Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Emporer's New Clothes
[item=The Emperor's New Clothes] I know the thing behind this article of clothing is that the clothes are supposed to be invisible because it's in reference to some old saying but I can't shake this pestering thought until it's been disproven to me. But in the description it says the clothes are only visible to the keenly intelligent, which makes me wonder what would happen if you put it on to a dragon whose Intelligence is maxed out? I know the point is that you're not supposed to see anything, but my mind keeps doing the "But what if..?" I swear I'm not completely stupid, I'm just overly curious. ;n; So has anyone attempted to put these clothes on a super intelligent dragon just to see if something actually shows up..? Because unless I see it, I'll just forever believe that there could be something, we just haven't tried to see it yet.
The Emperor's New Clothes

I know the thing behind this article of clothing is that the clothes are supposed to be invisible because it's in reference to some old saying but I can't shake this pestering thought until it's been disproven to me.

But in the description it says the clothes are only visible to the keenly intelligent, which makes me wonder what would happen if you put it on to a dragon whose Intelligence is maxed out?

I know the point is that you're not supposed to see anything, but my mind keeps doing the "But what if..?" I swear I'm not completely stupid, I'm just overly curious. ;n;

So has anyone attempted to put these clothes on a super intelligent dragon just to see if something actually shows up..? Because unless I see it, I'll just forever believe that there could be something, we just haven't tried to see it yet.
tumblr_inline_npp8nyFo5N1r0g4u9_540.png X tumblr_inline_nppef4YToG1r0g4u9_540.png
X
Maybe put a Tincture of Dissolution on a level 25 dragon and put everything to Intelligence? and see if it shows up!

(Moderators if you're reading this, please make it work ;-;)
Maybe put a Tincture of Dissolution on a level 25 dragon and put everything to Intelligence? and see if it shows up!

(Moderators if you're reading this, please make it work ;-;)
- Subspecies Hatchery
- Amazing video on how to get free gems
- Cauldron Service
| She/Her | +3 FR time | Ping me! | Rest your eyes! |
Not an old saying, but rather a Danish folktale from the 1800s. The apparel piece is in reference to the story with the same name.

Taken from Wikipedia:
Two swindlers arrive at the capital city of an emperor who spends lavishly on clothing at the expense of state matters. Posing as weavers, they offer to supply him with magnificent clothes that are invisible to those who are stupid or incompetent.
They mime dressing him and he sets off in a procession before the whole city. The townsfolk uncomfortably go along with the pretense, not wanting to appear inept or stupid, until a child blurts out that the emperor is wearing nothing at all.

Everyone had been fooled by the two men. The emperor was proudly walking naked in front of the townsfolk, believing only the smartest could see it. So I doubt anything would show up, since in the folktale there was nothing at all.
Not an old saying, but rather a Danish folktale from the 1800s. The apparel piece is in reference to the story with the same name.

Taken from Wikipedia:
Two swindlers arrive at the capital city of an emperor who spends lavishly on clothing at the expense of state matters. Posing as weavers, they offer to supply him with magnificent clothes that are invisible to those who are stupid or incompetent.
They mime dressing him and he sets off in a procession before the whole city. The townsfolk uncomfortably go along with the pretense, not wanting to appear inept or stupid, until a child blurts out that the emperor is wearing nothing at all.

Everyone had been fooled by the two men. The emperor was proudly walking naked in front of the townsfolk, believing only the smartest could see it. So I doubt anything would show up, since in the folktale there was nothing at all.
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
What Yuri said. Emperor's new clothes is widely known story told to kids with little variations here and there, much like Cinderella, Pinocchio, Little match girl etc.
What Yuri said. Emperor's new clothes is widely known story told to kids with little variations here and there, much like Cinderella, Pinocchio, Little match girl etc.
Yup yup it's just flavour text referencing the story :D
It seems unlikely that the apparel system is in any way linked to the coli/stats or that they'd code something just for an easter egg for a single item.
And they'd have to code a way to hide the "real" image.
Yup yup it's just flavour text referencing the story :D
It seems unlikely that the apparel system is in any way linked to the coli/stats or that they'd code something just for an easter egg for a single item.
And they'd have to code a way to hide the "real" image.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
flight rising has specifically said that there are no hidden features nor do they intend to have hidden features, everything is out and open :)
flight rising has specifically said that there are no hidden features nor do they intend to have hidden features, everything is out and open :)
Sig_Adopt_-_Elys_small.png
I have a dragon whose apparel slots i'm trying to fill up with these, now I want to take him out of the hibden and level him just so i can max his intelligence even though it probably won't do anything
I have a dragon whose apparel slots i'm trying to fill up with these, now I want to take him out of the hibden and level him just so i can max his intelligence even though it probably won't do anything
Ghetsis' sprite from Pokémon Black and White.
[quote name="Lonin" date="2020-10-21 12:48:03" ] It seems unlikely that the apparel system is in any way linked to the coli/stats or that they'd code something just for an easter egg for a single item. [/quote] Very unlikely, but how cool would that be?!
Lonin wrote on 2020-10-21 12:48:03:

Very unlikely, but how cool would that be?!
maGaaTX.png Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.
-Revelation 4: 8b
W1ufEjp.png
This makes me wish Flight Rising had more mysteries and easter eggs. I dunno, I just love playing games and doing something dumb for the heck of it but instead uncovering insane bits of hidden lore or just something super neat.
This makes me wish Flight Rising had more mysteries and easter eggs. I dunno, I just love playing games and doing something dumb for the heck of it but instead uncovering insane bits of hidden lore or just something super neat.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
Intelligence isn't wisdom.

Intelligence isn't wisdom.