Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I did it I really did it
1 2 3
I now have 120K gems for a large purchase I've been saving up for for like... probably a year or more now. I finally have it all.

The best part? I never have to play Glimmer and Gloom again. Never. Never ever.

I'm free
I now have 120K gems for a large purchase I've been saving up for for like... probably a year or more now. I finally have it all.

The best part? I never have to play Glimmer and Gloom again. Never. Never ever.

I'm free
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
OOOOH CONGRATS that's AMAZING!! :D
What have you been saving up for? I'm really curious ahah!

ALSO WHAT'S YOUR SECRET!? How do you even GET that much?!!!?!? THATS SO MANY GEMS AKLJDSLSAJLDJ
OOOOH CONGRATS that's AMAZING!! :D
What have you been saving up for? I'm really curious ahah!

ALSO WHAT'S YOUR SECRET!? How do you even GET that much?!!!?!? THATS SO MANY GEMS AKLJDSLSAJLDJ
your discipline and dedication are seriously something to be admired, dang. congrats! every gem is well-deserved.

i am also incredibly curious as to what you're purchasing with that kingly sum :0
your discipline and dedication are seriously something to be admired, dang. congrats! every gem is well-deserved.

i am also incredibly curious as to what you're purchasing with that kingly sum :0
@Charias @hannibals I've been saving up for a cross-site trade, actually! Don't worry, I made sure that site allowed it first haha. Gonna get all the kicksterter stuff on dappervolk. [quote]ALSO WHAT'S YOUR SECRET!? How do you even GET that much?!!!?!? THATS SO MANY GEMS AKLJDSLSAJLDJ[/quote] My secret is grinding a lot, really hard. It's a ton of work, and there just aren't that many big money makers on FR when compared to such a huge goal. You're basically scraping all day every day for dragon pennies. It's easier to generate treasure than gems, but there has been a LOT of gem inflation very quickly lately which has made grinding treasure to sell for gems much less effective. My general strategies were - Bond with all familiars every day. (use two windows to speed this up.) Often overlooked, but this was a really great source of free gems and items to sell. - Max fairgrounds with glimmer and gloom ever day (man I hated that game already when I started this, and my opinion of it did NOT improve over all this time. But it's the fastest fairground earner so that was that.) - Sell swipp items while the swipp trade was up, this is the only time these items really sell. - Reduce items down with baldwin constantly, but be aware that most items (excluding holiday items or brand new hot items) are not worth brewing to sell. Fun fact, if you compare the price of the materials to the sell price of a poi/tox scroll, you are actually [i]losing [/i]money trying to sell it. Check the material vs final item price- even during new baldwin item releases, it may be more profitable to just sell materials. - Take advantage of events going on. This is probably the biggest one. Elemental holiday? Grind until your arms fall off. New clothing item that can drop in the coli? You live in the coli for the next 3 days. New venue? Clear your schedule, it's coli time all the time now. Might also be worth saving up some of your chests from familiar bonding for new items coming out, as many of those can come out of chests. But basically when anything new has come out or there's an elemental holiday going on, you [i]don't stop grinding[/i]. - You know how I said to grind events hard? Grind them harder than that. NotN is one of the most profitable times of the year, grind at the Christmas party. Grind after Thanksgiving dinner. Grind before your date on Valentines day. Grind on your birthday. Grind on weekdays. The grind does not end, the grind is eternal. Some times are more profitable than others, but you grind hard every day all the same. - Hoardsell common coli food/material/trinket items once every month or so. Try not to accidentally sell baldwin or swipp items. Leave a stack or so of a cheap common item unsold to feed to baldwin. - You will get many drops in the coli. Old clothing, battlestones, familiars, all sorts of stuff. Sell them. Might mean sitting at the auction house for hours listing familiars one at a time, but money is money and that stuff adds up. - Specific tips for selling things: If the price of a battlestone is almost the same as the hoardsell price, just hoardsell it. Sell in gems when possible to avoid the tax, but be aware that many items just won't sell for gems or may be worth less in gems than they are in treasure. Once you have a good idea of what clothing items and familiars are common (and thus worth "fodder" price for that item), don't bother looking up the price for each individually, just look up the "fodder" price for that item type and list all the known low price items for that. Much faster. - Ever buy a duplicate of a festival or limited item in hopes that they would be worth something to sell later? Well if you have a big goal like that, it's now time to sell. - Fill your hibden with baby dragons so they grow up in to strong adult fodder. Also, breed as many dragons as you have nest room for to generate new babies for free. Train them if you can, but just sell them if you need to be grinding in a venue that's too low level to train in. Contrary to popular belief, training to exalt really doesn't generate that much profit. I only did it once I had exhausted all of the above tips for that day's dragon pennies. That means I still did it a LOT though, because I needed a whole bunch of dragon cash. Eternal grind forever. - Putting on Netflix or Youtube or something while grinding can help, once you've been doing it a while you won't even really need to look at the coli screen anymore while your hands go through the motions. I watched almost every new show, series, or anime I picked up in the past year or so while coli grinding. Got the the point where I felt weird if I was watching anything and didn't have a coli window open. - Learn how to exchange treasure for gems on the forum, and do that. I usually converted once every million treasure. I would also vault my gems once I hit 1KG, just so I'd have a nice flat and even number to judge my progress by. Being aware of the exchange ratio can also help you determine when to sell an AH item for T or for G. With these tips you too can be a dragon gajillionaire. I started with just 10KG and some cycled out items. Though I wouldn't recommend going for such a big goal unless you have good reason. Grinding that much is just... really not fun. 0% fun. Easy to burn out on fast. You have to consider, is being imaginary dragon rich really worth that much to you? Maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but either way you should think about it before burning yourself out with infinite grinding.
@Charias @hannibals

I've been saving up for a cross-site trade, actually! Don't worry, I made sure that site allowed it first haha. Gonna get all the kicksterter stuff on dappervolk.
Quote:

My secret is grinding a lot, really hard. It's a ton of work, and there just aren't that many big money makers on FR when compared to such a huge goal. You're basically scraping all day every day for dragon pennies. It's easier to generate treasure than gems, but there has been a LOT of gem inflation very quickly lately which has made grinding treasure to sell for gems much less effective.

My general strategies were

- Bond with all familiars every day. (use two windows to speed this up.) Often overlooked, but this was a really great source of free gems and items to sell.

- Max fairgrounds with glimmer and gloom ever day (man I hated that game already when I started this, and my opinion of it did NOT improve over all this time. But it's the fastest fairground earner so that was that.)

- Sell swipp items while the swipp trade was up, this is the only time these items really sell.

- Reduce items down with baldwin constantly, but be aware that most items (excluding holiday items or brand new hot items) are not worth brewing to sell. Fun fact, if you compare the price of the materials to the sell price of a poi/tox scroll, you are actually losing money trying to sell it. Check the material vs final item price- even during new baldwin item releases, it may be more profitable to just sell materials.

- Take advantage of events going on. This is probably the biggest one. Elemental holiday? Grind until your arms fall off. New clothing item that can drop in the coli? You live in the coli for the next 3 days. New venue? Clear your schedule, it's coli time all the time now. Might also be worth saving up some of your chests from familiar bonding for new items coming out, as many of those can come out of chests. But basically when anything new has come out or there's an elemental holiday going on, you don't stop grinding.

- You know how I said to grind events hard? Grind them harder than that. NotN is one of the most profitable times of the year, grind at the Christmas party. Grind after Thanksgiving dinner. Grind before your date on Valentines day. Grind on your birthday. Grind on weekdays. The grind does not end, the grind is eternal. Some times are more profitable than others, but you grind hard every day all the same.

- Hoardsell common coli food/material/trinket items once every month or so. Try not to accidentally sell baldwin or swipp items. Leave a stack or so of a cheap common item unsold to feed to baldwin.

- You will get many drops in the coli. Old clothing, battlestones, familiars, all sorts of stuff. Sell them. Might mean sitting at the auction house for hours listing familiars one at a time, but money is money and that stuff adds up.

- Specific tips for selling things: If the price of a battlestone is almost the same as the hoardsell price, just hoardsell it. Sell in gems when possible to avoid the tax, but be aware that many items just won't sell for gems or may be worth less in gems than they are in treasure. Once you have a good idea of what clothing items and familiars are common (and thus worth "fodder" price for that item), don't bother looking up the price for each individually, just look up the "fodder" price for that item type and list all the known low price items for that. Much faster.

- Ever buy a duplicate of a festival or limited item in hopes that they would be worth something to sell later? Well if you have a big goal like that, it's now time to sell.

- Fill your hibden with baby dragons so they grow up in to strong adult fodder. Also, breed as many dragons as you have nest room for to generate new babies for free. Train them if you can, but just sell them if you need to be grinding in a venue that's too low level to train in. Contrary to popular belief, training to exalt really doesn't generate that much profit. I only did it once I had exhausted all of the above tips for that day's dragon pennies. That means I still did it a LOT though, because I needed a whole bunch of dragon cash. Eternal grind forever.

- Putting on Netflix or Youtube or something while grinding can help, once you've been doing it a while you won't even really need to look at the coli screen anymore while your hands go through the motions. I watched almost every new show, series, or anime I picked up in the past year or so while coli grinding. Got the the point where I felt weird if I was watching anything and didn't have a coli window open.

- Learn how to exchange treasure for gems on the forum, and do that. I usually converted once every million treasure. I would also vault my gems once I hit 1KG, just so I'd have a nice flat and even number to judge my progress by. Being aware of the exchange ratio can also help you determine when to sell an AH item for T or for G.

With these tips you too can be a dragon gajillionaire. I started with just 10KG and some cycled out items. Though I wouldn't recommend going for such a big goal unless you have good reason. Grinding that much is just... really not fun. 0% fun. Easy to burn out on fast. You have to consider, is being imaginary dragon rich really worth that much to you? Maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but either way you should think about it before burning yourself out with infinite grinding.
Small art shop!
*claps*
I could never think of even getting close to that much money lmao
*claps*
I could never think of even getting close to that much money lmao
nK1fyjz.png astramaru

she/her

» wishlist
» about
» lore
@MangoLlama I honestly didn't think I could ever get that much either. I actually started with a goal of half that much (my friend and I were going to both go in with half), and even then I was super unsure we could make it. I was using my friend as a confidence boost, felt easier if we went in together.

But then I got to the halfway point, and time passed, and I realized... I bet I could come up with the full amount.

And it turns out I could.
@MangoLlama I honestly didn't think I could ever get that much either. I actually started with a goal of half that much (my friend and I were going to both go in with half), and even then I was super unsure we could make it. I was using my friend as a confidence boost, felt easier if we went in together.

But then I got to the halfway point, and time passed, and I realized... I bet I could come up with the full amount.

And it turns out I could.
Small art shop!
Get the expensive sprites do it
0QBdK7N.png
[quote name="Kyan0s" date="2020-05-06 07:05:52" ] Get the expensive sprites do it [/quote] honestly they could probably afford the whole set
Kyan0s wrote on 2020-05-06 07:05:52:

honestly they could probably afford the whole set

blue | +2 FRT
casual love

raffle
pm me to be friends!
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
16471.png
@ShiraCheshire

How do you find time to do all this grinding? Obviously since it's quarantine we're more or less free to do what we want, but what about before that?
@ShiraCheshire

How do you find time to do all this grinding? Obviously since it's quarantine we're more or less free to do what we want, but what about before that?
nK1fyjz.png astramaru

she/her

» wishlist
» about
» lore
wow congrats !! what are you going to buy ?
wow congrats !! what are you going to buy ?
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o2_100.png
kiino||she/her||fr+3
1 2 3