Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Welcome to the Nature.2 Flight
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26
When they locked the thread it was at 163 comments and is now 156. I also don't remember seeing any violating comments as I checked the thread intermittently throughout the first day and even remarked to myself how civil everything was. There was a lot of emotion for sure but nothing overstepped imo. If there was any drama it was brought in from off site.
When they locked the thread it was at 163 comments and is now 156. I also don't remember seeing any violating comments as I checked the thread intermittently throughout the first day and even remarked to myself how civil everything was. There was a lot of emotion for sure but nothing overstepped imo. If there was any drama it was brought in from off site.
4QvO8UY.png
Howdy, my name is Ace!
They/Them, He/Him

• Artist
• Old and Tired™
• Might take a bit to respond but pings and PMs are always welcome!
@TheWormwood @Doodlepede

I did look....
There were 556 comments last night and there are 556 comments now...and it's still locked for review.

I keep coming across all these random comments that the Flight is about to be deleted/Devs hate the Flight/Regret making it and so on...all being presented as the absolute truth when in point of fact no one knows any such thing and is assuming it based on being given a piece of Fest apparel in green and a few skins with mushrooms on them.

Now this.

Less Drama and more facts would be nice...
@TheWormwood @Doodlepede

I did look....
There were 556 comments last night and there are 556 comments now...and it's still locked for review.

I keep coming across all these random comments that the Flight is about to be deleted/Devs hate the Flight/Regret making it and so on...all being presented as the absolute truth when in point of fact no one knows any such thing and is assuming it based on being given a piece of Fest apparel in green and a few skins with mushrooms on them.

Now this.

Looking for Tidelord...wN876Zm.gif1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
[quote name="IronMoon" date="2020-10-27 12:08:38" ] @TheWormwood @Doodlepede I did look.... There were 556 comments last night and there are 556 comments now...and it's still locked for review. I keep coming across all these random comments that the Flight is about to be deleted/Devs hate the Flight/Regret making it and so on...all being presented as the absolute truth when in point of fact no one knows any such thing and is assuming it based on being given a piece of Fest apparel in green and a few skins with mushrooms on them. Now this. Less Drama and more facts would be nice... [/quote] I had the tab open from yesterday, where there were more posts, and came back to it this afternoon to find less. I haven't anywhere, at any point said anything about the flight being deleted, or devs hating the flight - please don't ascribe either of these things to me.
IronMoon wrote on 2020-10-27 12:08:38:
@TheWormwood @Doodlepede

I did look....

Now this.

I had the tab open from yesterday, where there were more posts, and came back to it this afternoon to find less.

I haven't anywhere, at any point said anything about the flight being deleted, or devs hating the flight - please don't ascribe either of these things to me.
S0DOppf.pngbicatcher.png
?? Our fest currency is mushrooms. The festival banner is bones and mushrooms.
People complain about plague-fan-made skins that there is too much mushrooms and bones.

Uh. Haven't fungal infections always been a thing in Plague? (and someone a little bit on the sharp-side might have noticed that the FR festivals/flights follow the real life seasonal change with their themes, where ever applicable)

Also consider:
1. when the game launched it was still looking for it's final style and devs were new on the business field.
2. turns out there's laws regarding what you can show to an audience of certain age
3. devs need to make a choise; change the earlier style or lock accounts of younger players and tell them to come back in few years. which one is going to hurt both the players and company less? hmmm.

I would love to have full uncensored range of both visuals and lore, and I don’t mean just death and gore. (hey that rhymed!) I find just the restriction of certain words here on forum between bizarre and harmful remnant from some puritan era.
But.
This game doesn't owe me anything? At the end of the day I'll voice my opinions/requests once, and if the game eventually developes in a way I don’t find it worth playing anymore, I'll simply stop playing.
I'll be bummed out of course, I already am bummed out by the downplay of plague visuals (and some other things, Plague isn't the only "victim" here) but again, the game or devs don't owe me anything.

This is some karen-level entitled drama. No wonder if other flights are rolling their eyes at us.
Light took their addition of pitch black in the fest aesthetics in a swing, for example.

edit:typos
?? Our fest currency is mushrooms. The festival banner is bones and mushrooms.
People complain about plague-fan-made skins that there is too much mushrooms and bones.

Uh. Haven't fungal infections always been a thing in Plague? (and someone a little bit on the sharp-side might have noticed that the FR festivals/flights follow the real life seasonal change with their themes, where ever applicable)

Also consider:
1. when the game launched it was still looking for it's final style and devs were new on the business field.
2. turns out there's laws regarding what you can show to an audience of certain age
3. devs need to make a choise; change the earlier style or lock accounts of younger players and tell them to come back in few years. which one is going to hurt both the players and company less? hmmm.

I would love to have full uncensored range of both visuals and lore, and I don’t mean just death and gore. (hey that rhymed!) I find just the restriction of certain words here on forum between bizarre and harmful remnant from some puritan era.
But.
This game doesn't owe me anything? At the end of the day I'll voice my opinions/requests once, and if the game eventually developes in a way I don’t find it worth playing anymore, I'll simply stop playing.
I'll be bummed out of course, I already am bummed out by the downplay of plague visuals (and some other things, Plague isn't the only "victim" here) but again, the game or devs don't owe me anything.

This is some karen-level entitled drama. No wonder if other flights are rolling their eyes at us.
Light took their addition of pitch black in the fest aesthetics in a swing, for example.

edit:typos
It's not 100% impossible that some people are deleting their own comments for whatever reason. A handful of comments out of over 500. Eh who knows.
It's not 100% impossible that some people are deleting their own comments for whatever reason. A handful of comments out of over 500. Eh who knows.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
[quote name="Metalhead" date="2020-10-27 12:22:42" ] [font=calibri]It's not 100% impossible that some people are deleting their own comments for whatever reason. A handful of comments out of over 500. Eh who knows. [/quote] [font=calibri]You can't delete your own comments once locked. Just checked one of mine on the last page before it got locked, and it's not able to be deleted at the moment. So it has to be the staff doing it.
Metalhead wrote on 2020-10-27 12:22:42:

You can't delete your own comments once locked. Just checked one of mine on the last page before it got locked, and it's not able to be deleted at the moment. So it has to be the staff doing it.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
[quote name="Univelka" date="2020-10-27 12:22:28" ][font=calibri]I would love to have full uncensored range of both visuals and lore, and I don’t mean just death and gore. [ ... ] But. [b]This game doesn't owe me anything?[/b] At the end of the day I'll voice my opinions/requests once, and if the game eventually developes in a way I don’t find it worth playing anymore, I'll simply stop playing.[/quote] [font=calibri]I disagree with the bolded statement. The game does owe us [i]something[/i], and not just Plague specifically. Without the older players, without the kickstarters, without people buying gems, without active players [b][i]there would be no game.[/i][/b] So yes, it's in their best interest to appeal to their playerbase and consider their valid concerns and criticisms.
Univelka wrote on 2020-10-27 12:22:28:
I would love to have full uncensored range of both visuals and lore, and I don’t mean just death and gore. [ ... ] But. This game doesn't owe me anything? At the end of the day I'll voice my opinions/requests once, and if the game eventually developes in a way I don’t find it worth playing anymore, I'll simply stop playing.

I disagree with the bolded statement.

The game does owe us something, and not just Plague specifically. Without the older players, without the kickstarters, without people buying gems, without active players there would be no game. So yes, it's in their best interest to appeal to their playerbase and consider their valid concerns and criticisms.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
[quote name="Melralis" date="2020-10-27 12:26:40" ] [quote name="Metalhead" date="2020-10-27 12:22:42" ] [font=calibri]It's not 100% impossible that some people are deleting their own comments for whatever reason. A handful of comments out of over 500. Eh who knows. [/quote] [font=calibri]You can't delete your own comments once locked. Just checked one of mine on the last page before it got locked, and it's not able to be deleted at the moment. So it has to be the staff doing it. [/quote] If someone asks about upcoming updates/something unrelated or two people slip into holding an off-topic conversation there it gets snipped+relocated/deleted. And if they have to lock up a thread and read thru hundreds of comments, they'll probably apply a bit stricter rules on them, as opposed to just casually eyeballing the topic normally. Just a hunch.
Melralis wrote on 2020-10-27 12:26:40:
Metalhead wrote on 2020-10-27 12:22:42:

You can't delete your own comments once locked. Just checked one of mine on the last page before it got locked, and it's not able to be deleted at the moment. So it has to be the staff doing it.

If someone asks about upcoming updates/something unrelated or two people slip into holding an off-topic conversation there it gets snipped+relocated/deleted.
And if they have to lock up a thread and read thru hundreds of comments, they'll probably apply a bit stricter rules on them, as opposed to just casually eyeballing the topic normally.
Just a hunch.
[quote name="@Melralis" date="2020-10-27 12:30:23" ] [quote name="Univelka" date="2020-10-27 12:22:28" ][font=calibri]I would love to have full uncensored range of both visuals and lore, and I don’t mean just death and gore. [ ... ] But. [b]This game doesn't owe me anything?[/b] At the end of the day I'll voice my opinions/requests once, and if the game eventually developes in a way I don’t find it worth playing anymore, I'll simply stop playing.[/quote] [font=calibri]I disagree with the bolded statement. The game does owe us [i]something[/i], and not just Plague specifically. Without the older players, without the kickstarters, without people buying gems, without active players [b][i]there would be no game.[/i][/b] So yes, it's in their best interest to appeal to their playerbase and consider their valid concerns and criticisms. [/quote] I would agree if we bought a game under certain terms. We haven't been forced to buy anything, or donate in the kickstarter. I'm also all for voicing concerns and critizism like I said earlier. But I'm not for entitled attitude, turning minor/medium concers or one dang piece of apparel into overdramatic issue and talks about how the entire flight is hated or talking about a small browser game like it's a life defining thing.
@Melralis wrote on 2020-10-27 12:30:23:
Univelka wrote on 2020-10-27 12:22:28:
I would love to have full uncensored range of both visuals and lore, and I don’t mean just death and gore. [ ... ] But. This game doesn't owe me anything? At the end of the day I'll voice my opinions/requests once, and if the game eventually developes in a way I don’t find it worth playing anymore, I'll simply stop playing.

I disagree with the bolded statement.

The game does owe us something, and not just Plague specifically. Without the older players, without the kickstarters, without people buying gems, without active players there would be no game. So yes, it's in their best interest to appeal to their playerbase and consider their valid concerns and criticisms.

I would agree if we bought a game under certain terms. We haven't been forced to buy anything, or donate in the kickstarter.

I'm also all for voicing concerns and critizism like I said earlier. But I'm not for entitled attitude, turning minor/medium concers or one dang piece of apparel into overdramatic issue and talks about how the entire flight is hated or talking about a small browser game like it's a life defining thing.
[quote name="AceZaslavsky" date="2020-10-27 12:03:32" ] When they locked the thread it was at 163 comments and is now 156. I also don't remember seeing any violating comments as I checked the thread intermittently throughout the first day and even remarked to myself how civil everything was. There was a lot of emotion for sure but nothing overstepped imo. If there was any drama it was brought in from off site. [/quote] I was reading through the comments on hours before it got locked and while 95% of the complaints were just normal dissapointment but there were a few back and forths between players that were pretty dramatic and snarky. Alot of " go ahead and delete the flight devs since you hate us so much already!" Type stuff. If I had to hazard a guess that's the type of comment that got deleted.
AceZaslavsky wrote on 2020-10-27 12:03:32:

I was reading through the comments on hours before it got locked and while 95% of the complaints were just normal dissapointment but there were a few back and forths between players that were pretty dramatic and snarky. Alot of " go ahead and delete the flight devs since you hate us so much already!" Type stuff. If I had to hazard a guess that's the type of comment that got deleted.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26