Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lets chaos.
1 2 ... 428 429 430 431 432 ... 503 504
now, in addition to rising lair space prices and fluctuating AH prices, you have to pay taxes. Want to but some pretty on the AH? TAX. Want to dump all your savings into more lair space? MORE TAX. Desperately need food for your coli grinding team? EVEN MORE TAX. Oh, and you also have to pay taxes to keep that lair and hoard space. AND, the taxes are 50%.
now, in addition to rising lair space prices and fluctuating AH prices, you have to pay taxes. Want to but some pretty on the AH? TAX. Want to dump all your savings into more lair space? MORE TAX. Desperately need food for your coli grinding team? EVEN MORE TAX. Oh, and you also have to pay taxes to keep that lair and hoard space. AND, the taxes are 50%.
UeDZaC8.png
due to an 'AH overload', all auctions now last only 30 seconds to 1 minute
due to an 'AH overload', all auctions now last only 30 seconds to 1 minute
UeDZaC8.png
Deities can now decide their own legislature and taxes, as well as commandments that flights under them must follow, or else they run the risk of excommunication, exile, or other forms of punishment. Each deity has different beliefs and duties so each one is different.
Clans that are punished are unable to gather as much (sometimes not at all for a day or more), unable to expand lair space, potentially lose lair space, dragons of the same flight discriminate against your clan, and you are unable to participate in flight-exclusive forums and auctions. Bonus points if there's a mechanic where your clan is now vulnerable to beastclan attacks because your deity and fellow clans don't want to protect you. Beastclans can injure your dragons (decrease their energy), take from your hoard, and steal food points, gems, and treasure. Sometimes you get lucky and get a small scout party that stumbled too close and don't lose much if anything, sometimes you get whole troops marching through your territory and decide to stock up on supplies via taking yours. Your only method of defense against them is training your dragons in the coliseum, so they stand a chance of fighting back and minigating loses.
Deities can now decide their own legislature and taxes, as well as commandments that flights under them must follow, or else they run the risk of excommunication, exile, or other forms of punishment. Each deity has different beliefs and duties so each one is different.
Clans that are punished are unable to gather as much (sometimes not at all for a day or more), unable to expand lair space, potentially lose lair space, dragons of the same flight discriminate against your clan, and you are unable to participate in flight-exclusive forums and auctions. Bonus points if there's a mechanic where your clan is now vulnerable to beastclan attacks because your deity and fellow clans don't want to protect you. Beastclans can injure your dragons (decrease their energy), take from your hoard, and steal food points, gems, and treasure. Sometimes you get lucky and get a small scout party that stumbled too close and don't lose much if anything, sometimes you get whole troops marching through your territory and decide to stock up on supplies via taking yours. Your only method of defense against them is training your dragons in the coliseum, so they stand a chance of fighting back and minigating loses.
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gifbicatcher.png
[quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-08-31 09:59:48" ] [quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-08-28 19:37:09" ] refreshing coli causes the same energy penalty as losing a battle [/quote] i always kind of wondered why it doesn't, since fleeing does, and refreshing is the same as fleeing essentially. [/quote] I always assumed it’s because it’s impossible to tell whether a refresh is due to user action or a server-side issue - and, especially in the early days of FR, it would have been truly vicious to penalise users who got disconnected due to server issues!
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-08-31 09:59:48:
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-08-28 19:37:09:
refreshing coli causes the same energy penalty as losing a battle

i always kind of wondered why it doesn't, since fleeing does, and refreshing is the same as fleeing essentially.

I always assumed it’s because it’s impossible to tell whether a refresh is due to user action or a server-side issue - and, especially in the early days of FR, it would have been truly vicious to penalise users who got disconnected due to server issues!
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Dragons taken out of the hib den have a cooldown before they can breed or enter the coli
Dragons taken out of the hib den have a cooldown before they can breed or enter the coli
HfosCmC.png YbTJOZ2.png uiGoU30.pngHfosCmC.png YbTJOZ2.png
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2021-09-03 11:06:41" ] [quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-08-31 09:59:48" ] [quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-08-28 19:37:09" ] refreshing coli causes the same energy penalty as losing a battle [/quote] i always kind of wondered why it doesn't, since fleeing does, and refreshing is the same as fleeing essentially. [/quote] I always assumed it’s because it’s impossible to tell whether a refresh is due to user action or a server-side issue - and, especially in the early days of FR, it would have been truly vicious to penalise users who got disconnected due to server issues! [/quote] And it's still vicious, especially if you have bad wifi connection like me :')
ceiswyn wrote on 2021-09-03 11:06:41:
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-08-31 09:59:48:
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-08-28 19:37:09:
refreshing coli causes the same energy penalty as losing a battle

i always kind of wondered why it doesn't, since fleeing does, and refreshing is the same as fleeing essentially.

I always assumed it’s because it’s impossible to tell whether a refresh is due to user action or a server-side issue - and, especially in the early days of FR, it would have been truly vicious to penalise users who got disconnected due to server issues!
And it's still vicious, especially if you have bad wifi connection like me :')
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
Tidelord is found at Flamecaller's because his home is "too salty"
Tidelord is found at Flamecaller's because his home is "too salty"
KptxMMR.pngSBELSmC.pngPrism 3: Return of the Scatters
You can only do three coli battles each day... oofff
Potted Cactus =
=Vx1HobZ.png
=B1biG2b.png
yyLPAvX.png
GRHnPzA.png
Just some cactus crazy person
Birb_Cult.gif
[nextcol]eSHXerd.png[/columns]
[quote name="MilleniumTheReef" date="2021-09-07 20:51:33" ] You can only do three coli battles each day... oofff [/quote] unfortunately, i already do this. [i]*sigh*[/i] i have some work to do on actual dailies ..
MilleniumTheReef wrote on 2021-09-07 20:51:33:

unfortunately, i already do this. *sigh*

i have some work to do on actual dailies ..
Wow....
Wow....
AND-GOD-SAID.png
1 2 ... 428 429 430 431 432 ... 503 504