Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Undertides hate papa?
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Reilata" date="2022-11-22 14:03:10" ] Just up and leaving seems to be a thing in Water. [/quote] This is the funniest thing oh my god
Reilata wrote on 2022-11-22 14:03:10:
Just up and leaving seems to be a thing in Water.

This is the funniest thing oh my god
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
To be fair, Guardians do up and leave, just to find something/somewhere/someone to essentially never abandon for the rest of their lives.
To be fair, Guardians do up and leave, just to find something/somewhere/someone to essentially never abandon for the rest of their lives.
The funny thing is, I’m sure Tidelord foresaw that the Undertides would leave when he made Guardians and he did it anyway
The funny thing is, I’m sure Tidelord foresaw that the Undertides would leave when he made Guardians and he did it anyway
[quote name="Temora" date="2022-11-22 14:25:44" ] The funny thing is, I’m sure Tidelord foresaw that the Undertides would leave when he made Guardians and he did it anyway [/quote] True, isn't he kind of The Prophecy Guy? According to the stories in the Encyclopedia, receiving his prophecies seems to be a huge part of Water culture and society. Probably why him leaving had such a huge impact.
Temora wrote on 2022-11-22 14:25:44:
True, isn't he kind of The Prophecy Guy? According to the stories in the Encyclopedia, receiving his prophecies seems to be a huge part of Water culture and society. Probably why him leaving had such a huge impact.
Ok after spending some thought. I think the reason for Undertide's hatred is a bit more deep than sibling's envy.

Undertides were likely created in The First Age. When the deities were fighting about how Sornieth should be and they all want their elements to dominate. Tidelord wanted "more water". He probably vison Sornieth with only the sky and an endless sea. Undertides were created with that in mind, hence they are "formidable opponents in air and sea", but "ungainly and encumbered on land".

Years later, Tidelord realizes he can't go full team aqua on Sornieth so he made Guardian, a much more versatile dragon breed can live anywhere, trade off for unable to dive deep.

The promised home with endless sea never can be reality. Their younger siblings are more suit for the current world. Undertides feel betrayed, they forsake their god and dive deeper to search for a new home.

If my theory was right, Tidelord deserves to be called an omniscient fool.
Ok after spending some thought. I think the reason for Undertide's hatred is a bit more deep than sibling's envy.

Undertides were likely created in The First Age. When the deities were fighting about how Sornieth should be and they all want their elements to dominate. Tidelord wanted "more water". He probably vison Sornieth with only the sky and an endless sea. Undertides were created with that in mind, hence they are "formidable opponents in air and sea", but "ungainly and encumbered on land".

Years later, Tidelord realizes he can't go full team aqua on Sornieth so he made Guardian, a much more versatile dragon breed can live anywhere, trade off for unable to dive deep.

The promised home with endless sea never can be reality. Their younger siblings are more suit for the current world. Undertides feel betrayed, they forsake their god and dive deeper to search for a new home.

GkKw54H.png
[quote name="5H4D0WDU57" date="2022-11-22 14:39:25" ] Ok after spending some thought. I think the reason for Undertide's hatred is a bit more deep than sibling's envy. Undertides were likely created in The First Age. When the deities were fighting about how Sornieth should be and they all want their elements to dominate. Tidelord wanted "more water". He probably vison Sornieth with only the sky and an endless sea. Undertides were created with that in mind, hence they are "formidable opponents in air and sea", but "ungainly and encumbered on land". Years later, Tidelord realizes he can't go full team aqua on Sornieth so he made Guardian, a much more versatile dragon breed can live anywhere, trade off for unable to dive deep. The promised home with endless sea never can be reality. Their younger siblings are more suit for the current world. Undertides feel betrayed, they forsake their god and dive deeper to search for a new home. If my theory was right, Tidelord deserves to be called an omniscient fool. [/quote] i don't think this is possible - not all of the deities existed in the first age, and it's said in the epilogue (which marks the end of the THIRD age!) that: [quote="Epilogue"]The Eleven founded their eventual homes around the largest slabs of the Pillar that had come to rest across the realm. Although separated and cloistered, they still held a powerful connection to the monument that once shielded their world from darkness. To further guard these relics, the wyrms used their respective magics to create children in their image. Dragonkind was born.[/quote] so i don't think the undertides would have existed prior to the general creation of dragonkind itself. that said, the only downsides for the undertides are when they are [i]grounded[/i] - the implication being that their wings were rendered unusable. they are apparently very good fliers! [quote="Encyclopedia Entry]These dragons are highly adapted to rapid pressure changes, and can tolerate the crushing pressure of the abyssal depths [b]and the thin air of the stratosphere.[/b] .. Their bite is tenacious, and they can drag their opponents to crushing depths [b]or dizzying heights.[/b] ... [b]Though Undertides are a formidable opponent in air[/b] and sea, they are ungainly and encumbered on land. A grounded Undertide is a vulnerable one. [/quote] so i think they can get around just fine, given that their wings are intact. i don't think they hate their bodies at all!
5H4D0WDU57 wrote on 2022-11-22 14:39:25:

i don't think this is possible - not all of the deities existed in the first age, and it's said in the epilogue (which marks the end of the THIRD age!) that:
Epilogue wrote:
The Eleven founded their eventual homes around the largest slabs of the Pillar that had come to rest across the realm. Although separated and cloistered, they still held a powerful connection to the monument that once shielded their world from darkness.

To further guard these relics, the wyrms used their respective magics to create children in their image.

Dragonkind was born.

so i don't think the undertides would have existed prior to the general creation of dragonkind itself. that said, the only downsides for the undertides are when they are grounded - the implication being that their wings were rendered unusable. they are apparently very good fliers!
"Encyclopedia wrote:
These dragons are highly adapted to rapid pressure changes, and can tolerate the crushing pressure of the abyssal depths and the thin air of the stratosphere.

Their bite is tenacious, and they can drag their opponents to crushing depths or dizzying heights.

Though Undertides are a formidable opponent in air and sea, they are ungainly and encumbered on land. A grounded Undertide is a vulnerable one.

so i think they can get around just fine, given that their wings are intact. i don't think they hate their bodies at all!
Coastline-Sawbeak.png 5OZS7SI.png
bYt72YT.png
LRdLP2V.png
JvUa9ma.png
oouioVf.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
11efmKl.png
[quote=Sevi]so i think they can get around just fine, given that their wings are intact. i don't think they hate their bodies at all![/quote] To be perfectly fair, they don't have hands. Or feet. I mean, [i]technically[/i] they have hands, but the arms are stunted and the fingers are basically huge fins. So they can't do a lot of things. They probably highly rely on their Maren friends for building the shared cities and keeping records. It's worth noting that to move on land they'd either have to try and slither or flutter their wings to drag themselves. Like wing membranes, I'd imagine their fins could easily be crushed under their own weight so they'd have to be careful. Edit: spelling
Sevi wrote:
so i think they can get around just fine, given that their wings are intact. i don't think they hate their bodies at all!

To be perfectly fair, they don't have hands. Or feet.

I mean, technically they have hands, but the arms are stunted and the fingers are basically huge fins. So they can't do a lot of things. They probably highly rely on their Maren friends for building the shared cities and keeping records.

It's worth noting that to move on land they'd either have to try and slither or flutter their wings to drag themselves. Like wing membranes, I'd imagine their fins could easily be crushed under their own weight so they'd have to be careful.

Edit: spelling
[quote name="5H4D0WDU57" date="2022-11-22 14:39:25" ] Ok after spending some thought. I think the reason for Undertide's hatred is a bit more deep than sibling's envy. Undertides were likely created in The First Age. When the deities were fighting about how Sornieth should be and they all want their elements to dominate. Tidelord wanted "more water". He probably vison Sornieth with only the sky and an endless sea. Undertides were created with that in mind, hence they are "formidable opponents in air and sea", but "ungainly and encumbered on land". Years later, Tidelord realizes he can't go full team aqua on Sornieth so he made Guardian, a much more versatile dragon breed can live anywhere, trade off for unable to dive deep. The promised home with endless sea never can be reality. Their younger siblings are more suit for the current world. Undertides feel betrayed, they forsake their god and dive deeper to search for a new home. If my theory was right, Tidelord deserves to be called an omniscient fool. [/quote] I like this take! Perhaps some small beta- ancients were made of all elements the ancestors to UHs being one of them, and that hatred grew generational. Or maybe in the very eaely 3rd age, the deities still were making territory and still had some competitive spirit, and the Tidelord,perhaps in an act of recklessness and longing for power and the 1st age, promised a labd that wpuld never happen since y'know, 10 other deities live here. Another theory is that this isnt the first time tidelord vanished. Perhaps after making a promise of glory he dissapeared, and made the Gaurdians when he came back as he realized a more versatile adaptable dragon is what he needed, and so the UHs feel even more betrayed.
5H4D0WDU57 wrote on 2022-11-22 14:39:25:

I like this take! Perhaps some small beta- ancients were made of all elements the ancestors to UHs being one of them, and that hatred grew generational. Or maybe in the very eaely 3rd age, the deities still were making territory and still had some competitive spirit, and the Tidelord,perhaps in an act of recklessness and longing for power and the 1st age, promised a labd that wpuld never happen since y'know, 10 other deities live here. Another theory is that this isnt the first time tidelord vanished. Perhaps after making a promise of glory he dissapeared, and made the Gaurdians when he came back as he realized a more versatile adaptable dragon is what he needed, and so the UHs feel even more betrayed.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
[quote name="Eucyon" date="2022-11-22 14:14:45" ] [quote name="Reilata" date="2022-11-22 14:03:10" ] Just up and leaving seems to be a thing in Water. [/quote] This is the funniest thing oh my god [/quote] Omg they hate tidelord because they are to similar..haha we always hate those that remind us of our flaws.
Eucyon wrote on 2022-11-22 14:14:45:

This is the funniest thing oh my god

Omg they hate tidelord because they are to similar..haha we always hate those that remind us of our flaws.
A5i3AHB.png
[quote name="Lionturtle" date="2022-11-22 14:06:22" ] [quote name="Reilata" date="2022-11-22 14:03:10" ]Just up and leaving seems to be a thing in Water.[/quote] Wow everybody tether your Guardians quick- - holy aioli, is that why Tidelord gave Guardians the Protecc instinct? to counter the Nope instinct inherent to water flight?? [/quote] it's cause you gotta roll with the waves or you'll drown c:
Lionturtle wrote on 2022-11-22 14:06:22:

Wow everybody tether your Guardians quick-

- holy aioli,
is that why Tidelord gave Guardians the Protecc instinct? to counter the Nope instinct inherent to water flight??

it's cause you gotta roll with the waves or you'll drown c:
1 2 3 4