Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | it can't just be me[owlcats art]
1 2
i've seen no one mention it, is it just a me thing? like, i know they all have to fit in certain sized boxes, but the Warblade Owlcat feels so [i]small[/i], like, it feels tiny!! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/601.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/46531.png[/img] HC that warblade owlcat is the size of a housecat and the Red-Winged Owlcat is the size of a big cat (tigers, lions ect) i do [i]love[/i] familiars that are clearly the same species and breed, but drawn differently like this though, would love to see more.
i've seen no one mention it, is it just a me thing?
like, i know they all have to fit in certain sized boxes, but the Warblade Owlcat feels so small, like, it feels tiny!!
601.png46531.png

HC that warblade owlcat is the size of a housecat and the Red-Winged Owlcat is the size of a big cat (tigers, lions ect)

i do love familiars that are clearly the same species and breed, but drawn differently like this though, would love to see more.
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
i think its supposed to be the same actually [quote]It's a red-winged owlcat with a giant sword. Who did this?[/quote] i still love that its clearly the same though its so fun
i think its supposed to be the same actually
Quote:
It's a red-winged owlcat with a giant sword. Who did this?
i still love that its clearly the same though its so fun
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
This is the same species, just like you said, it had to be shoved into the box so it appears smaller
This is the same species, just like you said, it had to be shoved into the box so it appears smaller
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I get the opposite vibe actually, the regular one seems smaller and the Warblade one bigger, but only slightly. Like if they were people, Red-Winged would be a bit shorter.

And they’re best friends
I get the opposite vibe actually, the regular one seems smaller and the Warblade one bigger, but only slightly. Like if they were people, Red-Winged would be a bit shorter.

And they’re best friends
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
I absolutely LOVE the idea of taking past familiars and giving them apparel or something to make new versions of them. That's SO cool to me. I hope they do more of this in the future!
I absolutely LOVE the idea of taking past familiars and giving them apparel or something to make new versions of them. That's SO cool to me. I hope they do more of this in the future!
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
[quote name="TrustRae" date="2022-08-14 05:28:27" ] I absolutely LOVE the idea of taking past familiars and giving them apparel or something to make new versions of them. That's SO cool to me. I hope they do more of this in the future! [/quote] Amen. It gives new context to them, and I like seeing them drawn in the updated art style.
TrustRae wrote on 2022-08-14 05:28:27:

Amen. It gives new context to them, and I like seeing them drawn in the updated art style.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
Probably perspective or the fact that it's wearing armor and has a sword. They have to cram it into a box, so they pretty much had to make it smaller.
Probably perspective or the fact that it's wearing armor and has a sword. They have to cram it into a box, so they pretty much had to make it smaller.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
the og art is standing closer. the new art is rushing at us from a distance
the og art is standing closer. the new art is rushing at us from a distance
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I'm just happy that the primary feathers are layered the right direction this time. The secondary feathers aren't, they're still backwards, but it's an improvement...

I think the new owlcat is set from a farther distance to retain the detail.
I'm just happy that the primary feathers are layered the right direction this time. The secondary feathers aren't, they're still backwards, but it's an improvement...

I think the new owlcat is set from a farther distance to retain the detail.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
You're onto something, in my opinion. Looking at them side-by-side, the newer art makes the Warblade Owlcats look like kittens when compared to the older ones.

I actually find that quite endearing-- little kittens looking to impress their parents by joining the horrors of Draconian war.
You're onto something, in my opinion. Looking at them side-by-side, the newer art makes the Warblade Owlcats look like kittens when compared to the older ones.

I actually find that quite endearing-- little kittens looking to impress their parents by joining the horrors of Draconian war.
y5opRlk.gif
1 2