Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [ICEDOM] Gala OOF Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Bystander

I’ve loved every addition! Each entry has its own great charm I’ve love reading them so far xD
@Bystander

I’ve loved every addition! Each entry has its own great charm I’ve love reading them so far xD
Untitled_Artwork.png
@bystander

thank you! she was involved in a crab related mystery during rbc grab bags, you probably saw her there. we've both super interested to see how the rest of this lore goes, and if it links into any of her ongoing investigations....
@bystander

thank you! she was involved in a crab related mystery during rbc grab bags, you probably saw her there. we've both super interested to see how the rest of this lore goes, and if it links into any of her ongoing investigations....
H5OffQr.gif betty
they/them
FRT+3
d4LKApX.gif
@Bystander
sorry for the extremely late reply but I just wanted to say I'm glad you liked my stupid commentary! I actually read that updated and posted the meme while half asleep so I reread it and had a repeat "I don't know what I connected, but I connected the dots! >:Oc" moment. all of the parts were really entertaining and well written, I kept checking my pings every day just to see what else was going to happen next!
@Bystander
sorry for the extremely late reply but I just wanted to say I'm glad you liked my stupid commentary! I actually read that updated and posted the meme while half asleep so I reread it and had a repeat "I don't know what I connected, but I connected the dots! >:Oc" moment. all of the parts were really entertaining and well written, I kept checking my pings every day just to see what else was going to happen next!
V9yg0X3.png frt_pronouns.png
hoard_sales.png
separator.png
pixel_headshots.png
separator.png
temp.png
You're all going to be dealing with me updating instead of jbapple (and, because I am a mere mortal who does not have her superpowers, these updates will be slightly later in the day) [center][b]DAY 8[/b][/center] Lakshmi shifts her grip on her tome, then begins. “Last night, I was checking on the guard rota--I’d made a mistake, and scheduled Ehr instead of Ngi, and I wanted to make sure everything had gone smoothly.” “Why is that a mistake?” you ask, slightly confused. Ehr had seemed perfectly competent when you talked to him. “Well, there have been some issues between Ehr and Lao, who had the day shift yesterday, and having them interact is not ideal. But Ehr was in position when I checked, and his energy seemed fairly calm, which was a welcome change to how it usually is after interacting with Lao,” Lakshmi said, fidgeting with her tome again. You wonder why it’s so important to her, but know that now isn’t the time to ask. “When did you check on him?” you ask, already knowing the answer. “Around moonset, or so.” Of course. “But that’s when things got weird.” You give her a quizzical look, and thankfully, she elaborates. “I’d just checked on Ehr’s energy; I hadn’t even gone close enough to see him--I was two floors up from his post, on the stairwell. I was getting ready to leave when I got hit by a dragon and it knocked me down a flight of stairs.” “Someone pushed you?” you ask, excited. That sounds like obviously nefarious intent, which could be your big break. “No, they were falling, too,” Lakshmi says, and you realize--of course. Eirlys. You nod. “When we hit the next landing, I froze--a leftover reaction from my time in some of the less... hospitable regions of Sornieth,” Lakshmi admits, grimacing. You wince, feeling sorry for her; it sounds like her life had a very harsh learning curve. “The dragon on top of me hurried away, and I didn’t get to see who it was, but I was spooked. I study military tactics and history, but I’m not a combatant myself, at least not at the moment. So I took my chance and escaped back to my tent.” “Why didn’t you report the incident?” you ask, honestly confused. Lakshmi seems to know the gaolers pretty well, or at least some of them; surely, they would have listened to her. “I was ashamed, slightly, of my cowardice,” she admits, and that makes some sense, “but mostly, by the time I got back to my tent, I was half-convinced I’d imagined it. Skydancers aren’t naturally nocturnal, and it was very easy to convince myself that I’d spooked from something much smaller, tripped myself, and then had a flashback. Of course, now that I know something did happen last night, I’m a little more ready to believe it actually happened.” “That’s valid. If it makes you feel any better, I’m pretty sure I know who knocked you down, so I don’t think you imagined it,” you say, hoping to reassure her, but realizing belatedly that you might’ve just thrown Eirlys under the bus. “Are they okay? It seemed like a hard fall,” Lakshmi says with a worried look on her face, and you huff. Of course that’s what she’d be worried about. Even after what she’s said of the life she lived, she seems so empathetic. “She’s fine now,” you say, hoping to reassure the skydancer. It seems to work; Lakshmi’s face relaxes, and she shifts in her seat. “Is that all?” she says, glancing at the door. “I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, and I was hoping to catch a few hours more.” You smile at her. “Go sleep; I have some detecting to do. Thanks for being willing to talk to me.” “I have nothing to hide,” Lakshmi says, smiling at you. You notice how tired she looks, and smile back. She leaves, taking her tome with her, followed by the lux spectre. You glance at your fox. “Time to look for clues!” you say brightly, then wait for a response for a beat before you remember that the fox, no matter how wonderful and brilliant it is, can’t talk. You glance around, but thankfully no one saw that. Straightening your shoulders, you set out to find the west wing of the Fortress. [center][item=aged tome][/center] ----- Daily lore pings below! If you want to be added to the pinglist, fill out [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IvIun-sCAb4fzKpIsDw8OzW2qwJ__DrKfGLKBSzLcMU/viewform?edit_requested=true]this form[/url] (to be removed, pm jbapple). @Tafficat, @MerlinMausi, @sockmonkeygerald, @Katsuokai, @LadyCora, @Spinoride, @Brighteningskies, @Prester, @Sciencer, @crowvidae, @retrace, @Finlandia, @Welgan, @DriftingClouds, @venusambassador, @ScaretavaJad, @TheAwesoMew, @qwigoqwaga, @RisenWolf, @minervamaga, @betty, @ghostlyplants, @Watercolour, @WanderingTurtle, @shoujo, @Starwindrider, @harmonywish, @NlCKname, @Sidegrinder, @Scryzze, @mrgbmommy, @Aradan, @Sinjin, @Amezrou, @tigressRising, @MandragoraAutumn, @SensitivePigeon, @Corvvuscorax, @BunnySox, @Bumblebeeflower, @Asphoxia, @Lundlaeva, @HelianthusNox, @LemonySnaket, @Yawmi, @Pensacola, @Undermom, @Gravebloom, @AithneOnik, @WolfprintsSC
You're all going to be dealing with me updating instead of jbapple (and, because I am a mere mortal who does not have her superpowers, these updates will be slightly later in the day)

DAY 8

Lakshmi shifts her grip on her tome, then begins.

“Last night, I was checking on the guard rota--I’d made a mistake, and scheduled Ehr instead of Ngi, and I wanted to make sure everything had gone smoothly.”

“Why is that a mistake?” you ask, slightly confused. Ehr had seemed perfectly competent when you talked to him.

“Well, there have been some issues between Ehr and Lao, who had the day shift yesterday, and having them interact is not ideal. But Ehr was in position when I checked, and his energy seemed fairly calm, which was a welcome change to how it usually is after interacting with Lao,” Lakshmi said, fidgeting with her tome again. You wonder why it’s so important to her, but know that now isn’t the time to ask.

“When did you check on him?” you ask, already knowing the answer.

“Around moonset, or so.” Of course. “But that’s when things got weird.”

You give her a quizzical look, and thankfully, she elaborates.

“I’d just checked on Ehr’s energy; I hadn’t even gone close enough to see him--I was two floors up from his post, on the stairwell. I was getting ready to leave when I got hit by a dragon and it knocked me down a flight of stairs.”

“Someone pushed you?” you ask, excited. That sounds like obviously nefarious intent, which could be your big break.

“No, they were falling, too,” Lakshmi says, and you realize--of course. Eirlys. You nod.

“When we hit the next landing, I froze--a leftover reaction from my time in some of the less... hospitable regions of Sornieth,” Lakshmi admits, grimacing. You wince, feeling sorry for her; it sounds like her life had a very harsh learning curve. “The dragon on top of me hurried away, and I didn’t get to see who it was, but I was spooked. I study military tactics and history, but I’m not a combatant myself, at least not at the moment. So I took my chance and escaped back to my tent.”

“Why didn’t you report the incident?” you ask, honestly confused. Lakshmi seems to know the gaolers pretty well, or at least some of them; surely, they would have listened to her.

“I was ashamed, slightly, of my cowardice,” she admits, and that makes some sense, “but mostly, by the time I got back to my tent, I was half-convinced I’d imagined it. Skydancers aren’t naturally nocturnal, and it was very easy to convince myself that I’d spooked from something much smaller, tripped myself, and then had a flashback. Of course, now that I know something did happen last night, I’m a little more ready to believe it actually happened.”

“That’s valid. If it makes you feel any better, I’m pretty sure I know who knocked you down, so I don’t think you imagined it,” you say, hoping to reassure her, but realizing belatedly that you might’ve just thrown Eirlys under the bus.

“Are they okay? It seemed like a hard fall,” Lakshmi says with a worried look on her face, and you huff. Of course that’s what she’d be worried about. Even after what she’s said of the life she lived, she seems so empathetic.

“She’s fine now,” you say, hoping to reassure the skydancer. It seems to work; Lakshmi’s face relaxes, and she shifts in her seat.

“Is that all?” she says, glancing at the door. “I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, and I was hoping to catch a few hours more.”

You smile at her. “Go sleep; I have some detecting to do. Thanks for being willing to talk to me.”

“I have nothing to hide,” Lakshmi says, smiling at you. You notice how tired she looks, and smile back.

She leaves, taking her tome with her, followed by the lux spectre. You glance at your fox.

“Time to look for clues!” you say brightly, then wait for a response for a beat before you remember that the fox, no matter how wonderful and brilliant it is, can’t talk.

You glance around, but thankfully no one saw that. Straightening your shoulders, you set out to find the west wing of the Fortress.
Aged Tome

Daily lore pings below! If you want to be added to the pinglist, fill out this form (to be removed, pm jbapple).

@Tafficat, @MerlinMausi, @sockmonkeygerald, @Katsuokai, @LadyCora, @Spinoride, @Brighteningskies, @Prester, @Sciencer, @crowvidae, @retrace, @Finlandia, @Welgan, @DriftingClouds, @venusambassador, @ScaretavaJad, @TheAwesoMew, @qwigoqwaga, @RisenWolf, @minervamaga, @betty, @ghostlyplants, @Watercolour, @WanderingTurtle, @shoujo, @Starwindrider, @harmonywish, @NlCKname, @Sidegrinder, @Scryzze, @mrgbmommy, @Aradan, @Sinjin, @Amezrou, @tigressRising, @MandragoraAutumn, @SensitivePigeon, @Corvvuscorax, @BunnySox, @Bumblebeeflower, @Asphoxia, @Lundlaeva, @HelianthusNox, @LemonySnaket, @Yawmi, @Pensacola, @Undermom, @Gravebloom, @AithneOnik, @WolfprintsSC
e8MFzYE.gif
We love you, Bystander, you're doing a great job!! <3
We love you, Bystander, you're doing a great job!! <3
everything's all coming together /cue eyes emoji

the little interactions with the fox are adorable and a nice touch, but the chekhov's gun part of my brain keeps going "the fox did it!"
everything's all coming together /cue eyes emoji

the little interactions with the fox are adorable and a nice touch, but the chekhov's gun part of my brain keeps going "the fox did it!"
V9yg0X3.png frt_pronouns.png
hoard_sales.png
separator.png
pixel_headshots.png
separator.png
temp.png
I admire the fox’s self control and not even paying attention to the cute floating Lux spectre LoL
I admire the fox’s self control and not even paying attention to the cute floating Lux spectre LoL
Untitled_Artwork.png
The fox is the true hero here - after all, he's a very dedicated scribe and I'm sure Us (let's call the main character taht way ?) will solve the case thanks to his notes. u_u
The fox is the true hero here - after all, he's a very dedicated scribe and I'm sure Us (let's call the main character taht way ?) will solve the case thanks to his notes. u_u
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
I'm also rather curious about which breed Us is supposed to be. I remember from the first lore pings that Us found the Gaoler to be big, so I'd say something smaller than a Gaoler (that would exclude Guardian, Imperial and Ridgeback I guess).
I didn't re-read it carefully, but I don't rembmer feeling any connection between Us and the witnesses, like Us talked about their breed with a distance (they are not like me). Sam thing to be applied at all "ancients", so exit Banescale.
That would exclude Pearlcatchers, Tundras, Spirals, Skydancers (the last two being fairly small).
Us seems rather emotion sensitive, so I wouldn't totally exclude Skydancers though.
Us doesn't seem to have difficulties understanding other dragons, so I would exclude Faes and Coatls - except for a very trained one in communication, and it's still possible.
That would leave Wildclaw, Bogsneak, Mirror, Nocturne and Snapper with no specific clue.
How interesting !

Also I wonder about Us' element. Apparently it's not Ice, but that's all we know.
A bit of a bookworm interested in solving mysteries by becoming a detective can claim Light, but don't worry the fox is a Nature creature found in a Nature venue.
Can't wait to read more !
I'm also rather curious about which breed Us is supposed to be. I remember from the first lore pings that Us found the Gaoler to be big, so I'd say something smaller than a Gaoler (that would exclude Guardian, Imperial and Ridgeback I guess).
I didn't re-read it carefully, but I don't rembmer feeling any connection between Us and the witnesses, like Us talked about their breed with a distance (they are not like me). Sam thing to be applied at all "ancients", so exit Banescale.
That would exclude Pearlcatchers, Tundras, Spirals, Skydancers (the last two being fairly small).
Us seems rather emotion sensitive, so I wouldn't totally exclude Skydancers though.
Us doesn't seem to have difficulties understanding other dragons, so I would exclude Faes and Coatls - except for a very trained one in communication, and it's still possible.
That would leave Wildclaw, Bogsneak, Mirror, Nocturne and Snapper with no specific clue.
How interesting !

Also I wonder about Us' element. Apparently it's not Ice, but that's all we know.
A bit of a bookworm interested in solving mysteries by becoming a detective can claim Light, but don't worry the fox is a Nature creature found in a Nature venue.
Can't wait to read more !
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
Ooh this is getting interesting!
Ooh this is getting interesting!
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
1 2 3 4 5 6 7