Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Vent?] Weird/sad vibes about eye update
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Yeah, I thought after a few days some of my dissapointment might fade but it didn't. It just got worse. There were many things I didn't immediately think of that also made the game more boring for me.

I no longer have the desire to pick pretty breeding pairs because even most pretty dergs often go for fodder without anything special like a special eye type on them. I only have 5 pairs where normal dergs from them go for above fodder, and 3 are due to the koi gene while the other two still only go for 20g and lower. Those two pairs that people actually buy from and are not koi were really hard to obtain.

Now that special eyes can be bought for treasure, no dragons from any other pairs will ever go for much above fodder. The hope for primal eyes was what influenced me to get pairs that actually looked decent. Now most of my pretty pairs are being phased out and cheaper plentiful breed fodder pairs are gonna take there place since that will be more profitable.

The vials also kinda made my lore not make sense? thankfully I don't have to follow canon, but in my lore primal eyes were something rare to obtain and only dragons who had very powerful elemental magic could get them. They were not something applied, they were earned. I had an entire story arc planed around this :l

These things are in addition to my initial complaints of lack of things to collect and lack of an actually attainable challenge.

Yeah, I thought after a few days some of my dissapointment might fade but it didn't. It just got worse. There were many things I didn't immediately think of that also made the game more boring for me.

I no longer have the desire to pick pretty breeding pairs because even most pretty dergs often go for fodder without anything special like a special eye type on them. I only have 5 pairs where normal dergs from them go for above fodder, and 3 are due to the koi gene while the other two still only go for 20g and lower. Those two pairs that people actually buy from and are not koi were really hard to obtain.

Now that special eyes can be bought for treasure, no dragons from any other pairs will ever go for much above fodder. The hope for primal eyes was what influenced me to get pairs that actually looked decent. Now most of my pretty pairs are being phased out and cheaper plentiful breed fodder pairs are gonna take there place since that will be more profitable.

The vials also kinda made my lore not make sense? thankfully I don't have to follow canon, but in my lore primal eyes were something rare to obtain and only dragons who had very powerful elemental magic could get them. They were not something applied, they were earned. I had an entire story arc planed around this :l

These things are in addition to my initial complaints of lack of things to collect and lack of an actually attainable challenge.

I will put something here eventually.
I’m happy because for 3 years the way I enjoyed fr was invalidated now it’s not. Besides 5 years into an existing game was wayyy too long to add a breeding only mechanic that shafted every dragon that came before it.

I can look at my progen and think that I can finally make her special. I used to see primals as the absolute worst and a pillar to hating on other players but now it’s an equal opportunity.
I’m happy because for 3 years the way I enjoyed fr was invalidated now it’s not. Besides 5 years into an existing game was wayyy too long to add a breeding only mechanic that shafted every dragon that came before it.

I can look at my progen and think that I can finally make her special. I used to see primals as the absolute worst and a pillar to hating on other players but now it’s an equal opportunity.
I love you staff and thank you so much for the eye update 2.0! I cannot thank you enough for this!
I'm very happy with this update, but my beef with it is this problem shouldn't have been left to fester for so long. It took nearly three years for them to make this decision, and in the meanwhile certain expectations and economies emerged.

People would have been upset if this change happened at any point. But after nearly three years, tearing off this band-aid was incredibly painful.
I'm very happy with this update, but my beef with it is this problem shouldn't have been left to fester for so long. It took nearly three years for them to make this decision, and in the meanwhile certain expectations and economies emerged.

People would have been upset if this change happened at any point. But after nearly three years, tearing off this band-aid was incredibly painful.
Tbh I was in hiatus when the original update came out. When I came back I felt super bad that now that I’ve missed everything it was all super expensive and had super rough odds for an item I didn’t even get the chance to collect. All my old dragons had no chance of getting those eyes so I exalted most of them lol

Basically, I’m happy but I completely understand these feelings that are on the complete opposite of mine. This should’ve happened earlier when everyone was feeling like I did a couple months ago and not when people had created entire play styles around them.

If you guys need a break from the site please take it! I am very sorry. ;w;
Tbh I was in hiatus when the original update came out. When I came back I felt super bad that now that I’ve missed everything it was all super expensive and had super rough odds for an item I didn’t even get the chance to collect. All my old dragons had no chance of getting those eyes so I exalted most of them lol

Basically, I’m happy but I completely understand these feelings that are on the complete opposite of mine. This should’ve happened earlier when everyone was feeling like I did a couple months ago and not when people had created entire play styles around them.

If you guys need a break from the site please take it! I am very sorry. ;w;
@realcottoncat aaaaa i feel that so much with the lore thing. Primals in my lore were no joke; They are forces to be reckoned with as they got older because they could tap into old, ancient magic, and if one was born into a lair it was both a blessing and curse.

@realcottoncat aaaaa i feel that so much with the lore thing. Primals in my lore were no joke; They are forces to be reckoned with as they got older because they could tap into old, ancient magic, and if one was born into a lair it was both a blessing and curse.

I think these feelings apply more to users who joined before the original eye update but I can see a few older users here.

Personally I hate keeping dragons I hatch myself instead I prefer buying dragons and customizing them from scratch so the original eye update ruined my entire play style and I had only come to hate breeding and hatching anything more than anything. I couldn’t look at a dragon with primal without hating it, sadly it also made me hate g1s and hatching eggs because what if I got a primal? I would’ve lost it to my anger issues. Now I feel free and it’s a massive breath of fresh air.

I couldn’t feel more pleased and with this update it is my hope we can get many more new eye types in the future! I even hatched a nocturne egg to celebrate!

I still have lasting problems with primal though and I never want it on any of my dragons. I think I’ll be having lasting dislike to any dragon with primal or multi for a long time.

I think these feelings apply more to users who joined before the original eye update but I can see a few older users here.

Personally I hate keeping dragons I hatch myself instead I prefer buying dragons and customizing them from scratch so the original eye update ruined my entire play style and I had only come to hate breeding and hatching anything more than anything. I couldn’t look at a dragon with primal without hating it, sadly it also made me hate g1s and hatching eggs because what if I got a primal? I would’ve lost it to my anger issues. Now I feel free and it’s a massive breath of fresh air.

I couldn’t feel more pleased and with this update it is my hope we can get many more new eye types in the future! I even hatched a nocturne egg to celebrate!

I still have lasting problems with primal though and I never want it on any of my dragons. I think I’ll be having lasting dislike to any dragon with primal or multi for a long time.

4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2021-05-08 12:49:42" ] I think these feelings apply more to users who joined before the original eye update but I can see a few older users here. [/quote] I think that due to how long the rng only eyes were a thing we ended up in a situation where, for the most part, older players joined the game for customization, but newer ones joined for economy and breeding. This ended up dividing the community into groups of players with wildly different ideas of what the core of this game was about and drastically different play styles. If this update happened within a few months of the first eye update, there would have been a MUCH smaller backlash for both the reason I just discussed and from the people who spent so much on scattersights.
Mystiek wrote on 2021-05-08 12:49:42:

I think that due to how long the rng only eyes were a thing we ended up in a situation where, for the most part, older players joined the game for customization, but newer ones joined for economy and breeding. This ended up dividing the community into groups of players with wildly different ideas of what the core of this game was about and drastically different play styles.

If this update happened within a few months of the first eye update, there would have been a MUCH smaller backlash for both the reason I just discussed and from the people who spent so much on scattersights.
I will put something here eventually.
@Lych I'm not too sure if taking a break would help me imo at this stage, because I have taken breaks and come back to....the same stuff. The more I think about this update the more it points out to how it feels stale now, which is a bummer!

@shisha I do agree that people would have been upset regardless, but I don't feel like this was a good solve for it. It's like if they gave us Primary/Secondary Scatterscrolls due to players complaining about getting bad colors, and on top of that, said scroll would give you the ability to pick any color you wanted.

That, like this new update, takes away something that's rng based and is, imo, a core part of the site.
@Lych I'm not too sure if taking a break would help me imo at this stage, because I have taken breaks and come back to....the same stuff. The more I think about this update the more it points out to how it feels stale now, which is a bummer!

@shisha I do agree that people would have been upset regardless, but I don't feel like this was a good solve for it. It's like if they gave us Primary/Secondary Scatterscrolls due to players complaining about getting bad colors, and on top of that, said scroll would give you the ability to pick any color you wanted.

That, like this new update, takes away something that's rng based and is, imo, a core part of the site.
This, and more. My dragon I hatched on 4/29 with xxx star con and primal eyes was a special surprise. If it weren't my birthday derg, I'd have been popping him onto AH for some serious gems. And, it was still something I was thinking about doing when they dropped the bomb. The hatcheries set out premium dergs for high gems, and go around buying up affordable competition and exalting them. It's artificially keeping prices high where the supply outweighs the demand. It's hard to sell dragons now. You can't see any of the eyes on dergs unless it's glow or primal, except with maybe spirals really. Since they can be bought and added later, they hold no value on the AH. Why pay for something you can't see or can add later? The only save, at this point, is to rapidly (not 3 years from now) add in some hatch/breed only eye types and genes, fast. Or, the hatching of G1's and the hatching of nests has little value to most now who have set the play style for years based on those standards. [quote name="Realcottoncat" date="2021-05-08 11:46:22" ] Yeah, I thought after a few days some of my dissapointment might fade but it didn't. It just got worse. There were many things I didn't immediately think of that also made the game more boring for me. I no longer have the desire to pick pretty breeding pairs because even most pretty dergs often go for fodder without anything special like a special eye type on them. I only have 5 pairs where normal dergs from them go for above fodder, and 3 are due to the koi gene while the other two still only go for 20g and lower. Those two pairs that people actually buy from and are not koi were really hard to obtain. Now that special eyes can be bought for treasure, no dragons from any other pairs will ever go for much above fodder. The hope for primal eyes was what influenced me to get pairs that actually looked decent. Now most of my pretty pairs are being phased out and cheaper plentiful breed fodder pairs are gonna take there place since that will be more profitable. The vials also kinda made my lore not make sense? thankfully I don't have to follow canon, but in my lore primal eyes were something rare to obtain and only dragons who had very powerful elemental magic could get them. They were not something applied, they were earned. I had an entire story arc planed around this :l These things are in addition to my initial complaints of lack of things to collect and lack of an actually attainable challenge. [/quote]
This, and more. My dragon I hatched on 4/29 with xxx star con and primal eyes was a special surprise. If it weren't my birthday derg, I'd have been popping him onto AH for some serious gems. And, it was still something I was thinking about doing when they dropped the bomb.

The hatcheries set out premium dergs for high gems, and go around buying up affordable competition and exalting them. It's artificially keeping prices high where the supply outweighs the demand. It's hard to sell dragons now.

You can't see any of the eyes on dergs unless it's glow or primal, except with maybe spirals really. Since they can be bought and added later, they hold no value on the AH. Why pay for something you can't see or can add later?

The only save, at this point, is to rapidly (not 3 years from now) add in some hatch/breed only eye types and genes, fast. Or, the hatching of G1's and the hatching of nests has little value to most now who have set the play style for years based on those standards.

Realcottoncat wrote on 2021-05-08 11:46:22:

EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
[quote] That, like this new update, takes away something that's rng based and is, imo, a core part of the site.[/quote] Rng was never so much of a core mechanic of the site because before eyes were added you could get whatever you wanted off the auction house or apply anything but imp scrolls to a dragon. Genes were based off the parents and not random. Colors were between the two parents and predictable, could be narrowed down, and not off the walls inaccessible. Breeds are not rng I can’t breed two imps and get a mirror and a nocturne. All aspects of a dragon were customizable except gender and changing a flight after they hatched. It never should’ve been rng only because nothing else is rng only. Everything could be bought or reasonably achieved. Eyes were not reasonable. You can even change a dragons gender pose now so hatching a male or female doesn’t matter anymore. It’s obvious eyes were next after pose changes and even more obvious when specialty was split in two when there was so few items in the new specialty marketplace tab. Rng can be avoided 100% in this game and it needs to stay that way.
Quote:

Rng was never so much of a core mechanic of the site because before eyes were added you could get whatever you wanted off the auction house or apply anything but imp scrolls to a dragon.

Genes were based off the parents and not random. Colors were between the two parents and predictable, could be narrowed down, and not off the walls inaccessible. Breeds are not rng I can’t breed two imps and get a mirror and a nocturne.

All aspects of a dragon were customizable except gender and changing a flight after they hatched.

It never should’ve been rng only because nothing else is rng only. Everything could be bought or reasonably achieved. Eyes were not reasonable.

You can even change a dragons gender pose now so hatching a male or female doesn’t matter anymore.

It’s obvious eyes were next after pose changes and even more obvious when specialty was split in two when there was so few items in the new specialty marketplace tab.

Rng can be avoided 100% in this game and it needs to stay that way.

I love you staff and thank you so much for the eye update 2.0! I cannot thank you enough for this!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14