Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thinking of making a guide to newbies
1 2 3 4
Include something about naming their progen's hatchlings (ideally names they like) before they sell or exalt them. Would have saved a lot of people some grief later on if that had been stressed at the beginning.
Include something about naming their progen's hatchlings (ideally names they like) before they sell or exalt them. Would have saved a lot of people some grief later on if that had been stressed at the beginning.
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2020-02-10 20:39:10" ] Include something about naming their progen's hatchlings (ideally names they like) before they sell or exalt them. Would have saved a lot of people some grief later on if that had been stressed at the beginning. [/quote] That's actually a good thing, I'll add that to the list.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2020-02-10 20:39:10:

That's actually a good thing, I'll add that to the list.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
This is small, but maybe including that you have to convert food before you can use it? It might be explained in the tutorial, I'm not sure, but it's something I definitely see popping up in "Help" alot. Also reminding them that dragons need to be fed to breed, and explaining how Ancients work though I imagine you have those planned already.

I think this is a really good idea though!! Could help alot of people.
This is small, but maybe including that you have to convert food before you can use it? It might be explained in the tutorial, I'm not sure, but it's something I definitely see popping up in "Help" alot. Also reminding them that dragons need to be fed to breed, and explaining how Ancients work though I imagine you have those planned already.

9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2020-02-10 20:53:30" ] This is small, but maybe including that you have to convert food before you can use it? It might be explained in the tutorial, I'm not sure, but it's something a definitely see popping up in "Help" alot. I think this is a really good idea though!! Could help alot of people. [/quote] YES! When I first joined, way back when, I didn't know how to feed my dragons. I had to ask in the help forums. Also include that some food items are [i]EXPENSIVE[/i], and should be sold for money, or used for their intended purpose (like HD slots, Swipp)
Drakessis wrote on 2020-02-10 20:53:30:
This is small, but maybe including that you have to convert food before you can use it? It might be explained in the tutorial, I'm not sure, but it's something a definitely see popping up in "Help" alot.

YES!
When I first joined, way back when, I didn't know how to feed my dragons. I had to ask in the help forums.

Also include that some food items are EXPENSIVE, and should be sold for money, or used for their intended purpose (like HD slots, Swipp)
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
Add a thing about likes. I just found this out but you can like a dragon.
(https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2819925)
edit. This to (https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2819961)
Just small things like this that can reduce confusion.
Add a thing about likes. I just found this out but you can like a dragon.
(https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2819925)
edit. This to (https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2819961)
Just small things like this that can reduce confusion.
All good stuff, especially the feeding!

Will add to list.
All good stuff, especially the feeding!

Will add to list.
Please drink water.

For the coli- I don't know what up-to-date full guides are out there, I just know I tend to still see people pointed toward Culex as the main guide. Culex is still good for, say, STR to elim an enemy, or leveling a team with full elims, but a lot of the material is outdated and certainly pre-revamp. However, to update *so much* information would almost seem to be worth a full post of its own. It's a project I've toyed with the idea of for a while now, but if you plan to try to cover in your guide, I wish you luck!
For the coli- I don't know what up-to-date full guides are out there, I just know I tend to still see people pointed toward Culex as the main guide. Culex is still good for, say, STR to elim an enemy, or leveling a team with full elims, but a lot of the material is outdated and certainly pre-revamp. However, to update *so much* information would almost seem to be worth a full post of its own. It's a project I've toyed with the idea of for a while now, but if you plan to try to cover in your guide, I wish you luck!
wq9PoXA.png
Definitely include mention of items sales being a good place to trade g/t, an explanation of the ratio concept, and letter blocks like (B), (S), (T), (W), (H), and (LF)
Definitely include mention of items sales being a good place to trade g/t, an explanation of the ratio concept, and letter blocks like (B), (S), (T), (W), (H), and (LF)
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Snek" date="2020-02-11 00:35:48" ] Definitely include mention of items sales being a good place to trade g/t, an explanation of the ratio concept, and letter blocks like (B), (S), (T), (W), (H), and (LF) [/quote] Good ideas!
Snek wrote on 2020-02-11 00:35:48:

Good ideas!
Please drink water.

Oh! I thought of one more. In BIG BOLD LETTERS somewhere, make a note that the staff have said that making money from dragons is meant to come primarily through exalting, and not breeding them to sell for keepsies. The economy is not dead, dying, or threatened because people have a hard time selling expensive dragons; it is actually working as intended. I can't tell you how many people I've seen forced to come to harsh grips with that disappointment, or who have made a variety of threads about it, because of a mistaken impression on that front.
Oh! I thought of one more. In BIG BOLD LETTERS somewhere, make a note that the staff have said that making money from dragons is meant to come primarily through exalting, and not breeding them to sell for keepsies. The economy is not dead, dying, or threatened because people have a hard time selling expensive dragons; it is actually working as intended. I can't tell you how many people I've seen forced to come to harsh grips with that disappointment, or who have made a variety of threads about it, because of a mistaken impression on that front.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4