Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what do snappers use their wings for?
1 2
they're landbound, so it's definitely not flight.
i can only imagine they use their wings as shields? assuming their wings are as hardy as the rest of their bodies. maybe they use their wings to block blows in battle, or to shield their faces/eyes during dusters.

is there any canon use for their wings? or are they a vestigial trait?
they're landbound, so it's definitely not flight.
i can only imagine they use their wings as shields? assuming their wings are as hardy as the rest of their bodies. maybe they use their wings to block blows in battle, or to shield their faces/eyes during dusters.

is there any canon use for their wings? or are they a vestigial trait?
SHIRE
IT/ITS
FR+2
ENG/ES/PT-BR
PINGS OKAY!
aAomFUL.gif
maybe its for balancing reasons, so they can rear up to unearth water under the dirt and not worry about falling. not really sure though? its definitely a thought now tho lol
maybe its for balancing reasons, so they can rear up to unearth water under the dirt and not worry about falling. not really sure though? its definitely a thought now tho lol
Clay/Hazel/Blake
They/Them and He/Him

tumblr_inline_ny7iucYIcg1qmzhvw_540.png
Decoration :)
Decoration :)
I remember reading a theory about why Dimetrodon has a sail, in that it helps with thermoregulation, so perhaps a Snapper's wings could serve a similar purpose. They use it to disperse heat or likewise to gather more body heat.
I remember reading a theory about why Dimetrodon has a sail, in that it helps with thermoregulation, so perhaps a Snapper's wings could serve a similar purpose. They use it to disperse heat or likewise to gather more body heat.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="Recallback" date="2023-02-10 12:21:37" ] I remember reading a theory about why Dimetrodon has a sail, in that it helps with thermoregulation, so perhaps a Snapper's wings could serve a similar purpose. They use it to disperse heat or likewise to gather more body heat. [/quote] Elephants have big ears for the same reason.
Recallback wrote on 2023-02-10 12:21:37:

Elephants have big ears for the same reason.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
Funsies.
Funsies.
When it's very hot outside, they flap their wing very fast to cool down other dragons :)

Such nice guys
When it's very hot outside, they flap their wing very fast to cool down other dragons :)

Such nice guys
67085598.png Come wreak havoc with me
for playing peek-a-boo
for playing peek-a-boo
eP65k0J.png
Whatever they want.
Whatever they want.
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
I like the heat regulation theory
I like the heat regulation theory
1 2