Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Plague as a whole
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@Iokharic

Ah, yes. My plan is nearly complete! Soon, all of Flight Rising will be consumed by the JumpStart, and all will bow before its mighty power. For it is greatest, greater than the all of every company combined...

Which reminds me of a funny little post I made a while ago in the FR: What Not to Do thread...

(thread here lol)
@Iokharic

Ah, yes. My plan is nearly complete! Soon, all of Flight Rising will be consumed by the JumpStart, and all will bow before its mighty power. For it is greatest, greater than the all of every company combined...

Which reminds me of a funny little post I made a while ago in the FR: What Not to Do thread...

(thread here lol)
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
@Zavyt

JumpStart, like Plague, will grow and consume everything in its path. It must survive. It already took our Neopets, our dragons are next to feel its wrath...
@Zavyt

JumpStart, like Plague, will grow and consume everything in its path. It must survive. It already took our Neopets, our dragons are next to feel its wrath...
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Honestly, I find it ridiculous that so many flights have been indulging in darker aesthetics as the years go on while Plague is going the opposite direction and held back from doing so. Echoing the sentiments of other comments, there should be some kind of filter system. (I know my phobia of bodily fluids would appreciate it, the pus is SO much worse than any amount of blood for me.)
Honestly, I find it ridiculous that so many flights have been indulging in darker aesthetics as the years go on while Plague is going the opposite direction and held back from doing so. Echoing the sentiments of other comments, there should be some kind of filter system. (I know my phobia of bodily fluids would appreciate it, the pus is SO much worse than any amount of blood for me.)
8550aee9e6b0240ca32ebdcfd04fa62ae2e7e644.gif
73a7d53744f1550afcf2d03fe0ec197aeb84e76d.gif1b1f6d94f932296bf41fbe9a2c0ff9d5292c69d8.gif54b04308bbd423d93f4e5fc7fb40a5afee4f256d.gif6c8b9aca5e1946f522f766dc4d5891390b55bf3d.gif
z3FSuck.pngU0bFCPN.pngl8NOdbs.png
FqAY3t1.pnghh5n4WA.pngsbmtjDC.png
g31.png
[quote name="Beastface" date="2020-10-12 13:08:08" ] I dunno, I kinda understand the rule against blood & gore. People can go absolutely balls-to-the-wall ham with gore if you let them, to the level where it's questionable if it's fitting for the teen rating. Trying to solve each blood & wounds skin on a case-by-case basis wouldn't be consistent or fair (iirc, that was a problem for a while when the rule was put in place), so it's easier to just ban everything. I may not agree with the results but I can understand it and I don't think it's coming from a place of regret for creating Plague, or a need to sanitize it. [/quote] I understand the staff needs to draw a line somewhere but banning every hint of red is not a reasonable solution, in my opinion. I believe it is possible to come up with rules that are more specific but preserve the Plague aesthetic. Censorship shouldn't be excused just because it's the easiest option.
Beastface wrote on 2020-10-12 13:08:08:
I dunno, I kinda understand the rule against blood & gore. People can go absolutely balls-to-the-wall ham with gore if you let them, to the level where it's questionable if it's fitting for the teen rating. Trying to solve each blood & wounds skin on a case-by-case basis wouldn't be consistent or fair (iirc, that was a problem for a while when the rule was put in place), so it's easier to just ban everything. I may not agree with the results but I can understand it and I don't think it's coming from a place of regret for creating Plague, or a need to sanitize it.

I understand the staff needs to draw a line somewhere but banning every hint of red is not a reasonable solution, in my opinion. I believe it is possible to come up with rules that are more specific but preserve the Plague aesthetic. Censorship shouldn't be excused just because it's the easiest option.
nn4KUKj.png
This site will allow an ongoing, to-the-death holy war between beastly dragons but no blood? Okay... Tbh pus/infections/etc. is far more gross and inappropriate, if you want to talk censorship. I'd really rather have blood than those things [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1]
This site will allow an ongoing, to-the-death holy war between beastly dragons but no blood? Okay...

Tbh pus/infections/etc. is far more gross and inappropriate, if you want to talk censorship. I'd really rather have blood than those things
earthh5.png
[quote name="Kristan" date="2020-10-12 23:36:54" ] [quote name="Beastface" date="2020-10-12 13:08:08" ] I dunno, I kinda understand the rule against blood & gore. People can go absolutely balls-to-the-wall ham with gore if you let them, to the level where it's questionable if it's fitting for the teen rating. Trying to solve each blood & wounds skin on a case-by-case basis wouldn't be consistent or fair (iirc, that was a problem for a while when the rule was put in place), so it's easier to just ban everything. I may not agree with the results but I can understand it and I don't think it's coming from a place of regret for creating Plague, or a need to sanitize it. [/quote] I understand the staff needs to draw a line somewhere but banning every hint of red is not a reasonable solution, in my opinion. I believe it is possible to come up with rules that are more specific but preserve the Plague aesthetic. Censorship shouldn't be excused just because it's the easiest option. [/quote] Yeah, I agree that the rule is more strict than it needs to be and a bother to work around. I just don't think it's causing much harm or threat to the Plague aesthetic as a whole. I enjoy gore and body horror and RoR skins/accents have delivered that even without blood and fresh injuries. In my view, it's not much different than any other game putting up restriction for user-made content and is a rather harmless level of censorship.
Kristan wrote on 2020-10-12 23:36:54:
Beastface wrote on 2020-10-12 13:08:08:
I dunno, I kinda understand the rule against blood & gore. People can go absolutely balls-to-the-wall ham with gore if you let them, to the level where it's questionable if it's fitting for the teen rating. Trying to solve each blood & wounds skin on a case-by-case basis wouldn't be consistent or fair (iirc, that was a problem for a while when the rule was put in place), so it's easier to just ban everything. I may not agree with the results but I can understand it and I don't think it's coming from a place of regret for creating Plague, or a need to sanitize it.

I understand the staff needs to draw a line somewhere but banning every hint of red is not a reasonable solution, in my opinion. I believe it is possible to come up with rules that are more specific but preserve the Plague aesthetic. Censorship shouldn't be excused just because it's the easiest option.

Yeah, I agree that the rule is more strict than it needs to be and a bother to work around. I just don't think it's causing much harm or threat to the Plague aesthetic as a whole. I enjoy gore and body horror and RoR skins/accents have delivered that even without blood and fresh injuries. In my view, it's not much different than any other game putting up restriction for user-made content and is a rather harmless level of censorship.
Threads like this one have been made every year around the time for RoR since the no blood rule. E.g this one from 5 years ago https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1550818#post_1550818 No positive change has ever been made [emoji=bogsneak sad size=2] The thread linked to is still an active suggestion so if you want the rule lifted swing by and support
Threads like this one have been made every year around the time for RoR since the no blood rule. E.g this one from 5 years ago

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1550818#post_1550818

No positive change has ever been made

The thread linked to is still an active suggestion so if you want the rule lifted swing by and support
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I'm in ice for the eyes only, but shadow and the original Plague are my real aesthetic. Here's the thing, the pus and the boils that are supposedly fine are far more disgusting than some bloody cuts. The accent on my avatar dragon could probably never be made today, and for an entire flight themed after survival, the amount of loopholes is ridiculous.
I'm in ice for the eyes only, but shadow and the original Plague are my real aesthetic. Here's the thing, the pus and the boils that are supposedly fine are far more disgusting than some bloody cuts. The accent on my avatar dragon could probably never be made today, and for an entire flight themed after survival, the amount of loopholes is ridiculous.
•I no longer play, but that's left of my lair is not for sale•
i find it sad that its already risky to use the color red at all where it could potentially look like blood/cuts even if its not supposed to be that. i agree that the body horror and infections are a lot more disturbing than a tiny splatter of red. i also think its funny that we can make some pretty bloody dragons with on site genes. i dont think the flight will be removed. changed more and more instead. im pretty bummed about the zombie/green encourage thing during ror. :/ its like we cant even use our own color. we really need a filter system because i totally understand people who dont want to see all that stuff. the body horror and infection stuff is also pretty triggering for many i can imagine so it would really help those people as well.

i always wanted more clear rules for skins in general. what exactly is suffering or religious imagery for example.

getting rejected for using red is a big reason why i will never participate in my own flights festival contest. if i use red that can be replaced then red jam becomes orange or something but if i make a whole skin based around the color then im not ready to change absolutely everything.
i find it sad that its already risky to use the color red at all where it could potentially look like blood/cuts even if its not supposed to be that. i agree that the body horror and infections are a lot more disturbing than a tiny splatter of red. i also think its funny that we can make some pretty bloody dragons with on site genes. i dont think the flight will be removed. changed more and more instead. im pretty bummed about the zombie/green encourage thing during ror. :/ its like we cant even use our own color. we really need a filter system because i totally understand people who dont want to see all that stuff. the body horror and infection stuff is also pretty triggering for many i can imagine so it would really help those people as well.

i always wanted more clear rules for skins in general. what exactly is suffering or religious imagery for example.

getting rejected for using red is a big reason why i will never participate in my own flights festival contest. if i use red that can be replaced then red jam becomes orange or something but if i make a whole skin based around the color then im not ready to change absolutely everything.
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
wait, we're not even allowed to have minor blood on skins?
I looked through this thread and it seems red in general is a no-no? What's up with that?

I'm going to assume the skins that do have blood/wounds are older, then? I'm not sure. If blood is strictly prohibited, then that means my newest idea for a uma has to be totally scrapped. Darn.
I just don't see why blood in general has to be forbidden, then. I mean, there's a whole flight based around survival, and wounds seem to fit right in that aesthetic? It doesn't make sense to not have blood in that case, and a lot of the disease/non-bloody injury factor is a lot more disgusting than blood in the first place..
wait, we're not even allowed to have minor blood on skins?
I looked through this thread and it seems red in general is a no-no? What's up with that?

I'm going to assume the skins that do have blood/wounds are older, then? I'm not sure. If blood is strictly prohibited, then that means my newest idea for a uma has to be totally scrapped. Darn.
I just don't see why blood in general has to be forbidden, then. I mean, there's a whole flight based around survival, and wounds seem to fit right in that aesthetic? It doesn't make sense to not have blood in that case, and a lot of the disease/non-bloody injury factor is a lot more disgusting than blood in the first place..
CStGtqv.png
chaos makes the muse.
› zae(yrn) | any prns
about me
icon dragon
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14