Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Welcome to the Nature.2 Flight
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
I was also instantly reminded of the archer apparel set and was quite disappointed. I wish it was just the instrument and bottles, or that at least the fabric would look more worn out.

Oh well, at least this means I don’t have to stress so much about gathering enough shrooms for everything and I can just dump all my excess shrooms on scenes.
I was also instantly reminded of the archer apparel set and was quite disappointed. I wish it was just the instrument and bottles, or that at least the fabric would look more worn out.

Oh well, at least this means I don’t have to stress so much about gathering enough shrooms for everything and I can just dump all my excess shrooms on scenes.
This fest has left me feeling like there's something massive missing

It's just unfair, plain and simple, to make an entire flight dedicated to survival and rot and the reality of the world and then try to pretend like it doesn't exist while showering it's sisters and brothers in love.

If they were going to censor everything about suffering for a flight that's central theme is 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger', then what was even the point of making the flight??

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. I like that the devs listen to the community sometimes. I LOVE Plague, its aesthetic, and the lore themes that run through it, even if I'm not in the flight myself.

I don't love clear and evident playing of favorites.
And I don't like that the people of Plague flight have to relegate themselves to 'pretty woodland bard, but with bones' after all the other flights this cycle year got apparel actually relevant to their respective themes.
Especially because the familiar and scene are wonderful, they fit the theme and and look amazing. Why can we have that, but not apparel, the thing that people arguably want the most? Or skins- why are half of them mushrooms? Look, I like fungi as much as the next guy but this isn't the mushroom flight. It's supposed to be about life and death and survival and the beauty of toughing it out in a rough world. Not mushrooms.
Even one of the fest skins is a blatant clone of one from last year. How is this acceptable?
Accent: Vermin vs Accent: Queenly Carapace
And what's with the zombie skin? This has nothing to do with the art of the skin itself, but the theme- Zombies. Aren't zombies the absolute antithesis of everything that plague stands for?

I refuse to believe anymore that they are playing to people's sensitivities. Firstly, that's unfair to the large group of players who do want to see Plague-themed Plague fesitvals (How many threads have I seen, especially this year, begging for the fest to be themed well, but cynically knowing it wont [and being right], vs how many threads have I seen of people actively complaining about the Plague flight? None! Not even one. I've seen plenty of people saying it's not their cup of tea and they just avoid it, and that's fine. I just don't see why we can't have one week out of 52 dedicated to Plague! Everyone else gets a week. Why can't Plague get their week without being told, 'no, no, that hurts someone's feelings'?)

Secondly, if that was the truth then the familiar, an arachnid covered in boils and rotting flesh on its pincers, wouldn't be the first thing you see when you open the site.

I just don't understand it.

Why, devs? Why do you have to shove Plague in the closet? Why won't you talk to us about it? Why does plague get blatantly disregarded, year after year?

It's just unfair, plain and simple, to make an entire flight dedicated to survival and rot and the reality of the world and then try to pretend like it doesn't exist while showering it's sisters and brothers in love.

If they were going to censor everything about suffering for a flight that's central theme is 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger', then what was even the point of making the flight??

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. I like that the devs listen to the community sometimes. I LOVE Plague, its aesthetic, and the lore themes that run through it, even if I'm not in the flight myself.

And I don't like that the people of Plague flight have to relegate themselves to 'pretty woodland bard, but with bones' after all the other flights this cycle year got apparel actually relevant to their respective themes.
Especially because the familiar and scene are wonderful, they fit the theme and and look amazing. Why can we have that, but not apparel, the thing that people arguably want the most? Or skins- why are half of them mushrooms? Look, I like fungi as much as the next guy but this isn't the mushroom flight. It's supposed to be about life and death and survival and the beauty of toughing it out in a rough world. Not mushrooms.
Even one of the fest skins is a blatant clone of one from last year. How is this acceptable?
And what's with the zombie skin? This has nothing to do with the art of the skin itself, but the theme- Zombies. Aren't zombies the absolute antithesis of everything that plague stands for?

I refuse to believe anymore that they are playing to people's sensitivities. Firstly, that's unfair to the large group of players who do want to see Plague-themed Plague fesitvals (How many threads have I seen, especially this year, begging for the fest to be themed well, but cynically knowing it wont [and being right], vs how many threads have I seen of people actively complaining about the Plague flight? None! Not even one. I've seen plenty of people saying it's not their cup of tea and they just avoid it, and that's fine. I just don't see why we can't have one week out of 52 dedicated to Plague! Everyone else gets a week. Why can't Plague get their week without being told, 'no, no, that hurts someone's feelings'?)

Secondly, if that was the truth then the familiar, an arachnid covered in boils and rotting flesh on its pincers, wouldn't be the first thing you see when you open the site.

Why, devs? Why do you have to shove Plague in the closet? Why won't you talk to us about it? Why does plague get blatantly disregarded, year after year?
LRdLP2V.pngG8AyR6r.png6Ef6hwD.pngaC86tUH.png
kHBaXec.pngmmoRz30.pngdjVsGUf.pngMOCTGj3.png
YMPbu9R.png
I love the scene. I love to like all the skins. How good they fit is a valid question, but they're better than whay I expected. (I didn't look at the submissions first, maybe I should start doing that, maybe not, I might just get disappointed) The familiar is cool too.
The apparel? 100% agree on the cheap Halloween costume. I like the harp, I'm definitely going to buy it but after a while it's likely going to end up somewhere in my hoard. It's by far my least favorite piece of festival apparel I've been able to buy. Hm, the hazebeacon was cute. I love it. Using zombie for Plague is, well, questionable, but I'm glad it exists.
I love the scene. I love to like all the skins. How good they fit is a valid question, but they're better than whay I expected. (I didn't look at the submissions first, maybe I should start doing that, maybe not, I might just get disappointed) The familiar is cool too.
The apparel? 100% agree on the cheap Halloween costume. I like the harp, I'm definitely going to buy it but after a while it's likely going to end up somewhere in my hoard. It's by far my least favorite piece of festival apparel I've been able to buy. Hm, the hazebeacon was cute. I love it. Using zombie for Plague is, well, questionable, but I'm glad it exists.
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
Yeah, I’m kinda disappointed with the apparel too. I was really excited when I saw the bone harp, but then when I saw the weird bright green hat I was really sad. I don’t mind the funky scarf part as much, though I really wish that was less green too. I mean, all the flights get off years and funky apparel occasionally, and we’ll probably get a recolor eventually, but... green? Really? There are two other green flights. We don’t need to be the third.

The skins I’m fine with, I mean, they mostly aren’t my style and aren’t something I’d use, but that’s just because my aesthetic doesn’t have much room for mushrooms. And I don’t usually use many fest skins anyways. I do absolutely ADORE the skeleton imp, however, and it fits perfectly within my aesthetic, so I’m really happy about that one! I think it’s good progress away from zombies, especially since we asked for that, and maybe we’ll get more freedom to draw more decay.

Also, that scene is absolutely incredible. I haven’t been a big fan of scenes so far, just because they’re expensive and haven’t really matched my dragons yet, but I need so many of these scenes. (Also I need to stock up on emblems, so I’m gonna be going broke this RoR.)

Also! The familiar makes me really happy. I love scorpions!
Yeah, I’m kinda disappointed with the apparel too. I was really excited when I saw the bone harp, but then when I saw the weird bright green hat I was really sad. I don’t mind the funky scarf part as much, though I really wish that was less green too. I mean, all the flights get off years and funky apparel occasionally, and we’ll probably get a recolor eventually, but... green? Really? There are two other green flights. We don’t need to be the third.

The skins I’m fine with, I mean, they mostly aren’t my style and aren’t something I’d use, but that’s just because my aesthetic doesn’t have much room for mushrooms. And I don’t usually use many fest skins anyways. I do absolutely ADORE the skeleton imp, however, and it fits perfectly within my aesthetic, so I’m really happy about that one! I think it’s good progress away from zombies, especially since we asked for that, and maybe we’ll get more freedom to draw more decay.

Also, that scene is absolutely incredible. I haven’t been a big fan of scenes so far, just because they’re expensive and haven’t really matched my dragons yet, but I need so many of these scenes. (Also I need to stock up on emblems, so I’m gonna be going broke this RoR.)

Also! The familiar makes me really happy. I love scorpions!
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
I'm usually not one to complain at all but I am incredibly disappointed by this years RoR. I love the scene (and the familiar is fine) don't get me wrong, but that's about all that I love about this festival.

Out of the fourteen skins that were accepted this year, I only really see two that fit the Plague aesthetic. I of course mean no offence to the skin creators who had their submissions accepted with this - your work is stunning, as always.

I feel that as a flight, Plague is constantly 'dulled down' to an extent that the items we get for our festival aren't always true to the nature of our flight alignment. The apparel item really doesn't feel remotely plague-ish at all imo. We've had so much green lately, where is our red apparel at? Where is the blood? The horror element seems to be completely missing.

It's just left me feeling deflated to be honest.
I'm usually not one to complain at all but I am incredibly disappointed by this years RoR. I love the scene (and the familiar is fine) don't get me wrong, but that's about all that I love about this festival.

Out of the fourteen skins that were accepted this year, I only really see two that fit the Plague aesthetic. I of course mean no offence to the skin creators who had their submissions accepted with this - your work is stunning, as always.

I feel that as a flight, Plague is constantly 'dulled down' to an extent that the items we get for our festival aren't always true to the nature of our flight alignment. The apparel item really doesn't feel remotely plague-ish at all imo. We've had so much green lately, where is our red apparel at? Where is the blood? The horror element seems to be completely missing.

It's just left me feeling deflated to be honest.
[quote name="tytytytytytyty1" date="2020-10-25 08:26:53" ] This fest has left me feeling like there's something massive missing It's just unfair, plain and simple, to make an entire flight dedicated to survival and rot and the reality of the world and then try to pretend like it doesn't exist while showering it's sisters and brothers in love. If they were going to censor everything about suffering for a flight that's central theme is 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger', then what was even the point of making the flight?? Don't get me wrong, I love this game. I like that the devs listen to the community sometimes. I LOVE Plague, its aesthetic, and the lore themes that run through it, even if I'm not in the flight myself. I don't love clear and evident playing of favorites. And I don't like that the people of Plague flight have to relegate themselves to 'pretty woodland bard, but with bones' after all the other flights this cycle year got apparel actually relevant to their respective themes. Especially because the familiar and scene are wonderful, they fit the theme and and look amazing. Why can we have that, but not apparel, the thing that people arguably want the most? Or skins- why are half of them mushrooms? Look, I like fungi as much as the next guy but this isn't the mushroom flight. It's supposed to be about life and death and survival and the beauty of toughing it out in a rough world. Not mushrooms. Even one of the fest skins is a blatant clone of one from last year. How is this acceptable? Accent: Vermin vs Accent: Queenly Carapace And what's with the zombie skin? This has nothing to do with the art of the skin itself, but the theme- Zombies. Aren't zombies the absolute antithesis of everything that plague stands for? I refuse to believe anymore that they are playing to people's sensitivities. Firstly, that's unfair to the large group of players who do want to see Plague-themed Plague fesitvals (How many threads have I seen, especially this year, begging for the fest to be themed well, but cynically knowing it wont [and being right], vs how many threads have I seen of people actively complaining about the Plague flight? None! Not even one. I've seen plenty of people saying it's not their cup of tea and they just avoid it, and that's fine. I just don't see why we can't have one week out of 52 dedicated to Plague! Everyone else gets a week. Why can't Plague get their week without being told, 'no, no, that hurts someone's feelings'?) Secondly, if that was the truth then the familiar, an arachnid covered in boils and rotting flesh on its pincers, wouldn't be the first thing you see when you open the site. I just don't understand it. Why, devs? Why do you have to shove Plague in the closet? Why won't you talk to us about it? Why does plague get blatantly disregarded, year after year? [/quote] So well said... Felt so sad when I saw the accents , skins and apparel. No disrespect to the artists but there were more plague like stuff submitted..
tytytytytytyty1 wrote on 2020-10-25 08:26:53:

So well said...
Felt so sad when I saw the accents , skins and apparel. No disrespect to the artists but there were more plague like stuff submitted..
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
It's radioactive green with bones, not very nature-y for me. Won't it create the bloody red and sickly green visual of Plague when dressed on a right kind of red coloured dragon? That was my first thought on it. I prolly wont use it as red dragons aren't my thing, nor is neon green, but it's no skin off my back. Edit: my one whine about the apparel is that the harp is so clean and almost toony. Why are the harp strings bones and not tendons? How do you play it, it's going to sound like a xylophone. [emoji=tundra tongue size=2]
It's radioactive green with bones, not very nature-y for me.

Won't it create the bloody red and sickly green visual of Plague when dressed on a right kind of red coloured dragon? That was my first thought on it.

I prolly wont use it as red dragons aren't my thing, nor is neon green, but it's no skin off my back.

Edit: my one whine about the apparel is that the harp is so clean and almost toony.
Why are the harp strings bones and not tendons? How do you play it, it's going to sound like a xylophone.
[quote name="PlagueMaw" date="2020-10-25 08:41:43" ] [font=calibri]It's radioactive green with bones, not very nature-y for me. Won't it create the bloody red and sickly green visual of Plague when dressed on a right kind of red coloured dragon? That was my first thought on it. [/quote] [font=calibri]The vials and accents are radioactive green, totally ok. The rest is a very deep and rich forest green. Not very plague-y in my opinion. A dull red, brown or swampy / decayed green would have been nicer.
PlagueMaw wrote on 2020-10-25 08:41:43:
It's radioactive green with bones, not very nature-y for me.

Won't it create the bloody red and sickly green visual of Plague when dressed on a right kind of red coloured dragon? That was my first thought on it.

The vials and accents are radioactive green, totally ok. The rest is a very deep and rich forest green.
Not very plague-y in my opinion. A dull red, brown or swampy / decayed green would have been nicer.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
there's also something to be said for being in Nature and feeing less special because you keep getting forced to share with your sister
there's also something to be said for being in Nature and feeing less special because you keep getting forced to share with your sister
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png40.png
I'm genuinely so disappointed and mad. It's literally a nature aesthetic, just with bones? There's nothing survival or fighting themed, this is genuinely the worst RoR I've gone over.

The skins are also like. They're good but some of them don't even have out aesthetic. The MSnapper one looks like a Fire accent. They skipped over some of the best skins I've ever seen.
They really did neuter our flight.
I'm genuinely so disappointed and mad. It's literally a nature aesthetic, just with bones? There's nothing survival or fighting themed, this is genuinely the worst RoR I've gone over.

The skins are also like. They're good but some of them don't even have out aesthetic. The MSnapper one looks like a Fire accent. They skipped over some of the best skins I've ever seen.
They really did neuter our flight.
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26