Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you conjugate Sornieth?
1 2
'Sornian' has a nice ring to it ;)
'Sornian' has a nice ring to it ;)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/upOHSww.png[/img] (this is a screenshot from one of the Staff Q&As, specifically a thread with all lore questions answered) So it's a planet, like Earth. Sorniethlings? I mean, for Earth its Earthlings, and Earth ends with -th, Sornieth ends with -th, so I guess that makes the most sense. It also says in that thread that Sornieth means [i]Our World[/i] in draconic, but Earth Fire Water and Air have different names for it also so idk [quote name="Deoxtri" date="2019-12-02 15:59:29" ] Let's say there are other continents and Sornieth is just one of them on whichever planet our dragons reside, how would other creatures refer to creatures in Sornieth. [/quote] I don't think that would even make sense, because as stated on the screenshot there are no other known continents, so either there are more we don't know about or that's it, that's the planet. Just one giant Pangaea and nothing else. It doesn't make sense for them to have another name for outsiders to call Sornieth because there simply isn't any, if we don't know any others then no one else knows about us. In case there are others though and they eventually found Sornieth, I'd assume they'd not call it Sornieth as that means [i]Our World[/i] and technically that isn't their world. Idk, just speculation.
upOHSww.png

(this is a screenshot from one of the Staff Q&As, specifically a thread with all lore questions answered)

So it's a planet, like Earth. Sorniethlings? I mean, for Earth its Earthlings, and Earth ends with -th, Sornieth ends with -th, so I guess that makes the most sense. It also says in that thread that Sornieth means Our World in draconic, but Earth Fire Water and Air have different names for it also so idk
Deoxtri wrote on 2019-12-02 15:59:29:
Let's say there are other continents and Sornieth is just one of them on whichever planet our dragons reside, how would other creatures refer to creatures in Sornieth.
I don't think that would even make sense, because as stated on the screenshot there are no other known continents, so either there are more we don't know about or that's it, that's the planet. Just one giant Pangaea and nothing else. It doesn't make sense for them to have another name for outsiders to call Sornieth because there simply isn't any, if we don't know any others then no one else knows about us. In case there are others though and they eventually found Sornieth, I'd assume they'd not call it Sornieth as that means Our World and technically that isn't their world. Idk, just speculation.
shadostam.gif
HQsa6bD.pngxvCXjXc.png
- She/They
- FR+4:00
- I hoard shadow-themed items!

- Don't be afraid to ping me a lot
- Sorry if my grammar is weird, english is my second language!
- You can call me Pituka, Pit or RGB!
Since "Sor-" presumably means our, and "nieth" means world (though there are a few other ways it could go depending on word order in draconic language) maybe some variant of "Niethan" would do the trick.
I also like "Sorni".
Since "Sor-" presumably means our, and "nieth" means world (though there are a few other ways it could go depending on word order in draconic language) maybe some variant of "Niethan" would do the trick.
I also like "Sorni".
[quote name="Rivershard" date="2019-12-02 18:41:26" ] Since "Sor-" presumably means our, and "nieth" means world (though there are a few other ways it could go depending on word order in draconic language) maybe some variant of "Niethan" would do the trick. I also like "Sorni". [/quote] I had read it as Sorni-eth, where Sorni was the world and -eth was some type of possessive suffix, but that could get unwieldy so idk
Rivershard wrote on 2019-12-02 18:41:26:
I also like "Sorni".
I had read it as Sorni-eth, where Sorni was the world and -eth was some type of possessive suffix, but that could get unwieldy so idk
wq9PoXA.png
Sornian.
Sornian.
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing