Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I need a toggle
1 2 3 4 5
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are updating our profiles but this change is so big its overwhelming. I no longer know where to click and have to think way to hard where things are. Nothing is separated cleanly. I just augh its a bit to much a bit to fast to the neurodivergent people.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are updating our profiles but this change is so big its overwhelming. I no longer know where to click and have to think way to hard where things are. Nothing is separated cleanly. I just augh its a bit to much a bit to fast to the neurodivergent people.
The inconsistency of the profile sucks, and is actually hurting my eyes more than anything. The spacing feels too spaced out yet also cluttered in the way it’s laid out at the same time. There is too much white space. Please add a toggle back to the original, I genuinely have had to ask people to spoiler their images of the clan profile for now because my neurodivergent mind can’t deal with it at all and it’s really peeving me more than it should.
The inconsistency of the profile sucks, and is actually hurting my eyes more than anything. The spacing feels too spaced out yet also cluttered in the way it’s laid out at the same time. There is too much white space. Please add a toggle back to the original, I genuinely have had to ask people to spoiler their images of the clan profile for now because my neurodivergent mind can’t deal with it at all and it’s really peeving me more than it should.
candle-smol.png
I'm sorry it's overwhelming some of us, maybe a toggle is a good idea! I'm neuro divergent too, I prefer the update because it makes me feel less anxious - the tiny box for lair description before made me feel almost claustrophobic? I think that's the wrong word to use, but the small-ness of it made me feel funny because I could only see small bits at once. I feel more relaxed being able to see more at once. I totally understand why people may have the opposite feelings, change can be tough.
I'm sorry it's overwhelming some of us, maybe a toggle is a good idea! I'm neuro divergent too, I prefer the update because it makes me feel less anxious - the tiny box for lair description before made me feel almost claustrophobic? I think that's the wrong word to use, but the small-ness of it made me feel funny because I could only see small bits at once. I feel more relaxed being able to see more at once. I totally understand why people may have the opposite feelings, change can be tough.
xoTBwi7.png
as someone who dislikes clutter and inconsistency, i second this so much. its just too much for me and i actually like the old one better than the new one.
as someone who dislikes clutter and inconsistency, i second this so much. its just too much for me and i actually like the old one better than the new one.
N5bWDYz.gif
Agreed! I actually really like most of the profile but the recent comments boxes is something my brain really can't get over. Why are they so big?! Especially the box saying "say something nice" it's so distracting that my brain can't pay attention to anything else on the clan profile. I will say I do like the old one more.
Agreed! I actually really like most of the profile but the recent comments boxes is something my brain really can't get over. Why are they so big?! Especially the box saying "say something nice" it's so distracting that my brain can't pay attention to anything else on the clan profile. I will say I do like the old one more.
QtezsCP.png
I agree. While I personally like (most) of the new look, it certainly can be overwhelming to ND beings. I think a toggle would make sense but I'm not sure if it'd work with the new coding. Not that we know anything about coding.
I agree. While I personally like (most) of the new look, it certainly can be overwhelming to ND beings. I think a toggle would make sense but I'm not sure if it'd work with the new coding. Not that we know anything about coding.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
I really don’t like how it looks on mobile. The comment section feels extremely tall and also very cramped, I was also hoping they would make the comment boxes without rounded edges to match the sharp edges of avatars - it looks extremely mismatched to me.
I really don’t like how it looks on mobile. The comment section feels extremely tall and also very cramped, I was also hoping they would make the comment boxes without rounded edges to match the sharp edges of avatars - it looks extremely mismatched to me.
UwPE0Qp.png
yeah seconding all of this, aside from the fact that my ND brain hates change, I just really don't like the layout at all. It feels really boxy, and somehow cluttered yet empty simultaneously.
yeah seconding all of this, aside from the fact that my ND brain hates change, I just really don't like the layout at all. It feels really boxy, and somehow cluttered yet empty simultaneously.
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
I actually like the new profile, except for the comment boxes really, and I’m neurodivergent! The old profile was so cramped and it felt really claustrophobic so this is an improvement to me. I can definitely understand how it could be overwhelming or worse for some ND people though. As always, there’s no one look that’s going to be the best option for everyone, not even for every ND person.

So a toggle would be great (assuming the toggle changed everybody’s profile, not just your own, so it would be consistent. Similar to how likes work, it’s one way or the other across the entire site) I’m not sure how plausible that is considering that this was tied into the refactor. I’m not sure how all that works though, so maybe!
I actually like the new profile, except for the comment boxes really, and I’m neurodivergent! The old profile was so cramped and it felt really claustrophobic so this is an improvement to me. I can definitely understand how it could be overwhelming or worse for some ND people though. As always, there’s no one look that’s going to be the best option for everyone, not even for every ND person.

So a toggle would be great (assuming the toggle changed everybody’s profile, not just your own, so it would be consistent. Similar to how likes work, it’s one way or the other across the entire site) I’m not sure how plausible that is considering that this was tied into the refactor. I’m not sure how all that works though, so maybe!

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
[quote name="ElementMaster" date="2022-10-03 10:45:26" ] yeah seconding all of this, aside from the fact that my ND brain hates change, I just really don't like the layout at all. It feels really boxy, and somehow cluttered yet empty simultaneously. [/quote] This, especially the end part, it just clashes a lot with the need to have things organized. As well as its so small on mobile, all of my muscle memory has been thrown in the trash
ElementMaster wrote on 2022-10-03 10:45:26:

This, especially the end part, it just clashes a lot with the need to have things organized. As well as its so small on mobile, all of my muscle memory has been thrown in the trash
1 2 3 4 5