Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Reward for Participation: Not Dragon?
1 2 3 4 5
I agree that a familiar is not beyond the realm of possibility, but would feel a bit lackluster for me at least. I don't think it can be an all-new site feature or functionality, like a coli revamp, since if you look at the wording… [quote]Event Conclusion: [b]If you turn in at least one (1) item[/b] in at least one (1) milestone during the entire run of the event, [b]you will receive a reward[/b] for participating in the event when it has fully concluded. [b]We encourage all players to participate in at least one (1) milestone, because the event reward is [i]very special![/i][/b][/quote] Only participating players will get whatever the [i]very special![/i] reward is. While we're used to limited-edition and retired items, it would seem extremely unfair for anyone who's absent or hasn't yet joined to hear e.g. "Yes, we're extending the coliseum level limit to 50… but only for people who were active in the second week of July 2021." So I'm fairly certain it has to be some kind of item or item set, or something else tied to accounts, like additional lair space or a forum vista. (Unless it was just something like "participants get early beta access" but that doesn't sound like something "[i]very special![/i]" to me?) A new breed would definitely work, so long as they're releasing it via unhatched eggs or breed change scrolls (potentially clan-bound), and then ofc other players would have the chance to get them through breeding, eventually. Apparel, genes, or skins/accents would also be possibilities. Even something like "a decent pile of gems" or things from the gem marketplace Specialty section (or a new scroll-type-thing that would subsequently belong there) seems reasonable. But yeah I doubt it's an all-new feature/mechanic.
I agree that a familiar is not beyond the realm of possibility, but would feel a bit lackluster for me at least.

I don't think it can be an all-new site feature or functionality, like a coli revamp, since if you look at the wording…
Quote:
Event Conclusion: If you turn in at least one (1) item in at least one (1) milestone during the entire run of the event, you will receive a reward for participating in the event when it has fully concluded. We encourage all players to participate in at least one (1) milestone, because the event reward is very special!

Only participating players will get whatever the very special! reward is. While we're used to limited-edition and retired items, it would seem extremely unfair for anyone who's absent or hasn't yet joined to hear e.g. "Yes, we're extending the coliseum level limit to 50… but only for people who were active in the second week of July 2021." So I'm fairly certain it has to be some kind of item or item set, or something else tied to accounts, like additional lair space or a forum vista.

(Unless it was just something like "participants get early beta access" but that doesn't sound like something "very special!" to me?)

A new breed would definitely work, so long as they're releasing it via unhatched eggs or breed change scrolls (potentially clan-bound), and then ofc other players would have the chance to get them through breeding, eventually. Apparel, genes, or skins/accents would also be possibilities. Even something like "a decent pile of gems" or things from the gem marketplace Specialty section (or a new scroll-type-thing that would subsequently belong there) seems reasonable.

But yeah I doubt it's an all-new feature/mechanic.
uHUuVFD.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-06-08 15:07:09" ] [quote name="Stormfly" date="2021-06-08 15:01:37" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-06-08 14:58:27" ] I completely agree. So far I have liked all the ancients, except banes don't seem to have a lot of subtle genes and I love constellation on Veils, but yeah, I do agree that a new ancient should break as many rules as possible. I also agree about I would be happy with the 'reward' being a bunch of smaller things as well. All the things you mentioned would be wonderful things to get :) [/quote] Def agree with Banes needing more subtle genes. I really want to see Banes with Bee somewhere down the line. Someone made an accent I missed and ouch is that expensive now. At this point I'm just excited to see what it is xD Anything in particular you're hoping to see? [/quote] To be honest, I don't really know. I am trying to not get too hyped as that always leads to disappointment, but honestly, I lean more towards wanting a new mechanic than a new breed or something like that. Something that I can interact with like I can with the coli (go at my own pace, not limited by caps or energy consumption etc..), but realize it is most likely an item reward, so I will say I would be happy with a new breed, as long as it isn't a limited breed. [/quote] Understandable! And yeah fair, a new mechanic would be lovely. Id really like to see quarternary genes and gene variation implemented some year. People have some really great suggestions id love to see make it into the game.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-06-08 15:07:09:
Stormfly wrote on 2021-06-08 15:01:37:
Jemadar wrote on 2021-06-08 14:58:27:
I completely agree. So far I have liked all the ancients, except banes don't seem to have a lot of subtle genes and I love constellation on Veils, but yeah, I do agree that a new ancient should break as many rules as possible.

I also agree about I would be happy with the 'reward' being a bunch of smaller things as well.

All the things you mentioned would be wonderful things to get :)

Def agree with Banes needing more subtle genes. I really want to see Banes with Bee somewhere down the line. Someone made an accent I missed and ouch is that expensive now.

At this point I'm just excited to see what it is xD

Anything in particular you're hoping to see?
To be honest, I don't really know. I am trying to not get too hyped as that always leads to disappointment, but honestly, I lean more towards wanting a new mechanic than a new breed or something like that.

Something that I can interact with like I can with the coli (go at my own pace, not limited by caps or energy consumption etc..), but realize it is most likely an item reward, so I will say I would be happy with a new breed, as long as it isn't a limited breed.

Understandable!
And yeah fair, a new mechanic would be lovely. Id really like to see quarternary genes and gene variation implemented some year. People have some really great suggestions id love to see make it into the game.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
[quote name="CarmineCountess" date="2021-06-08 14:32:55" ] [quote name="Shiver" date="2021-06-08 14:18:08" ] we know what tier one is, or at least most likely what it is [item=Dustcarve Food Cache] https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/39746 [/quote] If we only get one of these... [/quote] Oh man imagine if all the rewards are like this culminating in a familiar or scene. We'll drown in the salt lol
CarmineCountess wrote on 2021-06-08 14:32:55:
Shiver wrote on 2021-06-08 14:18:08:
we know what tier one is, or at least most likely what it is
Dustcarve Food Cache
https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/39746
If we only get one of these...
Oh man imagine if all the rewards are like this culminating in a familiar or scene. We'll drown in the salt lol
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="Shiver" date="2021-06-08 14:18:08" ] we know what tier one is, or at least most likely what it is [item=Dustcarve Food Cache] https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/39746 [/quote] So I spent 3 hours of my day coli-ing for 20 food points and less currency value than I could make from exalting a lvl 7 dragon.... Hopefully the big end prize is worth it...
Shiver wrote on 2021-06-08 14:18:08:
we know what tier one is, or at least most likely what it is
Dustcarve Food Cache
https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/39746

So I spent 3 hours of my day coli-ing for 20 food points and less currency value than I could make from exalting a lvl 7 dragon.... Hopefully the big end prize is worth it...
I will put something here eventually.
I really doubt staff would let the hype for the modern get this high if that wasn't the end game. They've replied to threads getting hyped about a 30 minute maintenance to kill hype multiple times, so I really, really don't think they'd see all the posts about modern breeds being the anniversary, especially knowing that a large part of their userbase would be extremely upset if it wasn't, and not kill the hype. They even told us last year not to expect the modern, so it'd be a very weird move to not release a post saying the end reward isn't a new breed.

Also, the end reward is definitely an item, as it says in the release that the end reward will be given to those who participate, so it won't be a new feature, unless this community based event model will be used in the future.
I really doubt staff would let the hype for the modern get this high if that wasn't the end game. They've replied to threads getting hyped about a 30 minute maintenance to kill hype multiple times, so I really, really don't think they'd see all the posts about modern breeds being the anniversary, especially knowing that a large part of their userbase would be extremely upset if it wasn't, and not kill the hype. They even told us last year not to expect the modern, so it'd be a very weird move to not release a post saying the end reward isn't a new breed.

Also, the end reward is definitely an item, as it says in the release that the end reward will be given to those who participate, so it won't be a new feature, unless this community based event model will be used in the future.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
1 2 3 4 5