Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Irrational Fears
1 2
Do you think there are dragons that scared of like. Birds. The same way people are scared of insects?

You know.

“I know they’re harmless, that doesn’t make them any less tiny and flying all over my face.”

“They’d be less terrifying if they stopped appearing out of nowhere!”

”You don’t understand, they only have two legs why do they only have two it’s so creepy where are their other two limbs????”
Do you think there are dragons that scared of like. Birds. The same way people are scared of insects?

You know.

“I know they’re harmless, that doesn’t make them any less tiny and flying all over my face.”

“They’d be less terrifying if they stopped appearing out of nowhere!”

”You don’t understand, they only have two legs why do they only have two it’s so creepy where are their other two limbs????”
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png
This... Is not something I'd ever think about normally but I am very glad you have brought it to light. And I am now headcannoning it for my own lair. I wonder if Faes are afraid of birds just because they're pretty much the same size.
This... Is not something I'd ever think about normally but I am very glad you have brought it to light. And I am now headcannoning it for my own lair. I wonder if Faes are afraid of birds just because they're pretty much the same size.
vDH0pGc.png
@Vegaswaddlez

I am glad to be of headcannon assistance.

Also maybe the dragon version of "bugs crawling over your skin" is like. Feathers flapping against scales. That tiny "something moving" tickling sensation that comes with a visceral NO reaction deep in your soul.

"Well I just- *sudden panicky flailing* I FELT FEATHERS. I FELT FEATHERS. IS THERE A BIRD?"
@Vegaswaddlez

I am glad to be of headcannon assistance.

Also maybe the dragon version of "bugs crawling over your skin" is like. Feathers flapping against scales. That tiny "something moving" tickling sensation that comes with a visceral NO reaction deep in your soul.

"Well I just- *sudden panicky flailing* I FELT FEATHERS. I FELT FEATHERS. IS THERE A BIRD?"
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png
Heck yes. That'd be 20x funnier if it was a skydancer or a coatl with that fear.

The dragons who actually like birds just walk in with 20 on them and high-pitched shrieking echos throughout the den.
Heck yes. That'd be 20x funnier if it was a skydancer or a coatl with that fear.

The dragons who actually like birds just walk in with 20 on them and high-pitched shrieking echos throughout the den.
vDH0pGc.png
oh, i love this idea, and it could really apply to any irrational fear
you've got a dragon who has a whole bunch of frogs and love frogs, say, and then another who's straight-up terrified of them

yeah, this would make a fun lore idea
oh, i love this idea, and it could really apply to any irrational fear
you've got a dragon who has a whole bunch of frogs and love frogs, say, and then another who's straight-up terrified of them

yeah, this would make a fun lore idea
Or a dragon that fears something cute like a bunny and cant hunt that thing because it's terrified. [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
Or a dragon that fears something cute like a bunny and cant hunt that thing because it's terrified.
Z4EXqHV.png QQYyU47.png
image9.png
I adore this. Headcannon accepted.
I adore this. Headcannon accepted.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
I literally know a few people IRL afraid of birds. I’m definitely gonna make some lore dragons with this fear. Head cannon accept.
I literally know a few people IRL afraid of birds. I’m definitely gonna make some lore dragons with this fear. Head cannon accept.
WEll now I know what fears to give Dunkin.
WEll now I know what fears to give Dunkin.
sYJ7QdI.png
Of course! Nearly every more complex creature has some sort of fear, whether it's general anxiety and fear for safety or in case it's a phobia. Since dragons are sapient, they most certainly have developed phobias.

Go wild!
Of course! Nearly every more complex creature has some sort of fear, whether it's general anxiety and fear for safety or in case it's a phobia. Since dragons are sapient, they most certainly have developed phobias.

Go wild!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2