Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do others feel ashamed of their dergs?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP, I feel this so much. Frankly, I don't like clothes and I prefer nude dragons. I stopped participating to stop feeling bad. I got a couple of dragons *just* to dress up, but the hours of trying and failing to achieve the effect I was looking for followed by the weeks or months of trying to get all the apparel did NOT make me happy. Frankly probably one of the major reasons I got into an ancient breed is because no one expects them to be dressed. Then,surprise! after two YEARS of playing I had some truly unappealing dragons necessary for a breeding project. I just heaped as much apparel as I could on them to cover them up. I was shocked by the results. Apparently I can create appeal and personality with apparel only by genuinely not giving a fewmet-- working with what I have, and not trying for anything in paerticular. And this is a really reliable method for me. I buy the occasional derg to dress now. May you find a way to play that keeps you proud of your dragons. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77977957][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/779780/77977957_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
OP, I feel this so much.

Frankly, I don't like clothes and I prefer nude dragons. I stopped participating to stop feeling bad. I got a couple of dragons *just* to dress up, but the hours of trying and failing to achieve the effect I was looking for followed by the weeks or months of trying to get all the apparel did NOT make me happy. Frankly probably one of the major reasons I got into an ancient breed is because no one expects them to be dressed.

Then,surprise! after two YEARS of playing I had some truly unappealing dragons necessary for a breeding project. I just heaped as much apparel as I could on them to cover them up. I was shocked by the results. Apparently I can create appeal and personality with apparel only by genuinely not giving a fewmet-- working with what I have, and not trying for anything in paerticular. And this is a really reliable method for me. I buy the occasional derg to dress now.

May you find a way to play that keeps you proud of your dragons.
77977957_350.png
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
I get this
I think it's because I'm so used to looking at them now but I always feel like people won't get them, which is dumb. My older lore dragons are my babies and always will be but without the emotional connection idk what people would see in them ;.;
I get this
I think it's because I'm so used to looking at them now but I always feel like people won't get them, which is dumb. My older lore dragons are my babies and always will be but without the emotional connection idk what people would see in them ;.;
iDMjIQi.png 5hF3FGk.png
R1dejfm.png
She/Her
8+ FR time
kMjrgFR.png
Omg I totally understand what you're saying!!! I felt like this for about 3 months after joining the game. I loved my dragons but just didn't know how to dress and didn't have the money to do so too.
I just stalked your lair and can say that your dragons are really pretty, they look good even nude. Most of times, simple is best!!! You have taste, please don't compare yourself too others. With time, you will feel more accomplished and secure about your lair ^^ If not, you can always change or ask for help and feedback in the forums
Omg I totally understand what you're saying!!! I felt like this for about 3 months after joining the game. I loved my dragons but just didn't know how to dress and didn't have the money to do so too.
I just stalked your lair and can say that your dragons are really pretty, they look good even nude. Most of times, simple is best!!! You have taste, please don't compare yourself too others. With time, you will feel more accomplished and secure about your lair ^^ If not, you can always change or ask for help and feedback in the forums
5stzUBF.png______ she/her
fr +4
english
portuguese
wishlist
_____6NDVAGQ.png
[quote name="LunaticPandora" date="2022-06-02 17:06:18" ] Nope, but I have no taste and no shame. I am ride or die for my rainbow floof monsters. [/quote] This is how I feel; I may want to share a dragon and then it gets one reply (IF that), but I remain as proud as a mother should be about her special little guys "LOOK AT MY BABY IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY TOMORROW" (distant stranger yells happy birthday) But I also get what you're describing. I hope you're able to look at your lair from your own eyes, and not from the eyes of others. None of us get to have your lair; only you. You should have dragons that bring you joy, not dragons that bring you clout!
LunaticPandora wrote on 2022-06-02 17:06:18:
Nope, but I have no taste and no shame. I am ride or die for my rainbow floof monsters.

This is how I feel; I may want to share a dragon and then it gets one reply (IF that), but I remain as proud as a mother should be about her special little guys

"LOOK AT MY BABY IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY TOMORROW"

(distant stranger yells happy birthday)

But I also get what you're describing. I hope you're able to look at your lair from your own eyes, and not from the eyes of others. None of us get to have your lair; only you. You should have dragons that bring you joy, not dragons that bring you clout!
cM8dUFr.png
I'm newer and have less appareled dragons than most and I admit seeing super beautiful fully gened dragons next to my basic and simple gened dragons does make me feel a little nervous when I finally get the guts to share them, but honestly, I'm playing this for fun. I love my ungened dragons as much as my fully gened ones. And they make me happy. I don't really care if people don't like my dragons because I like them, and I think that's enough.

Maybe they're a little funky looking, but I like em funky ^^
I'm newer and have less appareled dragons than most and I admit seeing super beautiful fully gened dragons next to my basic and simple gened dragons does make me feel a little nervous when I finally get the guts to share them, but honestly, I'm playing this for fun. I love my ungened dragons as much as my fully gened ones. And they make me happy. I don't really care if people don't like my dragons because I like them, and I think that's enough.

Maybe they're a little funky looking, but I like em funky ^^
Misfit Hatchery, find a weird little dragon for your clan! Closed for reworking
[quote name="whalesbone" date="2022-06-02 18:30:27" ] after converting to a nudist lair i've never had to so much as think about apparel because none of my dragons even have the option to wear it. and i am at peace. i am free [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7d9a92399f90e795576befe030bbff38.png[/img] [/quote] I wish I had this power
whalesbone wrote on 2022-06-02 18:30:27:
after converting to a nudist lair i've never had to so much as think about apparel because none of my dragons even have the option to wear it. and i am at peace. i am free

7d9a92399f90e795576befe030bbff38.png

I wish I had this power
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Same, my lair just sucks. I only have scatter projects and dragons that won't sell.
Same, my lair just sucks. I only have scatter projects and dragons that won't sell.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I think I have 1 dressed dragon, generally I think dressing them up is not for me. It feel that geneing them up is way more important to me, similar as you said. I have a lot of breeding projects and I'm proud of the colours I achieve, so I don't want to cover them up with too much apparel.

I think I have 1 dressed dragon, generally I think dressing them up is not for me. It feel that geneing them up is way more important to me, similar as you said. I have a lot of breeding projects and I'm proud of the colours I achieve, so I don't want to cover them up with too much apparel.

Most of my dragons have been in my lair for years, and I'm bad at keeping up with the game and all the 'new' apparel. I say 'new' because I see all post-2016 apparel as new, since I went on hiatus then. So most of my dragons will probably look outdated and lacking all the fancy outspoken elements of newer apparel.

But I don't care, because I love my dragons, and the way they are. No shame there. Won't update them.
Most of my dragons have been in my lair for years, and I'm bad at keeping up with the game and all the 'new' apparel. I say 'new' because I see all post-2016 apparel as new, since I went on hiatus then. So most of my dragons will probably look outdated and lacking all the fancy outspoken elements of newer apparel.

But I don't care, because I love my dragons, and the way they are. No shame there. Won't update them.
windbottom.png
I mean, i get a little intimidated sometimes that i don't have any "conventionally" pretty dragons, and i get a bit jealous of people that have really pretty and coordinated lairs of g1s.

But ashamed, no. My lair and my dragons make me happy, and that's what I'm here for.
I mean, i get a little intimidated sometimes that i don't have any "conventionally" pretty dragons, and i get a bit jealous of people that have really pretty and coordinated lairs of g1s.

But ashamed, no. My lair and my dragons make me happy, and that's what I'm here for.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7