Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dear Devs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I feel sorry for the plaguelings, Icewarden knows Boreal is my favorite aesthetically and its perfect for ice flight. Y'all deserve some proper plague aesthetic venues, I am shooketh to hear that redrock cove is plague, I was certain it was water. I knew about the mire, but even that one makes more sense as plague with its bogginess then redrock.

On the topic of "players might be squicked out", I don't think that holds any water. No one absolutely has to grind in any venue for anything, because we have the AH. If someone cant stand a proper plague venue but needs parts, they can simply grind elsewhere for money, and simply buy what they need. Gonna cost a lot probably, but its workable. Plague absolutely deserves a proper venue dangit.
I feel sorry for the plaguelings, Icewarden knows Boreal is my favorite aesthetically and its perfect for ice flight. Y'all deserve some proper plague aesthetic venues, I am shooketh to hear that redrock cove is plague, I was certain it was water. I knew about the mire, but even that one makes more sense as plague with its bogginess then redrock.

On the topic of "players might be squicked out", I don't think that holds any water. No one absolutely has to grind in any venue for anything, because we have the AH. If someone cant stand a proper plague venue but needs parts, they can simply grind elsewhere for money, and simply buy what they need. Gonna cost a lot probably, but its workable. Plague absolutely deserves a proper venue dangit.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
Yeah look, honestly? There is NO WAY the Mire or Redrock Cove are Plague venues. Look at them, then look at the actual Plague flight territory- these in absolutely no way or form look like anything remotely plague, or even have an area I could confidently say they come from.
The Mire is a big, mossy wetland. Aesthetically, that's a Nature venue.
Redrock Cove is literally just a beach. That's a Water venue.

I understand maybe on the Devs part there'd be some reluctance to add an actual Plague venue when two other ones are already balanced to be Plague enemy element wise, but like..... cmon. We can't ignore em forever, right?
The same goes for Light. Which is a weirder one, like I never realized they don't have a real venue either? I thought Arena was completely neutral.

However! For sure don't think the update release is spite, it's just the schedule they've got going on.
Yeah look, honestly? There is NO WAY the Mire or Redrock Cove are Plague venues. Look at them, then look at the actual Plague flight territory- these in absolutely no way or form look like anything remotely plague, or even have an area I could confidently say they come from.
The Mire is a big, mossy wetland. Aesthetically, that's a Nature venue.
Redrock Cove is literally just a beach. That's a Water venue.

I understand maybe on the Devs part there'd be some reluctance to add an actual Plague venue when two other ones are already balanced to be Plague enemy element wise, but like..... cmon. We can't ignore em forever, right?
The same goes for Light. Which is a weirder one, like I never realized they don't have a real venue either? I thought Arena was completely neutral.

However! For sure don't think the update release is spite, it's just the schedule they've got going on.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
True, I hope for a Plague and Light venue - my two favourite Flights. Plague's venue doesn't have to be all bloody and gruesome, even somewhere like Titan's Fall or the Abiding Boneyard will be good. As for Light, I hope there will be a more Light-themed one other than Arena.
True, I hope for a Plague and Light venue - my two favourite Flights. Plague's venue doesn't have to be all bloody and gruesome, even somewhere like Titan's Fall or the Abiding Boneyard will be good. As for Light, I hope there will be a more Light-themed one other than Arena.
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
*@ everyone who would hypothetically flip at the plague venue* ok ok hear me out [b][i]just buy the loot from other people. it's not that hard. p l e a s e .[/i][/b] [quote name="Whalesong" date="2020-10-17 04:23:34" ] I didn't realize this was such a big deal or even a deal at all. [emoji=wildclaw confused size=1] Do y'allmst actually play in the Coli to experience "aesthetic" and "representation"? No shade meant. I just generally go there to get food, or familiars/scenes/loot in general and then I leave. Doesn't really matter to me what it looks like or who's there to beat up. I had no idea people actually like, hung out in the Coliseum to "feel it". [/quote] [s]....same tbh[/s]
*@ everyone who would hypothetically flip at the plague venue* ok ok hear me out
just buy the loot from other people. it's not that hard. p l e a s e .

Whalesong wrote on 2020-10-17 04:23:34:
I didn't realize this was such a big deal or even a deal at all.

Do y'allmst actually play in the Coli to experience "aesthetic" and "representation"? No shade meant. I just generally go there to get food, or familiars/scenes/loot in general and then I leave. Doesn't really matter to me what it looks like or who's there to beat up.

I had no idea people actually like, hung out in the Coliseum to "feel it".

....same tbh
I'm pretty sure this is just very unfortunate timing, and this was just a revamp rather than an entirely new venue, but I definitely agree that Plague isn't getting enough proper praise. Seriously, there is NOTHING wrong about blood or death, it's ethically wrong when it's directed at someone irl but as a concept, they're both completely normal natural occurrences - and that should be embraced (and this is coming from someone who wants to be a literal immortal eldritch horror!!!) Seriously though, Staff....I am really excited to see what Plague's scene is gonna look like, please don't let us down. Also, I do have to admit, Plague DID get somethn real spicy recently and it was this! [item=fiendflesh terrorbox] and this! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/scene/34847.png[/img] Now do I think we shouldn't get more? Absolutely not, I really want to see more Plague related stuff, and here are some things you can start with: [LIST] [*]revamp the Mire! As I already stated, some vibrant wetlands with red soil, stale, green, algae-covered water, weird looking trees and "off-putting" fauna would be great for it. Here's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2716191]this suggestion in more detail[/url] [*]give us a completely new Plague venue! a dry, seemingly inhospitable desert with iron rich soil that appears very red, thick, boney-looking plants growing out of the ground to store as much water as possible, extremely weird flora and fauna, and colourful geysers, hot springs and toxic streams with toxic fumes...boy, that'd be amazing (link above contains that as well) [*]bone apparel! So many people have been asking for more bone apparel and I completely agree, especially skulls. There are many many unique skulls out there that would look amazing on dragons, and I think making a set that consists entirely of different skull headdresses would be fantastic [*]tattered desert mechanic apparel of Plague variety with Mad Max-like gas masks, tools, metal skull breastplates, wing tatters, weird wires and tar stuff [*]allow us more uniquely designed accents and skins with slightly more decaying and bloody aspects - remember, just because there's blood DOESN'T mean that the person in question is suffering [*]don't censor Plague so much, nature isn't supposed to be censored, and if we can have dramatisation and pain in literature, then there should be some mild blood in images as well [*]give us that sweet sweet tastey Plague Ancient! Of course, this will take a lot of time but overall feedback should give you a clear idea of what we'd like to see. Here's also my rendition of a wicked Plague Ancient [img]https://i.imgur.com/fk9MdP2.png[/img] [/LIST] Edit: almost forgot! [LIST] [*]also a funerary vista!! be it classic burial, mummification or cremation, or maybe all three at once, I think that would be a beautiful vista [/LIST]
I'm pretty sure this is just very unfortunate timing, and this was just a revamp rather than an entirely new venue, but I definitely agree that Plague isn't getting enough proper praise. Seriously, there is NOTHING wrong about blood or death, it's ethically wrong when it's directed at someone irl but as a concept, they're both completely normal natural occurrences - and that should be embraced (and this is coming from someone who wants to be a literal immortal eldritch horror!!!)

Seriously though, Staff....I am really excited to see what Plague's scene is gonna look like, please don't let us down. Also, I do have to admit, Plague DID get somethn real spicy recently and it was this!

Fiendflesh Terrorbox

and this!

34847.png

Now do I think we shouldn't get more? Absolutely not, I really want to see more Plague related stuff, and here are some things you can start with:
  • revamp the Mire! As I already stated, some vibrant wetlands with red soil, stale, green, algae-covered water, weird looking trees and "off-putting" fauna would be great for it. Here's this suggestion in more detail
  • give us a completely new Plague venue! a dry, seemingly inhospitable desert with iron rich soil that appears very red, thick, boney-looking plants growing out of the ground to store as much water as possible, extremely weird flora and fauna, and colourful geysers, hot springs and toxic streams with toxic fumes...boy, that'd be amazing (link above contains that as well)
  • bone apparel! So many people have been asking for more bone apparel and I completely agree, especially skulls. There are many many unique skulls out there that would look amazing on dragons, and I think making a set that consists entirely of different skull headdresses would be fantastic
  • tattered desert mechanic apparel of Plague variety with Mad Max-like gas masks, tools, metal skull breastplates, wing tatters, weird wires and tar stuff
  • allow us more uniquely designed accents and skins with slightly more decaying and bloody aspects - remember, just because there's blood DOESN'T mean that the person in question is suffering
  • don't censor Plague so much, nature isn't supposed to be censored, and if we can have dramatisation and pain in literature, then there should be some mild blood in images as well
  • give us that sweet sweet tastey Plague Ancient! Of course, this will take a lot of time but overall feedback should give you a clear idea of what we'd like to see. Here's also my rendition of a wicked Plague Ancient
    fk9MdP2.png

Edit: almost forgot!
  • also a funerary vista!! be it classic burial, mummification or cremation, or maybe all three at once, I think that would be a beautiful vista
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Agree with @/Salthien, @/Dreamson, and @/Natron here. I'll admit I haven't been here nearly as long as a lot of players, but from what I know about the staff I think this is more down to bad timing and having a hard time figuring what to do to make everyone happy than active spite for Plague - not that it doesn't absolutely suck, mind you.

While I see the point about people who don't like the aesthetic not having to play the venue, that goes for pretty much every Plague-related thing on the site, and yet I still see a lot of posts in the suggestions forums asking to tone down anything that could be seen as potentially gross. I don't mean to demonize people who do that, since triggers are a real thing, but assuming that's part of the reason staff has been afraid of doing Plague stuff, then it's only succeeded in making another good chunk of the userbase unhappy. I still think implementing some sort of tagging system would be the best way to fix this, but I suppose that's for another thread.

Anyway...I think that the Titan's Fall scene does a pretty good job of capturing the Plague aesthetic, with perhaps the exception of not having enough red. I'd love to see a coli venue like that. Here's hoping we get something cool for RoR, too.
Agree with @/Salthien, @/Dreamson, and @/Natron here. I'll admit I haven't been here nearly as long as a lot of players, but from what I know about the staff I think this is more down to bad timing and having a hard time figuring what to do to make everyone happy than active spite for Plague - not that it doesn't absolutely suck, mind you.

While I see the point about people who don't like the aesthetic not having to play the venue, that goes for pretty much every Plague-related thing on the site, and yet I still see a lot of posts in the suggestions forums asking to tone down anything that could be seen as potentially gross. I don't mean to demonize people who do that, since triggers are a real thing, but assuming that's part of the reason staff has been afraid of doing Plague stuff, then it's only succeeded in making another good chunk of the userbase unhappy. I still think implementing some sort of tagging system would be the best way to fix this, but I suppose that's for another thread.

Anyway...I think that the Titan's Fall scene does a pretty good job of capturing the Plague aesthetic, with perhaps the exception of not having enough red. I'd love to see a coli venue like that. Here's hoping we get something cool for RoR, too.
[quote name="emajbi" date="2020-10-16 20:37:36" ] for the "no suffering" rule they sure want to inflict as many wounds on us as possible [/quote] yeah
emajbi wrote on 2020-10-16 20:37:36:
for the "no suffering" rule they sure want to inflict as many wounds on us as possible
yeah

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's
Plague really is the red-headed stepchild, huh? & it's not like doing a "non-gross" Plague venue would be hard, since it could be based on the Abiding Boneyard. & while that wouldn't be ideal, it'd still be better than what Plague has & would also make RoR grinding equal to other festivals since I find Plague-aligned enemies are rarer than other elements...
Plague really is the red-headed stepchild, huh? & it's not like doing a "non-gross" Plague venue would be hard, since it could be based on the Abiding Boneyard. & while that wouldn't be ideal, it'd still be better than what Plague has & would also make RoR grinding equal to other festivals since I find Plague-aligned enemies are rarer than other elements...
[quote name="xxvi" date="2020-10-17 05:53:55" ] *@ everyone who would hypothetically flip at the plague venue* ok ok hear me out [b][i]just buy the loot from other people. it's not that hard. p l e a s e .[/i][/b] [quote name="Whalesong" date="2020-10-17 04:23:34" ] I didn't realize this was such a big deal or even a deal at all. [emoji=wildclaw confused size=1] Do y'allmst actually play in the Coli to experience "aesthetic" and "representation"? No shade meant. I just generally go there to get food, or familiars/scenes/loot in general and then I leave. Doesn't really matter to me what it looks like or who's there to beat up. I had no idea people actually like, hung out in the Coliseum to "feel it". [/quote] [s]....same tbh[/s] [/quote] yeah and when we get items for trades/brewing that are expensive? yes it is hard. I would rather grind than pay thousands of gems to get stuff from venues I need, from familiars to brewing/trade items. perfect example - weathered armour. I want it, but pieces eitehr aren't in AH, or when they are, they cost 200g and more. now if I really want it I could easily buy it, but not everyone has that much gems (tho idk did prices changed now, didn't looked much as I avoid including weathered in outfits because of prices/rarity) to spend on single boot I would be really disappointed to be "locked out" of venue because it grosses me out. and there def are options to make plague look plague without all the puss and rot everywhere. I am not too much bothered by it, but many are and it would be worth to look into that? I am all for full freedom on skins as this can be easily avoided, but coli venue is bit bigger thing. I see majority against puss than those for it. venue can perfectly show other stuff from flight - tho I def wouldnt call redrock (what- this is new) or mire plague also yes, venues are a lot visual. I started avoiding boreal unless I really need to (goodly I have no need stuff from there anymore pft) because I hate new look. when I wanna grind just to get food, I pick venue that looks most pleasing to me at that moment, the one that won't hurt my eyes. why not to have good aesthetic? this site is so heavy on aesthetic, and I see many lairs go heavy on it. so why not to go thru it tho tbh I wouldn't care if plague venue that is rot and all that lvl 25 or 24. those can be easily avoided. if it was to be venue that is inbetween leveling... ehhh bit of no on it
xxvi wrote on 2020-10-17 05:53:55:
*@ everyone who would hypothetically flip at the plague venue* ok ok hear me out
just buy the loot from other people. it's not that hard. p l e a s e .

Whalesong wrote on 2020-10-17 04:23:34:
I didn't realize this was such a big deal or even a deal at all.

Do y'allmst actually play in the Coli to experience "aesthetic" and "representation"? No shade meant. I just generally go there to get food, or familiars/scenes/loot in general and then I leave. Doesn't really matter to me what it looks like or who's there to beat up.

I had no idea people actually like, hung out in the Coliseum to "feel it".

....same tbh

yeah and when we get items for trades/brewing that are expensive? yes it is hard. I would rather grind than pay thousands of gems to get stuff from venues I need, from familiars to brewing/trade items. perfect example - weathered armour. I want it, but pieces eitehr aren't in AH, or when they are, they cost 200g and more. now if I really want it I could easily buy it, but not everyone has that much gems (tho idk did prices changed now, didn't looked much as I avoid including weathered in outfits because of prices/rarity) to spend on single boot
I would be really disappointed to be "locked out" of venue because it grosses me out. and there def are options to make plague look plague without all the puss and rot everywhere. I am not too much bothered by it, but many are and it would be worth to look into that? I am all for full freedom on skins as this can be easily avoided, but coli venue is bit bigger thing. I see majority against puss than those for it. venue can perfectly show other stuff from flight - tho I def wouldnt call redrock (what- this is new) or mire plague

also yes, venues are a lot visual. I started avoiding boreal unless I really need to (goodly I have no need stuff from there anymore pft) because I hate new look. when I wanna grind just to get food, I pick venue that looks most pleasing to me at that moment, the one that won't hurt my eyes. why not to have good aesthetic? this site is so heavy on aesthetic, and I see many lairs go heavy on it. so why not to go thru it

tho tbh I wouldn't care if plague venue that is rot and all that lvl 25 or 24. those can be easily avoided. if it was to be venue that is inbetween leveling... ehhh bit of no on it
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I'm not quite sure the timing thing is really valid criticism, because as far as I've checked... NO updated/new venues have happened in the right element month?

Redrock cove (water): in August/September (fire/arcane)
Forbidden Portal (arcane): in June (light)
Golemn Workshop (lightning): in February (shadow)
Boreal Wood (ice): in August (fire)
Thunderhead Savanna (lightning): in November (earth) (TS was released fully after ROR)
Waterway (water? def not shadow): in February (shadow)
Arena (technically light, but not really): in October (plague)
Blooming Grove (nature): in August (fire)

The devs are not just doing this to Plague, they do this to literally every flight. The venues come out when they're done, not based on element month. Most are even released extremely close to the fest. This is just normal.

Now the other issue of not really having a good plague venue is a real problem, and I hope that they make one that's just as meat-world as we hope. I'm thinking something like Titan's dream, or a really fun revamped Mire that is like, the border area between Plague and shadow that could be really fun.
I'm not quite sure the timing thing is really valid criticism, because as far as I've checked... NO updated/new venues have happened in the right element month?

Redrock cove (water): in August/September (fire/arcane)
Forbidden Portal (arcane): in June (light)
Golemn Workshop (lightning): in February (shadow)
Boreal Wood (ice): in August (fire)
Thunderhead Savanna (lightning): in November (earth) (TS was released fully after ROR)
Waterway (water? def not shadow): in February (shadow)
Arena (technically light, but not really): in October (plague)
Blooming Grove (nature): in August (fire)

The devs are not just doing this to Plague, they do this to literally every flight. The venues come out when they're done, not based on element month. Most are even released extremely close to the fest. This is just normal.

Now the other issue of not really having a good plague venue is a real problem, and I hope that they make one that's just as meat-world as we hope. I'm thinking something like Titan's dream, or a really fun revamped Mire that is like, the border area between Plague and shadow that could be really fun.
angy.png FR time +3
they/them
Water Dom Org
...............................water-swon.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9