Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | minimalist lairs & lore: how do u do it
1 2 3 4
I just... exalted anyone who wouldn't sell. I had over 40 and went down to 5. That was 2-3 years ago, I've since gone back up for 13 or so permas, but nowhere near my old lair size.

My lore is honestly just each individual dragon has separate lore rather than an entire clan. Seo and Avi have intertwined lore, but the rest all have little to no knowledge or interaction with each other.
I just... exalted anyone who wouldn't sell. I had over 40 and went down to 5. That was 2-3 years ago, I've since gone back up for 13 or so permas, but nowhere near my old lair size.

My lore is honestly just each individual dragon has separate lore rather than an entire clan. Seo and Avi have intertwined lore, but the rest all have little to no knowledge or interaction with each other.
968.png ...| #145955 |
...| She/Her |
...| INFP |
...| 23 |
...| FR+3 |
squints

i think the points i'm gathering are to downsize until i get to a group that i absolutely don't want to lose (mostly based on appearance/aesthetics, since lore ideas could be melded to fit on new dragons) and SLOWLY build up from there. i'd probably still pick up new ones every now and then, but the idea is to keep them in a holding area to sit on it for a while before making a big commitment

also gotta stay poor; any accessible $$$ leads to impulse decisions
squints

i think the points i'm gathering are to downsize until i get to a group that i absolutely don't want to lose (mostly based on appearance/aesthetics, since lore ideas could be melded to fit on new dragons) and SLOWLY build up from there. i'd probably still pick up new ones every now and then, but the idea is to keep them in a holding area to sit on it for a while before making a big commitment

also gotta stay poor; any accessible $$$ leads to impulse decisions
h5IOxf5.gif bay
they/them
> lore
> wishlist
> scatters
> hatchery
________________earth_0.pnglight_2.pngtumblr_nr8b59v56x1tk8rwxo4_100.png
[quote name="heliophobia" date="2020-06-17 17:01:45" ] how to be a minimalist lair: [list][*]be bad at forming attachments [*]be picky [*]be poor [/quote] Ye
heliophobia wrote on 2020-06-17 17:01:45:
how to be a minimalist lair:
  • be bad at forming attachments
  • be picky
  • be poor
Ye
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
I’ve literally just done this LMAO I’ve been thinking about it for months, I wanted to downsize big time. After my first lair purge, I missed some dragons, but it’s surprisingly easier to move on than I thought it’d be.

Determine what makes that dragon valuable to you, it helps figuring out who to ultimately keep. I wanted to keep dragons with no offspring or very little, some G1s, dragons with older IDs; I went from over 50 permas to under 20 in a few days, most are for sale or rehomed already :3

I had a goal, I wanted to become a monolair. I gave all my fav dragons scries and outfits as ridgebacks, figured who still looked good, and narrowed down from there. 2mil treasure later I have all the scrolls I need! (Broke again now LOL)

TL;DR there can be a lot involved in ultimately figuring out who to keep, but it’s fun and super satisfying when you do
I’ve literally just done this LMAO I’ve been thinking about it for months, I wanted to downsize big time. After my first lair purge, I missed some dragons, but it’s surprisingly easier to move on than I thought it’d be.

Determine what makes that dragon valuable to you, it helps figuring out who to ultimately keep. I wanted to keep dragons with no offspring or very little, some G1s, dragons with older IDs; I went from over 50 permas to under 20 in a few days, most are for sale or rehomed already :3

I had a goal, I wanted to become a monolair. I gave all my fav dragons scries and outfits as ridgebacks, figured who still looked good, and narrowed down from there. 2mil treasure later I have all the scrolls I need! (Broke again now LOL)

TL;DR there can be a lot involved in ultimately figuring out who to keep, but it’s fun and super satisfying when you do
Untitled_Artwork.png
everyones mostly covered it but also like, dont beat yourself up too much? like i'm more minimalist than most id say, but my secret is like. hey every once in a while ur gonna want to buy a dragon and deck them out. its fine. its just about then also constantly asking if you want to hold onto said dragons.

like im always cycling through dragons sans a small handful. theres maybe like, five I would struggle to part with very much, and about 20 that i would be a little bummed to lose.

idk i just dont think its worth stressing over! they come, they go, its whatever.
everyones mostly covered it but also like, dont beat yourself up too much? like i'm more minimalist than most id say, but my secret is like. hey every once in a while ur gonna want to buy a dragon and deck them out. its fine. its just about then also constantly asking if you want to hold onto said dragons.

like im always cycling through dragons sans a small handful. theres maybe like, five I would struggle to part with very much, and about 20 that i would be a little bummed to lose.

idk i just dont think its worth stressing over! they come, they go, its whatever.
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
My lair isn't currently small, but I'm definitely trying to downsize, and one think that's helped me so far is to separate the dragons I definitely want to keep, as opposed to separating all the dragons I definitely want to get rid of.

Also, I'm reminding myself that these dragons aren't going to be exalted. They're not going to be gone forever, I'm just simply giving them a better home than what they would have gotten with me, since I don't give them enough attention. And even though I can see a scenerio where I get very attached to them and give them lore, I'm not currently in love with them, so why should I bother?
My lair isn't currently small, but I'm definitely trying to downsize, and one think that's helped me so far is to separate the dragons I definitely want to keep, as opposed to separating all the dragons I definitely want to get rid of.

Also, I'm reminding myself that these dragons aren't going to be exalted. They're not going to be gone forever, I'm just simply giving them a better home than what they would have gotten with me, since I don't give them enough attention. And even though I can see a scenerio where I get very attached to them and give them lore, I'm not currently in love with them, so why should I bother?
just don't have lore
just don't have lore
3Lr6Rsp.png
honestly I'm in a constant state of purging my lair, because I'm constantly changing interests. my biggest issue is that if a dragon doesn't fit my lore it almost unequivocally gets the boot. no second chances. I'm in the middle of trying to revamp my lore right now and when I do that, there will be casualties. I've already started trying to clear out.
honestly I'm in a constant state of purging my lair, because I'm constantly changing interests. my biggest issue is that if a dragon doesn't fit my lore it almost unequivocally gets the boot. no second chances. I'm in the middle of trying to revamp my lore right now and when I do that, there will be casualties. I've already started trying to clear out.
wORSkxL.png
i'd say having a small lair (heres my old lore that i just purged that covered five permas) leads to more cohesive and tight-knit lore.

i based mine around an aesthetic (old lair was a general Light theme, now im more of a golden/natural theme) and completely purged. I found one dragon that i really felt inspired to write about and rebuilt everything from there.

having old links your old lore makes for fantastic storytelling as well. My current lore can be traced all the way back to my old arcane lore. you can always resort to that if you don't feel like restarting from scratch.

thank you for the little nod @popatopips!! i didn't think i was rich ^^"
i'd say having a small lair (heres my old lore that i just purged that covered five permas) leads to more cohesive and tight-knit lore.

i based mine around an aesthetic (old lair was a general Light theme, now im more of a golden/natural theme) and completely purged. I found one dragon that i really felt inspired to write about and rebuilt everything from there.

having old links your old lore makes for fantastic storytelling as well. My current lore can be traced all the way back to my old arcane lore. you can always resort to that if you don't feel like restarting from scratch.

thank you for the little nod @popatopips!! i didn't think i was rich ^^"
xx Ilios; + she/her.
FR +2. minimalist.

> about me
> wishlist
> art shop
x LihMChV.png
aaaa thank u everyone! hopefully others were able to pick up some helpful tips along the way too :') [quote name="Skeleyon" date="2020-06-17 19:34:09" ] just don't have lore [/quote] [i]sIR[/i]
aaaa thank u everyone! hopefully others were able to pick up some helpful tips along the way too :')

Skeleyon wrote on 2020-06-17 19:34:09:
just don't have lore

sIR
h5IOxf5.gif bay
they/them
> lore
> wishlist
> scatters
> hatchery
________________earth_0.pnglight_2.pngtumblr_nr8b59v56x1tk8rwxo4_100.png
1 2 3 4