Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Water Ancient Design Inspo?
1 2 3
[quote name="vihuff" date="2022-11-20 19:46:00" ] [quote name="Scintillia" date="2022-11-20 19:25:30" ] I mean, its gonna need to have legs because how else would it make sense in everyones lairs, but a leggified Plesiosaur sounds cool, too :> [/quote] There's no reason it has to have legs. They could also get around by magic, flying, or slithering. Walking is not the only form of travel. Plus there are things like seals and fish that use their fins to walk, so normal legs aren't always necessary. [/quote] should've been more specific on my part, lol. Some realistic form of land travel was what I meant, not necessarily legs. Ancients, generally, were made to help spread their flight and take over Sornieth, so it wouldn't make sense if it just had flippers that made it like, mudskipper its way across the floor. I like the fin idea, it just doesn't seem like it'd be able to, well, do much... maybe an eel dragon with marine iguana legs would do good, lol. edit: I mean, a fully aquatic dragon with no coherent/convenient method of land travel wouldn't really make sense, in the whole "oo go my ancients to conquer Sornieth" agenda
vihuff wrote on 2022-11-20 19:46:00:
Scintillia wrote on 2022-11-20 19:25:30:
I mean, its gonna need to have legs because how else would it make sense in everyones lairs, but a leggified Plesiosaur sounds cool, too :>
There's no reason it has to have legs. They could also get around by magic, flying, or slithering. Walking is not the only form of travel. Plus there are things like seals and fish that use their fins to walk, so normal legs aren't always necessary.

should've been more specific on my part, lol. Some realistic form of land travel was what I meant, not necessarily legs. Ancients, generally, were made to help spread their flight and take over Sornieth, so it wouldn't make sense if it just had flippers that made it like, mudskipper its way across the floor.

I like the fin idea, it just doesn't seem like it'd be able to, well, do much... maybe an eel dragon with marine iguana legs would do good, lol.

edit: I mean, a fully aquatic dragon with no coherent/convenient method of land travel wouldn't really make sense, in the whole "oo go my ancients to conquer Sornieth" agenda

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
[quote name="Scintillia" date="2022-11-20 19:52:17" ] edit: I mean, a fully aquatic dragon with no coherent/convenient method of land travel wouldn't really make sense, in the whole "oo go my ancients to conquer Sornieth" agenda [/quote] This is complete speculation, but they can be completely aquatic if part of the conquest was completely flooding and submerging land. The water ancient calls upon a tsunami, floods the area, and then picks off the enemy dragons who are not as nimble in the water. Profit.
Scintillia wrote on 2022-11-20 19:52:17:
edit: I mean, a fully aquatic dragon with no coherent/convenient method of land travel wouldn't really make sense, in the whole "oo go my ancients to conquer Sornieth" agenda
This is complete speculation, but they can be completely aquatic if part of the conquest was completely flooding and submerging land. The water ancient calls upon a tsunami, floods the area, and then picks off the enemy dragons who are not as nimble in the water. Profit.
plague_banner.png he/him
FR+0
adult
75965002.png
[quote name="darkviverna" date="2022-11-20 21:07:55" ] [quote name="Scintillia" date="2022-11-20 19:52:17" ] edit: I mean, a fully aquatic dragon with no coherent/convenient method of land travel wouldn't really make sense, in the whole "oo go my ancients to conquer Sornieth" agenda [/quote] This is complete speculation, but they can be completely aquatic if part of the conquest was completely flooding and submerging land. The water ancient calls upon a tsunami, floods the area, and then picks off the enemy dragons who are not as nimble in the water. Profit. [/quote] Another possibility is that the water ancient was created to prevent any dragons from daring to enter the tidelord's territory.
darkviverna wrote on 2022-11-20 21:07:55:
This is complete speculation, but they can be completely aquatic if part of the conquest was completely flooding and submerging land. The water ancient calls upon a tsunami, floods the area, and then picks off the enemy dragons who are not as nimble in the water. Profit.

Another possibility is that the water ancient was created to prevent any dragons from daring to enter the tidelord's territory.
All pings are welcome. I like messages and all social interaction!
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gifWishlisttumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gifAvatar Dragontumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
I hoard Crunchy Moth Legs (Its weird, I know). Current Leg total: 1796
[quote name="TheBeeMafia" date="2022-11-20 21:21:44" ] [quote name="darkviverna" date="2022-11-20 21:07:55" ] [quote name="Scintillia" date="2022-11-20 19:52:17" ] edit: I mean, a fully aquatic dragon with no coherent/convenient method of land travel wouldn't really make sense, in the whole "oo go my ancients to conquer Sornieth" agenda [/quote] This is complete speculation, but they can be completely aquatic if part of the conquest was completely flooding and submerging land. The water ancient calls upon a tsunami, floods the area, and then picks off the enemy dragons who are not as nimble in the water. Profit. [/quote] Another possibility is that the water ancient was created to prevent any dragons from daring to enter the tidelord's territory. [/quote] I mean, sounds good lore wise; however, I feel a lot of players would prefer some obvious way of living on land so that they can be incorporated into personal/player lore easier
TheBeeMafia wrote on 2022-11-20 21:21:44:
darkviverna wrote on 2022-11-20 21:07:55:

Another possibility is that the water ancient was created to prevent any dragons from daring to enter the tidelord's territory.

I mean, sounds good lore wise; however, I feel a lot of players would prefer some obvious way of living on land so that they can be incorporated into personal/player lore easier

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
I am thinking of [i]Spinosaurus[/i]! Although it is true that, considering that dinosaurs and dragons are two completely different things (the former are ancient creatures with many shapes based on their environment and other factors, while the latter can look like anything one imagines), perhaps the ancient water breed will not refer to any existing dinosaurs, but [b]Spinosaurus[/b], so to speak, perfectly fulfils the points of "it has to be able to walk on land " and "it had the element of water". The recently recreated image of the Egyptian Spinosaurus looks very cool! I wonder how many of you think the same as I do. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/9MGx8jkH/926ea4d4d0649a55.jpg[/img] (Googled and get this one. Don't know who is the artist.)
I am thinking of Spinosaurus!

Although it is true that, considering that dinosaurs and dragons are two completely different things (the former are ancient creatures with many shapes based on their environment and other factors, while the latter can look like anything one imagines), perhaps the ancient water breed will not refer to any existing dinosaurs, but Spinosaurus, so to speak, perfectly fulfils the points of "it has to be able to walk on land " and "it had the element of water".
The recently recreated image of the Egyptian Spinosaurus looks very cool! I wonder how many of you think the same as I do.

926ea4d4d0649a55.jpg
(Googled and get this one. Don't know who is the artist.)
1.gif
[quote name="Scintillia" date="2022-11-20 19:52:17" ] should've been more specific on my part, lol. Some realistic form of land travel was what I meant, not necessarily legs. Ancients, generally, were made to help spread their flight and take over Sornieth, so it wouldn't make sense if it just had flippers that made it like, mudskipper its way across the floor. I like the fin idea, it just doesn't seem like it'd be able to, well, do much... maybe an eel dragon with marine iguana legs would do good, lol. edit: I mean, a fully aquatic dragon with no coherent/convenient method of land travel wouldn't really make sense, in the whole "oo go my ancients to conquer Sornieth" agenda [/quote] Considering that the ancients no longer have to follow the limb count rule, a lot of people are really wanting to see things like serpents, wyrms, and amphitheres. By your reasoning they would never exist simply because they don't have legs. I doubt the admins would completely cut out entire types of dragons and cut their creativity over legs when dragons can have other modes of travel. Especially since there isn't supposed to be anything holding them back now. If we only get things with legs we'd only get true dragons, drakes, and wyverns. Possibly lindwyrms depending on what you consider reasonable land travel. That's pretty limited for something without limits. It would be pretty disappointing if we never got anything even remotely different.
should've been more specific on my part, lol. Some realistic form of land travel was what I meant, not necessarily legs. Ancients, generally, were made to help spread their flight and take over Sornieth, so it wouldn't make sense if it just had flippers that made it like, mudskipper its way across the floor.

I like the fin idea, it just doesn't seem like it'd be able to, well, do much... maybe an eel dragon with marine iguana legs would do good, lol.

Considering that the ancients no longer have to follow the limb count rule, a lot of people are really wanting to see things like serpents, wyrms, and amphitheres. By your reasoning they would never exist simply because they don't have legs. I doubt the admins would completely cut out entire types of dragons and cut their creativity over legs when dragons can have other modes of travel. Especially since there isn't supposed to be anything holding them back now.

If we only get things with legs we'd only get true dragons, drakes, and wyverns. Possibly lindwyrms depending on what you consider reasonable land travel. That's pretty limited for something without limits. It would be pretty disappointing if we never got anything even remotely different.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I hope it either has tentacles or is a huge bone fish. Like. HUGE HUGE.

Anyways water ancient with no legs make sense to me. Make them conquer the entire sea, and drown sornieth under them!

Also like. huge dragon with like, a gene that makes them covered in plants would be fun. like a living, gargantuan home. living garden?
I hope it either has tentacles or is a huge bone fish. Like. HUGE HUGE.

Anyways water ancient with no legs make sense to me. Make them conquer the entire sea, and drown sornieth under them!

Also like. huge dragon with like, a gene that makes them covered in plants would be fun. like a living, gargantuan home. living garden?
Oo1lWlZ.png

Always looking for a sanddollar/coral/gold range tert G1.. hit me up if you have one! I collect them
[quote name="FleetingFancy" date="2022-11-20 18:45:26" ] Plus, I feel like we haven't had something slinky in a long time. I mean, Veils are slinky, but also full of hair (which I love, but that's 3/4 Ancients with hair of some sort) [/quote] i read that as stinky,, stinky dragons,,,
FleetingFancy wrote on 2022-11-20 18:45:26:
Plus, I feel like we haven't had something slinky in a long time. I mean, Veils are slinky, but also full of hair (which I love, but that's 3/4 Ancients with hair of some sort)
i read that as stinky,, stinky dragons,,,
P9aWhak.png
tyEuRXe.png
q3Me7tJ.png
GLMwkdE.png
JvUa9ma.png
....MY ADOPTS
unknown.png
I would love it if they gave the ancient the snackle tooth mouths of pliosaurs and plesiosaurs
I would love it if they gave the ancient the snackle tooth mouths of pliosaurs and plesiosaurs
70573973.pngCBsJXZk.gif
I have to admit the mental image of a leviathan that moves about on land like an elephant seal is both comical and terrifying. They look ridiculous but they're surprisingly fast.

Water Ancient approaches: *gaboomf gaboomf gaboomf*
Land dragon 1 to land dragon 2: "Stop laughing you idiot, those TEETH aren't smiling!"
I have to admit the mental image of a leviathan that moves about on land like an elephant seal is both comical and terrifying. They look ridiculous but they're surprisingly fast.

Water Ancient approaches: *gaboomf gaboomf gaboomf*
Land dragon 1 to land dragon 2: "Stop laughing you idiot, those TEETH aren't smiling!"
riVr93C.png
1 2 3