Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i don't get it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
They are upset they can't get it right away is the only reason i can think about? Gems are part of the game and for sure genes and other stuff will be released in gems, which they forgot could happen?
The gene is fantastisch and gem worthy, instead complaining spend that time on getting treasure to buy gems from people.
My 2 cents.

I love those genes
They are upset they can't get it right away is the only reason i can think about? Gems are part of the game and for sure genes and other stuff will be released in gems, which they forgot could happen?
The gene is fantastisch and gem worthy, instead complaining spend that time on getting treasure to buy gems from people.
My 2 cents.

I love those genes
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
i dont understand it either
if phar/sarc don't qualify as gem genes im not sure what does lol?

also ppl need to stop seeing gems as real money, because they're not. u can easily obtain gems without spending a dime on this site. pharaoh is not a $15 gene. it's a 1500g gene. it's not the same.
i dont understand it either
if phar/sarc don't qualify as gem genes im not sure what does lol?

also ppl need to stop seeing gems as real money, because they're not. u can easily obtain gems without spending a dime on this site. pharaoh is not a $15 gene. it's a 1500g gene. it's not the same.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

[quote name="Fantelle" date="2022-01-20 03:28:47" ] also ppl need to stop seeing gems as real money, because they're not. u can easily obtain gems without spending a dime on this site. pharaoh is not a $15 gene. it's a 1500g gene. it's not the same. [/quote] I think this is a very good point. I gened a dragon with starmap about three hours before Pharaoh came out. And I probably will put Pharaoh over it, costing me a whopping 3000g. Would I spend 30$ on this dragon? Not a chance. Not even 10$. No way. And I say that as someone who buys gems every now and then. But it's not hard to get treasure, and this site allows you to trade treasure for gems. Even the people who say they don't have a lot of time- a literal 10 minutes a day will net you a 1500g (or well, 1.5mt, so with current ratios probably a bit less gems) in 20 days. (Fairgrounds - G&G). 20 days! For almost no effort whatsoever. So that's no coli, no gathering, no baldwin, NOTHING. Just ten minutes of clicking tiles every day. 1.5mt every 20 days. For barely interacting with the site. I've always found FR's economy to be very healthy and busy-people-friendly. If you DO have 8 hours a day to pump into coli, for sure you will get more money. But it's also very, very possible to reach your goals with just playing a little.
Fantelle wrote on 2022-01-20 03:28:47:

I think this is a very good point. I gened a dragon with starmap about three hours before Pharaoh came out. And I probably will put Pharaoh over it, costing me a whopping 3000g. Would I spend 30$ on this dragon? Not a chance. Not even 10$. No way. And I say that as someone who buys gems every now and then.
But it's not hard to get treasure, and this site allows you to trade treasure for gems. Even the people who say they don't have a lot of time- a literal 10 minutes a day will net you a 1500g (or well, 1.5mt, so with current ratios probably a bit less gems) in 20 days. (Fairgrounds - G&G).

20 days! For almost no effort whatsoever. So that's no coli, no gathering, no baldwin, NOTHING. Just ten minutes of clicking tiles every day. 1.5mt every 20 days. For barely interacting with the site.

I've always found FR's economy to be very healthy and busy-people-friendly. If you DO have 8 hours a day to pump into coli, for sure you will get more money. But it's also very, very possible to reach your goals with just playing a little.
WenPrLS.png
I don't think it's fair to straw man those in disagreement as entitled or lazy, so I won't go there. I think the reason for the disappointment is how they seem to resemble limited/uncommon genes (those being treasure marketplace, coli obtained, and baldwin) more than rare(all gem). Rare genes seem to either be very complex or very unique, also at times just literally shiny.
But I agree that rare genes all offer something very unique and phar/sar offer that too, being the only gene that guarantees black patterning. I find that in itself very valuable, as many people tend to find black very easy to match and work with. It might not be in a super unique pattern , but that's not the main selling point.

My only gripe which comes from a broader issue is that all rare genes are gem obtained, making it tricky if you're trying to create a breeding partner that offers more varied offspring. I'm not factoring in player-to-player purchases because ultimately the gems still have to circulate through cash payments.
I don't think it's fair to straw man those in disagreement as entitled or lazy, so I won't go there. I think the reason for the disappointment is how they seem to resemble limited/uncommon genes (those being treasure marketplace, coli obtained, and baldwin) more than rare(all gem). Rare genes seem to either be very complex or very unique, also at times just literally shiny.
But I agree that rare genes all offer something very unique and phar/sar offer that too, being the only gene that guarantees black patterning. I find that in itself very valuable, as many people tend to find black very easy to match and work with. It might not be in a super unique pattern , but that's not the main selling point.

My only gripe which comes from a broader issue is that all rare genes are gem obtained, making it tricky if you're trying to create a breeding partner that offers more varied offspring. I'm not factoring in player-to-player purchases because ultimately the gems still have to circulate through cash payments.
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
i'm sad that they're gem genes because i don't like spending my gems :')
i'm sad that they're gem genes because i don't like spending my gems :')
[quote]My only gripe which comes from a broader issue is that all rare genes are gem obtained[/quote] That makes sense though. Premium currency is one of the ways the site makes money. Making gem genes/breeds rare, and harder to pass down to offspring gives just a bit more incentive to players to buy them. That incentive has to be there for premium currency to do its job.
Quote:
My only gripe which comes from a broader issue is that all rare genes are gem obtained

That makes sense though. Premium currency is one of the ways the site makes money. Making gem genes/breeds rare, and harder to pass down to offspring gives just a bit more incentive to players to buy them. That incentive has to be there for premium currency to do its job.
cDDSaqc.png
@Zabuza @Hippotang @Whirlwish

I understand, sharing rumours isn't verifiable but its not wacky nonsense. The next gene might be 1,800 or 2,000 gems and it looks like a shiny frog. Artists or their friends share stuff on social media, this info was on Facebook.

They're not secrets and I've shared new site stuff before. They usually edit my posts. Dunno how accurate this is since they haven't changed it.
@Zabuza @Hippotang @Whirlwish

I understand, sharing rumours isn't verifiable but its not wacky nonsense. The next gene might be 1,800 or 2,000 gems and it looks like a shiny frog. Artists or their friends share stuff on social media, this info was on Facebook.

They're not secrets and I've shared new site stuff before. They usually edit my posts. Dunno how accurate this is since they haven't changed it.
:D We don't really get it either. Gem genes aren't new and have always been the same price. FR is generally really reasonable with premium currency. Not only is it available completely for free but they put out plenty of treasure genes in between the gem ones :D [quote name="Reggae" date="2022-01-20 11:05:25" ] I understand, sharing rumours isn't verifiable but its not wacky nonsense. The next gene might be 1,800 or 2,000 gems and it looks like a shiny frog. Artists or their friends share stuff on social media, this info was on Facebook. They're not secrets and I've shared new site stuff before. They usually edit my posts. Dunno how accurate this is since they haven't changed it. [/quote] :D If this was on Facebook you'd be able to provide a link to it, right? Do you have any examples of other things you've shared?
:D We don't really get it either. Gem genes aren't new and have always been the same price. FR is generally really reasonable with premium currency. Not only is it available completely for free but they put out plenty of treasure genes in between the gem ones :D
Reggae wrote on 2022-01-20 11:05:25:

:D If this was on Facebook you'd be able to provide a link to it, right?
Do you have any examples of other things you've shared?
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote name="LadyRaptor" date="2022-01-20 06:09:46" ] [quote]My only gripe which comes from a broader issue is that all rare genes are gem obtained[/quote] That makes sense though. Premium currency is one of the ways the site makes money. Making gem genes/breeds rare, and harder to pass down to offspring gives just a bit more incentive to players to buy them. That incentive has to be there for premium currency to do its job. [/quote] That's also a valid point. If it helps get the money flowing to them by all means make it only gems for rare genes.
LadyRaptor wrote on 2022-01-20 06:09:46:
Quote:
My only gripe which comes from a broader issue is that all rare genes are gem obtained

That makes sense though. Premium currency is one of the ways the site makes money. Making gem genes/breeds rare, and harder to pass down to offspring gives just a bit more incentive to players to buy them. That incentive has to be there for premium currency to do its job.
That's also a valid point. If it helps get the money flowing to them by all means make it only gems for rare genes.
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
I was also confused as to why Sarcophagus/Pharaoh were gem genes until someone here pointed out the black base! now it makes more sense, because I think it's the only true 'savior' gene set that FR has? perfect for the dragon you're tired of scattering imo
I was also confused as to why Sarcophagus/Pharaoh were gem genes until someone here pointed out the black base! now it makes more sense, because I think it's the only true 'savior' gene set that FR has? perfect for the dragon you're tired of scattering imo
qesQFkT.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8