Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | An attempt to fix fans on Gaolers
1 2
I love the gene, especially the concept of them being on gaolers; fishing/ hunting seals below the icy ocean crust, but there are a few problems... It looks lopsided and weird in some areas. So I made an attempt to do this gene justice! I put parallel fins on the back (so it doesn't cut off their manes), removed the head fins for the same reason, removed tail fins (they looked out of place) and added leg fins (maybe it will help them hunt in icy rivers?). Mine: [img]https://i.ibb.co/x6KLZJj/An-attempt-FIXING-FANS.png[/img] Official: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=33&breed=17&element=4&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=152&tertgene=3&winggene=0&wings=152&auth=0e22f95724b4be25124a9ab01e0881e3d1817749&dummyext=prev.png[/img] What do you think? (I know its not the best, but maybe it gets the point across?) What does the official version do right? And what do you think the official version did not do so well? I might try to adjust the other poses, but I wanted to show off what I made so far...
I love the gene, especially the concept of them being on gaolers; fishing/ hunting seals below the icy ocean crust, but there are a few problems... It looks lopsided and weird in some areas. So I made an attempt to do this gene justice! I put parallel fins on the back (so it doesn't cut off their manes), removed the head fins for the same reason, removed tail fins (they looked out of place) and added leg fins (maybe it will help them hunt in icy rivers?).
Mine:
An-attempt-FIXING-FANS.png
Official:
dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=33&breed=17&element=4&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=152&tertgene=3&winggene=0&wings=152&auth=0e22f95724b4be25124a9ab01e0881e3d1817749&dummyext=prev.png
What do you think? (I know its not the best, but maybe it gets the point across?) What does the official version do right? And what do you think the official version did not do so well?

I might try to adjust the other poses, but I wanted to show off what I made so far...
Oh yeah, I definitely like yours more. Very nice! I think it's the fans on the face/head that make it look odd.

Something else that maybe could have been added is a small bit of webbing on their feet.
Oh yeah, I definitely like yours more. Very nice! I think it's the fans on the face/head that make it look odd.

Something else that maybe could have been added is a small bit of webbing on their feet.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
I think I like this version much better somehow? It must had been awkward for me to look at I guess. That's interesting for my views on that.
I think I like this version much better somehow? It must had been awkward for me to look at I guess. That's interesting for my views on that.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
that looks so much better omg!!!! the fin on the head def was what made them look really odd to me; having it focused on the back & the legs looks 10x more natural imo!
that looks so much better omg!!!! the fin on the head def was what made them look really odd to me; having it focused on the back & the legs looks 10x more natural imo!
7979e7990c935401ea870817577cea0a6aea04da.png
experience the feeling of being "bited." // bio // hatchery
I actually like fins on tail, but addition to legs is nice

what sortaaa bothers me is that it is fins, which I associate with smth scaly, with fur. I mean it is cool for monsters and gaos look like monsters. to me it seems as rather odd designing choice, but at same I don't mind? ehh it isn't smth I will use and nobone is forcing me to use the gene, so I don't care for its existence lol
and yeah someone pointed out, it seems like fins are on side of body, and mane on other. that is def flaw in design

what sortaaa bothers me is that it is fins, which I associate with smth scaly, with fur. I mean it is cool for monsters and gaos look like monsters. to me it seems as rather odd designing choice, but at same I don't mind? ehh it isn't smth I will use and nobone is forcing me to use the gene, so I don't care for its existence lol
and yeah someone pointed out, it seems like fins are on side of body, and mane on other. that is def flaw in design
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
Looks so much better now! Awesome job! Preserves the silhouette so much better!
Looks so much better now! Awesome job! Preserves the silhouette so much better!
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
There's also the back fur. You can see it behind the fans. See? [img]https://i.imgur.com/lIHOGEU.png[/img]
There's also the back fur. You can see it behind the fans. See?
lIHOGEU.png
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[quote name="Valrunie" date="2020-01-07 13:36:55" ] I actually like fins on tail, but addition to legs is nice [/quote] Same on the tail fin, I like fins going nearly all the way back down. ... heck, I'd say throw some more on their head and have Fae be super envious of all their flappy bigs.
Valrunie wrote on 2020-01-07 13:36:55:

Same on the tail fin, I like fins going nearly all the way back down.

... heck, I'd say throw some more on their head and have Fae be super envious of all their flappy bigs.
4QFtgPW.png
[quote name="shozurei" date="2020-01-07 14:11:34" ] There's also the back fur. You can see it behind the fans. See? [img]https://i.imgur.com/lIHOGEU.png[/img] [/quote] Yep, that’s why I was thinking they should have parallel fans on either sides of the back hair fluff! More symmetrical that way... It also doesn’t get rid of the fact that the back fluff exists!
shozurei wrote on 2020-01-07 14:11:34:
There's also the back fur. You can see it behind the fans. See?
lIHOGEU.png
Yep, that’s why I was thinking they should have parallel fans on either sides of the back hair fluff! More symmetrical that way... It also doesn’t get rid of the fact that the back fluff exists!
I personally love the top head fin. looks real cool imo

the chin 'fin' is probably only part of the gene i don't like, because it's not sharp and pointed like rest
I personally love the top head fin. looks real cool imo

the chin 'fin' is probably only part of the gene i don't like, because it's not sharp and pointed like rest
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
1 2