Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Plague Cities Headcanon
1 2 3
With Riot of Rot coming up, it got me thinking of the Plague Flight and I remembered the headcanon I made for Plague cities.

In the Scarred Wasteland, the cities are quite literally alive. Its buildings are made of flesh and bone, fueled by a vast network of veins and arteries. These living buildings are genetically engineered using Plague magic to suit the needs of dragons.

Though one would expect these living cities to be a vile mess, the truth is that much like an actual body, the fleshy interior is invisible from the outside. This both serves to prevent infection and to make the city pleasant to look at. A skilled Plague architect can construct beautiful monuments able to be appreciated by all in Sornieth.

A lot of infrastructure in Plague cities are more or less enlarged versions of existing animal organs. Giant hearts beat all throughout the city to provide buildings with nutrients, their sound filling the whole city with a slight rhythmic thump. This heartbeat can be unsettling for those not used to it, though is often a source of comfort for Plague dragons. Enormous stomachs digest raw materials into a useable fuel source. Fields of black leaf-like appendages are designed to capture as much light as possible to provide further nourishment.

Plague cities can have a problem with infections. Left unchecked, they can easily destroy entire buildings. Many skilled Plague mages spend their time away from battle working to identify viruses and bacteria which have managed to slip past the city's immune system.
With Riot of Rot coming up, it got me thinking of the Plague Flight and I remembered the headcanon I made for Plague cities.

In the Scarred Wasteland, the cities are quite literally alive. Its buildings are made of flesh and bone, fueled by a vast network of veins and arteries. These living buildings are genetically engineered using Plague magic to suit the needs of dragons.

Though one would expect these living cities to be a vile mess, the truth is that much like an actual body, the fleshy interior is invisible from the outside. This both serves to prevent infection and to make the city pleasant to look at. A skilled Plague architect can construct beautiful monuments able to be appreciated by all in Sornieth.

A lot of infrastructure in Plague cities are more or less enlarged versions of existing animal organs. Giant hearts beat all throughout the city to provide buildings with nutrients, their sound filling the whole city with a slight rhythmic thump. This heartbeat can be unsettling for those not used to it, though is often a source of comfort for Plague dragons. Enormous stomachs digest raw materials into a useable fuel source. Fields of black leaf-like appendages are designed to capture as much light as possible to provide further nourishment.

Plague cities can have a problem with infections. Left unchecked, they can easily destroy entire buildings. Many skilled Plague mages spend their time away from battle working to identify viruses and bacteria which have managed to slip past the city's immune system.
giphy.gif
Nice. I love it.
Nice. I love it.
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
Ooooh. I like it! I haven't seen something like that before.
Ooooh. I like it! I haven't seen something like that before.
4UUQPPZ.gif
Yes please yes please yes
Yes please yes please yes
Young Plague dragons will often move to cities both to make their fortunes, but also to challenge themselves and their immune systems. Living in cities is considered one of the highest challenges a Plague dragon can face, especially since most of the Scarred Wasteland is highly rural in my headcanon.
Young Plague dragons will often move to cities both to make their fortunes, but also to challenge themselves and their immune systems. Living in cities is considered one of the highest challenges a Plague dragon can face, especially since most of the Scarred Wasteland is highly rural in my headcanon.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
*quietly bookmarks this thread* yes yes yes
*quietly bookmarks this thread* yes yes yes
"link • ufology
they/he/she
Love it, cool headcanon!
Love it, cool headcanon!
is it weird i find this idea cute? like you're chilling at home and the walls start to grumble, so you pet them? and the building just starts purring?
is it weird i find this idea cute? like you're chilling at home and the walls start to grumble, so you pet them? and the building just starts purring?
Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream, separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?

The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

Hospitals and bone strewn arenas are my Headcannon. Lots of fight clubs and plenty of medics.

But mostly bone made structures and tents so they can travel around and hunt and scavenge or find a worthy opponent. I also imagine mirrors with Spears and more bone armor or lots of weapons just screaming and running out like spear from primal on adult swim. I also see plague lakes being like lakes of water with large algae blooms or sulfuric geysers, and then regular lakes that just have perpetual red tide going on. Maybe even lots of salt lakes.. but I don’t really see everything as flesh but flesh like mosses or something and plenty of red clay everywhere.

But bone houses and stained skin tents with an occasional stone structure for medics and stuff.
Hospitals and bone strewn arenas are my Headcannon. Lots of fight clubs and plenty of medics.

But mostly bone made structures and tents so they can travel around and hunt and scavenge or find a worthy opponent. I also imagine mirrors with Spears and more bone armor or lots of weapons just screaming and running out like spear from primal on adult swim. I also see plague lakes being like lakes of water with large algae blooms or sulfuric geysers, and then regular lakes that just have perpetual red tide going on. Maybe even lots of salt lakes.. but I don’t really see everything as flesh but flesh like mosses or something and plenty of red clay everywhere.

But bone houses and stained skin tents with an occasional stone structure for medics and stuff.
4xTBSTZ.png
An artist rendition of this would be amazing. I’d do it myself but knowing me I’d never get around to it lol.
Speaking of big living organs, a while back I threw around the idea of Plague dragons building dwellings into an organic mass that is given organs, bones, etc. so it is able to walk and be powered by organic material like plants and meat that its denizens throw into its stomach. So it’s like a living fortress with extreme mobility.
An artist rendition of this would be amazing. I’d do it myself but knowing me I’d never get around to it lol.
Speaking of big living organs, a while back I threw around the idea of Plague dragons building dwellings into an organic mass that is given organs, bones, etc. so it is able to walk and be powered by organic material like plants and meat that its denizens throw into its stomach. So it’s like a living fortress with extreme mobility.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
1 2 3