Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how do you name your dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Most dragons get a name I feel 'fits' them, depending on their color schemes and genes and overall aesthetic, though they may stay Unnamed for years. Scientific or mythological names are a good fallback. I rarely use the generator (tho the evidence of my early days leaves my lair and dragon history riddled with Zeniths and Andromedas).
Pairs usually have some sort of a naming convention based on their look. My subspecies with firefly are named after fireflies, lights and stars. My butterfly imps are named after butterflies, and my metals pair are named after various metals.
Most dragons get a name I feel 'fits' them, depending on their color schemes and genes and overall aesthetic, though they may stay Unnamed for years. Scientific or mythological names are a good fallback. I rarely use the generator (tho the evidence of my early days leaves my lair and dragon history riddled with Zeniths and Andromedas).
Pairs usually have some sort of a naming convention based on their look. My subspecies with firefly are named after fireflies, lights and stars. My butterfly imps are named after butterflies, and my metals pair are named after various metals.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
@Ashune that last one is a really interesting process, I'll try it. How did you come up with it?
@Ashune that last one is a really interesting process, I'll try it. How did you come up with it?
1b82b988bb765cc205b1929d59a834f02c6e137a.png
bYt72YT.pngLRdLP2V.pngjI9KbMj.pngUdd22Jj.pngQQYyU47.pngJ7D1quC.png
q7KYqlT.pngFObX7rS.pngBzjAkuF.pngTsZSlfa.pngq7KYqlT.png
Usually after animals, objects, and other things I think will match them
Usually after animals, objects, and other things I think will match them
YOauEPv.gif[/url I never knew Flight Rising had a forum for the longest time. Now that I do, so far it's awesome.
rummage around in my brain's bin of character names from various things! or look at a name generator (not fr's)
rummage around in my brain's bin of character names from various things! or look at a name generator (not fr's)
like a suburban middle class soccer mom names her unloved trophy kids

ys and hs everywhere in weirdly-spelled versions of normal words

i have one that's just named naydra with unnecessary extra es and is

tatzlweyr is just tatzlwurm spelled like it's mackayyleigh with a hint of "werewolf" and "wyrd" and "weald" in there

i cannot stress enough that fjorngard is just fjord+beorn+midgard

tihembyr is just the word timber with a y

gloon is just gloom with half the m chopped off

i am a fraud
like a suburban middle class soccer mom names her unloved trophy kids

ys and hs everywhere in weirdly-spelled versions of normal words

i have one that's just named naydra with unnecessary extra es and is

tatzlweyr is just tatzlwurm spelled like it's mackayyleigh with a hint of "werewolf" and "wyrd" and "weald" in there

i cannot stress enough that fjorngard is just fjord+beorn+midgard

tihembyr is just the word timber with a y

gloon is just gloom with half the m chopped off

i am a fraud
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Look at my progens and tell me you don’t see a goddamn pattern

My creativity is limitless, i need no random name generator, for it was me all along!!
Look at my progens and tell me you don’t see a goddamn pattern

My creativity is limitless, i need no random name generator, for it was me all along!!
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
What ever suits them. A lot of the time it’s whatever pops into my head that works. If nothing comes I’ll just leave them Unnamed until something does pop up (often referred to as telling me their name). If I’m particularly hard pressed for a name I’ll do a few cycles of the random generator for inspiration, sometimes just sticking with what it spits out. Sometimes they come with names.

It all depends on what he dragon. The easiest are the fandergs.
What ever suits them. A lot of the time it’s whatever pops into my head that works. If nothing comes I’ll just leave them Unnamed until something does pop up (often referred to as telling me their name). If I’m particularly hard pressed for a name I’ll do a few cycles of the random generator for inspiration, sometimes just sticking with what it spits out. Sometimes they come with names.

It all depends on what he dragon. The easiest are the fandergs.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
usually just references from shows/media i like or song lyrics/names
usually just references from shows/media i like or song lyrics/names
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
Google works wonders
Google works wonders
66283183.png 66719993.png
most of the time i use the random generator (with the exception of two), which is a bit sad since the only thing i have is permas

idk, i guess it helps me stay detached from my dragons, as i intend to sell most of them later on
most of the time i use the random generator (with the exception of two), which is a bit sad since the only thing i have is permas

idk, i guess it helps me stay detached from my dragons, as i intend to sell most of them later on
1d4f0e317221f41adfe800d877ddc053e6c0ba39.png b8b0fbcee70546d91c691fcfb4910d790e67c1dc.png
- skin shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9