Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are you an old-timer?
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
gather around you whippersnappers, let me tell you a tale

the year is 2014. genes with accent colors didn't exist. it was very rare for someone to have a forum vista. the first notn wouldnt happen for several years yet, and ancients wouldn't appear for another several years. there hasnt been even a whisper of a colorwheel expansion. you just joined and you had no idea you were going to be playing this silly dragon game for another eight years
gather around you whippersnappers, let me tell you a tale

the year is 2014. genes with accent colors didn't exist. it was very rare for someone to have a forum vista. the first notn wouldnt happen for several years yet, and ancients wouldn't appear for another several years. there hasnt been even a whisper of a colorwheel expansion. you just joined and you had no idea you were going to be playing this silly dragon game for another eight years
qlEHRGj.pngO5imYij.png
It's crazy to think I'll have my seventh (SEVENTH!) anniversary next year...
Almost 10 years! Like, WUT?
It's crazy to think I'll have my seventh (SEVENTH!) anniversary next year...
Almost 10 years! Like, WUT?
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
oh god.... next year and it'll be 10 years. bizarre. I was in 9th grade when I started and now I'm 25. x_x it's so funny how much of a hold this site has over me. the longer I play the more comfortable and invested I feel. I've taken breaks over that time, but I think the longest one was just a touch over a year.
oh god.... next year and it'll be 10 years. bizarre. I was in 9th grade when I started and now I'm 25. x_x it's so funny how much of a hold this site has over me. the longer I play the more comfortable and invested I feel. I've taken breaks over that time, but I think the longest one was just a touch over a year.
tumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo4_250.pngtumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo3_100.pngtumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo1_250.png
Yeahhh, I'm from 2014.. it's been 8 years. lol not really interested in holidays anymore for instance.
Yeahhh, I'm from 2014.. it's been 8 years. lol not really interested in holidays anymore for instance.
…my account is older than my nephew and niece x.x that’s crazy to think about

it’s always so wack to think back on how the site was and all the stuff that changed and got added during these 7 years - even crazier that i don’t really play on petsites like this, so i feel lucky to have joined FR when i did <3 my only regret to this day is not having found it during the kickstarter lmao
…my account is older than my nephew and niece x.x that’s crazy to think about

it’s always so wack to think back on how the site was and all the stuff that changed and got added during these 7 years - even crazier that i don’t really play on petsites like this, so i feel lucky to have joined FR when i did <3 my only regret to this day is not having found it during the kickstarter lmao
..................................... MUYNhfy.png
dEe2UrM.png

5hF3FGk.png
7Y0SkWr.png Np4NxIR.png
HZSRMw5.png
nL26Ewd.png
10 year anniversary next year!! :D do be wild to think about haha

there are certainly old dragons and users whom i still recognize due to how iconic they were, and still are <: not by names but by visual memory

a lot of good memories, but one of the funnier ones was how i and a friend apparently spoke to each other on FR without either of us knowing
they commissioned me wayyy back like 8-9 years ago? we didn't know each other and we didn't speak after the fact either, but then approx. 4-5 years later we crossed paths again somewhere completely different and became friends, neither recognized the other. about 2 years ago they showed me a character who i recognized as the dragon i drew all those years ago exclusively through their custom UMA. whipped out the commission like "guess who drew this?"

i swear the world is small
10 year anniversary next year!! :D do be wild to think about haha

there are certainly old dragons and users whom i still recognize due to how iconic they were, and still are <: not by names but by visual memory

a lot of good memories, but one of the funnier ones was how i and a friend apparently spoke to each other on FR without either of us knowing
they commissioned me wayyy back like 8-9 years ago? we didn't know each other and we didn't speak after the fact either, but then approx. 4-5 years later we crossed paths again somewhere completely different and became friends, neither recognized the other. about 2 years ago they showed me a character who i recognized as the dragon i drew all those years ago exclusively through their custom UMA. whipped out the commission like "guess who drew this?"

i swear the world is small
Untitled-1.png
I've been here since 2016 (joined at the peak of the Bogsneak hype), and honestly, I still think to myself that it was 'only the other year'...
I've been here since 2016 (joined at the peak of the Bogsneak hype), and honestly, I still think to myself that it was 'only the other year'...
DGvY4qO.gif
I definitely feel old. I joined back in 2013 and just got back from a 5 year absence. Things sure have changed and theres so many new things to explore! I admit Im super rusty on my lore and Tomo is giving me a run for my money on the daily…

I was browsing the web earlier this week and happened to see a picture of a Skydancer and man it brought back memories. I logged on after so long and Ive been hooked all week! Super obsessed with Undertides right now. I just love leviathans. Ancients weren’t a thing back when I quit and I remember there being a lot of discourse because of the lack of new dragon breeds..

I think one of my fondest memories was a big dominance push Lightning had one time. It was so fun and just the sense of camaraderie; the whole flight was buzzing in the forum and doing big exalt pushes. I cant remember which flight we were competing with but it was sooo close. In the end Lightning ended up getting it and the forum exploded!!
I definitely feel old. I joined back in 2013 and just got back from a 5 year absence. Things sure have changed and theres so many new things to explore! I admit Im super rusty on my lore and Tomo is giving me a run for my money on the daily…

I was browsing the web earlier this week and happened to see a picture of a Skydancer and man it brought back memories. I logged on after so long and Ive been hooked all week! Super obsessed with Undertides right now. I just love leviathans. Ancients weren’t a thing back when I quit and I remember there being a lot of discourse because of the lack of new dragon breeds..

I think one of my fondest memories was a big dominance push Lightning had one time. It was so fun and just the sense of camaraderie; the whole flight was buzzing in the forum and doing big exalt pushes. I cant remember which flight we were competing with but it was sooo close. In the end Lightning ended up getting it and the forum exploded!!
Lightning-Network.png0NiSsa3_zpsknzhut24.gif
Hello yes Kickstarter backer here! I’ve taken a couple of very long hiatuses but my account is about as old as they come! I’m the proud owner of Ms. 1003! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/1003][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/11/1003_350.png[/img][/url]
Hello yes Kickstarter backer here! I’ve taken a couple of very long hiatuses but my account is about as old as they come! I’m the proud owner of Ms. 1003!

1003_350.png
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
I joined with a few friends in June of 2013 ('bought my light sprite from Joxar' old) I've never been incredibly active on the forums, but this game always finds ways to pull me back in.

Back then, I had the goal to get an XXY of every color. But then the color wheel got its massive update and I gave up on that idea lol. But I still have a lot of those dragons from my initial search and grew very fond of them.
I joined with a few friends in June of 2013 ('bought my light sprite from Joxar' old) I've never been incredibly active on the forums, but this game always finds ways to pull me back in.

Back then, I had the goal to get an XXY of every color. But then the color wheel got its massive update and I gave up on that idea lol. But I still have a lot of those dragons from my initial search and grew very fond of them.
712146.png332937.png
1Y7JOzu.png 42367155.png69087518.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25