Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | give me your honest opinions about Earth
1 2 3 4
Shiny rocks n' stuff. DOM all day er' day (I like the MP/lair expansion discounts). Nice eye types. Forums are reeaallly slow but the flight discord is much more active. Pretty much everyone is chill. It's just, overall, a really nice flight to be in. I haven't left in over a year since I flight-hopped to Earth. But, that's mostly because I'm diggin' the constant dom bonuses. Also, [quote name="Grail" date="2019-11-16 09:07:09" ] Accidental dom wins are no joke. [/quote]
Shiny rocks n' stuff. DOM all day er' day (I like the MP/lair expansion discounts). Nice eye types. Forums are reeaallly slow but the flight discord is much more active. Pretty much everyone is chill. It's just, overall, a really nice flight to be in. I haven't left in over a year since I flight-hopped to Earth. But, that's mostly because I'm diggin' the constant dom bonuses.

Also,
Grail wrote on 2019-11-16 09:07:09:
Accidental dom wins are no joke.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
The community is friendly, but the forums are pretty slow. Overall, we are pretty laid back. There is a discord, but I can't tell you anything about it, as I've never really participated in it (despite having been invited to it. Oops!)

I chose to move from Light to Earth, because that's what dom did. A few years ago, Light was the flight that had dom the most often, so I had joined them, and it was great! However, after coming back from a long hiatus, Light was no longer the dom powerhouse that it had been, and Earth had become the new one. So Earth is my current flight. Genuinely curious who will be the next dom powerhouse flight I move to! XP

I can't say how the IF dom events are, as I've never participated in one. I'm typically too focused yeeting dragons to Earthdad. What I like about Earth is how friendly everyone is, and the frequent dom bonuses. What I dislike is that the forums are a bit too slow for my tastes, and the general aesthetic just isn't my cup of tea. I don't hate it, but it just isn't for me.

My apologies for the long post, but I hope it helps! ^.^
The community is friendly, but the forums are pretty slow. Overall, we are pretty laid back. There is a discord, but I can't tell you anything about it, as I've never really participated in it (despite having been invited to it. Oops!)

I chose to move from Light to Earth, because that's what dom did. A few years ago, Light was the flight that had dom the most often, so I had joined them, and it was great! However, after coming back from a long hiatus, Light was no longer the dom powerhouse that it had been, and Earth had become the new one. So Earth is my current flight. Genuinely curious who will be the next dom powerhouse flight I move to! XP

I can't say how the IF dom events are, as I've never participated in one. I'm typically too focused yeeting dragons to Earthdad. What I like about Earth is how friendly everyone is, and the frequent dom bonuses. What I dislike is that the forums are a bit too slow for my tastes, and the general aesthetic just isn't my cup of tea. I don't hate it, but it just isn't for me.

My apologies for the long post, but I hope it helps! ^.^
LF G1 F Jungle/Soil/Crimson Nature Unbred
If you have one to trade/sell, message me.

I'm not as involved as I used to be, but I get pinged probably roughly once a month regarding in flight dom stuff. We have events during festivals, and resources for newbies. Dom-wise, everything is well planned and well communicated, they let us know when anything changes.

Forums are a bit slow, but regularly get replies. That's mainly the only thing I dislike. I enjoy the scenery, dom, and community. I chose earth because it was smaller. I'm originally from wind, and while everyone there was super nice, I just felt lost in the crowd.

I've been in earth for four years now, and it's been very consistent as just a small, chill group.

I'm not as involved as I used to be, but I get pinged probably roughly once a month regarding in flight dom stuff. We have events during festivals, and resources for newbies. Dom-wise, everything is well planned and well communicated, they let us know when anything changes.

Forums are a bit slow, but regularly get replies. That's mainly the only thing I dislike. I enjoy the scenery, dom, and community. I chose earth because it was smaller. I'm originally from wind, and while everyone there was super nice, I just felt lost in the crowd.

I've been in earth for four years now, and it's been very consistent as just a small, chill group.
I0BoGPB.png
A Pleg, thoughts about Earth:

-Their deity sounds like the best one around. Just wants all dragons to be friends and work together. Lonely rock, deserves hugs.
-They get cheated so hard on fest apparel; with last year's exception, FR always goes for the 'brown dusty chunky' aspect of Earth and not the 'bright shiny crystal' aspect, the 'fossils and ancient discoveries' aspect, or the 'terrifying things lurking below the stone' aspect.
-Can't help but be salty about how hard they dom. I get it, your dad's awesome, but the other flights need to show off their parents too.

The last one isn't a refutation against anyone in Earth or even their dom program - it's just that it gained so many people joining specifically for dom that their default state, just people training and exalting dragons for their own coffers, allows them to place on the leaderboard every time, and this 'doing whatever' state can only be beaten by hard profit pushes or outright conquest pushes by other flights. It's more a problem with the system than it is with the flight, and the only reason it was able to happen was because Earth's aesthetic isn't as appreciated as many others (see Light, Plague, Shadow, Wind, etc.)
A Pleg, thoughts about Earth:

-Their deity sounds like the best one around. Just wants all dragons to be friends and work together. Lonely rock, deserves hugs.
-They get cheated so hard on fest apparel; with last year's exception, FR always goes for the 'brown dusty chunky' aspect of Earth and not the 'bright shiny crystal' aspect, the 'fossils and ancient discoveries' aspect, or the 'terrifying things lurking below the stone' aspect.
-Can't help but be salty about how hard they dom. I get it, your dad's awesome, but the other flights need to show off their parents too.

The last one isn't a refutation against anyone in Earth or even their dom program - it's just that it gained so many people joining specifically for dom that their default state, just people training and exalting dragons for their own coffers, allows them to place on the leaderboard every time, and this 'doing whatever' state can only be beaten by hard profit pushes or outright conquest pushes by other flights. It's more a problem with the system than it is with the flight, and the only reason it was able to happen was because Earth's aesthetic isn't as appreciated as many others (see Light, Plague, Shadow, Wind, etc.)
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
not in earth, but in addition to the dom bonuses, it seems very cozy!
not in earth, but in addition to the dom bonuses, it seems very cozy!
30-50 feral bogs
It's very quiet, but tight-knit. If there's a good thread or something interesting it's amazing how many people come out of the little cracks and niches heh

I personally love the eyes, and I like the desert wanderer vibe a lot. There's a fair bit of IF dom stuff, especially considering the size of the flight. You'll find a lot of Earthies are introverted and kinda like doing their own thing (exalt, exalt, exalt. We loooove hoarding gems ;-) ) Earth tends to have a lot of older/mature players, with matching lair size and funds. We're quiet, thoughtful, generous. Very, very low drama flight. Means we got little excitement too, but hey, we can come to FRD for that.
It's very quiet, but tight-knit. If there's a good thread or something interesting it's amazing how many people come out of the little cracks and niches heh

I personally love the eyes, and I like the desert wanderer vibe a lot. There's a fair bit of IF dom stuff, especially considering the size of the flight. You'll find a lot of Earthies are introverted and kinda like doing their own thing (exalt, exalt, exalt. We loooove hoarding gems ;-) ) Earth tends to have a lot of older/mature players, with matching lair size and funds. We're quiet, thoughtful, generous. Very, very low drama flight. Means we got little excitement too, but hey, we can come to FRD for that.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I was so confused for a second all I could think was "Earth is not flat". Anyway, been here for years, it's quiet but nice.
I was so confused for a second all I could think was "Earth is not flat". Anyway, been here for years, it's quiet but nice.
signaturething.png
I joined Earth because of my lore. But I absolutely love it here.

I've only been here about a week, so I can't say very much about it yet. Forums are quiet, but the Earth dom discord is pretty active (maybe just because the Flight holiday is coming up but still). Did I mention that Earth is really good when it comes to dom? Even if you don't join in, you still get all the bonuses (which, from what I've seen, are pretty good). Plus there's a lot of good lore opportunities, and a pretty aesthetic (especially if you like gemstones).
I joined Earth because of my lore. But I absolutely love it here.

I've only been here about a week, so I can't say very much about it yet. Forums are quiet, but the Earth dom discord is pretty active (maybe just because the Flight holiday is coming up but still). Did I mention that Earth is really good when it comes to dom? Even if you don't join in, you still get all the bonuses (which, from what I've seen, are pretty good). Plus there's a lot of good lore opportunities, and a pretty aesthetic (especially if you like gemstones).
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
Earth is chill and friendly, and feels like there's a higher average age of players there (based on the time I've spent in their discords in the past). Generally way less drama than other flights, very much a cozy found-family community. Would love to go back there some day when I have the energy/feel like spending the gems!
Earth is chill and friendly, and feels like there's a higher average age of players there (based on the time I've spent in their discords in the past). Generally way less drama than other flights, very much a cozy found-family community. Would love to go back there some day when I have the energy/feel like spending the gems!
she/they, adult
Crunchy.
Crunchy.
I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
1 2 3 4