Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What are your flight's gripes?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
winds dominance as a whole
winds dominance as a whole
1d4f0e317221f41adfe800d877ddc053e6c0ba39.png b8b0fbcee70546d91c691fcfb4910d790e67c1dc.png
- skin shop
[quote]its bc windsinger is long w stumpy legs :,))[/quote] And corgis were the pick over dachshunds?
Quote:
its bc windsinger is long w stumpy legs :,))
And corgis were the pick over dachshunds?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="ProbablySkeletor" date="2020-10-20 08:45:36" ] No-one ever talks about how Light still doesn't have a dedicated Coli venue, either! Plague is the only one I ever see mentioned who still needs one. Everyone says it's the arena, but like...the elemental balance in there does not skew towards Light, and have you even seen it? Not our aesthetic. [/quote] I will say that the new arena art loses it sense of light the old art actually has the marble pillars that one associates with them. Back before the revamps Light was more stongly skewed in that area as well. [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/a/ac/Arena_Day_%28old%29.png[/img] As for my flight gripes mostly tiered of never getting dom.
ProbablySkeletor wrote on 2020-10-20 08:45:36:
No-one ever talks about how Light still doesn't have a dedicated Coli venue, either! Plague is the only one I ever see mentioned who still needs one. Everyone says it's the arena, but like...the elemental balance in there does not skew towards Light, and have you even seen it? Not our aesthetic.

I will say that the new arena art loses it sense of light the old art actually has the marble pillars that one associates with them. Back before the revamps Light was more stongly skewed in that area as well.
Arena_Day_%28old%29.png

As for my flight gripes mostly tiered of never getting dom.
rf2tsx4.pngZs5ariW.pngaJj1GZH.png
I feel like earth does get the short end of the aesthetic stick in its artwork.

Also a little tired at how people think earth barely has to lift a finger for dom or that we're not working for it when we get it. I can't speak for other members but I'm buying/leveling/exalting a lot of dragons a day minus this week.
I feel like earth does get the short end of the aesthetic stick in its artwork.

Also a little tired at how people think earth barely has to lift a finger for dom or that we're not working for it when we get it. I can't speak for other members but I'm buying/leveling/exalting a lot of dragons a day minus this week.
Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
[color=indigo] Our dom abilities are... suffering lol. Also we have a reputation for being filled with teenage edgelords. But that isn't entirely inaccurate. I may not be a teenager any more but I'm still a massive edgelord [emoji=nocturne winking size=2]
Our dom abilities are... suffering lol. Also we have a reputation for being filled with teenage edgelords. But that isn't entirely inaccurate. I may not be a teenager any more but I'm still a massive edgelord
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="Skyfrost" date="2020-10-20 06:10:18" ] Arcane is just... way to large to be good in dom. ... Time for a Purge [/quote] Oops. I used to be semi-active in Dom then just got... really, really, busy. Except I still procrastinate in the coli a bit too much for my own good.
Skyfrost wrote on 2020-10-20 06:10:18:
Arcane is just... way to large to be good in dom.
Time for a Purge

Oops. I used to be semi-active in Dom then just got... really, really, busy. Except I still procrastinate in the coli a bit too much for my own good.
2y1XN7S.png
» She/her
» FRT +2
» Wishlist
our fest apparel needs to be more like crystalcourt cascades and less like potato pauldrons
our fest apparel needs to be more like crystalcourt cascades and less like potato pauldrons
39068.png xx.
xx»they/them
xxx»FR+9
xxx»badges .»coli quests
Nature and Plague have connected lore, but this ends with both of the flights, which normally get along with each other super well, begrudging one another because we don't feel like we get a fair share in the spotlight. Other flights don't have to share their lore events with anyone else, but we do. I think this would be a grievance for both of us.

For Nature, we are consistently Nature-loving hippies, and at the same time are portrayed as xenophobic because of Gladekeeper's responses to things in the past. This has not aged well in the slightest with modern times. While people's criticisms are valid, constantly hearing people attack or criticize your flight gets old very quickly. Secondly, while I definitely agree that Plague gets a lot of problems because of the inherent way they were designed and got the short end of things, I feel like because Nature isn't constantly slighted in the game as much, we don't get a license to complain about legitimate issues we have with how the community, specifically, treats us.

The game, I think the biggest problem is our exalt pillar. We were one of the early pillar releases, and they came up with a cut-down tree that I have to look at as the placeholder background for my dragons, now, with the lair update. It's not pretty. Wind made a better Nature pillar, if you wanted my honest opinion. There are no tropical flowers or streams or anything resembling the jungle lair aesthetic in our pillar. Like a moss-covered rock would have been more suitable. Or a tree with an unusual growth with a hollow inside it. It could have been handled better.

That in mind, Nature grievances aside, I definitely think Plague deserves more love than they've gotten. I know some people are squeamish, but Plague is a flight that revolves around infection, disease, and weird mutations or evolutions. It has potential to be extremely creative with design concepts and ideas (Like the parasitic fungi in the new Forgotten Cave update). The problem being that they are heavily restricted in what they can have for designs or concepts because of people being squeamish.

I would like to say, though I am in Nature flight, I enjoy horror concepts, and if you are so squeamish a skin would make you not look at a lair, I'm surprised you can look at plague lairs in general, because of the Wyrmwound Plague aesthetic.
Nature and Plague have connected lore, but this ends with both of the flights, which normally get along with each other super well, begrudging one another because we don't feel like we get a fair share in the spotlight. Other flights don't have to share their lore events with anyone else, but we do. I think this would be a grievance for both of us.

For Nature, we are consistently Nature-loving hippies, and at the same time are portrayed as xenophobic because of Gladekeeper's responses to things in the past. This has not aged well in the slightest with modern times. While people's criticisms are valid, constantly hearing people attack or criticize your flight gets old very quickly. Secondly, while I definitely agree that Plague gets a lot of problems because of the inherent way they were designed and got the short end of things, I feel like because Nature isn't constantly slighted in the game as much, we don't get a license to complain about legitimate issues we have with how the community, specifically, treats us.

The game, I think the biggest problem is our exalt pillar. We were one of the early pillar releases, and they came up with a cut-down tree that I have to look at as the placeholder background for my dragons, now, with the lair update. It's not pretty. Wind made a better Nature pillar, if you wanted my honest opinion. There are no tropical flowers or streams or anything resembling the jungle lair aesthetic in our pillar. Like a moss-covered rock would have been more suitable. Or a tree with an unusual growth with a hollow inside it. It could have been handled better.

That in mind, Nature grievances aside, I definitely think Plague deserves more love than they've gotten. I know some people are squeamish, but Plague is a flight that revolves around infection, disease, and weird mutations or evolutions. It has potential to be extremely creative with design concepts and ideas (Like the parasitic fungi in the new Forgotten Cave update). The problem being that they are heavily restricted in what they can have for designs or concepts because of people being squeamish.

I would like to say, though I am in Nature flight, I enjoy horror concepts, and if you are so squeamish a skin would make you not look at a lair, I'm surprised you can look at plague lairs in general, because of the Wyrmwound Plague aesthetic.
FfsFHyt.png
lore goes out of it's way to avoid developing us in any useful capacity and when we do get mentioned, it's just more unsubtle implications about how evil technology and science is and how technology is going to destroy the world by sapping it of it's life with hubris or something because apparently the writers have technology confused with capitalism again. also our aesthetics get horribly underrepresented because you can't really fit them into the dainty silks and flowers mold and honestly it feels like they don't actually have any idea what to do with us beyond just putting gears and plasma globes around everywhere.
lore goes out of it's way to avoid developing us in any useful capacity and when we do get mentioned, it's just more unsubtle implications about how evil technology and science is and how technology is going to destroy the world by sapping it of it's life with hubris or something because apparently the writers have technology confused with capitalism again. also our aesthetics get horribly underrepresented because you can't really fit them into the dainty silks and flowers mold and honestly it feels like they don't actually have any idea what to do with us beyond just putting gears and plasma globes around everywhere.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
shadow flight is purple

i don't know. I've been playing on and off for a few months (meaning that I play, then take a break), so I still have no idea what I am doing.
shadow flight is purple

i don't know. I've been playing on and off for a few months (meaning that I play, then take a break), so I still have no idea what I am doing.
o7KT1Q6.gif MSTf1Sg.gifwADTcAI.pngjPdGQf9.gifgYzuoZS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17