Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why do you value unbred dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I don't really care if any dragon has been bred before. I actually find myself having a soft spot for father dragons being put up as exalt fodder. I've saved quite a few.

I just don't like the ones that all have like "Snowball" or some other common name or word for all their hatchlings' names. Don't know why, but I just don't like the look of it. But honestly, it really doesn't matter to me.
I don't really care if any dragon has been bred before. I actually find myself having a soft spot for father dragons being put up as exalt fodder. I've saved quite a few.

I just don't like the ones that all have like "Snowball" or some other common name or word for all their hatchlings' names. Don't know why, but I just don't like the look of it. But honestly, it really doesn't matter to me.
tumblr_inline_npp8nyFo5N1r0g4u9_540.png X tumblr_inline_nppef4YToG1r0g4u9_540.png
X
it depends on if its gen1 or not. gen1s (with the exceptions of my progens) i usually want unbred (since its more like my personal preference), but any other derg is basically fair game. it doesn't rlly incorporate anything into my personal lore but im always curious to see the dergs previous offspring
it depends on if its gen1 or not. gen1s (with the exceptions of my progens) i usually want unbred (since its more like my personal preference), but any other derg is basically fair game. it doesn't rlly incorporate anything into my personal lore but im always curious to see the dergs previous offspring
nature.gif SKOGUR
they/them

wishlist
artshop
I focus more in the collection aspect of the game rather than the breeding (although I tend to take on breeding projects for fandragons since I want specific colors for those), so I don't do much breeding by default. That and having an empty, clean offspring list and no connections to other dragons/people makes my brain happy. Also for lore reasons, since certain dragons having kids/mates doesn't make sense for their character.
I focus more in the collection aspect of the game rather than the breeding (although I tend to take on breeding projects for fandragons since I want specific colors for those), so I don't do much breeding by default. That and having an empty, clean offspring list and no connections to other dragons/people makes my brain happy. Also for lore reasons, since certain dragons having kids/mates doesn't make sense for their character.
Signature Machine Broke
849-gi.png
hh5n4WA.pngXC93sMs.png
wthFnM3.pngYMPbu9R.png
Breeding isn't a big part of the game for me. I like the neat look of that double none/none in their info box. It just looks better to me!
Breeding isn't a big part of the game for me. I like the neat look of that double none/none in their info box. It just looks better to me!
6ntc1cC.jpg
[quote name="WarMutt" date="2020-12-22 09:38:24" ] so basically most people here hate the fact that this is a dragon BREEDING site nad refuse to do it. [/quote] It's an "interacting with your dragons however you want to" site. It's not as if there's any shortage of dragons. Most dragons that hatch end up being exalted. If more people bred their dragons, *more* dragons would be hatched, and thus even more dragons would be exalted. And there's not any shortage of breeders, either. Some people breed dragons that they hope to be able to sell for a high price; some people breed fodder to sell or exalt; some people breed toward a particular project outcome. I personally just enjoy making more dragons. Enough people are choosing to breed dragons such that the site has a continuing supply of new dragons - indeed, a continuing oversupply. So there's no reason for someone to add to the supply unless they want to. There are lots of other valid and satisfying ways to interact with one's dergs.
WarMutt wrote on 2020-12-22 09:38:24:
so basically most people here hate the fact that this is a dragon BREEDING site nad refuse to do it.
It's an "interacting with your dragons however you want to" site.

It's not as if there's any shortage of dragons. Most dragons that hatch end up being exalted. If more people bred their dragons, *more* dragons would be hatched, and thus even more dragons would be exalted.

And there's not any shortage of breeders, either. Some people breed dragons that they hope to be able to sell for a high price; some people breed fodder to sell or exalt; some people breed toward a particular project outcome. I personally just enjoy making more dragons.

Enough people are choosing to breed dragons such that the site has a continuing supply of new dragons - indeed, a continuing oversupply. So there's no reason for someone to add to the supply unless they want to. There are lots of other valid and satisfying ways to interact with one's dergs.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="LuminAgricola" date="2020-12-22 20:06:33" ] [quote name="WarMutt" date="2020-12-22 09:38:24" ] so basically most people here hate the fact that this is a dragon BREEDING site nad refuse to do it. [/quote] It's an "interacting with your dragons however you want to" site. [/quote] I mean, yes it is a breeding game; that is what it’s mechanics center around, but you don’t *need* to breed to enjoy it. I like the RNG of breeding and making pretty dragons I want, but I enjoy dressing up the dragons I have more. Which is supported by the game and is not effected by breeding. As is Coli, and many other mechanics. It’s not as if you can only ‘win’ by breeding. I like the clean slate look on dragons I buy, and I like not feeling obligated to explain offspring lists in my lore. But I don’t hate breeding.
LuminAgricola wrote on 2020-12-22 20:06:33:
WarMutt wrote on 2020-12-22 09:38:24:
so basically most people here hate the fact that this is a dragon BREEDING site nad refuse to do it.
It's an "interacting with your dragons however you want to" site.

I mean, yes it is a breeding game; that is what it’s mechanics center around, but you don’t *need* to breed to enjoy it. I like the RNG of breeding and making pretty dragons I want, but I enjoy dressing up the dragons I have more. Which is supported by the game and is not effected by breeding. As is Coli, and many other mechanics. It’s not as if you can only ‘win’ by breeding.

I like the clean slate look on dragons I buy, and I like not feeling obligated to explain offspring lists in my lore. But I don’t hate breeding.
I value gen ones for fandragons so as to either fit a character's lore or for the challenge / joy of it.

I used to breed my fandragons to start, but found it way too stressful and annoying as I was counting down the breeding cool down days. It's much more freeing just to get a gen one and now I can use my nests for pretty things I can sell or keep around.

I find making the perfect fandragon a little to easy otherwise, and not like I can breed em' either, since the elements would usually be off.
(Nest rentals are divine, but my fancy service bonuses have long run dry, or I'd forget to pick em up or something)
I value gen ones for fandragons so as to either fit a character's lore or for the challenge / joy of it.

I used to breed my fandragons to start, but found it way too stressful and annoying as I was counting down the breeding cool down days. It's much more freeing just to get a gen one and now I can use my nests for pretty things I can sell or keep around.

I find making the perfect fandragon a little to easy otherwise, and not like I can breed em' either, since the elements would usually be off.
(Nest rentals are divine, but my fancy service bonuses have long run dry, or I'd forget to pick em up or something)
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
it really depends on the dragon for me. Some times I don't mind, but other times if it's a dragon I'm purchasing for a specific role or lore purpose in my clan I want them unbred because that isn't part of their lore, or it looks a little more neat and tidy in general.

I'm working on revamping my lair at the moment and I don't plan to have any of the dragons in my main tab to be bred because I want them more for the aesthetics.
it really depends on the dragon for me. Some times I don't mind, but other times if it's a dragon I'm purchasing for a specific role or lore purpose in my clan I want them unbred because that isn't part of their lore, or it looks a little more neat and tidy in general.

I'm working on revamping my lair at the moment and I don't plan to have any of the dragons in my main tab to be bred because I want them more for the aesthetics.
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
...easier for lore
...easier for lore
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
as for g1s, its definitely the cleanness of having none/none under parents and offspring

edit: and also the freedom to write literally whatever lore you want. no familial ties to worry about.
as for g1s, its definitely the cleanness of having none/none under parents and offspring

edit: and also the freedom to write literally whatever lore you want. no familial ties to worry about.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8