Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | modern breeds but as ancients
1 2 3 4
[quote name="miunizee" date="2020-10-24 05:50:38" ] ancient mirrors aNCIENT MIRRORS ANCIENT MIRRORS ANCIENT MIRRORS...!!! 2 heads! 2 tails! more bony parts! more wings! fierce and cute at the same time! [/quote] for some reason I didn't see the "more wings" part and went wingless. whoops [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/428753279825215489/769592162471510016/ancient_mirror.png[/img]
miunizee wrote on 2020-10-24 05:50:38:
ancient mirrors aNCIENT MIRRORS ANCIENT MIRRORS ANCIENT MIRRORS...!!!

2 heads! 2 tails! more bony parts! more wings! fierce and cute at the same time!
for some reason I didn't see the "more wings" part and went wingless. whoops
ancient_mirror.png
wORSkxL.png
That’s really cooool!
Mirrors according to the site description, tend to make short glides rather than travel by air anyways. They’re fast enough on land to keep up with at least some breeds in-flight, which is pretty impressive.
That’s really cooool!
Mirrors according to the site description, tend to make short glides rather than travel by air anyways. They’re fast enough on land to keep up with at least some breeds in-flight, which is pretty impressive.
I didn’t realize that I needed a thread like this until I saw it...to everyone who’s posted art so far, it looks fantastic! Love the concepts. [emoji=banescale love size=2] Can’t wait to see one for Tundras, tbh.
I didn’t realize that I needed a thread like this until I saw it...to everyone who’s posted art so far, it looks fantastic! Love the concepts. Can’t wait to see one for Tundras, tbh.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

[quote name="Alphaeon" date="2020-10-24 10:31:40" ] I didn’t realize that I needed a thread like this until I saw it...to everyone who’s posted art so far, it looks fantastic! Love the concepts. [emoji=banescale love size=2] Can’t wait to see one for Tundras, tbh. [/quote] [img]https://imgur.com/Fvv7tzT.png[/img] did my interpretation of an ancient tundra-- since Gaolers are kinda like the ancient Tundra already, i didn't want ot just draw a gaoler, and went in a different direction with wings and the forearms being one! i still tried to keep it fluffy though. maybe this tundra eats veggies and seafood? It looks like it could be a good swimmer.
Alphaeon wrote on 2020-10-24 10:31:40:
I didn’t realize that I needed a thread like this until I saw it...to everyone who’s posted art so far, it looks fantastic! Love the concepts. Can’t wait to see one for Tundras, tbh.
Fvv7tzT.png

did my interpretation of an ancient tundra-- since Gaolers are kinda like the ancient Tundra already, i didn't want ot just draw a gaoler, and went in a different direction with wings and the forearms being one! i still tried to keep it fluffy though. maybe this tundra eats veggies and seafood? It looks like it could be a good swimmer.
xulc4O8.png
[quote name="FrozenBarioth" date="2020-10-24 12:57:12" ] [img]https://imgur.com/Fvv7tzT.png[/img] did my interpretation of an ancient tundra-- since Gaolers are kinda like the ancient Tundra already, i didn't want ot just draw a gaoler, and went in a different direction with wings and the forearms being one! i still tried to keep it fluffy though. maybe this tundra eats veggies and seafood? It looks like it could be a good swimmer. [/quote] Reminds me of a Barioth from Monster Hunter! (Wait I- I just saw your name lmao) I thought adding the tusks would be cool, since Tundras already have some sharp canines, but then it would look too similar. But what if ancient Tundras had elephant/woolly mammoth tusks? They'd be used to dig up vegetation in the snow or something, and battling of course. I'd draw this but I'm busy rn, might later.
FrozenBarioth wrote on 2020-10-24 12:57:12:
Fvv7tzT.png

did my interpretation of an ancient tundra-- since Gaolers are kinda like the ancient Tundra already, i didn't want ot just draw a gaoler, and went in a different direction with wings and the forearms being one! i still tried to keep it fluffy though. maybe this tundra eats veggies and seafood? It looks like it could be a good swimmer.
Reminds me of a Barioth from Monster Hunter! (Wait I- I just saw your name lmao)
I thought adding the tusks would be cool, since Tundras already have some sharp canines, but then it would look too similar.
But what if ancient Tundras had elephant/woolly mammoth tusks? They'd be used to dig up vegetation in the snow or something, and battling of course. I'd draw this but I'm busy rn, might later.
Ot3Ahks.jpg
[quote name="BirdBagel" date="2020-10-24 13:07:44" ] Reminds me of a Barioth from Monster Hunter! (Wait I- I just saw your name lmao) I thought adding the tusks would be cool, since Tundras already have some sharp canines, but then it would look too similar. But what if ancient Tundras had elephant/woolly mammoth tusks? They'd be used to dig up vegetation in the snow or something, and battling of course. I'd draw this but I'm busy rn, might later. [/quote] funny you should say that! I just got back on from drawing my own ancient tundra [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308410007982964739/769654069433860126/ancient_tundra.png[/img] admittedly I found the idea a little uninspired considering gaolers already exist, so I kind of leaned hard into the cold weather giant aesthetic. I do like the merged wings and forelimbs idea from frozenbarioth, creative use of the ancient freedom!
BirdBagel wrote on 2020-10-24 13:07:44:
Reminds me of a Barioth from Monster Hunter! (Wait I- I just saw your name lmao)
I thought adding the tusks would be cool, since Tundras already have some sharp canines, but then it would look too similar.
But what if ancient Tundras had elephant/woolly mammoth tusks? They'd be used to dig up vegetation in the snow or something, and battling of course. I'd draw this but I'm busy rn, might later.
funny you should say that! I just got back on from drawing my own ancient tundra
ancient_tundra.png

admittedly I found the idea a little uninspired considering gaolers already exist, so I kind of leaned hard into the cold weather giant aesthetic. I do like the merged wings and forelimbs idea from frozenbarioth, creative use of the ancient freedom!
wORSkxL.png
Oooooo all the sketches are so good, I love those Spirals! And kudos to the people trying to do the Tundra, seeing as an ancient tundra IS literally a Gaoler. Two Of Them.

Anyway, I'm just saying but Skydancers would be super elegant weird Ampitheres. All wing, many feathers, no need for leg.
Ridgebacks with more buggy features when
Oooooo all the sketches are so good, I love those Spirals! And kudos to the people trying to do the Tundra, seeing as an ancient tundra IS literally a Gaoler. Two Of Them.

Anyway, I'm just saying but Skydancers would be super elegant weird Ampitheres. All wing, many feathers, no need for leg.
Ridgebacks with more buggy features when
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="Recallback" date="2020-10-24 13:27:17" ] Anyway, I'm just saying but Skydancers would be super elegant weird Ampitheres. All wing, many feathers, no need for leg. [/quote] I feel like Coatls would look something like this as well, based on their mythological inspiration!
Recallback wrote on 2020-10-24 13:27:17:

I feel like Coatls would look something like this as well, based on their mythological inspiration!
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
Wow I love the bogsneak and the mirror!!
Wow I love the bogsneak and the mirror!!
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
for stormdad! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/706644889940787220/769698710229090334/ancient_ridgeback.png[/img]
for stormdad!
ancient_ridgeback.png
wORSkxL.png
1 2 3 4