “Stella, Marjorie, if I may,” Mina began, “that brief moment you two spent together figuring out the purpose of the bracelet, and the joy of finally getting to that conclusion, that was your favorite moment out of this entire expedition, am I correct?” The Guardian and the Fae looked at each other for a moment, still clinging on to that feeling of competition they had. Finally, Stella admitted out loud, “Yes. That moment, that feeling, that’s what I strive for. That is why I chose to work in this profession.” “Me too,” Marjorie said with a sigh, “I don’t get that kind of excitement from making a discovery in a competition, only collaboration.” A few moments of silence passed. The two groups of dragons looked at each other in anticipation, then at their leaders for instructions on what to do next. “I know what this calls for,” Stella announced, not enthusiastically, but formally. “Marjorie, I’m aware that our efforts during this expedition have been strained, and I understand that introducing this element of competition has only worsened this strain for both of us and our teams. It would have been better if we had collaborated on this project to begin with.” Stella extended her claw, now with a pink glow surrounding it, towards Marjorie. The Guardian understood immediately what was going on. “And to you, Stella, I understand that your methods of discovery may be rather unorthodox compared to ours, but I acknowledge that that doesn’t make you any less capable of exploring a place such as this. I let my pride get in the way of my thinking when I accepted your challenge, and I agree that we should have worked together.” She extended her own claw, covered in a yellow glow. She nearly reached Stella’s claw before pausing. “So, we’ll split the credit?” “Yes, that would be best for us,” Stella confirmed. Marjorie relaxed and, despite the size difference, the two team leaders placed the palms of their claws into each other. Suddenly, the bracelet flew out of Vex’s hand, came undone at one point, and then wrapped itself around Stella and Marjorie’s forearms. As this happened, the glows of the respective magics of the two grew more intense, and then seemed to migrate towards their meeting point. Stella and Marjorie quickly pulled their claws back, afraid and unaware of what was taking place. In the open space their claws left behind, a large white ball of energy floated silently, with two smaller streaks of Arcane and Light magic orbiting around it. Then, two massive voices emanated through the entire room. [size=7][color=#CC0099][i]"The bond has been renewed..."[/i][/color][/size] [right][size=7][color=goldenrod][i]"...The origin must be restored."[/i][/color][/size][/right] Before anyone could openly acknowledge what just happened, the ball of white energy rose up, the streaks of energy orbiting in increasing speed. Then, the energies coalesced before quickly flashing into a massive pink and yellow rune circle with intricate patterns, perfectly symmetrical except for two large circles within it, one with the Arcane rune and the other with Light’s. The circle flashed before dissipating, leaving several streaks of magic behind. The streaks hovered for a moment, before fanning out and spreading all over the room, affecting nearly everything they came near. Both teams watched in awe as all the dust in the room was cleared away, light far brighter than what they had brought filled the space, and, most incredibly of all, the damage and dilapidation brought by time on everything in the room was completely undone, leaving it all in pristine condition. The dragons looked around them at the spectacle that had unfolded before them. Their gaze fell back to the streaks, which were now hovering above them. Then, as if satisfied with their work, they floated out of the room. No order needed to be given for every dragon to follow them. The streaks then fanned out and spread all over the ancient site. “Pair up and split up!” Stella and Marjorie ordered in unison. WIthout hesitation, each team member found a dragon of the other element and chased after the streaks, which, notably, were also paired up with the other element. Cassius and Grace followed a pair into one room, where countless massive shelves had collapsed all over the floor, their contents strewn about. The two watched as the streak of Light magic danced around the walls, restoring the ornate siding to its original grandeur. The Arcane streak flew over the center of the massive pile and briefly flashed brighter. Every object was surrounded in a pink glow as they soon began to float and elegantly began moving around the room and settling in the right place, the books, scrolls, and tablets arranging themselves within the shelves in perfect order. The Light streak, now done refurbishing the walls, circled quickly around the shelves, healing all the damage to them and their contents. Around the library, similar sights were being seen. Edward and Vex were surprised to see a pair of streaks repairing the damage from the collapsed tunnels, perfectly fixing the falling stones and cleaning up the debris. Vex approached a section of the ceiling and tested it. “It’s perfect. I’ve never seen anything as strong as this.” Elsewhere, R0seth0rn and Mina discovered a room with a massive underground spring. The streaks they followed danced around the room, and began a massive sequence of events. Stones in the water flew up and repositioned themselves in the ceiling, which was soon carved into a large dome structure. The Aether and Skydancer were surprised to see areas of soil around the spring, not having been able to see it without the new light provided. They were more shocked to see the two streaks dive into the soil, and from it sprouted dozens of plants, growing into plants native to both the Starfall Isles and the Sunbream Ruins. The plants grew bounties of flowers and fruit. “Oh, thank goodness,” R0se said, darting towards the awaiting meal, but she was stopped as Mina grabbed her. “We shouldn’t. This place was meant for our gods, we shouldn’t disturb anything we don’t need to.” In a nearby room, Winnie and Alwyn were amazed at the restoration of two massive fields of exquisitely soft fabric, one in yellow, and the other in white. Next to both were two equally large pedestals that looked to be more like tables, one in marble and the other of pink chalcedony. Winnie spotted something on the marble pedestal and flew up to investigate it as Stella and Marjorie came into the room. “Come and look at this!” Winnie called. The other three dragons flew up to see. It was a large stone tablet with something clearly carved into it. “That’s the ancient runic dialect of the Lightweaver herself!” Marjorie excitedly pointed out. “She wrote: ‘While we may not need them ourselves, we must agree that some mortal luxuries are definitely as justified as our children claim.’” The quartet of dragons looked around at each other and shared a small laugh, knowing their gods’ common habits of abstaining from most of their own practices considered necessary for their own lives. The two teams soon reconvened and shared their discoveries before making plans of what steps to take next. These included sharing food supplies and rationing them appropriately, trying to help each other get sleep when they could, and, most importantly working [i]with[/i] each other on any new discoveries that would be made, and there would clearly be a lot of them. It wasn’t until much of the excitement died down that a new problem was noticed. “When was the last time anyone saw the talking statuettes?” Grace asked. As murmurs spread between the group of dragons, it was realized that the two enchanted figures had seemingly vanished. Before anyone could propose anything as to where they had been last seen to where the group could find them, two massive thuds were heard. The group now exchanged glances of curiosity and excitement. “Was that Luminax or -?” Willie tried to ask before being cut off. “Why don’t we go find out?” Marjorie suggested, eagerly running towards the doors before waiting for a reply. The rest of the group followed just as eagerly, and they were all overjoyed to see new light coming into the main entrance hall. The Emperor had finally left the vicinity of the library, the massive doors were open. “Everyone!” Stella called, “look up!” The group obliged, wondering what the Fae had seen. Gasps were then made at the spectacle above them. Where the walls and ceiling had once been bare, they were now covered in beautiful artwork. The centerpiece of one side was a massive fresco of the Arcanist with all four wings spread wide, his arms outstretched. The other side contained a similar fresco of the Lightweaver in the same pose. The outlines of the images held several lines of magic pulsing around them. Both gods looked down at the space between them, and they seemed to subtly smile at the ten dragons on the floor below. “I can’t wait to come back to this place,” Marjorie said. “Definitely,” Stella agreed, “But I am more than willing to rest and to actually eat something more than our rations.” This was met with nods and short statements of agreement from everyone else. [center][emoji=insect size=1] [emoji=meat size=1] [emoji=seafood size=1] [emoji=plant size=1][/center] A few hours later, the two teams were talking in a site just outside the entrance of the library that was quickly going to become their base of operations. Everyone was well-fed and most of them felt far more rested. They were discussing plans for what they wanted to accomplish the next day, who would accomplish it, and what the best way of doing so was. “My map!” Mina exclaimed suddenly. “I was working on making a map of the library, where is it?” “It wasn’t me!” R0seth0rn said quickly. The large group started looking around for the Skydancer’s map scroll. “Found it!” Grace called eventually. “Thank you! Where was it?” Mina asked. “It was back in the entrance hall of the library. You must have dropped it somehow.” Back at the base camp, Mina unrolled to scroll to see if any damage had been done and to show what she had written down so far. “We should make copies of this,” Stella suggested. Winnie patted R0se on the back with a bit of force. The Aether turned and narrowed their eyes before returning their gaze to the map. “Well, if I recall correctly, after the entrance hall was that chamber that led off in several different directions,” Marjorie tapped on the portion of Mina’s map where a rough circle had been drawn to indicate the chamber she mentioned. Suddenly, two lines, one yellow and one pink, appeared on the edges of what Mina had sketched out and moved their way across the parchment. They circled around the area Marjorie had pointed out before dissipating, leaving behind strokes of ink in a perfect circle with several openings that clearly indicated the passages leading to other parts of the library. “Wh- Mina, how did you get the map to do that?” Stella asked. “I didn’t! I’ve been using normal ink this whole time!” Mina explained. “But then who did -?” Stella wondered before cutting herself off, realizing on her own what the only explanation could be. As she did, the two lines of magic reappeared on the paper, and began moving around before settling with an Arcane rune in one corner and a Light rune in the opposite corner. Everyone in the group realized what this meant. “We’ve got a great time ahead of us!” Cassius said excitedly. [center][emoji=arcane rune size=1] [emoji=light rune size=1][/center]
Day Seven: Revelation and Restoration
by @Draco981

To say that the dragons of the Lamplight Expedition Co. and the Sanctum Survey Squad were at the end of their ropes would be a vast understatement. The lack of fresh equipment was making progress increasingly and agonizingly slower. The dwindling food supplies meant everyone was getting cranky and irritable, more so than they had already been with each other. The constant rumbling coming from Luminax’s footsteps above kept everyone on edge, even with the library’s safety features, and also meant that little sleep was had by anyone. Even the Arcane dragons, who may have been used to going sleepless, were showing signs of being worn out due to exhaustion.

That being said, the leaders of both teams were still determined to outdo each other. Unfortunately, they were both focused on the same artifact, and the struggles between a Guardian and a Fae working on the same thing could not have been more present.

“It’s a string of stone beads, alternating pink and white, hardly large enough for either the Arcanist or the Lightweaver to use. Its size makes it large enough for perhaps only the smallest of breeds to use as jewelry, if that’s even what this is,” Stella muttered out loud.

“There isn’t anyone blind here,” Marjorie said dismissively and condescendingly.

“I can tell the pink stones are chalcedony, perhaps signaling the role of the Arcanist in this place,” Stella continued, thankful that her monotone voice was hiding her contempt. “The white beads are evidently calcium-based, but what are they…?”

Her voice trailed off, and she started reaching for a device to allow her to identify the stone. Marjorie chuckled, bringing the necklace up with one talon, taking Stella by surprise: “How do you not know marble when you see it? And these pieces are exquisite! Almost as if -”

The Guardian was caught off guard as she looked toward the string of beads. The two team leaders watched in awe as the string and every bead seemed to grow in size steadily and silently until it was large enough to fit around Marjorie’s forearm.

A gasp was heard and the two team leaders turned to see Winnie and Alwyn both standing nearby, both clearly having seen the event that just transpired.

“Fetch the other team members and bring them here now!” Marjorie ordered Alwyn quickly.

“You too!” Stella added. Both young dragons nodded and quickly ventured off to find the rest of their teams, leaving the two to ponder the implications of the find.

“The Lightweaver and the Arcanist were the only two who had access to this place,” Stella began.

“And the two types of stone present in the chain imply they both had a hand in its creation,” Marjorie continued, adding her own line of thinking. “This would mean that -”

“They worked together on this object!” Stella chimed in.

Marjorie thought a few moments further, “Come to think of it, nearly everything here was made by both deities. If one began, the other finished, and vice versa. That’s an incredible feat of collaboration, they would have had to have developed an immense bond for it,” the Guardian looked back at the beaded chain. “So perhaps that could mean -”

“This was made for that bond!” Stella joined, finishing the thought with Marjorie. The two looked at each other and shared a brief smile.

“OK, but, what is it?” said a new voice. The two team leaders looked up to see that the rest of both of their teams had arrived and were awaiting their word.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Marjorie asked. “It is clearly sacred jewelry used for ritualistic purposes.”

“What kind of rituals?”

“Rituals to strengthen the bond between the Arcanist and Lightweaver,” Stella answered this time.

Mina let out a small laugh. “So it’s a friendship bracelet?”

“No!” Marjorie corrected with a small laugh of her own. “This jeweled band was created in tandem by the Arcanist and Lightweaver as an expression of their mutual trust, support, and affection for one another.”

“...So it’s a friendship bracelet,” Mina concluded.

Stella groaned. “Fine, it’s a friendship bracelet. You happy, you simple-minded beast?”

Marjorie turned back to the Fae and gave a low growl. “I know you didn’t just say that.”

Stella stared straight into Marjorie’s eyes, “I wouldn’t have said it if it weren’t true.”

This statement was met with several growls from the Lamplight Expedition Co.

“Do I need to remind you which member of your team ate an important historical document?” Marjorie said threateningly. R0seth0rn looked guiltily at the floor.

“And how about this one?” Cassius snapped, pointing at Grace, “Always fumbling about and nearly breaking everything they touch!”

“You leave Grace alone!” Winnie warned. More growls soon erupted from the dragons of both teams, the tension in the room was growing exponentially.

“Can’t keep your team in line, can you?” Marjorie taunted Stella, setting the bracelet down. This soon became a mistake, as it directly led into a massive shouting match between every dragon present. The volume in the room was so great it even drowned out the rumblings of the footsteps from Luminax above.

Then, at some point, every dragon in the room heard a sound that brought all of them to alertness and fear. It was the sound of a spell being cast. A beam of magic, pure white and without a clear element began streaking around the room. No one knew who cast it. The beam abruptly shot across the room and struck the bracelet, launching it into the air. Vex dove over and snatched the bracelet before any more potential damage could be done to it. The dragons of both teams almost immediately went back to furiously arguing with each other, now blaming the others for nearly destroying the sacred artifact.

“Oh, will you all quit it!” Vex shouted suddenly at the top of their lungs. The squabbling teams paused momentarily and looked at the Sandsurge. Vex seized this brief moment of their attention that they had. “Look at this!” They shouted, holding up the bracelet in their claw. “This was meant to symbolize and strengthen the bonds of friendship and trust between the Arcanist and the Lightweaver! Now look at all of you. How well do you think you are representing this bond between them?”

The weight of their words quickly sunk in as the two teams gave long looks at each other, reflecting on their actions.

“Why are we even competing like this?” Vex continued. “This place was made entirely as a collaborative effort between our deities, neither of them was trying to outdo the other.”

“I agree,” Mina said, “I know that our influx of supplies and food being cut off has made our progress slow and put all of us on edge, but I think this element of competition between us has made this entire experience not worth it.”

Most of the dragons of both teams nodded in agreement, but Stella and Marjorie stood shocked at the Skydancer’s words.

“How could you say something like that?!” Marjorie asked, appalled.

“Don’t you want to be the one to make the discoveries here?” Stella added.

“Well, yes,” Grace began, “But the way we’ve been doing this seems to directly contradict what our gods had in mind.”

“Yes,” Edward agreed, “The Lightweaver and the Arcanist, both of our flights, were both motivated by the discovery of what they didn’t already know, that pursuit of unheld knowledge, that was why they worked together to make this place; to continue that pursuit together.”

The two team leaders looked skeptical of what they were hearing.

“Stella, Marjorie, if I may,” Mina began, “that brief moment you two spent together figuring out the purpose of the bracelet, and the joy of finally getting to that conclusion, that was your favorite moment out of this entire expedition, am I correct?”

The Guardian and the Fae looked at each other for a moment, still clinging on to that feeling of competition they had. Finally, Stella admitted out loud, “Yes. That moment, that feeling, that’s what I strive for. That is why I chose to work in this profession.”

“Me too,” Marjorie said with a sigh, “I don’t get that kind of excitement from making a discovery in a competition, only collaboration.”

A few moments of silence passed. The two groups of dragons looked at each other in anticipation, then at their leaders for instructions on what to do next.

“I know what this calls for,” Stella announced, not enthusiastically, but formally. “Marjorie, I’m aware that our efforts during this expedition have been strained, and I understand that introducing this element of competition has only worsened this strain for both of us and our teams. It would have been better if we had collaborated on this project to begin with.”

Stella extended her claw, now with a pink glow surrounding it, towards Marjorie. The Guardian understood immediately what was going on.

“And to you, Stella, I understand that your methods of discovery may be rather unorthodox compared to ours, but I acknowledge that that doesn’t make you any less capable of exploring a place such as this. I let my pride get in the way of my thinking when I accepted your challenge, and I agree that we should have worked together.” She extended her own claw, covered in a yellow glow. She nearly reached Stella’s claw before pausing. “So, we’ll split the credit?”

“Yes, that would be best for us,” Stella confirmed.

Marjorie relaxed and, despite the size difference, the two team leaders placed the palms of their claws into each other. Suddenly, the bracelet flew out of Vex’s hand, came undone at one point, and then wrapped itself around Stella and Marjorie’s forearms. As this happened, the glows of the respective magics of the two grew more intense, and then seemed to migrate towards their meeting point. Stella and Marjorie quickly pulled their claws back, afraid and unaware of what was taking place. In the open space their claws left behind, a large white ball of energy floated silently, with two smaller streaks of Arcane and Light magic orbiting around it.
Then, two massive voices emanated through the entire room.

"The bond has been renewed..."
"...The origin must be restored."
Before anyone could openly acknowledge what just happened, the ball of white energy rose up, the streaks of energy orbiting in increasing speed. Then, the energies coalesced before quickly flashing into a massive pink and yellow rune circle with intricate patterns, perfectly symmetrical except for two large circles within it, one with the Arcane rune and the other with Light’s. The circle flashed before dissipating, leaving several streaks of magic behind. The streaks hovered for a moment, before fanning out and spreading all over the room, affecting nearly everything they came near. Both teams watched in awe as all the dust in the room was cleared away, light far brighter than what they had brought filled the space, and, most incredibly of all, the damage and dilapidation brought by time on everything in the room was completely undone, leaving it all in pristine condition.

The dragons looked around them at the spectacle that had unfolded before them. Their gaze fell back to the streaks, which were now hovering above them. Then, as if satisfied with their work, they floated out of the room. No order needed to be given for every dragon to follow them. The streaks then fanned out and spread all over the ancient site.

“Pair up and split up!” Stella and Marjorie ordered in unison. WIthout hesitation, each team member found a dragon of the other element and chased after the streaks, which, notably, were also paired up with the other element.

Cassius and Grace followed a pair into one room, where countless massive shelves had collapsed all over the floor, their contents strewn about. The two watched as the streak of Light magic danced around the walls, restoring the ornate siding to its original grandeur. The Arcane streak flew over the center of the massive pile and briefly flashed brighter. Every object was surrounded in a pink glow as they soon began to float and elegantly began moving around the room and settling in the right place, the books, scrolls, and tablets arranging themselves within the shelves in perfect order. The Light streak, now done refurbishing the walls, circled quickly around the shelves, healing all the damage to them and their contents. Around the library, similar sights were being seen. Edward and Vex were surprised to see a pair of streaks repairing the damage from the collapsed tunnels, perfectly fixing the falling stones and cleaning up the debris.

Vex approached a section of the ceiling and tested it. “It’s perfect. I’ve never seen anything as strong as this.”

Elsewhere, R0seth0rn and Mina discovered a room with a massive underground spring. The streaks they followed danced around the room, and began a massive sequence of events. Stones in the water flew up and repositioned themselves in the ceiling, which was soon carved into a large dome structure. The Aether and Skydancer were surprised to see areas of soil around the spring, not having been able to see it without the new light provided. They were more shocked to see the two streaks dive into the soil, and from it sprouted dozens of plants, growing into plants native to both the Starfall Isles and the Sunbream Ruins. The plants grew bounties of flowers and fruit.

“Oh, thank goodness,” R0se said, darting towards the awaiting meal, but she was stopped as Mina grabbed her.

“We shouldn’t. This place was meant for our gods, we shouldn’t disturb anything we don’t need to.”

In a nearby room, Winnie and Alwyn were amazed at the restoration of two massive fields of exquisitely soft fabric, one in yellow, and the other in white. Next to both were two equally large pedestals that looked to be more like tables, one in marble and the other of pink chalcedony. Winnie spotted something on the marble pedestal and flew up to investigate it as Stella and Marjorie came into the room.

“Come and look at this!” Winnie called. The other three dragons flew up to see. It was a large stone tablet with something clearly carved into it.

“That’s the ancient runic dialect of the Lightweaver herself!” Marjorie excitedly pointed out. “She wrote: ‘While we may not need them ourselves, we must agree that some mortal luxuries are definitely as justified as our children claim.’”

The quartet of dragons looked around at each other and shared a small laugh, knowing their gods’ common habits of abstaining from most of their own practices considered necessary for their own lives.

The two teams soon reconvened and shared their discoveries before making plans of what steps to take next. These included sharing food supplies and rationing them appropriately, trying to help each other get sleep when they could, and, most importantly working with each other on any new discoveries that would be made, and there would clearly be a lot of them. It wasn’t until much of the excitement died down that a new problem was noticed.

“When was the last time anyone saw the talking statuettes?” Grace asked. As murmurs spread between the group of dragons, it was realized that the two enchanted figures had seemingly vanished. Before anyone could propose anything as to where they had been last seen to where the group could find them, two massive thuds were heard. The group now exchanged glances of curiosity and excitement.

“Was that Luminax or -?” Willie tried to ask before being cut off.

“Why don’t we go find out?” Marjorie suggested, eagerly running towards the doors before waiting for a reply. The rest of the group followed just as eagerly, and they were all overjoyed to see new light coming into the main entrance hall. The Emperor had finally left the vicinity of the library, the massive doors were open.

“Everyone!” Stella called, “look up!”

The group obliged, wondering what the Fae had seen. Gasps were then made at the spectacle above them. Where the walls and ceiling had once been bare, they were now covered in beautiful artwork. The centerpiece of one side was a massive fresco of the Arcanist with all four wings spread wide, his arms outstretched. The other side contained a similar fresco of the Lightweaver in the same pose. The outlines of the images held several lines of magic pulsing around them. Both gods looked down at the space between them, and they seemed to subtly smile at the ten dragons on the floor below.

“I can’t wait to come back to this place,” Marjorie said.

“Definitely,” Stella agreed, “But I am more than willing to rest and to actually eat something more than our rations.” This was met with nods and short statements of agreement from everyone else.
A few hours later, the two teams were talking in a site just outside the entrance of the library that was quickly going to become their base of operations. Everyone was well-fed and most of them felt far more rested. They were discussing plans for what they wanted to accomplish the next day, who would accomplish it, and what the best way of doing so was.

“My map!” Mina exclaimed suddenly. “I was working on making a map of the library, where is it?”

“It wasn’t me!” R0seth0rn said quickly. The large group started looking around for the Skydancer’s map scroll.

“Found it!” Grace called eventually.

“Thank you! Where was it?” Mina asked.

“It was back in the entrance hall of the library. You must have dropped it somehow.”

Back at the base camp, Mina unrolled to scroll to see if any damage had been done and to show what she had written down so far.

“We should make copies of this,” Stella suggested. Winnie patted R0se on the back with a bit of force. The Aether turned and narrowed their eyes before returning their gaze to the map.

“Well, if I recall correctly, after the entrance hall was that chamber that led off in several different directions,” Marjorie tapped on the portion of Mina’s map where a rough circle had been drawn to indicate the chamber she mentioned. Suddenly, two lines, one yellow and one pink, appeared on the edges of what Mina had sketched out and moved their way across the parchment. They circled around the area Marjorie had pointed out before dissipating, leaving behind strokes of ink in a perfect circle with several openings that clearly indicated the passages leading to other parts of the library.

“Wh- Mina, how did you get the map to do that?” Stella asked.

“I didn’t! I’ve been using normal ink this whole time!” Mina explained.

“But then who did -?” Stella wondered before cutting herself off, realizing on her own what the only explanation could be. As she did, the two lines of magic reappeared on the paper, and began moving around before settling with an Arcane rune in one corner and a Light rune in the opposite corner. Everyone in the group realized what this meant.

“We’ve got a great time ahead of us!” Cassius said excitedly.
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2