Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New Sphinx Familiars Look... Weird.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Looks fine to me.
Looks fine to me.
its not even the legs that throw me off, its the shoulders. Not to say its bad! Cause the art is amazing. I think they just look very human, but the back legs are too short for them to be mostly bipedal compared to quadruped.
its not even the legs that throw me off, its the shoulders. Not to say its bad! Cause the art is amazing. I think they just look very human, but the back legs are too short for them to be mostly bipedal compared to quadruped.
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
They look fine to me?
They look fine to me?
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
I mean, they're wearing armor, so that might be limiting their movements. At first it did bother me, but I'm kinda getting used to it
I mean, they're wearing armor, so that might be limiting their movements. At first it did bother me, but I'm kinda getting used to it
-Olympai
The only thing throwing me off is the facial structure looking really human compared to the rest of the body, but that isn't the art imo. ^^; I've never been the biggest fan of human faces (or traits) on animal-like bodies, mostly because of the uncanny valley feel that usually comes from them. (See: the Cats movie)
The only thing throwing me off is the facial structure looking really human compared to the rest of the body, but that isn't the art imo. ^^; I've never been the biggest fan of human faces (or traits) on animal-like bodies, mostly because of the uncanny valley feel that usually comes from them. (See: the Cats movie)
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bfPv06e.png[/img] ?
bfPv06e.png
?
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
I assumed they were partially based off munchkin cats, which can sometimes have... [i]wonky[/i] limb proportions. [img]https://s36537.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Munchkin-cat-gray.jpg[/img]
I assumed they were partially based off munchkin cats, which can sometimes have... wonky limb proportions.

Munchkin-cat-gray.jpg
Veo99mO.gifBfiB8Ka.pngkBpCOnb.pngwTBPG5s.pngSLGMeHq.pngexUrsEs.pngcedPG3i.pngypbGWNk.png
lBxYxId.png
My only thought was that the other sphinxes are so PRETTY, and these are... not as pretty. Not that bad though, although that front leg does look a bit weird.
My only thought was that the other sphinxes are so PRETTY, and these are... not as pretty. Not that bad though, although that front leg does look a bit weird.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
The issue is that they're off balance. The angles of the paws are fine, like they're just preparing a hand of claws to be at the ready, but because their back legs are so close together (not just in appearance because of the angle), they look as though they should be tipping over. Unstable.
The issue is that they're off balance. The angles of the paws are fine, like they're just preparing a hand of claws to be at the ready, but because their back legs are so close together (not just in appearance because of the angle), they look as though they should be tipping over. Unstable.
cM8dUFr.png
They did look a little strange when I first saw them but they've just got a very human upper body, torso and arms included. I actually like what the arms are doing. It's very distinct from the other sphinxes but I imagine it's just a different subspecies! I've seen more humanlike sphinxes in other places and this did remind me of it. It almost looks like they typically walk bipedal and have just dropped down on all fours for a sec. Like others have said the legs aren't that short, they just look it because of the armor and how they're stretched out behind them. [img]https://i.imgur.com/NFQuGko.png[/img] The only thing I see as being a little off is the very back leg that's mostly hidden from us. Can't quite figure out how it would be folded back there. But it's not terrible or anything.
They did look a little strange when I first saw them but they've just got a very human upper body, torso and arms included. I actually like what the arms are doing. It's very distinct from the other sphinxes but I imagine it's just a different subspecies! I've seen more humanlike sphinxes in other places and this did remind me of it.

It almost looks like they typically walk bipedal and have just dropped down on all fours for a sec. Like others have said the legs aren't that short, they just look it because of the armor and how they're stretched out behind them.
NFQuGko.png
The only thing I see as being a little off is the very back leg that's mostly hidden from us. Can't quite figure out how it would be folded back there. But it's not terrible or anything.
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11