Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [ART][LORE] Fire Architecture
1 2 3 4
as an ember i looooove this so much. amazing work yo
as an ember i looooove this so much. amazing work yo
unknown.png
@Sommar "I bet homes built from old scrapped industrial machines would look quite dope."
Yes.
Yes they would.
They would indeed look quite dope.
If/when I move to fire my clan would like to live there please

@Oranitha "Lava ships are dope, nothing to add there except that frankly, given Fire's canon access to lava-immune alloys, writers can do whateeever we waaaaant. I imagine an alloy plate for the lowest part of the ship's body, then maybe a sort of pipe hell/heat exchange, and then YO HO HO and away you go."

Ceramic hulls!
Reinforced internally with heat-proof alloys? (Ummm how exactly do you forge heat proof stuff? xD)

Oh you even mention ceramic tech, ceramic in crucibles later.

Wow and so much more, I look forward to reading the rest after a sleep, I'm only halfway through p2, thanks for the link here :)

@Sommar "I bet homes built from old scrapped industrial machines would look quite dope."
Yes.
Yes they would.
They would indeed look quite dope.
If/when I move to fire my clan would like to live there please

@Oranitha "Lava ships are dope, nothing to add there except that frankly, given Fire's canon access to lava-immune alloys, writers can do whateeever we waaaaant. I imagine an alloy plate for the lowest part of the ship's body, then maybe a sort of pipe hell/heat exchange, and then YO HO HO and away you go."

Ceramic hulls!
Reinforced internally with heat-proof alloys? (Ummm how exactly do you forge heat proof stuff? xD)

Oh you even mention ceramic tech, ceramic in crucibles later.

Wow and so much more, I look forward to reading the rest after a sleep, I'm only halfway through p2, thanks for the link here :)

qDkA25S.png
who needs a house when you can dig a hole in the ground and have a free pool in your backyard (the pool is lava)
who needs a house when you can dig a hole in the ground and have a free pool in your backyard (the pool is lava)
I don't know much about architecture, but I believe grapes and coffee grow fantastically well in volcanic soils? So I'm putting it in that Fire flight probably has some amazing wineries and coffee breweries going on over there. Combining that with some of the niftier brutalist structures you can find on Google images would make for pretty awesome additions to clan territories.
I don't know much about architecture, but I believe grapes and coffee grow fantastically well in volcanic soils? So I'm putting it in that Fire flight probably has some amazing wineries and coffee breweries going on over there. Combining that with some of the niftier brutalist structures you can find on Google images would make for pretty awesome additions to clan territories.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Sammar having just moved to Wind this image captures my attention greatly [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d2/7f/6e/d27f6e3f77b4d1a0149b1679f65b890f.jpg[/img] is it free to use? @Snek "Fire flight probably has some amazing wineries and coffee breweries going on over there" Definitely some cross border trading occurring with Lightning then Maybe Fire flight trades their coffee for Lightning's 'unwanted' ferrous material. Never been inside Fire flight but I wouldn't be surprised if a large portion of FIre's wine is being traded across the other border with Wind. Wind have really good stories to trade for it I duess? Perhaps Wind provides diplomatic counselling... Fire Flight Diplomacy Course 101: How to talk to other Flights without firing them up *Looks at second empty cup* OK so Wind is probably after a fair bit of that coffee too, although I imagine we are growing a fair bit of our own - we of course like to vary our palette
@Sammar having just moved to Wind this image captures my attention greatly d27f6e3f77b4d1a0149b1679f65b890f.jpg
is it free to use?

@Snek "Fire flight probably has some amazing wineries and coffee breweries going on over there"

Definitely some cross border trading occurring with Lightning then

Maybe Fire flight trades their coffee for Lightning's 'unwanted' ferrous material.
Never been inside Fire flight but I wouldn't be surprised if a large portion of FIre's wine is being traded across the other border with Wind.
Wind have really good stories to trade for it I duess?
Perhaps Wind provides diplomatic counselling...
Fire Flight Diplomacy Course 101: How to talk to other Flights without firing them up

*Looks at second empty cup*
OK so Wind is probably after a fair bit of that coffee too, although I imagine we are growing a fair bit of our own - we of course like to vary our palette
qDkA25S.png
@Oranitha Is Earthquake occurrence in Fire canon? If not, here's another creation story: Flamecaller saw the damage occurring due to fractures in Sornieth's land mass, even due to events far away, through tectonic transference. Seeing the ensuing destruction holding back development, Flamecaller created their settlement on a floating bed of magma, providing a fluid suspension to found industries upon - hence Fire has a relatively highly developed forging industry; whereas other Flight's industries had to rebuild heavily after world-quakes, Fire continued developing, not repairing, their forges Ceramics: Could occur naturally in Fire (and in Lightning too, see below) as silica plains are overheated in patches, and the winds expose the glassed patches Discovering these natural formations, Fire dragons developed technology and methods to create shapes by melting these sands in controlled circumstances (and/or magic, because why not). As Lightning learnt of this process, ceramic insulators began being traded across the border. @Dramadus " near Wind, the glass could rise up in strange formations, like hollow hills. I was also imagining they could form sharp edges, like small groups of spikes. They would be brittle though, so you wouldn't get too hurt if you stumbled into them. " I can imagine massive waves forming where the magma was flowing faster, and encountering a cooling headwind. [url=http://i.imgur.com/fOn1exl.png] [img]http://imgur.com/fOn1exll.png[/img] [/url] The winds could continue to sculpt out the wave's shape long after the magma had cooled, although glass being a lot tougher would probably need some sandstorms blowing in which leads my mind over to the Lightning border... where I can see Lightning forming ceramic patches on the shifting Expanse as it plasma-ises (its a word now ok?) the parts of the Shifting Expanse it touches, also throwing up a mini dust-storm as it hits. Some of these, picked up by the shifting winds form vortex shapes and wander across the plane before being ripped apart by large gusts and fronts. These incoming sandstorms sculpt out a unique borderland between the battling elements Wow now I'm imagining every Flight border is like that no-man strip between North and South Korea in the sense that it is where elemental battles still arise occasionally so its a gazetted no settlement zone. Of course those hollowed out wave-formations could develop into some gnarly shelters, and each flight border would have its own unique shelters forming, so bring on a diverse variety of wasteland wanderer and fringe-dweller lore please!
@Oranitha Is Earthquake occurrence in Fire canon?
If not, here's another creation story:
Flamecaller saw the damage occurring due to fractures in Sornieth's land mass, even due to events far away, through tectonic transference.
Seeing the ensuing destruction holding back development, Flamecaller created their settlement on a floating bed of magma, providing a fluid suspension to found industries upon - hence Fire has a relatively highly developed forging industry; whereas other Flight's industries had to rebuild heavily after world-quakes, Fire continued developing, not repairing, their forges

Ceramics:

Could occur naturally in Fire (and in Lightning too, see below) as silica plains are overheated in patches, and the winds expose the glassed patches

Discovering these natural formations, Fire dragons developed technology and methods to create shapes by melting these sands in controlled circumstances (and/or magic, because why not).
As Lightning learnt of this process, ceramic insulators began being traded across the border.

@Dramadus
" near Wind, the glass could rise up in strange formations, like hollow hills. I was also imagining they could form sharp edges, like small groups of spikes. They would be brittle though, so you wouldn't get too hurt if you stumbled into them. "

I can imagine massive waves forming where the magma was flowing faster, and encountering a cooling headwind.

fOn1exll.png

The winds could continue to sculpt out the wave's shape long after the magma had cooled, although glass being a lot tougher would probably need some sandstorms blowing in which leads my mind over to the Lightning border... where I can see Lightning forming ceramic patches on the shifting Expanse as it plasma-ises (its a word now ok?) the parts of the Shifting Expanse it touches, also throwing up a mini dust-storm as it hits.
Some of these, picked up by the shifting winds form vortex shapes and wander across the plane before being ripped apart by large gusts and fronts.
These incoming sandstorms sculpt out a unique borderland between the battling elements

Wow now I'm imagining every Flight border is like that no-man strip between North and South Korea in the sense that it is where elemental battles still arise occasionally so its a gazetted no settlement zone.
Of course those hollowed out wave-formations could develop into some gnarly shelters, and each flight border would have its own unique shelters forming, so bring on a diverse variety of wasteland wanderer and fringe-dweller lore please!
qDkA25S.png
Ooh, I'd love to be pinged!
Ooh, I'd love to be pinged!
Z1RkWWM.png
@gn0me As far as I know, yes! I didn't cite what I said in the first post about Fire being canonically geologically unstable, but I was probably referencing the magmatic activity itself, Flamemom's BotE "voices" entry about trying to keep the heart of sornieth from overflowing, the flintlock fumaroles, etc. So Fire definitely seems to get hit by a lot of violent tectonic activity. The idea of Flamecaller blessing clans with geologic stability via magma cushion is a neat one for sure!

@Quid knows way more about plate tectonics than I do and, correspondingly, did a way better writeup than I could. The whole thread's a good one and worth a read. Frankly, I adore the greater FR worldbuilding community and hope more folks join in...not that I'm biased...I'm sure I'm not biased. Speaking of...

@Paranormal6 Excellent! <3 You're actually the first person to do so, thank you! I need to remember what it was for, but I'm...90%? sure? it involved trying to gather people interested in worldbuilding together. I'll figure it out.
@gn0me As far as I know, yes! I didn't cite what I said in the first post about Fire being canonically geologically unstable, but I was probably referencing the magmatic activity itself, Flamemom's BotE "voices" entry about trying to keep the heart of sornieth from overflowing, the flintlock fumaroles, etc. So Fire definitely seems to get hit by a lot of violent tectonic activity. The idea of Flamecaller blessing clans with geologic stability via magma cushion is a neat one for sure!

@Quid knows way more about plate tectonics than I do and, correspondingly, did a way better writeup than I could. The whole thread's a good one and worth a read. Frankly, I adore the greater FR worldbuilding community and hope more folks join in...not that I'm biased...I'm sure I'm not biased. Speaking of...

@Paranormal6 Excellent! <3 You're actually the first person to do so, thank you! I need to remember what it was for, but I'm...90%? sure? it involved trying to gather people interested in worldbuilding together. I'll figure it out.
cL9yafY.gif
i'm not a member of fire and kind of thought it was the least interesting flight, at least until i read this thread. howl's moving castle but even moreso made of junk crawling across a volcanic wasteland speaks to my soul. please ping me for more.
i'm not a member of fire and kind of thought it was the least interesting flight, at least until i read this thread. howl's moving castle but even moreso made of junk crawling across a volcanic wasteland speaks to my soul. please ping me for more.
qcCoEff.png Shall We Dance?
x
3+ FRT - HE/IT - OUTFIT THREAD
Yeah, gathering people for worldbuilding! I really like doing it and I’m trying to use it to come up with clan lore.
Yeah, gathering people for worldbuilding! I really like doing it and I’m trying to use it to come up with clan lore.
Z1RkWWM.png
1 2 3 4