Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Dom Watch] Love is Coming! + Update
1 2 3
[quote name="Fawkesian" date="2022-02-06 11:43:38" ] however, i do still wish there was a way to separately view the full list of announced pushes. having that data can be really useful to anyone who's interested in dom, not just those making the decisions. maybe a link to a different page or spreadsheet? making everything available would even allow the main list to be shortened further - for example, 3 months in advance. [/quote] I would also love a separate page/sheet link or something we could view. I would feel a little bad having to ask to see the schedule multiple times when negotiating a battle or some such thing just to be sure a certain week isn't taken before/during/after polling for dates. Something could come up at any point so if we ask to see the schedule before doing polling, we'd still have to ask again after the results come in a week later / before finalizing in case another flight posted in the meantime. Stuff like that can still happen but being able to see it ourselves would probably decrease the incessant pspspspsps-ing in oct's direction while planning out joint events with another flight, and we definitely don't want to be a bother to you all. For pushes that don't involve another flight we tend to not plan that far ahead, but everyone seems to be enthusiastic about working together this year (which I'm SUPER hyped about, like... Everyone wants to battle or profit battle or joint profit push it seems) and that can take a little more planning-ahead since we tend to like to time things so they're not too close to any one flight's fest.
Fawkesian wrote on 2022-02-06 11:43:38:
however, i do still wish there was a way to separately view the full list of announced pushes. having that data can be really useful to anyone who's interested in dom, not just those making the decisions. maybe a link to a different page or spreadsheet? making everything available would even allow the main list to be shortened further - for example, 3 months in advance.

I would also love a separate page/sheet link or something we could view. I would feel a little bad having to ask to see the schedule multiple times when negotiating a battle or some such thing just to be sure a certain week isn't taken before/during/after polling for dates. Something could come up at any point so if we ask to see the schedule before doing polling, we'd still have to ask again after the results come in a week later / before finalizing in case another flight posted in the meantime.

Stuff like that can still happen but being able to see it ourselves would probably decrease the incessant pspspspsps-ing in oct's direction while planning out joint events with another flight, and we definitely don't want to be a bother to you all.

For pushes that don't involve another flight we tend to not plan that far ahead, but everyone seems to be enthusiastic about working together this year (which I'm SUPER hyped about, like... Everyone wants to battle or profit battle or joint profit push it seems) and that can take a little more planning-ahead since we tend to like to time things so they're not too close to any one flight's fest.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
What a beautiful push. I know I'll be sending off some dragons just for a pretty badge. <3
What a beautiful push. I know I'll be sending off some dragons just for a pretty badge. <3
g2TOb2t.png yMwAJm4.gifgladekeeper.png
I would also love it if we could somehow have access to the full schedule, if the one on the thread is shortened!
I would also love it if we could somehow have access to the full schedule, if the one on the thread is shortened!
HzlT6uO.gif

she/her
water dom org
dom stats '23
An external document could be a good Idea, whether it's a google sheet or calendar (Which multiple flight leaders could edit), or just an edited forum post or dragon bio. Keeping it short here is a good idea though, especially if the purpose of this thread is for current and upcoming events.
An external document could be a good Idea, whether it's a google sheet or calendar (Which multiple flight leaders could edit), or just an edited forum post or dragon bio. Keeping it short here is a good idea though, especially if the purpose of this thread is for current and upcoming events.
_
_
I will (try to) get 1000 new familiars in 1 year - Complete!
I'd also like to echo the sentiments of my fellow dominance participants, and organizers. The list being up to 6 months is great, and it definitely helps knowing so much in advance! An external spreadsheet or google doc would be greatly appreciated, that way its marked somewhere but doesn't have to be included in a separate post below the main post and above the reserving post which adds more hassle for whomever is posting DomWatch for the week. As mentioned above, it could also bring those lists down to 3 months instead of six with maybe a link underneath thats like "if you wish to see other future reserved posts click here" as well as the same with announced upcoming pushes.
I'd also like to echo the sentiments of my fellow dominance participants, and organizers. The list being up to 6 months is great, and it definitely helps knowing so much in advance! An external spreadsheet or google doc would be greatly appreciated, that way its marked somewhere but doesn't have to be included in a separate post below the main post and above the reserving post which adds more hassle for whomever is posting DomWatch for the week. As mentioned above, it could also bring those lists down to 3 months instead of six with maybe a link underneath thats like "if you wish to see other future reserved posts click here" as well as the same with announced upcoming pushes.
Qk4Yyiz.png
gzlHZ53.png
vTXnFX4.png
||||||
||||||
|||||| ||||||| ||||||| |||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| xCVbB5p.png
MiMwTFm.png
q9EEy5M.png
dgZqX5Q.png
RjhNje3.png
ooh
ooh
2vHDEtO.gifoUx7dBq.gifftsPxVm.pngCjJ9Fr6.png
I like the idea of an external document! It sounds very win-win, especially if it means it's still available in general. I imagine Dom Watch is a bit intimidating at first and I support being able to reduce how much is listed immediately.
I like the idea of an external document! It sounds very win-win, especially if it means it's still available in general. I imagine Dom Watch is a bit intimidating at first and I support being able to reduce how much is listed immediately.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
We revised it and there is now a (discreet) link under the pushes list that should allow everyone to view a text-only version of the calendar and the reserved posts c: The list in the OP has been shortened a little bit more as well.

(Note: if someone is trying to view the list but does not have access to Google pages / Google addresses are blocked, asking is still fine!)

Edit: Whenever a push/reserve gets added, the viewable full list will also update (after a few minutes, assuming Google doesn't break...)
We revised it and there is now a (discreet) link under the pushes list that should allow everyone to view a text-only version of the calendar and the reserved posts c: The list in the OP has been shortened a little bit more as well.

(Note: if someone is trying to view the list but does not have access to Google pages / Google addresses are blocked, asking is still fine!)

Edit: Whenever a push/reserve gets added, the viewable full list will also update (after a few minutes, assuming Google doesn't break...)
7irhbB2.png
Does anyone know if Shadow is going to have an OOF raffle for their holiday?
Does anyone know if Shadow is going to have an OOF raffle for their holiday?
@Alternatewarning We always run a raffle for our festival :)
@Alternatewarning We always run a raffle for our festival :)
NGvuFOS.png
1 2 3