Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lightweaver, are you okay?
1 2
[quote name="AsterTheOrca" date="2021-08-01 04:30:20" ] @Lifeseeker [quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-07-31 21:30:18" ] when you make your kids from dead body parts shoved full of your shed god essence, i wonder what you expected to get. the whole thing is just forcing her to acknowledge that she majorly messed up making Imperials and has to do something about them before the world gets destroyed by Emperors and their magic draining properties. [/quote] Well actually the encyclopedia page for Imperials say that they were just made from her own flesh and bone (being a cosmic entity I'm pretty sure it grew back) and not just dead bodies infused with divine essence, and though this treads into theory territory, this is also why I think Emperors become a thing: their souls may leave their body but their bodies are still made of something immortal (also why in spite of being the supposed first dragons they aren't considered an "ancient" breed: that Lightweaver essence keeping them modern), which is probably how they fuse together after death since they all technically come from the same body. Plus why Imperials are "conspicuously absent" from the Beacon of the Radiant Eye: coming into contact with Lightweaver might cause them to get absorbed back into her (but that's mega theory territory right there). Though yeah agreed I think more likely by "rectified" Lightweaver meant find a way to cure Imperials of that problem, especially because on a gameplay standpoint it'd be very unwise to Thanos snap a whole breed. Who knows? Might result in a new breed in itself. [s]This has been Aster Rambling About Her Fan Theories Again, tune in next time for the next essay that no one asked for[/s] [/quote] [quote]Imperials were Light's first children, an amalgamation of bone, blood, and the shed essence of the Lightweaver - [b]excavated from ancient battle sites of the First Age[/b].[/quote]
AsterTheOrca wrote on 2021-08-01 04:30:20:
@Lifeseeker
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-07-31 21:30:18:
when you make your kids from dead body parts shoved full of your shed god essence, i wonder what you expected to get. the whole thing is just forcing her to acknowledge that she majorly messed up making Imperials and has to do something about them before the world gets destroyed by Emperors and their magic draining properties.
Well actually the encyclopedia page for Imperials say that they were just made from her own flesh and bone (being a cosmic entity I'm pretty sure it grew back) and not just dead bodies infused with divine essence, and though this treads into theory territory, this is also why I think Emperors become a thing: their souls may leave their body but their bodies are still made of something immortal (also why in spite of being the supposed first dragons they aren't considered an "ancient" breed: that Lightweaver essence keeping them modern), which is probably how they fuse together after death since they all technically come from the same body. Plus why Imperials are "conspicuously absent" from the Beacon of the Radiant Eye: coming into contact with Lightweaver might cause them to get absorbed back into her (but that's mega theory territory right there).
Though yeah agreed I think more likely by "rectified" Lightweaver meant find a way to cure Imperials of that problem, especially because on a gameplay standpoint it'd be very unwise to Thanos snap a whole breed. Who knows? Might result in a new breed in itself.

This has been Aster Rambling About Her Fan Theories Again, tune in next time for the next essay that no one asked for
Quote:
Imperials were Light's first children, an amalgamation of bone, blood, and the shed essence of the Lightweaver - excavated from ancient battle sites of the First Age.
@AsterTheOrca

As one who refers to Lightweaver as the First Necromancer, I disagree that that they are fully made her, as the gods are elements manifest and not biological.

"An amalgamation of bone, blood, and the shed essence of the Lightweaver - excavated from ancient battle sites of the First Age. This reclaimed essence was a finite resource; no new Imperials have been shaped by the gods in a millennia, though the species has no difficulty replenishing its numbers. "

I see it as her essence solely that was taken from the battle sites of the First Age, as it is mentioned alone as a finite resource, and that is what you would get if you tore a god apart, they are things of pure elemental energy coalesced, not living creatures. They have no 'blood and bones' to take from them, so those would have been taken from other creatures. Which is why Imperials look like a mishmash of living animals, because it was what she had to work with.

It also would be why they would rise again when put together, as they started off as corpses in the first place, when you pile enough of them together in the same place that energy that coalesced those bodies together to animate would try to do the same thing again.

Part of where I infer they do not have the same physical attributes as mortal things is here. As they are not things that can reproduce like a mortal, why would they have the same other workings as one?
@AsterTheOrca

As one who refers to Lightweaver as the First Necromancer, I disagree that that they are fully made her, as the gods are elements manifest and not biological.

"An amalgamation of bone, blood, and the shed essence of the Lightweaver - excavated from ancient battle sites of the First Age. This reclaimed essence was a finite resource; no new Imperials have been shaped by the gods in a millennia, though the species has no difficulty replenishing its numbers. "

I see it as her essence solely that was taken from the battle sites of the First Age, as it is mentioned alone as a finite resource, and that is what you would get if you tore a god apart, they are things of pure elemental energy coalesced, not living creatures. They have no 'blood and bones' to take from them, so those would have been taken from other creatures. Which is why Imperials look like a mishmash of living animals, because it was what she had to work with.

It also would be why they would rise again when put together, as they started off as corpses in the first place, when you pile enough of them together in the same place that energy that coalesced those bodies together to animate would try to do the same thing again.

Part of where I infer they do not have the same physical attributes as mortal things is here. As they are not things that can reproduce like a mortal, why would they have the same other workings as one?
4QFtgPW.png
I have been proven wrong and I apologize for the faulty information.
I have been proven wrong and I apologize for the faulty information.
*insert future art shop plug or FFVIII reference here*
I think she's working on a fix... Might need the other gods help for it considering imperials of other elements exist not just her. Maybe the plague bringer in particular who seems be the queen of making things rot and imbue them with something so another emperor can't form when they die. They rot so fast they Thanos snap dissolve to dust when they die... like in an hour doesn't matter what you do to preserve them or their parts
I think she's working on a fix... Might need the other gods help for it considering imperials of other elements exist not just her. Maybe the plague bringer in particular who seems be the queen of making things rot and imbue them with something so another emperor can't form when they die. They rot so fast they Thanos snap dissolve to dust when they die... like in an hour doesn't matter what you do to preserve them or their parts
1 2