Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do y'all save tho
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="UltraNumbed" date="2020-02-21 21:42:14" ] [Size=1]howtho[/size] [/quote] primal coatls. there's too many of them and they're too pretty. i will liquidate my entire hoard if thats what it takes to get a certain pretty
UltraNumbed wrote on 2020-02-21 21:42:14:
howtho
primal coatls. there's too many of them and they're too pretty. i will liquidate my entire hoard if thats what it takes to get a certain pretty
@VenomousSwan so you pretty much have the opposite end of the spectrum...instead of impulsive spending, you've got impulsive saving...

Can I has like a cup of that impulsive saving?
@VenomousSwan so you pretty much have the opposite end of the spectrum...instead of impulsive spending, you've got impulsive saving...

Oufkzg8.png
[quote name="Falinks" date="2020-02-21 21:59:23" ] [quote name="UltraNumbed" date="2020-02-21 21:42:14" ] [Size=1]howtho[/size] [/quote] primal coatls. there's too many of them and they're too pretty. i will liquidate my entire hoard if thats what it takes to get a certain pretty [/quote] Wow dedication
Falinks wrote on 2020-02-21 21:59:23:
UltraNumbed wrote on 2020-02-21 21:42:14:
howtho
primal coatls. there's too many of them and they're too pretty. i will liquidate my entire hoard if thats what it takes to get a certain pretty
Wow dedication
Oufkzg8.png
The thing is, I don’t save. I just make money to make up for it. By using the coli. Sell stuff on the AH. You go through some rough patches, like rn I have about 15kt and 4 gems, but I have an earth egg on the AH from the coli, so that problem will be fixed. This especially works during festivals.[emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
The thing is, I don’t save. I just make money to make up for it. By using the coli. Sell stuff on the AH. You go through some rough patches, like rn I have about 15kt and 4 gems, but I have an earth egg on the AH from the coli, so that problem will be fixed. This especially works during festivals.
[url=]1652fdc72ef71234a94d34e429764b40b6617d5e.gif[/url[/url][url=]9b8fcd0424cd75bc1bc1ce191ffc06e40e8aae3f.gif[/url[/url][url=]16935163e51ed6b94be9adce86310a2065d99c43.gif[/url]
[quote name="UltraNumbed" date="2020-02-21 21:59:44" ] @VenomousSwan so you pretty much have the opposite end of the spectrum...instead of impulsive spending, you've got impulsive saving... Can I has like a cup of that impulsive saving? [/quote] Pretty much, yes! I would love to send you a cup or two.
UltraNumbed wrote on 2020-02-21 21:59:44:

Pretty much, yes! I would love to send you a cup or two.
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
[quote name="firewolf54" date="2020-02-21 22:05:49" ] The thing is, I don’t save. I just make money to make up for it. By using the coli. Sell stuff on the AH. You go through some rough patches, like rn I have about 15kt and 4 gems, but I have an earth egg on the AH from the coli, so that problem will be fixed. This especially works during festivals.[emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] [/quote] I might have to get back into coli grinding when I can...it takes a while but I do enjoy the outcome of a rare find when it happens. Plus it'll help me feed my dragons. Also fodder money is fast money. Might not make much off of one 5kt dragon but off of hundreds absolutely. And shadow IS doing their fest push soon. Could help out with that by preleveling fodder. *sigh* I think I might just do that in a moment.
firewolf54 wrote on 2020-02-21 22:05:49:
The thing is, I don’t save. I just make money to make up for it. By using the coli. Sell stuff on the AH. You go through some rough patches, like rn I have about 15kt and 4 gems, but I have an earth egg on the AH from the coli, so that problem will be fixed. This especially works during festivals.

I might have to get back into coli grinding when I can...it takes a while but I do enjoy the outcome of a rare find when it happens. Plus it'll help me feed my dragons. Also fodder money is fast money. Might not make much off of one 5kt dragon but off of hundreds absolutely. And shadow IS doing their fest push soon. Could help out with that by preleveling fodder. *sigh* I think I might just do that in a moment.
Oufkzg8.png
Set really lofty goals for yourself and keep reminding yourself if you spend x your detracting from that goal.
Set really lofty goals for yourself and keep reminding yourself if you spend x your detracting from that goal.
rf2tsx4.pngZs5ariW.pngaJj1GZH.png
Create a new baseline? Ie, "I need 750g for a certain piece of art, so I'll never have less than 800g unless I'm spending it on that." It's mostly forcing yourself to not spend it, but eventually that 800g is just gonna become your new zero. Same goes for treasure.

It sort of just builds a saving habit over time? I'm only under 1milT right now because I got some new dragons to gene and, well, I'm not gonna squander Plague dom, but at the same time I was able to spend guiltlessly knowing that 1) in a few days I can make it back/get over 1milT again and 2) that's what I was saving that treasure for anyways, to complete my dragons. Meanwhile, I'm at about 5.7kg right now with 800g as my baseline. And now, I don't really want to drop under 5kg! But, if I do, I'll know it was to buy something that'd really make me happy.

So, I guess tldr advice, set a bar for yourself you can't dip under for mere impulse buys. But if you fall super in love with a dragon, or some art, or work on a project and dip under because of that, don't feel guilty and just remember that you can make it back. Plus, if you do get into the habit of saving, it feels amazing to be able to just splurge on stuff!! Save so you can spend frivolously in the future.
Create a new baseline? Ie, "I need 750g for a certain piece of art, so I'll never have less than 800g unless I'm spending it on that." It's mostly forcing yourself to not spend it, but eventually that 800g is just gonna become your new zero. Same goes for treasure.

It sort of just builds a saving habit over time? I'm only under 1milT right now because I got some new dragons to gene and, well, I'm not gonna squander Plague dom, but at the same time I was able to spend guiltlessly knowing that 1) in a few days I can make it back/get over 1milT again and 2) that's what I was saving that treasure for anyways, to complete my dragons. Meanwhile, I'm at about 5.7kg right now with 800g as my baseline. And now, I don't really want to drop under 5kg! But, if I do, I'll know it was to buy something that'd really make me happy.

So, I guess tldr advice, set a bar for yourself you can't dip under for mere impulse buys. But if you fall super in love with a dragon, or some art, or work on a project and dip under because of that, don't feel guilty and just remember that you can make it back. Plus, if you do get into the habit of saving, it feels amazing to be able to just splurge on stuff!! Save so you can spend frivolously in the future.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="UltraNumbed" date="2020-02-21 22:00:28" ] Wow dedication [/quote] *addiction i, uh, definitely have a problem. think of it like a tiny monolair of pure coatl in my HD (who most of need money to be finished [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1])
UltraNumbed wrote on 2020-02-21 22:00:28:
Wow dedication
*addiction

i, uh, definitely have a problem. think of it like a tiny monolair of pure coatl in my HD
(who most of need money to be finished )
Okay okay...ima set a few goals.

First Goal 1milT
16119/1000000

Second Goal 1mil500kT
16119/1500000

Third Goal 2milT
16119/2000000

Why I'm Saving: Art Commissions

I'ma put that on my clan page and my wishlist...
Okay okay...ima set a few goals.

First Goal 1milT
16119/1000000

Second Goal 1mil500kT
16119/1500000

Third Goal 2milT
16119/2000000

Why I'm Saving: Art Commissions

I'ma put that on my clan page and my wishlist...
Oufkzg8.png
1 2 3 4 5