Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Writer's Game Volunteers
Hello everyone,

This page isn't going to be really big or fancy, I just wanted a spot to lay out the details of being a volunteer for the Writer's Door Game. Please make sure to read them over. Thank you!

Basics of the Volunteer Writer job:
  • First off, I would like to make it clear that a volunteer writer is NOT a moderator for the game. I am not asking anyone to interact with the other players concerning their posts or their sets.
  • A Volunteer Writer is someone that will be invited to step in when the game must be continued. You will be responsible for creating a set to let the game continue.
  • Volunteers would be offered the opportunity to continue a game after receiving an invitation ping. The first volunteer to respond would get the chance to continue the game.
  • Only OpalDreams or I will send out an invitation ping, no one else will be doing it.

Volunteer Writer guidelines
:
  • Please read these before volunteering.
  • As a volunteer writer, I would ask you to not directly contact hosts or players with concerns about their posts or setups. If you should notice someone that is possibly late with a conclusion or with a setup, please tell me about it in this thread. I do check the game at least once a day and I will look into your concerns as quickly as I can.
  • Please do not jump ahead and post for a late writer. Each situation is different and oftentimes people just need a friendly nudge to remind them of their set.
  • Please note that once I contact a host concerning their set I offer a minimum of 24hours for them to respond. That time can be longer. Please do not jump ahead and post anything during that waiting time as I might be helping the host work out issues they are having.
  • In the case a host cannot get to their set, I will then send out an invitation ping so we can keep the game going.
  • If a volunteer has any concerns about the rules or if an issue might need to be addressed, please feel free to post in this thread and let me know about them. I will take care of it as soon as I can.
  • If a volunteer violates any of these rules I will have little choice but to remove their name from the list.

When posting a jump-start set:
  • Jump-start set-- the set a volunteer writer comes up with to jump-start a stagnant game.
  • When posting a jump-start set please include this statement at the top of your post: Volunteer Writer: Because of unforeseen events with the last set I will be continuing the game. This is the official door game and the winner will be responsible for continuing the game. Thank you.

Volunteer Writer Pinglist

If at any time you would like to be removed from this list, or would like to be included on this list, please let me know. I will include a quick reference for the Writer's Door Game rules below if anyone should need them. And thank you for volunteering to help out, you guys are awesome!

@/SilencedRose, @/Bxy26

Quick break down of the rules for a Writer's Door Game
:
  • The rules of the Writer's Door Game state that the winner is responsible for continuing the game. Each winner will have one week to post their game. I usually count the day following the conclusion as their first day. This is done to ensure the winner has a chance to see that they won.
  • Once all choices are claimed by players the host will have three days to conclude their set. Again, a day after the final claim is made is the beginning of the countdown.
  • A conclusion must be made within that three days, regardless of whether a player says they are going to complete a post or not. Players are not required to post a story, the host is.
  • A friendly reminder will be sent out if a post is late. The host then has a minimum of 24hours to respond (sometimes it's longer). If they are unable to complete the set, then I will send out an invitation ping to the Volunteer Writers.

Hello everyone,

This page isn't going to be really big or fancy, I just wanted a spot to lay out the details of being a volunteer for the Writer's Door Game. Please make sure to read them over. Thank you!

Basics of the Volunteer Writer job:
  • First off, I would like to make it clear that a volunteer writer is NOT a moderator for the game. I am not asking anyone to interact with the other players concerning their posts or their sets.
  • A Volunteer Writer is someone that will be invited to step in when the game must be continued. You will be responsible for creating a set to let the game continue.
  • Volunteers would be offered the opportunity to continue a game after receiving an invitation ping. The first volunteer to respond would get the chance to continue the game.
  • Only OpalDreams or I will send out an invitation ping, no one else will be doing it.

Volunteer Writer guidelines
:
  • Please read these before volunteering.
  • As a volunteer writer, I would ask you to not directly contact hosts or players with concerns about their posts or setups. If you should notice someone that is possibly late with a conclusion or with a setup, please tell me about it in this thread. I do check the game at least once a day and I will look into your concerns as quickly as I can.
  • Please do not jump ahead and post for a late writer. Each situation is different and oftentimes people just need a friendly nudge to remind them of their set.
  • Please note that once I contact a host concerning their set I offer a minimum of 24hours for them to respond. That time can be longer. Please do not jump ahead and post anything during that waiting time as I might be helping the host work out issues they are having.
  • In the case a host cannot get to their set, I will then send out an invitation ping so we can keep the game going.
  • If a volunteer has any concerns about the rules or if an issue might need to be addressed, please feel free to post in this thread and let me know about them. I will take care of it as soon as I can.
  • If a volunteer violates any of these rules I will have little choice but to remove their name from the list.

When posting a jump-start set:
  • Jump-start set-- the set a volunteer writer comes up with to jump-start a stagnant game.
  • When posting a jump-start set please include this statement at the top of your post: Volunteer Writer: Because of unforeseen events with the last set I will be continuing the game. This is the official door game and the winner will be responsible for continuing the game. Thank you.

Volunteer Writer Pinglist

If at any time you would like to be removed from this list, or would like to be included on this list, please let me know. I will include a quick reference for the Writer's Door Game rules below if anyone should need them. And thank you for volunteering to help out, you guys are awesome!

@/SilencedRose, @/Bxy26

Quick break down of the rules for a Writer's Door Game
:
  • The rules of the Writer's Door Game state that the winner is responsible for continuing the game. Each winner will have one week to post their game. I usually count the day following the conclusion as their first day. This is done to ensure the winner has a chance to see that they won.
  • Once all choices are claimed by players the host will have three days to conclude their set. Again, a day after the final claim is made is the beginning of the countdown.
  • A conclusion must be made within that three days, regardless of whether a player says they are going to complete a post or not. Players are not required to post a story, the host is.
  • A friendly reminder will be sent out if a post is late. The host then has a minimum of 24hours to respond (sometimes it's longer). If they are unable to complete the set, then I will send out an invitation ping to the Volunteer Writers.

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@SilencedRose, @Bxy26 I'm afraid I've not heard anything from Coldpaw about their set. Would either of you be up to taking it on? If you do, please remember to put this: [b]Volunteer Writer: Because of unforeseen events with the last set I will be continuing the game. This is the official door game and the winner will be responsible for continuing the game. Thank you.[/b] At the top of your post so people know it's an official set. If you cannot, I understand. Thank you both![emoji=coatl happy size=1]
@SilencedRose, @Bxy26

I'm afraid I've not heard anything from Coldpaw about their set. Would either of you be up to taking it on?

If you do, please remember to put this: Volunteer Writer: Because of unforeseen events with the last set I will be continuing the game. This is the official door game and the winner will be responsible for continuing the game. Thank you. At the top of your post so people know it's an official set.

If you cannot, I understand. Thank you both!
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight

I'll take it! Give me a couple hours.
@Azurenight

I'll take it! Give me a couple hours.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
@Bxy26

Okay, thank you! If you need anything for prizes please let me know. I'll be happy to help out.
@Bxy26

Okay, thank you! If you need anything for prizes please let me know. I'll be happy to help out.
buffer text
Coming
Soon