Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are all of the...
1 2
....Festival familiar themes in that one Tomo question used up now? I'm assuming slinks count as the ferrets, but I can't remember the others so I decided to ask here. I swear my brain is made of sand. [emoji=veilspun tongue size=2]
....Festival familiar themes in that one Tomo question used up now? I'm assuming slinks count as the ferrets, but I can't remember the others so I decided to ask here.

I swear my brain is made of sand.
JGnDE4d.gif
Parrots. I now really want parrots
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Natron" date="2023-01-22 18:23:03" ] Parrots. I now really want parrots [/quote] Ooh, interesting indeed [emoji=coatl happy size=2]
Natron wrote on 2023-01-22 18:23:03:

Ooh, interesting indeed
JGnDE4d.gif
Bird fams please I was originally planning on making 11 fake bird fams, pigeons more specifically.
Bird fams please I was originally planning on making 11 fake bird fams, pigeons more specifically.
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
I still want Squirrels
I still want Squirrels
Yes, my name is strangely spelled.
~~~~~~~~~~

I am not a hoarder. I am, in fact, the caretaker of an exquisitely curated collection of Level 25 Dragons. Yes, there is so a difference.
[quote name="Talonmaster" date="2023-01-22 21:27:06" ] Bird fams please I was originally planning on making 11 fake bird fams, pigeons more specifically. [/quote] I'd love elemental pigeons, are you kidding. [s]Maybe it'd be what finally pushes me to make Hatoful fandragons.[/s] But why settle for just one species of bird, when you can have a bird to represent every flight? I'll make some doodles, but here is Recall's complete list of festival bird familiars: [b]Light:[/b] Sundrop Peacock, these guys are all about being gaudy and pretty so they should have the gaudiest pretty bird of them all. [b]Fire:[/b] Ashen Emu, I have no justification for this one I just really want an emu who's designed like a pheonix. [b]Lightning:[/b] Sparking Roadrunner, tis a very desert-y bird. [b]Arcane:[/b] Runic Owl, we're the knowledge flight we deserve a huge owl. Or some really, really weird looking bird like a Potoo. [b]Plague:[/b] Infested Vulture, but specifically I think it should either lean super super scrungy or look like a bearded vulture. Just so it stands out. [b]Earth:[/b] If Arcane doesn't get an owl, then these guys should for sure get a Burrowing Owl. Otherwise, I really wanna say a Kiwi..... they just seem like an Earth bird to me. They're flightless and dopey, it's just like Snappers fr [b]Ice:[/b] Penguin :) [b]Shadow:[/b] Raven would be the easy choice but it's kinda lazy in a not fun way to me, I'm gonna instead propose a Lyrebird. Thematically goes well, and they're kinda fancy looking birds, could easily strike the sorta circus aesthetic Shadow goes for sometimes. [b]Water:[/b] A goose is a very generic choice, but I want a goose familiar. We have swans, and we have ducks, it is time for the Gooselord. [b]Nature:[/b] Blooming Parrot, parrot is a mandatory bird in here somewhere and I think thematically it suits Nature the most. Give them some big bright badboy. [b]Wind:[/b] Gustbound Falcon, falcons are some of the fastest birds out there and that feels right for Wind. In my minds eye, it also just looks correct in the aesthetics there. ...... But also, I do want a Pigeon. I think a Pigeon could work for Wind or Arcane, due to their historic use as messenger birds, maybe Arcane moreso because they're very smart birdies and tend towards urban areas (which Arcane sure does have). You could make it Plague if you wanted to be super mean, since some people call em flying rats :( Making it the Light bird would be the ultimate subversion though and I'd applaud it. So anyway. Elemental birds. Get on it, FR.
Talonmaster wrote on 2023-01-22 21:27:06:
I'd love elemental pigeons, are you kidding. Maybe it'd be what finally pushes me to make Hatoful fandragons.

But why settle for just one species of bird, when you can have a bird to represent every flight? I'll make some doodles, but here is Recall's complete list of festival bird familiars:
Light: Sundrop Peacock, these guys are all about being gaudy and pretty so they should have the gaudiest pretty bird of them all.
Fire: Ashen Emu, I have no justification for this one I just really want an emu who's designed like a pheonix.
Lightning: Sparking Roadrunner, tis a very desert-y bird.
Arcane: Runic Owl, we're the knowledge flight we deserve a huge owl. Or some really, really weird looking bird like a Potoo.
Plague: Infested Vulture, but specifically I think it should either lean super super scrungy or look like a bearded vulture. Just so it stands out.
Earth: If Arcane doesn't get an owl, then these guys should for sure get a Burrowing Owl. Otherwise, I really wanna say a Kiwi..... they just seem like an Earth bird to me. They're flightless and dopey, it's just like Snappers fr
Ice: Penguin :)
Shadow: Raven would be the easy choice but it's kinda lazy in a not fun way to me, I'm gonna instead propose a Lyrebird. Thematically goes well, and they're kinda fancy looking birds, could easily strike the sorta circus aesthetic Shadow goes for sometimes.
Water: A goose is a very generic choice, but I want a goose familiar. We have swans, and we have ducks, it is time for the Gooselord.
Nature: Blooming Parrot, parrot is a mandatory bird in here somewhere and I think thematically it suits Nature the most. Give them some big bright badboy.
Wind: Gustbound Falcon, falcons are some of the fastest birds out there and that feels right for Wind. In my minds eye, it also just looks correct in the aesthetics there.
...... But also, I do want a Pigeon. I think a Pigeon could work for Wind or Arcane, due to their historic use as messenger birds, maybe Arcane moreso because they're very smart birdies and tend towards urban areas (which Arcane sure does have). You could make it Plague if you wanted to be super mean, since some people call em flying rats :( Making it the Light bird would be the ultimate subversion though and I'd applaud it.

So anyway. Elemental birds. Get on it, FR.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="Recallback" date="2023-01-22 22:09:36" ] [b]Ice:[/b] Penguin :) [/quote] But what if white-tailed eagle or northern fulmar? Personally I'd go with the fulmar because it's supposed to be one of the longest-lived birds out there, and that feels like a pretty good fit for Ice. Also apparently they spray predators and stuff with nasty stomach juice, and I feel like the gaolers still keeping things locked up in the Fortress of Ends would get on great with an icy acid-spraying bird to help them keep their prisoners from escaping. Alternately, the white-tailed eagle is more visually appealing, and I feel like a raptor would make for a good Ice bird.
Recallback wrote on 2023-01-22 22:09:36:

But what if white-tailed eagle or northern fulmar?

Personally I'd go with the fulmar because it's supposed to be one of the longest-lived birds out there, and that feels like a pretty good fit for Ice. Also apparently they spray predators and stuff with nasty stomach juice, and I feel like the gaolers still keeping things locked up in the Fortress of Ends would get on great with an icy acid-spraying bird to help them keep their prisoners from escaping.

Alternately, the white-tailed eagle is more visually appealing, and I feel like a raptor would make for a good Ice bird.
[quote name="Maelstrym" date="2023-01-23 02:21:50" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2023-01-22 22:09:36" ] [b]Ice:[/b] Penguin :) [/quote] But what if white-tailed eagle or northern fulmar? Personally I'd go with the fulmar because it's supposed to be one of the longest-lived birds out there, and that feels like a pretty good fit for Ice. Also apparently they spray predators and stuff with nasty stomach juice, and I feel like the gaolers still keeping things locked up in the Fortress of Ends would get on great with an icy acid-spraying bird to help them keep their prisoners from escaping. Alternately, the white-tailed eagle is more visually appealing, and I feel like a raptor would make for a good Ice bird. [/quote] I hear your proposal, and I accept it. Is my acceptance based largely on the fact that Northern Fulmar's kind of look like a fancy seagull, and I enjoy the idea of assigning Ice flight the imposter menace of the sky? Yes. But I think that's merely another good point on the list you already have.
Maelstrym wrote on 2023-01-23 02:21:50:
Recallback wrote on 2023-01-22 22:09:36:

But what if white-tailed eagle or northern fulmar?

Personally I'd go with the fulmar because it's supposed to be one of the longest-lived birds out there, and that feels like a pretty good fit for Ice. Also apparently they spray predators and stuff with nasty stomach juice, and I feel like the gaolers still keeping things locked up in the Fortress of Ends would get on great with an icy acid-spraying bird to help them keep their prisoners from escaping.

Alternately, the white-tailed eagle is more visually appealing, and I feel like a raptor would make for a good Ice bird.

I hear your proposal, and I accept it. Is my acceptance based largely on the fact that Northern Fulmar's kind of look like a fancy seagull, and I enjoy the idea of assigning Ice flight the imposter menace of the sky? Yes. But I think that's merely another good point on the list you already have.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
a bird set sounds so fun this should happen i also still really like my idea of a fest fam set based on the fr-only non-beastclan familiar species, quoting here [quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2022-04-27 06:48:44" ] [quote name="PixelSpiral" date="2022-04-22 10:32:14" ] i still want a set of fams themed around flight rising exclusive non-beastclan species. like noggles for example. lemme come up with something!!! light - seeker lightning - pocketmouse (might be living unlike the golem workshop ones to differentiate itself) fire - noggle (swims through lava) arcane - cerdae (starwood strand like) plague - webwing earth - fuiran ice - river flight (very fluffy, adapted for hunting in ice cold waters) shadow - strangler (disguising as a bramble) wind - buttersnake water - toridae nature - skira [/quote] hrm [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/521051713533247498/968871285499256832/im_procrastinating.png[/img] [/quote]
a bird set sounds so fun this should happen
i also still really like my idea of a fest fam set based on the fr-only non-beastclan familiar species, quoting here
PixelSpiral wrote on 2022-04-27 06:48:44:
PixelSpiral wrote on 2022-04-22 10:32:14:
i still want a set of fams themed around flight rising exclusive non-beastclan species. like noggles for example. lemme come up with something!!!

light - seeker
lightning - pocketmouse (might be living unlike the golem workshop ones to differentiate itself)
fire - noggle (swims through lava)
arcane - cerdae (starwood strand like)
plague - webwing
earth - fuiran
ice - river flight (very fluffy, adapted for hunting in ice cold waters)
shadow - strangler (disguising as a bramble)
wind - buttersnake
water - toridae
nature - skira
hrm
im_procrastinating.png
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I want bunnies, did you ever notice we don't have many bunny familiars? Please, feed my obsession with bunnies FR! (Actually I just want a cute, fat albino bunny to give to my pet buns memorial dragon <.<)
I want bunnies, did you ever notice we don't have many bunny familiars? Please, feed my obsession with bunnies FR! (Actually I just want a cute, fat albino bunny to give to my pet buns memorial dragon <.<)
1 2